Who do you want to face in playoffs?

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Likely we'll get there, bye or not. So who do you think we can likely beat and progress?

49ers
Saints
Seahawks
Vikings
Cowboys / Eagles.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, we're making the playoffs.

I can't say I'd be thrilled to play any of those teams. The Eagles are probably the weakest team, but they've already beaten us, maybe we don't match up well with them. Dallas would be the next weakest team, but it would be my worst nightmare to lose to Dallas in the playoffs after they haven't beaten a decent team all year.

On a side note, it looks like the Bears are having a late season resurgence, which is bad since we're due to play them soon.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
In the first round I would rather face the Eagles again, only because I don’t think they can be us twice at home, I think we’ll face the Saints in the
Second round because I believe they will be the number 2 seed, if we pull off a victory their in the Easy,I like our chances for a Super Bowl appearance...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

On a side note, it looks like the Bears are having a late season resurgence, which is bad since we're due to play them soon.

The Bears have had an easy schedule lately, don't think they will win at Lambeau though.

In the first round I would rather face the Eagles again, only because I don’t think they can be us twice at home, I think we’ll face the Saints in the
Second round because I believe they will be the number 2 seed, if we pull off a victory their in the Easy,I like our chances for a Super Bowl appearance...

The Packers can't face the Eagles at home in the first round of the playoffs.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As long as they get at least one home game, I don’t care, I just want to go and watch

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Yup, next Sunday at Lambeau. Bears also will be coming off a "mini bye week", having last played on Thanksgiving.

I think these next 2 home games are "must wins". Not from the standpoint of getting into the playoffs, but from the standpoint of the Packer players proving to themselves that they have what it takes to win, especially at home.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Yup, next Sunday at Lambeau. Bears also will be coming off a "mini bye week", having last played on Thanksgiving.

I think these next 2 home games are "must wins". Not from the standpoint of getting into the playoffs, but from the standpoint of the Packer players proving to themselves that they have what it takes to win, especially at home.
So you gave them a bye for when they played Dull-***? Then again it was only Dull-***.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
So you gave them a bye for when they played Dull-***? Then again it was only Dull-***.

No. When a team plays on Thursday and not again until the second Sunday after, that is considered a "mini bye week". Instead of the normal week (Sunday to Sunday) to prepare for the Packers, the Bears could start preparing right after their game on Thursday.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
But they played a game after Thanksgiving and I was replying to

LOL...oh hell, you are right! I knew they played Thursday night and in my "not enough caffeine yet" state, had a brain fart.

Glad I didn't munch on the left over Thanksgiving Turkey this morning, thinking it was only 2 days old. :)

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doesn’t matter to me. You either can beat anyone... or you don’t deserve to be the champion. Simple as that

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Doesn’t matter to me. You either can beat anyone... or you don’t deserve to be the champion. Simple as that

Agreed and I think that is why the next games for the Packers are "critical", if they have any aspirations of being a Championship Team this season. The Vikings are the only team left on the regular season schedule that the Packers "should" have to play their best or close to, to win. Drop one of the 2 homes games (Washington/Bears) or even the road game against the Lions and it would appear to me that this team just hasn't fully gotten there yet.

Time for the Packers to crank it up, if they want to be playing in Miami.

Reaction score
I agree with that. The only difference between a good team and a Champion is overcoming adversity. For instance if GB were to have to go through Levi’s Stadium again, but they go in with an chip on their shoulder and pull out a win. That’s a true Champion.
When Suddenly the chatter that made them soft in LA turns into negative chatter inspires them to redeem themselves for that nothing short of embarrassing loss to San Fran.
I’m still of the mindset that you can achieve anything as a group with the right attitude and motivation. When Bretts dad died, that Packer team left it all on the field and it wasn’t a coincidence they absolutely couldn’t be stopped. Nobody wanted to be the one to let Brett down, including himself.

I’m not arguing we don’t have some horrific weaknesses this season, but this team still has enough talent that the only one between themselves and another Lombardi is looking at each of themselves in the mirror. That goes for coaches too. Faith of a mustard seed.
Eye of the Tiger.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well. If we’re close enough? I’d like it to be the oppositions’ cheerleaders. I’d choose our mascot as a second choice but we don’t have one. Then again
I sometimes take these types of questions too literally.

Last edited:

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we have to play the Eagles, we better beat them. Otherwise it will call into question MLF and Pettine's ability to make adjustments against a not so quality team.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

True, but playing at home can make it a little easier. This is what made the 2010 team all the more remarkable. It is as rare as hen's teeth for a WC team to win it all.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True, but playing at home can make it a little easier. This is what made the 2010 team all the more remarkable. It is as rare as hen's teeth for a WC team to win it all.

That was a true team of destiny. I think the injuries finally caught up to us in the SuperBowl. Had they played another quarter I don't think we'd have had the w.

WillyP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cowboys or Eagles will be the best chance at a first round win.... then vikings... aside from that its a one and done

Last edited:

Members online