Who should be the New DC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Djepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With all being said about a new DC , I haven’t heard much from anybody about who should fill the job. What’s your favorite choice?

Reaction score
The Vikings wouldn't allow Edwards to interview for the defensive coordinator position in Green Bay.
Actually, this wouldn’t be the first time an interdivision rival interviews for a coaching position and it also won’t be the last. We have no idea what his relationship is internally, at least I don’t have that kind of information one way or another. We have to aim our sights high there’s never a never.
I agree only that it’s more likely Edwards would get a HC offer after what he’s accomplished though.

D

Deleted member 6794

Actually, this wouldn’t be the first time an interdivision rival interviews for a coaching position and it also won’t be the last. We have no idea what his relationship is internally, at least I don’t have that kind of information one way or another. We have to aim our sights high there’s never a never.
I agree only that it’s more likely Edwards would get a HC offer after what he’s accomplished though.

League rules allow a team to deny an interview request from another club for the same position. I guess the Vikings are extremely satisfied with the work Edwards has done over the past four years and don't have any intention of replacing him.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Romeo Crennel is a free agent coordinator, he's at the top of my list. Any thoughts on Winston Moss? Mike Pettine, Gus Bradley, Vic Fangio, and Edwards as mentioned are all free agents this offseason. They all have had solid moments as coordinators. Wade Phillips was available last year smfh.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
As long as name of the Packers DC next season doesn't start with Dom and end in Capers, I will be happy. :coffee:

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vic Fangio makes the most sense. I would imagine we'll continue with a base 3-4 defense.

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn’t mind Gus Bradley. May not have been successful as a HC,but did a great job as DC in Seattle IMO.

D

Deleted member 6794

I wouldn’t mind Gus Bradley. May not have been successful as a HC,but did a great job as DC in Seattle IMO.

Here's how defenses either coordinated by Bradley or him being the head coach have finished in points allowed:

DC with Seattle:

2009: 25th
2010: 25th
2011: 7th
2012: 1st

HC in Jacksonville:

2013: 28th
2014: 26th
2015: 31st
2016: 25th

It seems he's capable of getting the most out of elite talent but struggles once not being gifted with such players. Therefore he doesn't seem to be a fit with the Packers.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Romeo Crennel, Rex Ryan or Todd Bowles if he's dismissed from the Jets. But as stated before. It cannot be from within. It would be the same **** show

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kevin Greene, Lovie Smith, Rex Ryan, Dave Aranda, Vic Fangio. I'd be ecstatic with any of them.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Romeo Crennel is a free agent coordinator, he's at the top of my list. Any thoughts on Winston Moss? Mike Pettine, Gus Bradley, Vic Fangio, and Edwards as mentioned are all free agents this offseason. They all have had solid moments as coordinators. Wade Phillips was available last year smfh.

Of those on that list, I like Fangio.

I'd love to have either Wade Phillips or Rod Marinelli, but they likely aren't going to be available. Wouldn't be surprised to see Green Bay go with the "promote from within" philosophy......

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jim Leonard.

No, but only because I love what he is doing with the Badgers. Otherwise I would be fine. Just don't want to lose him yet.

I disagreed, not because I think it is not a good choice, but for my love of the Badgers.

VegasPacker

Cheeseman of the Board
Reaction score
Vic Fangio or Marvin Lewis....however I have a feeling Marv Lewis will get scooped up as a retread HC hire by some desperate team this offseason.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Someone younger, that understands today’s players and game. No one over the age of 45 as far as I am concerned

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dom Capers

Not that I want to keep the guy but let's be real.
He isn't going anywhere.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm disappointed, shouldn't all these great comments be rolled into the Fire Capres thead? I mean how are we going to reach 9 million pages by 2025 if we don't stay on task?

Status
Not open for further replies.