You've Gotta Love This

OP
OP
J

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny thing is that the satire in that article is more like fact because everyone I know back in Mn are ready to throw everyone else on the team to the wolves, mostly AP. Even though a game is not won or lost by one person, no one will admit that Favre is at all remotely responsible and still insist they would not be there without him. I ask them repeatedly how they are so sure that with that loaded Viking team they would not be in the same spot with even a mediocre QB. After all, they made the playoffs last year with TJ and in that spot he would probably have scrambled. Yet all we have to listen to from the announcers every time Aaron misses a pass is "now that's a throw Favre makes". And they know this how??

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you sure this is a SB ad?
Don't they save them and then leak them onto the net after the game?

OP
OP
J

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny thing is that the satire in that article is more like fact because everyone I know back in Mn are ready to throw everyone else on the team to the wolves, mostly AP. Even though a game is not won or lost by one person, no one will admit that Favre is at all remotely responsible and still insist they would not be there without him. I ask them repeatedly how they are so sure that with that loaded Viking team they would not be in the same spot with even a mediocre QB. After all, they made the playoffs last year with TJ and in that spot he would probably have scrambled. Yet all we have to listen to from the announcers every time Aaron misses a pass is "now that's a throw Favre makes". And they know this how??

Favre wasn't the ONLY player responsible. Most of the offense is to blame from poor protection to dropped passes to fumbled balls...too much to overcome. The defense gave up too many points, but it held the Saints to a paltry number of yards.

Like is the case in EVERY bash-Favre-story, the game needn't have had to come down to a pass by Favre. The score probably should have been in the neighborhood of 45-14 Minnesota, if you account for the Part Time's fumble before half which would have been another TD, Berrian's fumble at the 7 which would have culminated in another TD and throw and tack on a measley FG at worst.

I'm not sure how any reasonable human being could have watched that game and came away with the feeling that Favre lost that game. Favre is the reason the Vikings were IN the game to begin with. You'd have to be terribly simple or have a serious axe to grind against Brett Favre to want to believe he lost the game. It's silly and this kind of diseased thought process has no place in our forum which is supposedly all about facts and thruths.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre wasn't the ONLY player responsible. Most of the offense is to blame from poor protection to dropped passes to fumbled balls...too much to overcome. The defense gave up too many points, but it held the Saints to a paltry number of yards.

Like is the case in EVERY bash-Favre-story, the game needn't have had to come down to a pass by Favre. The score probably should have been in the neighborhood of 45-14 Minnesota, if you account for the Part Time's fumble before half which would have been another TD, Berrian's fumble at the 7 which would have culminated in another TD and throw and tack on a measley FG at worst.

I'm not sure how any reasonable human being could have watched that game and came away with the feeling that Favre lost that game. Favre is the reason the Vikings were IN the game to begin with. You'd have to be terribly simple or have a serious axe to grind against Brett Favre to want to believe he lost the game. It's silly and this kind of diseased thought process has no place in our forum which is supposedly all about facts and thruths.
So we don't blame Brent for the loss but everyone else on the team. Even though Brent did throw the INT that led to the Saints win.
And we don't give the team credit for getting there but all the credit goes to Brent.
OK So there is an "I" in team after all. That is, whenever they win.
Gotchya.
:nhl2:

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I disagree completely. This is a fan forum. Fan is short for fanatic. Fanatics don't really give that much weight to facts and truths when they support their team. They roll mostly on emotion and loyalty. If there is a player for an opposing team that Packers fans don't like, say Brett Favre, then this is exactly the forum to get that out. They really don't need a reasoned argument. If you don't like the Vikings, like most of us Packer fans don't, then it is easy to pile on Favre when we get a chance. And most of the reasons for not liking him have less to do with the on field stuff than the off field stuff that the Favre lovers tend to ignore, downplay or deny, like this annual ritual that has made him a joke in the Onion.

OP
OP
J

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If you will note, I said that a win or loss is never one person. However, for whatever reason everyone I know just defends Brett and trashes the rest of the team. There were six fumbles, and two picks. What I'm saying is that my friends in Mn blame everyone BUT Brett. He did not lose the game but he was partly responsible as was the rest of the team, but all I hear is "we need to trade AP". AP fumbled twice (no turnover) plus the botched handoff which they credited to Favre (didn't stick the ball in AP's gut before he let go).

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you will note, I said that a win or loss is never one person. However, for whatever reason everyone I know just defends Brett and trashes the rest of the team. There were six fumbles, and two picks. What I'm saying is that my friends in Mn blame everyone BUT Brett. He did not lose the game but he was partly responsible as was the rest of the team, but all I hear is "we need to trade AP". AP fumbled twice (no turnover) plus the botched handoff which they credited to Favre (didn't stick the ball in AP's gut before he let go).

I understand. Look, the the last throw was a good read, but a second too late, so it was a bad play on Brett Favre.

I'm simply arguing that the reasoning of laying the blame a majority on Favre, when he was the most important factor to his team being in the NFCCG in the first place, doesn't really tell the true story.

It's fun to argue about it, even if neither side is ever convinced by the other.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I understand. Look, the the last throw was a good read, but a second too late, so it was a bad play on Brett Favre.
That wasn't a good read by Favre. You learn at every level, someone on ESPN that night (I don't remember which talking head) called it one of the fundamentals of the position, that you never EVER throw back across your body into the middle of the field. Especially in that situation.

Awful throw, awful read, awful play.

That said, Favre didn't fumble 18 times, so the blame isn't solely on him, though he does share in it.

(I feel like it's two weeks ago, again. :lol: )

OP
OP
J

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm simply arguing that the reasoning of laying the blame a majority on Favre, when he was the most important factor to his team being in the NFCCG in the first place, doesn't really tell the true story.

It's fun to argue about it, even if neither side is ever convinced by the other.

I am not one whom lays the majority of the blame on Favre for this game, it was just one bad play. Berrian was wide open too on that play, but mistakes will be made by anyone on the team so I don't lay the blame at any one player's feet.

However, another thing I can't figure out is why everyone is so sure that the Vikes would not have been there had it not been for Favre. They went to the playoffs last year and their team this year was awesome. Who knows what TJ could have done with a little more confidence and experience? And in that play, he would have scrambled lol (if game). But you're right it's fun to debate!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That wasn't a good read by Favre. You learn at every level, someone on ESPN that night (I don't remember which talking head) called it one of the fundamentals of the position, that you never EVER throw back across your body into the middle of the field. Especially in that situation.

Awful throw, awful read, awful play.

That said, Favre didn't fumble 18 times, so the blame isn't solely on him, though he does share in it.

(I feel like it's two weeks ago, again. :lol: )
Yup.
Take a knee.
But nope. "I'm Brett Favre. Watch this!"
INTERCEPTION by the Saint's!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Vikes LOSE.
In your face Burt. In your face.
Sit down. Shut up. Sure. You can wear your helmet while sitting there in OT. But you ain't putting your sorry *** back out there. You loser.
:viksux:

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup.
Take a knee.
But nope. "I'm Brett Favre. Watch this!"
INTERCEPTION by the Saint's!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Vikes LOSE.
In your face Burt. In your face.
Sit down. Shut up. Sure. You can wear your helmet while sitting there in OT. But you ain't putting your sorry *** back out there. You loser.
:viksux:

HAHAHA LOL Thats ace :D

Members online

Latest posts