Who do you want to face in playoffs?

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do we really want a top 2 seeding though.

That shouldn't even be a question.

The chances of the Packers making the Super Bowl with a minimum of 1 at home are way better than probably 1 on the road vs 1 at home and 2 on the road which might be games vs Minn, at NO and SF.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If hawks win...we get #1 place, but we face the winner of #4 (49ers) and #5 (Eagles probably).
If 49ers win...we get #2 place, but we face the winner of #3 (Hawks) and #6 (Vikings).

Playoffs reseed. With #2 seed, no chance of playing the Vikings until the NFCCC game.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hell no. The bird teams have been our kryptonite in recent years.

You don't want to face the Eagles? I'm not going to take any team lightly but the Eagles are literally the best possible case scenario for us in the divisional round. You'd rather face the Saints or 49ers?

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You don't want to face the Eagles? I'm not going to take any team lightly but the Eagles are literally the best possible case scenario for us in the divisional round. You'd rather face the Saints or 49ers?

Of the teams expected in playoff's I 'd hate to play 49ers and Eagles in that order. Happy to face others over them. Obviously Eagles are not as strong as others, but they seem to have our number.

Reaction score
I’m true that Each season presents varying difficulty.

The Rams beat up on the Seahawks a few weeks ago.
In that contest, I personally watched the Hawks Offense score just 2 FG in 4 Quarters and Russell was completely out of sorts due to the effective pass rush
(Donald, CM3 etc..) It’s my belief that GB would pose a similar type scenario for him. Also, Their D is pretty decent though but not more feared than MN.

The Rams the following week got stomped by Dallas whom we are and simply better than.

Then the very next week I watched the Rams go toe to toe with the 49ers and had them beat until the final 2 drives. They tied it and then the 49ers win with a FG at :03 sec left
We know we had matchup issues with 49ers but playing them a second time and at Lambeau would be another story.

I’m pretty sure the Saints aren’t the same team at 15 degrees Fahrenheit at Lambeau with a 5 degree chill (etc..) That’s completely the reverse of what they are accustomed to and it definitely throws a kink in their battle armor. New Orleans at NO is another story altogether.

At Lambeau I have our toughest opponent as 49ers, but a much closer margin at our house. If we have the good fortune of a Packers over Lions victory and Seattle Win against 49ers? I believe we have a much better opportunity to surprise some folks no matter who in the NFC thinks they’re are who. I want to finish our “ugly” season by them saying “they’re not who we thought they were.!”

The only team that is legit concerning? Baltimore

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

The Cowboys might be an even lore desirable opponent in the divisional round.

Obviously Eagles are not as strong as others, but they seem to have our number.

The Eagles have won two of the last seven games vs. the Packers with Rodgers not playing in one of them.

The Rams beat up on the Seahawks a few weeks ago.
In that contest, I personally watched the Hawks Offense score just 2 FG in 4 Quarters and Russell was completely out of sorts due to the effective pass rush
(Donald, CM3 etc..) It’s my belief that GB would pose a similar type scenario for him. Also, Their D is pretty decent though but not more feared than MN.

The Seahawks defense is 21st in points allowed, making them the worst among all teams which will qualify for the playoffs.

isocleas2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Toughest opponents
1.) 49'ers
2.) Eagles (they matchup well)
3.) Saints
4.) Vikings (when RBs are healthy)
5.) Seahawks (ditto, but they're on IR)
6.) Cowboys (they suck)

The Packers need the #1 seed you all saw the 49'ers game. If they have to win on the road against the Saints/49'ers its not happening. Bring em to the frozen tundra and maybe.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So much the more. We beat them twice with Vick, Reid, and co. in their place in 2010. I'd love to get a shot at Doug.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That shouldn't even be a question.

The chances of the Packers making the Super Bowl with a minimum of 1 at home are way better than probably 1 on the road vs 1 at home and 2 on the road which might be games vs Minn, at NO and SF.
Of those in the NFC postseason I think they all can win on the road although it will be quite difficult. Even the Eagles have the playoff experience with Doug Pederson. They eliminated the Bears last year although with some Divine assistance.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers need the #1 seed you all saw the 49'ers game. If they have to win on the road against the Saints/49'ers its not happening. Bring em to the frozen tundra and maybe.

The Packers just proved that they're capable of winning on the road against a pretty good opponent as well. While it would be easier to beat those teams at Lambeau they stand a chance to win away from home as well.

isocleas2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course they stand a chance, just not a very good one. The banged up Vikings dont compare to the 49ers imo either.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I
The Packers just proved that they're capable of winning on the road against a pretty good opponent as well. While it would be easier to beat those teams at Lambeau they stand a chance to win away from home as well.
I agree. I think winning the SB through 3 road games made us confident about that. But there are places and times in which the setting just does not work. Ask when was the last time we won in New Orleans or Seattle. We have had success in Dallas in recent years. And we had success in Frisco but that was back in the day. I still think of the 2 times we lost at home to the Giants in the post season. Those were inexcusable. We also lost to Atlanta and SF at home in the post season. But in those 2 games we were so injured that we just could not compete.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Ask when was the last time we won in New Orleans
or Seattle.
2008 Every game since then has been won by the home team.
We have had success in Dallas in recent years.
Haven't lost in Dallas since 2007. Rodgers played on a broken ankle(?) after Favre was KO'd. 4 wins plus a SB.
And we had success in Frisco but that was back in the day.
Packers are 1-1 at Levi's Stadium.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
19952008 Every game since then has been won by the home team.Haven't lost in Dallas since 2007. Rodgers played on a broken ankle(?) after Favre was KO'd. 4 wins plus a SB. Packers are 1-1 at Levi's Stadium.
We had our success in Frisco before Harbaugh. Even won a game against Montana there in 1989. And ironically that was the last year we won in Dallas until Matt Flynn beat them there in 2013. Seattle was a winnable place until Carroll and Russell Wilson came along. That last win in New Orleans was the week God healed Reggie's injury. And I recall we had just signed Keith Jackson.

D

Deleted member 6794

Of course they stand a chance, just not a very good one. The banged up Vikings dont compare to the 49ers imo either.

The Niners have struggled over the past few weeks. In addition I don't expect the Packers would put up another atrocious performance if they had to play in San Francisco again.

We had our success in Frisco before Harbaugh. Even won a game against Montana there in 1989. And ironically that was the last year we won in Dallas until Matt Flynn beat them there in 2013.

The Packers won the Super Bowl in Dallas in 2010 as well.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Niners have struggled over the past few weeks. In addition I don't expect the Packers would put up another atrocious performance if they had to play in San Francisco again.

The Packers won the Super Bowl in Dallas in 2010 as well.
We won IN Dallas in 2010 but that the opponent was Pittsburgh. No home field advantage for either team.

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So we'd end up facing Saints likely. At Lambeau, I think we have a good chance of progressing.

They're battling injuries but then we sucked after bye week took.

Even toss up.

Reaction score
So we'd end up facing Saints likely. At Lambeau, I think we have a good chance of progressing.

They're battling injuries but then we sucked after bye week took.

Even toss up.
Whats interesting is Seattle matches up very well with 49ers. If Seattle goes to SF they still have a good shot at an upset, which could put Seattle coming to Lambeau if GB wins the Divisional. That’s are most ideal path to a SB.

Had we traveled to NO, we had a 30% Win chance
Saints At Lambeau we have about 45% Win chance
Vikings at Lambeau we have a 60% Win chance

These are just hypothesis based on what I’m seeing.

Make no mistake, GB has to elevate their Offensive attack. We’re playing like it’s week 2 on Offense. Sloppy and inconsistent. These next teams are not going to lay down. We can’t go scoreless for 2 quarters etc.. It’s time to pull out all the tricks.

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Why do all the playoff brackets show it then?
https://heavy.com/sports/2019/12/nfl-playoffs-bracket-2019-nfc-afc-seeds/
Because Vikings are lowest seed which 49ers get? Brackets are a bit misleading then.
Brackets are drawn based on tops seeds progressing. NFL reseeds after round 1. From your quote:
Based on the reseeding, if the Patriots defeat the Titans, they’ll face the Chiefs in a rematch of last year’s AFC Championship Game. But if Tennessee defeats New England, the Titans would head to Baltimore, as the Ravens draw the lowest remaining seed next round.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Of those in the NFC postseason I think they all can win on the road although it will be quite difficult. Even the Eagles have the playoff experience with Doug Pederson. They eliminated the Bears last year although with some Divine assistance.
You do realize that the Eagle won a Super Bowl with Doug Pederson?