What WRs are back in 2022?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chris Jacke speculating that KC Chiefs trying to trade for D. Adams?? If so would be a signal that AR is retiring. Possibly stirring the pot, who knows at this point?

Rodgers isn't going to retire that's just insane to think...and that would be beyond dumb for the Packers to put adams with mahomes...but would be an excellent move by the chiefs to pair the two

Let's hope it's not true...gotta keep blue chip players in the building at all costs...when you're lucky enough to aquire one you don't let em go

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Chris Jacke speculating that KC Chiefs trying to trade for D. Adams?? If so would be a signal that AR is retiring. Possibly stirring the pot, who knows at this point?
I doubt Rodgers retires, but he could sit out and hope the Packers trade him in the next 8 months. As far as Adams goes, if Rodgers is done in GB and as a result, Davante won't be resigning, trade him to the highest bidder now. The biggest mistake that Gute and the Packers could make would be to just let Adams walk away in Free Agency in 2022.

Reaction score
I also don't think its good practice for players to play the cat and mouse games that we are seeing some of them play through Social Media. Adams used to be a pretty humble and quiet guy, now it seems like his elevation to a top player has opened him up to being "one of those guys".

I'm a bit of a hypocrite for saying this, because I participate in it, but I kind of miss the days when we as fans, as well as the media weren't privy to so much "news, rumors and speculation". These days if a player farts in Walmart, not only are we going to read about it, but there will probably be 5 different camera angles of it and millions of people speculating as to what that fart meant!
Well.. It’s the only silver lining of Covid. If you get it? you can’t smell farts. It’s all new meaning to be an
A-Symptomatic fart smeller. As opposed to a Symptomatic smart feller!

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Davantae Adams and Aaron Rodgers both posted the same "last dance" photo of pippen and Jordan to Instagram last night...wonder what that means?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Davantae Adams and Aaron Rodgers both posted the same "last dance" photo of pippen and Jordan to Instagram last night...wonder what that means?
I would say that it means 1 of 2 things....both plan on making this their last season together or they just finished their last season together. It also continues Rodgers "Gute is Jerry Krause" reference, as well as adding more passive aggressive BS to the growing pile. Anyone who thought Adams will do what is best for Adams and what Rodgers does won't influence that, just got a bigger hint to what some of us have been saying for months.

Attachments

• rodgers-adams.jpg
    rodgers-adams.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 114

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say that it means 1 of 2 things....both plan on making this their last season together or they just finished their last season together. It also continues Rodgers "Gute is Jerry Krause" reference, as well as adding more passive aggressive BS to the growing pile. Anyone who thought Adams will do what is best for Adams and what Rodgers does won't influence that, just got a bigger hint to what some of us have been saying for months.
I think it means both feel like this will be their last season together in GB with this team...not necessarily that they want it to be their last but that gutekrause has decided its their last

We have no clue of internal discussions on contracts for either of these guys...how do we know when and or how the Rodgers extension was structured. How do we know what they offering Adams? Or if they'll eventually get a deal done? I just think it's way too early to be making judgements like that...

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I just think it's way too early to be making judgements like that...
I think you just got your "judgements" by the 2 key components in question. To think anything different about them both posting that picture in unity is putting your head in the sand. I mean what else are they referring to? How great of teammates Jordan and Pippen were?

The decision on what to do with both players will now come down to whether Rodgers reports to practice. If he retires or sits, I'm trading Adams ASAP. If they both report and it's apparent that Adams is done after 2021, I have my finger squarely on the trade button and pushing it by the trade deadline if the season isn't going well.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just hope they do not trade them to the same team.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I just hope they do not trade them to the same team.
Might be hard for one team to come up with that kind of draft capital.

All I can say is that if both of them are playing football outside of Green Bay in 2022 and we don't have 2-4 first round picks to show for it, then I think Gute and Murphy are both gone. The Packers need to really be smart with this and not be that stubborn bully that ends up all alone on the playground.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Might be hard for one team to come up with that kind of draft capital.

All I can say is that if both of them are playing football outside of Green Bay in 2022 and we don't have 2-4 first round picks to show for it, then I think Gute and Murphy are both gone. The Packers need to really be smart with this and not be that stubborn bully that ends up all alone on the playground.
Rodgers trade starts at 3 first round picks

Adams trade starts at at least 1 first rounder

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Rodgers trade starts at 3 first round picks

Adams trade starts at at least 1 first rounder

Could be, but we get a late 3rd rounder if we let Adams walk. Unless, you tag and trade and I am not a fan of that. Rodgers trade value is slowly dropping as we get closer to Sept., as well as more BS is slung by him.

Bottom line for me right now isn't just the "what do we get in trade", its the sudden shift and change in the culture in Green Bay. Two years ago, Green Bay was a place guys wanted to come and play. Fans around the country talked about the Packer culture. Now, with just a few months of Rodgers playing his passive aggressive mind games and reeling Adams in with him, what do we have and how much worse does it get?

If these guys were JAGS, they would be gone quick. Team chemistry is important and if you start to get 2 guys like this messing with it, its a hard snowball to stop from rolling.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Three ones for Rodgers LoL only if late firsts most likely. Folks get real.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
what about just tag and keep an open mind? After all, the amount of a tag right now is actually less than Devante is worth.

IF Davante doesn't want to play in Green Bay, I wouldn't be opposed to tagging him, but that depends a lot on his mindset. If its just a matter of the 2 sides coming to terms on his value, then maybe you tag him. But given that we are talking about him becoming the highest paid WR in the NFL, its a huge decision with major ramifications down the road. I would be a bit nervous about doing it even if everything was sunshine and roses right now. However, the black cloud that Rodgers seems to have put over this organization has me very concerned about hanging on to a potentially disgruntled Davante.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tyni, I agree. 2 #1s (2022 & 2023) and a 2nd rounder (2022) for Him and a 3rd rounder (2022) and then depending on where those picks fall whether you also get a starter or a depth guy.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could be, but we get a late 3rd rounder if we let Adams walk. Unless, you tag and trade and I am not a fan of that. Rodgers trade value is slowly dropping as we get closer to Sept., as well as more BS is slung by him.

Bottom line for me right now isn't just the "what do we get in trade", its the sudden shift and change in the culture in Green Bay. Two years ago, Green Bay was a place guys wanted to come and play. Fans around the country talked about the Packer culture. Now, with just a few months of Rodgers playing his passive aggressive mind games and reeling Adams in with him, what do we have and how much worse does it get?

If these guys were JAGS, they would be gone quick. Team chemistry is important and if you start to get 2 guys like this messing with it, its a hard snowball to stop from rolling.

Once again they not trading him before next year...he either plays for Packers in 2021 or sits out the season and then is traded prior to draft in april...the ship sailed on a trade this season when the first round of the draft came and went

I don't agree his value is dropping...if the wait...a team in the top 10 or even top 5 like the 49ers in 2020, will find the prospect of adding Rodgers for 5/6 more seasons far too good to pass up. And they'll give up 3 firsts as a starting point for the trade to bring a fhof qb to their team

And as for the culture thing that has been there since they made the change to Mark Murphy in 2007. Former player Mark Chumura noted that and he's really not on Rodgers side in this...

Also the one and only reason the Packers were ever a coveted destination for free agents was and is the fhof face of the NFL qbs they've had over the last 30 seasons

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Once again they not trading him before next year...he either plays for Packers in 2021 or sits out the season and then is traded prior to draft in april
I was talking about the prospect of trading Adams while you still can. Rodgers is a no brainer at this point. You can't give into his pouty ways and if the price is right, trade him next offseason.

This Jordan-Pippen Twitter post by Adams and Rodgers was an intentional attempt to blow things up and it and Adams pulling out of contract negotiations is going to be the talk for the next few days or until another new fart bomb is dropped.

I'm pretty disguted with both players now.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was talking about the prospect of trading Adams while you still can. Rodgers is a no brainer at this point. You can't give into his pouty ways and if the price is right, trade him next offseason.

This Jordan-Pippen Twitter post by Adams and Rodgers was an intentional attempt to blow things up and it and Adams pulling out of contract negotiations is going to be the talk for the next few days or until another new fart bomb is dropped.

I'm pretty disguted with both players now.

Don't over react on the Adams thing...did it seem like the Packers were gonna get a deal done with Aaron Jones? I was one of the only guys saying it would get done and then things took a late turn and wala Jones resigned

I personally think adams and the Packers will resume talks on a contract and get a deal done...that is if adams has faith in Love as a qb. If he doesn't could you blame him for not wanting to stick with what would likely be a perennial loser if Love doesn't pan out

To me the last dance post is a positive for Packer fans...at least we get one more run with this team cuz I think they have a real chance to win it and if they do then who knows what happens...

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Three ones for Rodgers LoL only if late firsts most likely. Folks get real.

The 49ers offered the 3rd overall pick as well as 2 additional firsts...why do you think some team won't make a similar offer

The bears were rumored to have offered 3 firsts as well as 2 starters akeem hicks and Allen Robinson

If the Packers fo is poor at negotiating, yeah they might take less than 3 firsts but they don't have to. Fhof qbs don't ever get traded especially one that has stated he has 5/6 seasons left

This is unprecedented and what did the rams give up for Stafford again?

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tonyan posts picture of Rodman now too….feels like a massive curtain call happening for many of the members is the implied message.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 49ers offered the 3rd overall pick as well as 2 additional firsts...why do you think some team won't make a similar offer

The bears were rumored to have offered 3 firsts as well as 2 starters akeem hicks and Allen Robinson

If the Packers fo is poor at negotiating, yeah they might take less than 3 firsts but they don't have to. Fhof qbs don't ever get traded especially one that has stated he has 5/6 seasons left

This is unprecedented and what did the rams give up for Stafford again?

zero confirmed offers of the such were made as many say.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
They took away the rainbow and unicorn ratings, otherwise I might have passed out a few today.

Something is up in Packerland and it isn't good.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They took away the rainbow and unicorn ratings, otherwise I might have passed out a few today.

Something is up in Packerland and it isn't good.

Fo needs to be revamped from top down if elite players don't wanna play for the Packers then what...well I guess they'll still make money

Sometimes it benefits the employer to not be singularly focused on the bottom line to the point they are out of touch with those who matter most the employees

Last edited:

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fo needs to be revamped from top down if elite players don't wanna play for the Packers then what...well I guess they'll still make money

Sometimes it benefits the employer to not be singularly focused on the bottom line to the point they are out of touch with those who matter most the employees
Yeah, we get it. The front office is also responsible for global warming, covid AND the Asian carp invasion into the Great Lakes. Damn them, they should be executed at sun-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts