Who do you want to face in playoffs?

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do all the playoff brackets show it then?
https://heavy.com/sports/2019/12/nfl-playoffs-bracket-2019-nfc-afc-seeds/
Because Vikings are lowest seed which 49ers get? Brackets are a bit misleading then.

Not sure who drew those up, but no the lowest seed coming out of the wildcard always plays the number 1 seed.

Personally, I'd be almost certain we're going to get the Saints on the 12th. They haven't forgotten what happened a couple years ago with the fluky Vikings win, and I think they're going to be out to pound them in this one.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In order of preference: Eagles, Seahawks, Saints.
I agree with that, but Carson Wentz has been on the upswing lately, and they already own a win over us at Lambeau this year.

If I understand correctly, there is no chance of us playing the Seahawks in the second round. The Saints are probably better than us (they lost Brees for five games and didn't even blink), but how will they play in Green Bay? I'm comfortable with playing them. We may lose, but I'm cool playing them. It's the playoffs now, it's big boy time, you have to play good teams.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
If I understand correctly, there is no chance of us playing the Seahawks in the second round.
Both wild card teams win, we get the Seahawks. Vikings go to SF if they win. Locked in ironclad guarantee. Just the way things work. It is inevitable. Whatever staid jargon you want to use.
Vikings don't get to GB except after going through NO and SF.
OTOH we get New Orleans. They don't get to SF except through us.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with that, but Carson Wentz has been on the upswing lately, and they already own a win over us at Lambeau this year.

If I understand correctly, there is no chance of us playing the Seahawks in the second round. The Saints are probably better than us (they lost Brees for five games and didn't even blink), but how will they play in Green Bay? I'm comfortable with playing them. We may lose, but I'm cool playing them. It's the playoffs now, it's big boy time, you have to play good teams.

Actually, there is, but it would be contingent on the Vikings winning in NO, and Seattle winning in Philly. Personally though, I kinda hope we get the Saints and the Seahawks head to SF. If there's one way to keep the NFCCG in Lambeau Field, it'd be by having Seattle take out SF on their home turf.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If The Vikings beat NO, then we play the winner of Philly/Sea, as a result of Minnesota being the 6th seed. Assuming Seattle wins, we'd be facing them in Lambeau.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
In order of preference: Eagles, Seahawks, Saints.
Agreed. I think the Packers would do a number on the Eagles second time around. The Seahawks don't strike much fear in me, either. They are very exploitable.

The Saints would make me a little nervous. But I like our chances against anyone on the frozen Tundra.

We really need someone to take down the 49ers in the divisional round.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

I take it as a positive that Philly beat us. It's hard to beat a team twice. I would be pretty confident in that draw.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I take it as a positive that Philly beat us. It's hard to beat a team twice. I would be pretty confident in that draw.
Personally I see that win as a fluke, if we by chance play The Eagles again, I say we beat them decisively.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why start with them?
Of the 3 teams we could play who would we want. New Orleans is an indoor team but we know the talent they have. Seattle rarely gets frigid weather and are banged up. The Eagles beat us this year and exposed a lot.. But we had that game for the taking.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of the 3 teams we could play who would we want. New Orleans is an indoor team but we know the talent they have. Seattle rarely gets frigid weather and are banged up. The Eagles beat us this year and exposed a lot.. But we had that game for the taking.
No, I meant we haven't beaten anyone decisively all year, why start now? That's a bit of an exaggeration, but not by much.

Reaction score
Not sure who drew those up, but no the lowest seed coming out of the wildcard always plays the number 1 seed.

Personally, I'd be almost certain we're going to get the Saints on the 12th. They haven't forgotten what happened a couple years ago with the fluky Vikings win, and I think they're going to be out to pound them in this one.
Yeah. You can’t bet against the Saints at home against a Vikings team who lost twice to finish the season. But the only thing I’ll say is, it depends which Cousins shows up and they should have Cook back by then. He’s very underestimated by many fans. If Cousins is throwing decent and Cook starts wearing down their D? The Vikings could go toe to toe much like Seattle did with 49ers after being down 17-3 and getting throttled, then Seattle missing the Win by 2”.. literally!
I agree I wouldn’t wager on MN but they gave the propensity to play up and down and if their Defense plays up? This game won’t be the blowout and could come down to a last possession type finish.
MN matched up good with Seattle, KC and the Eagles. 3 pretty good playoff teams.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brackets are drawn based on tops seeds progressing. NFL reseeds after round 1. From your quote:

I mean this is the nicest possible way (even though it may not come off that way)...... For a supposedly knowledgeable board I've seen waaaayyyy to many posts from people that didnt/dont know that reseeding is a thing in the playoffs

Freemason54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What’s up guys? Saints fan here...I come in peace! Hoping we can pound Minnesota and make the trip to play you guys at Lambeau Field.
It’s a dream trip I’ve always wanted to make, and if we have to go there, I’m going to make the trip with my dad. It’s definitely a tough place to play and an even harder place to win at. We have to play a perfect game in my opinion. We have a great team, but are too inconsistent on defense (and offense at times).
As far as Green Bay goes, what are some things I should do while I’m there for a few days? Places to eat, things to see, etc...one thing is for sure...win or lose, I’m going home with a cheese head from Lambeau. Always have been a fan of your team...Hope we can see each other next week! should be a good time.

D

Deleted member 6794

Wentz has played against the Seahawks (22nd scoring defense), Miami (32nd), Giants (30th) twice and the Redskins (27th) over the past six weeks. I guess that had something to do with him looking better.

The current Eagles team reminds me of the 2010 Packers somewhat. Not a spectacular W-L record, lots of injuries to overcome, but also getting hot at just the right time in spite of it all.

The 2010 Packers never trailed by more than seven points at any point during that season. This year's Eagles aren't anywhere near as good.

As far as Green Bay goes, what are some things I should do while I’m there for a few days? Places to eat, things to see, etc...one thing is for sure...win or lose, I’m going home with a cheese head from Lambeau. Always have been a fan of your team...Hope we can see each other next week! should be a good time.

Here's a link to a thread containing a ton of information:

https://www.packerforum.com/threads/come-here-for-help-questions-and-answers-on-green-bay.22613/

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We really need someone to take down the 49ers in the divisional round.

Saints can't play 49ers without going through us, that just leaves the Hawks. It came down to last drive despite Wilson going AWOL in 1st half, so I'll be rooting for them again.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah. You can’t bet against the Saints at home against a Vikings team who lost twice to finish the season. But the only thing I’ll say is, it depends which Cousins shows up and they should have Cook back by then. He’s very underestimated by many fans. If Cousins is throwing decent and Cook starts wearing down their D? The Vikings could go toe to toe much like Seattle did with 49ers after being down 17-3 and getting throttled, then Seattle missing the Win by 2”.. literally!
I agree I wouldn’t wager on MN but they gave the propensity to play up and down and if their Defense plays up? This game won’t be the blowout and could come down to a last possession type finish.
MN matched up good with Seattle, KC and the Eagles. 3 pretty good playoff teams.

Even with Cook back, I'm still thinking Cam Jordan gets to Cousins

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
  1. Yeah. You can’t bet against the Saints at home against a Vikings team who lost twice to finish the season. But the only thing I’ll say is, it depends which Cousins shows up and they should have Cook back by then. He’s very underestimated by many fans. If Cousins is throwing decent and Cook starts wearing down their D? The Vikings could go toe to toe much like Seattle did with 49ers after being down 17-3 and getting throttled, then Seattle missing the Win by 2”.. literally!

About that. Yeah, they lost to Chicago. Did you see who the Vikings players were? Most of the starters didn't even suit up.

Latest posts