What WRs are back in 2022?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sometimes it benefits the employer to not be singularly focused on the bottom line to the point they are out of touch with those who matter most the employees

So, the Packers are at fault for exercising a clause in a contract to clear cap room? And they weren't supposed to do that because it might have upset the player? Seems if the player didn't want that, that is on them and the agent (and guess what.. the agent was fired).

Adams wants to be the highest paid WR. That will probably be $28M a year and what.. $60-70M guaranteed. They pay him to be the top WR, I'd say he stays (so, that hasn't nothing to do with the FO other than they don't want to pay him).

The rest of the drama is just Aaron Rodgers.

I think all 3 of these things are separate issues.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That 49er offer has never been confirmed. When they called GB they were told we are not trading him so no offer was even made. The Bears offer was also unconfirmed plus it was for Russell Wilson from Seattle.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, the Packers are at fault for exercising a clause in a contract to clear cap room? And they weren't supposed to do that because it might have upset the player? Seems if the player didn't want that, that is on them and the agent (and guess what.. the agent was fired).

Adams wants to be the highest paid WR. That will probably be $28M a year and what.. $60-70M guaranteed. They pay him to be the top WR, I'd say he stays (so, that hasn't nothing to do with the FO other than they don't want to pay him).

The rest of the drama is just Aaron Rodgers.

I think all 3 of these things are separate issues.

Corporate culture is the issue the Packers went til 2007 with a family culture and that's what made GB different...the Packers could of just paid out the money they converted to signing bonus in March. Z. Smith would have no issue then. It's cuz they chose to pay it out weekly, thus technically not a signing bonus. And another disgruntled elite player. That makes 3 and I think the Packers could have gotten adams back for less than 28 m a year tho now who knows...

if the cardinals cut Hopkins after this season they will have paid him 60 million over 3 seasons...that 27 m per year thing is misleading because yes he signed a 2 year 54 million extension but he had 3 seasons remaining in his current deal or something so if you avg it out over those 5 years not 2 Hopkins gets around 19 m per year over those 5 years. 5 year 95 million is what his contract truly amounts to
That 49er offer has never been confirmed. When they called GB they were told we are not trading him so no offer was even made. The Bears offer was also unconfirmed plus it was for Russell Wilson from Seattle.

Yes I know that's the story out in the media but that's not what I heard...

And I may have mistaken the Wilson offer but I thought it was rumored the bears were willing to offer that fir Rodgers as well. Because the Wilson thing was over by the time the Rodgers thing came up

Also was rumored broncos and Raiders were willing to give up 3 firsts plus at least 1 starter maybe 2...

I'm just saying the Packers can absolutely get 3 firsts for Rodgers as a starting point if they wait til the 2022 league year to make the move. They'll be more teams interested than there would be right now...one of them will bite on the 3 firsts I'm certain...as this chance arises basically never

Last edited:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree. 1st of all how many teams have 3 first rounders in the next 2 drafts? I would not want anything that is 3 drafts away. Get 2022 1st and 2nd rounder. 2023 1st rounder plus a player. The caliber of player depends on where the picks fall. Give up Rodgers plus a 2022 4th rounder. GB should have a 4th round compensatory for Linsley. I mean I hope you are correct but I just do not see it.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ifs and buts and I heards are worth nothing.
I heard not a single team offered any package with more than one first.

Reaction score
I would say that it means 1 of 2 things....both plan on making this their last season together or they just finished their last season together. It also continues Rodgers "Gute is Jerry Krause" reference, as well as adding more passive aggressive BS to the growing pile. Anyone who thought Adams will do what is best for Adams and what Rodgers does won't influence that, just got a bigger hint to what some of us have been saying for months.
Poker this isn’t directed at you, I know where we both stand. But for the record this Michael Jordan “tweet” comparison offered in the media is just absolutely ridiculous. Aaron Rodgers isn’t anywhere on the same level as MJ. Not on the field OR off the field.
These are futile and vindictive attempts at getting even and they only show me how childlike these guys are. One day they’ll quit acting like adolescents. These are grown men? Seriously?

Here’s a quick fact.
Michael Jordan won
6 Championships with TWO separate
3-peats. Jordan scored 40+ THIRTY EIGHT times in playoff contests. He was also dominant at Offense AND Defense and won multiple NBA awards on both sides of the ball. He was arguably the most well rounded player to ever set foot on court. Jordan would consistently snd singularly take over games. Rodgers? Had some nice highlights, but he’s not a finisher, he’s had 1 great season.. and he needed the best Defense in the league to get there.

Before they self prophesy about their own greatness, they should try being Champions just ONE time together! Scottie snd Michael have 6 Championships together! Rodgers and Adams have ZERO!! together. It’s blasphemy to even try that comparison!

Michael Jordan has personally raised over 30mil for charity himself, not counting dozens of other ongoing projects and foundations to feed the hungry, improve the lifestyle of kids, advance education and his indirect impact in helping others is exponential. We don’t know that why? but he never throws himself public parties like Rodgers does! Michael doesn’t toot his own horn when he donates a petty 100K to local business like AR. MJ doesn’t need to “reveal” the $1mil he donated from his Jeopardy earnings Like Aaron’s camp does. Generous people get found out.. they don’t need to boast about it at every corner and blow their trumpets.

Michael Jordan Donated his entire NBA salary to the 911 families during the 2001-02 season. I never heard him “revealing” that in the public spotlight. I heard it listening to the family of some 911 victims at an anniversary event. Michael puts his $$ and time where his heart is and cares more about helping than looking good. MJ is pro family, pro kids and most importantly.. pro humble!!

That’s how real men roll!

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
That Michael Jordan comparison is just ridiculous. Aaron Rodgers isn’t anywhere on the same level as Michael. Not on the field OR off the field.
These are futile and vindictive attempts at getting even and they only show me how childlike these guys are. One day they’ll quit acting like adolescents. These are grown men? Seriously?

Here’s a quick fact.
Michael Jordan won
3-peats. Jordan scored 40+ THIRTY EIGHT times in playoff contests. He was also dominant at Offense AND Defense and won multiple NBA awards on both sides of the ball. He was arguably the most well rounded player to ever set foot on court. Jordan would take over games on a consistent basis.

The only similarity with him and MJ is that Aaron Rodgers is a MJ wannabe
Yup and Rodgers and Adams have ZERO Super Bowl wins or appearances together.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No comparison whatsoever. MJ in my opinion the best and clutchest to ever play the game. I agree arguments can be made for others. Rodgers may not even be the best to play his position on the team he currently is under contract with.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rodgers plays this year the bad thing is we will be giving up Adams for a 3rd compensatory at the chance of a SB this year. With Rodgers and Adams this team can for sure play for a SB - without Rodgers you gotta trade Adams and attempt to start and set ground work for post Rodgers era in GB which is also post Adams era

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rodgers plays this year the bad thing is we will be giving up Adams for a 3rd compensatory at the chance of a SB this year. With Rodgers and Adams this team can for sure play for a SB - without Rodgers you gotta trade Adams and attempt to start and set ground work for post Rodgers era in GB which is also post Adams era
He could still be traded while on the franchise tag. Do you lose the compensatory pick if you franchise someone?

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He could still be traded while on the franchise tag. Do you lose the compensatory pick if you franchise someone?
Zero clue but I don’t believe a sign and trade will occur personally

Reaction score
If we get firm confirmation on Aaron being gone, I’m in agreement with initiating plans on sending Davante packing and negotiate as much draft capital as possible. Id rather have two 10mil WR studs than one Davante. He’s good, but he’s just a man and he’s going to get a reality check if he doesn’t pair with an elite QB, just like Jennings did. These guys act like they’re the second coming.
If we went out and got a known quantity at FA WR under a 3X35mil and then drafted another top #40-#60 overall type receiver, were more than fine. We currently have a nice young stable at WR and should keep 2-3 current veterans such as MVS, Lazard etc.. to go with Amari and get a Receiver facelift.

One of Gutes’ strongest suits is a nose for college and FA talent and I’d shed some Rodgers’ loyalists first thing and give the Offense a good firm shakeup and make it abundantly clear who’s boss.
There’s a new Sheriff in town.. and the old hath faded.

Last edited:

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Poker this isn’t directed at you, I know where we both stand. But for the record this Michael Jordan “tweet” comparison offered in the media is just absolutely ridiculous. Aaron Rodgers isn’t anywhere on the same level as MJ. Not on the field OR off the field.

Here’s a quick fact.
Michael Jordan won
3-peats. Jordan scored 40+ THIRTY EIGHT times in playoff contests. He was also dominant at Offense AND Defense and won multiple NBA awards on both sides of the ball. He was arguably the most well rounded player to ever set foot on court. Jordan would consistently snd singularly take over games. Rodgers? Had some nice highlights, but he’s not a finisher, he’s had 1 great season.. and he needed the best Defense in the league to get there.

Before they self prophesy about their own greatness, they should try being Champions just ONE time together! Scottie snd Michael have 6 Championships together! Rodgers and Adams have ZERO!! together. It’s blasphemy to even try that comparison!

Michael Jordan has personally raised over 30mil for charity himself, not counting dozens of other ongoing projects and foundations to feed the hungry, improve the lifestyle of kids, advance education and his indirect impact in helping others is exponential. We don’t know that why? but he never throws himself public parties like Rodgers does! Michael doesn’t toot his own horn when he donates a petty 100K to local business like AR. MJ doesn’t need to “reveal” the $1mil he donated from his Jeopardy earnings Like Aaron’s camp does. Generous people get found out.. they don’t need to boast about it at every corner and blow their trumpets.

Michael Jordan Donated his entire NBA salary to the 911 families during the 2001-02 season. I never heard him “revealing” that in the public spotlight. I heard it listening to the family of some 911 victims at an anniversary event. Michael puts his $$ and time where his heart is and cares more about helping than looking good. MJ is pro family, pro kids and most importantly.. pro humble!!

That’s how real men roll!

Agree with you that Jordan is way greater than Rodgers could ever wish to be. But Jordan was an absolute **** to everyone, even his own children (during his HOF acceptance speech).

No comparison whatsoever. MJ in my opinion the best and clutchest to ever play the game. I agree arguments can be made for others. Rodgers may not even be the best to play his position on the team he currently is under contract with.

Rodgers might not even be the best athlete in Wisconsin now.

These guys act like they’re the second coming.

Adams will never live down his "nobody can stop us" comment last year before the NFC-C.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I disagree. 1st of all how many teams have 3 first rounders in the next 2 drafts? I would not want anything that is 3 drafts away. Get 2022 1st and 2nd rounder. 2023 1st rounder plus a player. The caliber of player depends on where the picks fall. Give up Rodgers plus a 2022 4th rounder. GB should have a 4th round compensatory for Linsley. I mean I hope you are correct but I just do not see it.
I agree. For each season you wait to draft, the draft value chart drops roughly 1 round. Meaning.. if you get three Day 1 selections in 2022.2023,2024?
That valued at a 2022 Day 1 and two Separate 2022 Day 2 selections. That’s pretty poor compensation for the league MVP QB. Khalil Mack drew more compensation than that. I think it’s because there’s a time value set to get the players into a system sooner than later. Makes sense when we look at how many players start peaking around their 3rd season. Not to mention we don’t have any idea of our draft order 3 drafts out.

I’d rather get a
2022 Day1
2022 Day 2
2022 Day 2
2023 Day 1
Plus a player trade whereas we net a more substantial veteran, possibly throwing them a day 3 selection in return.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't follow. If someone signs the tag, he's not leaving in free agency, so there's no comp pick to lose. If he doesn't sign the tag, he's not under contract, leaves in free agency, so there's no reason the comp pick would be lost. If he signs the tag and is traded, again, no comp pick was ever involved.

jetfixer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well since they are about to trade for Cobb, St. Brown, MVS, Lazard, and any other lower guys are feeling sick today, or at least preparing to play somewhere else.
Adams
Rodgers
Cobb
Lazard
MVS
Depending on the TE room, guys are sweating today.

I forgot about Funchess

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly say they trade for Cobb. Arguably this might be one of the most deep and diverse of skillsets at the position GB has ever had in recent memories. One of the biggest deep threats in MVS, possession type guys in Lazard and Funchess, slot weapons with one a savvy vet and a younger Homerun skilled rookie and a guy in Adams that is literally all around best in the league IMO.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IF they appease AR & trade for Cobb...
'21 WR room: Adams, MVS, Cobb, Lazard, Rodgers, & Winfrey or Gaither (PS the other).
'22 room: MVS, Lazard, Rodgers, Winfrey, Gaither, draft pick.
Adams tagged & traded, Cobb not worth $9mill & AR elsewhere.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Wonder if Rodgers requested that they traded Jordan Love for Cobb? :laugh:

His contract isnt cheap, I'm guessing a 6th, maybe a 5th.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it is a draft pick I am betting it is a Day 3 with maybe a conditional deal to make it a 4th at the highest depending on performance or games played by Cobb.

I am only a fan of it IF they can restructure his contract - the dude is simply NOT worth that much any longer at this point.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's probably not worth the pick they are going to have to give up either. Would be nice if the trade was just for whatever wide receiver is going to get cut. Say EQB straight up for Cobb.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It'll be nice to have Randall Cobb back on the team, having an actual slot receiver (aside from Adams moonlighting there occasionally) will add another dimension to the offense. He's obviously not what he was but in 2019, when he was healthy, he was a good slot receiver in Dallas. Packers don't need him to be a 1,000 yard receiver, he'll be a good trade if he has 700+ yards by the end of the season.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It'll be nice to have Randall Cobb back on the team, having an actual slot receiver (aside from Adams moonlighting there occasionally) will add another dimension to the offense. He's obviously not what he was but in 2019, when he was healthy, he was a good slot receiver in Dallas. Packers don't need him to be a 1,000 yard receiver, he'll be a good trade if he has 700+ yards by the end of the season.

We have arguably one of the most slot ready WRs that was in the draft this past year as well...and a WR that is very close with Cobb and Cobb has even said has everything to be better than he was.

Adding Cobb is just not needed IMO, but there is value there from the stance of it may be one piece of getting 12 back for a run - it also I would assume will expedite Amari's growth at slot given their close relationship...my only fear is that it may squelch Amari's growth as Cobb will no doubt steal snaps from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts