Who should be the New DC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I hope you are agreeing with me and saying that hiring within.....would be using tunnel vision? I really don't consider hiring within a great option, simply because I have not noticed one position that I would call well coached.
Your post came across as that they are only considering with in.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I figured. This whole thing will be nothing more then a smoke show and back to bizz as usual. :eek:

If you honestly think they won't hire an outside guy as DC, you're nuts.

If you honestly think he wasn't going to interview at least one internal guy, you're nuts.

But, now we have it in writing. You're banking on them hiring a current defensive assistant as DC. Will be nice to tally up another L next to your name.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
If you honestly think they won't hire an outside guy as DC, you're nuts.

If you honestly think he wasn't going to interview at least one internal guy, you're nuts.

But, now we have it in writing. You're banking on them hiring a current defensive assistant as DC. Will be nice to tally up another L next to your name.

Wait Wait. Where is Ted Thompson?

I can't hear You? I must of interrupted another one of your Pac 12 films studies. Sorry. I'm busy "celebrating"

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After the secondary looked completely lost, repeatedly blew assignments and consistently just turned opposing receivers loose in every game this season how on earth Whitt wasn’t sent packing along with dom is puzzling to say the least. Evidently there is more to it than what meets the eye

hasamikun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My guess is we will be having a 4-3 DC soon. Trgovac and LB coach were fired. that are the two positions that change the most when the base formation is changed. I dont know the market well, but that should sort some guys out.
And pls dont get an internal DC. Get some fresh visions from the outside for the DC and his assistents.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I see that LSU just gave Dave Aranda 10 million over 4 years to stay in Baton Rouge so my hopes on him becoming the next DC just became rather slim

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Well I see that LSU just gave Dave Aranda 10 million over 4 years to stay in Baton Rouge so my hopes on him becoming the next DC just became rather slim
I believe that made Aranda the highest paid assistant coach in college. Texas A&M came after him and LSU didn't want to lose him. Guessing he is going to be at LSU until a HC job opens somewhere. From what I hear and how he was at Wisconsin, players love him and he has a brilliant mind.

Edit:

"Aranda's new average salary is more than about 85 FBS head coaches and is $800,000 more than the next-highest paid assistant made in 2017, according to figures from USA Today."

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry but it's gonna be tough to hire an outside guy of high caliber with McCarthy in limbo. Whatever his contract situation is, the new GM could fire him after next season.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry but it's gonna be tough to hire an outside guy of high caliber with McCarthy in limbo. Whatever his contract situation is, the new GM could fire him after next season.
The new GM could fire him before February this year.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe that made Aranda the highest paid assistant coach in college. Texas A&M came after him and LSU didn't want to lose him. Guessing he is going to be at LSU until a HC job opens somewhere. From what I hear and how he was at Wisconsin, players love him and he has a brilliant mind.

Edit:

"Aranda's new average salary is more than about 85 FBS head coaches and is $800,000 more than the next-highest paid assistant made in 2017, according to figures from USA Today."

Gotta love the priorities of some schools.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Gotta love the priorities of some schools.

Yup, they make money off of athletics, not students. I read an article about UW Madison. They have basically tried to lock enrollment in at a fixed number the last 10 years, saying that no money is made on tuition and the hiring of Professors to teach them. The money is made on Football, Basketball, grants, donors and scientific research.

So for some colleges education is kind of a front, when in reality, Sports has moved to the top of the pecking order.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
God Save Chicago and any other team that hires Capers as HC

That is the true measure of how great a coordinator is. Do they get any HC offers? I keep hearing Capers is a genius, but he never received any HC offers during his time with the Packers. That tells you all you need to know about him.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
That is the true measure of how great a coordinator is. Do they get any HC offers? I keep hearing Capers is a genius, but he never received any HC offers during his time with the Packers. That tells you all you need to know about him.
He had 2 swings at being a head coach and took a 2nd year expansion team to the NFCCG. His track record there would be more telling than his potential from being a coordinator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts