The 5 Love Directions

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Huntley is for sure a solid and very athletic backup. Truthfully if Green Bay had went after him to back up Love I'd not have opposed it. He is the perfect Lamar backup though.
Yeah I only remember one game where Huntley had to come in and play considerable time due to a Jackson injury. Years ago. He didn't miss a beat as far as I could tell. I don't think he's quite starter material, but he is a helluva QB for someone who went undrafted. Arguably the best backup in the league, and as you indicate, especially for the type of football they play in Baltimore.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What can not be analyzed - only hypothesized - is how any of those quarterbacks would have blossomed sitting behind Aaron Rodgers for three years and playing in LaFleur's offense.

Herbert could be a great QB. We'll see if a new coach gets that out of him.

I think Hurts could be a whole notch better as well in a different system.

Burrow - he's damn good already!

Tua - I think that he's got the right coach and the Cheetah on his side, but has taken some hits.
Those are four very good QBs. TT might be the best but as you note, he's taken a lot of hits especially to the head.

Hurts is the only guy GB could have taken. I certainly like him for his strength and run skills. I don't think he throws as well as Love. While Hurts runs too soon, Love will be opportunistic and save running for a designed run (rare) or to avoid a coverage sack.

And that's fine with me. Running QBs, even guys as big as Allen and Hurts, just don't last.

I never thought we'd be talking about Love in the same forum as these guys. Glad to be wrong.

Staff online

Members online