Who do you want to face in playoffs?

D

Deleted member 6794

Agreed and I think that is why the next games for the Packers are "critical", if they have any aspirations of being a Championship Team this season. The Vikings are the only team left on the regular season schedule that the Packers "should" have to play their best or close to, to win.

In my opinion the game at Minnesota provides the only chance for the Packers to establish themselves as a championship caliber team. I don't expect that to happen though.

If we have to play the Eagles, we better beat them. Otherwise it will call into question MLF and Pettine's ability to make adjustments against a not so quality team.

I would love to play the Eagles in the playoffs as that would mean the Packers host them in the NFCCG.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Whoever it is, unless these players improve we are screwed.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my opinion the game at Minnesota provides the only chance for the Packers to establish themselves as a championship caliber team. I don't expect that to happen though.

I would love to play the Eagles in the playoffs as that would mean the Packers host them in the NFCCG.
Truthfully, I would be hesitant to believe we beat SF Seattle NO or even the Vikings at home in the postseason. Going down and playing Dallas would give me more confidence. LaFleur is inexperienced in the postseason. But stranger things have happened.

D

Deleted member 6794

Truthfully, I would be hesitant to believe we beat SF Seattle NO or even the Vikings at home in the postseason. Going down and playing Dallas would give me more confidence. LaFleur is inexperienced in the postseason. But stranger things have happened.

The Packers would have to finish second in the division to have to face Dallas on the road. That's definitely not desirable.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Nah. Packers are #2 seed and the Eagles as #4 seed beat #5 seed and the #6 seed takes out New Orleans in round 1. Or as #1 seed the home teams win wild card weekend.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, if we don't win the division but can draw a 5 seed, I'd take that as we'd end up facing one of those crappy East teams.

We face the Cowboys, that's about as favorable a first playoff game as we could get. The Eagles? Well maybe not as favorable, but whether we faced em here or in Philly, I'd love beating them.

If we do win the division and manage to sneak into that 2 seed, we'd probably end up drawing the Saints as our first opponent. That's not bad either when they have to play on the road in January. Plus if that happens, the 49ers would get forced to play the Seahawks and might lose to them at home.

That scenario plays out, we get a 2014 NFCCG rematch but at Lambeau. If we have to go to Seattle, that's bad, but if we get them here, I like our chances.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Am I wrong to assume that if Both the Packers and Seahawks win their divisions and finish with the exact same records, the Seahawks would be seated higher (home field) due to their wins over common opponents (Eagles and potentially 49ers twice).?

At this point I would be happy with a #2 Seed, thus getting a bye. Ideal scenario:
  1. 49'ers
  2. Packers
  3. Saints
  4. Cowboys
  5. Seahawks
  6. Vikings
Pack play the the Saints in the 2nd round at Lambeau and the Seahawks knock the 49'ers out and come to Green Bay for the NFCCG.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As the #2 seed, I would love it if New Orleans came to us.

As the #5 seed I prefer the Eagles because their WR Corps is decimated. We'd be facing Nelson Agholor and a bunch of street free agents. Let's hope the Seahawks are the #1 seed though because I don't want to see the 49ers on the road again.

D

Deleted member 6794

Nah. Packers are #2 seed and the Eagles as #4 seed beat #5 seed and the #6 seed takes out New Orleans in round 1. Or as #1 seed the home teams win wild card weekend.

My bad, you're right about that.

Am I wrong to assume that if Both the Packers and Seahawks win their divisions and finish with the exact same records, the Seahawks would be seated higher (home field) due to their wins over common opponents (Eagles and potentially 49ers twice).?

True, the Seahawks would win a tie breaker over the Packers based on a higher win percentage in common games.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

As the #2 seed, I would love it if New Orleans came to us.

As the #5 seed I prefer the Eagles because their WR Corps is decimated. We'd be facing Nelson Agholor and a bunch of street free agents. Let's hope the Seahawks are the #1 seed though because I don't want to see the 49ers on the road again.

If we get there, we`ve got to beat whoever stands in front of us.

D

Deleted member 6794

Rodgers pretty much owns the Cowboys. I'll take it.

It makes more sense to aim for a first round bye and a home game in the divisional round as the Packers would most likely have to face a tougher opponent at that point anyway.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Winning the last 3 games of the regular season could be the difference between a trip to Miami and an early exit from the Playoffs. If the Packers win out, they assure themselves of a bye and at least 1 if not 2 games at Lambeau. I like our chances much better at home against teams like Seattle, New Orleans and San Fran.

Getting by and staying ahead of both the 49'ers and Seattle for the #1 Seed, probably won't happen, but you can always hope that the #1 seed goes one and done.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Winning the last 3 games of the regular season could be the difference between a trip to Miami and an early exit from the Playoffs. If the Packers win out, they assure themselves of a bye and at least 1 if not 2 games at Lambeau. I like our chances much better at home against teams like Seattle, New Orleans and San Fran.

I don't think the Packers are good enough to win consecutive games against two out of the three you mentioned even while playing at Lambeau. I'd love to be proven wrong about it though.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don't think the Packers are good enough to win consecutive games against two out of the three you mentioned even while playing at Lambeau. I'd love to be proven wrong about it though.

I tend to agree, but as I said, I like our chances much better in that scenario VS going on the road for both the Divisional and the NFCCG. Hell, lose 2 of the next 3 and we probably end up with the #6 seed and any game we play in the playoffs will be on the road.

As MLF said the other day in his presser....."win one at a time and don't look too far ahead."

D

Deleted member 6794

I tend to agree, but as I said, I like our chances much better in that scenario VS going on the road for both the Divisional and the NFCCG. Hell, lose 2 of the next 3 and we probably end up with the #6 seed and any game we play in the playoffs will be on the road.

I agree the Packers have a better chance of winning at home but don't consider them to be realistic.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree the Packers have a better chance of winning at home but don't consider them to be realistic.
I would not think so. But we have won in Dallas 4 times in a row and the last 2 times we faced them in the post season. Minnesota could go down there as a WC and have it easier if we have to play Seattle or Frisco at home.

D

Deleted member 6794

I would not think so. But we have won in Dallas 4 times in a row and the last 2 times we faced them in the post season. Minnesota could go down there as a WC and have it easier if we have to play Seattle or Frisco at home.

If the Packers don't win the division the most realistic scenario is that they will be the #6 seed and have to face the Saints on the road in the wild card round though.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If the Packers don't win the division the most realistic scenario is that they will be the #6 seed and have to face the Saints on the road in the wild card round though.

If we are the #6 Seed, I see it more likely that we head back to Minneapolis to face the Vikings in the first round.
  • West winner and Saints get first round bye.
  • Vikings finish #3, Cowboys #4.
  • West #2 team is the #5 team
  • Packers #6
3 plays 6
4 plays 5

Reaction score

Getting by and staying ahead of both the 49'ers and Seattle for the #1 Seed, probably won't happen, but you can always hope that the #1 seed goes one and done.
Something tells me GB playing in front of the home crowd will make things much more interesting this January. Unless something changes drastically in the next month, it’s imperative to have a game or two at Lambeau to make a deep run