Wide Receiver Options

Reaction score
Doubs is a freaking rookie, of course he needs to show up for OTAs to learn the offense. There's close to no actual benefit of a 18-year veteran to take part in it.
I never said anything about OTA’s and Doubs. I said he showed signs of taking his job seriously through commitment. Showing up early, leaving late, asking lots of questions. If everyone took that approach they might similarly exceed their expectations also.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You might be right because of the playoff odds but I dont think any team will give him a multi year deal. His only option is going to be a deal for the remainder of the season. With the hopes of balling out and making some team want to give him a long term deal going into 2023

If that's the case then the Packers won't be in the running at all. Packers only have $3.9m of cap space for 2022 and can't offer a single-year deal that would come close to anything another team will offer him. The only chance the Packers would have of signing him to a market value deal will be to make it multi-year.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If that's the case then the Packers won't be in the running at all. Packers only have $3.9m of cap space for 2022 and can't offer a single-year deal that would come close to anything another team will offer him. The only chance the Packers would have of signing him to a market value deal will be to make it multi-year.

Odell is, unfortunately for him and for different reasons, in the same position he was in last year....

He's looking at a deal for the remainder of the year right around the veteran minimum. Maybe 1.5 m. If someone was going to offer more they would have already.

Maybe he goes to the Packers wins another superbowl and stays healthy then he could be inline for a, say 3 year deal somewhere at a number he'd like perhaps

D

Deleted member 6794

You could already bring back the big 5 with several different combinations.
Watson. Lazard, Doubs, Cobb, Tonyan. Tonyan, Deguara, Watson, Lazard, Jones.
The possibilities are exciting...

The Packers current receiving corps might develop into a good one at some point down the road but at this point I'm definitely not excited about the group as a whole.

I never said anything about OTA’s and Doubs. I said he showed signs of taking his job seriously through commitment. Showing up early, leaving late, asking lots of questions. If everyone took that approach they might similarly exceed their expectations also.

I'm sorry I took your comment as another shot at Rodgers for not showing up to OTAs. It seems you're right about Doubs, he has shown full commitment since being drafted.

Reaction score
I'm sorry I took your comment as another shot at Rodgers for not showing up to OTAs. It seems you're right about Doubs, he has shown full commitment since being drafted.
Oh it’s ok. I sorta see both sides on that issue. In general I agree he would’ve not need to concern himself coming in early (OTA).
On the flip side I see it as situational. If you’ve got a complete Roster changeover, which we did, I’d lean towards getting in there to show some leadership. I know it’s not required, but that’s that whole idea behind leadership is doing things above and beyond. Especially after the recent history of some abrasive relations and then a full commitment towards him with a fully guaranteed, record breaker.

Am I going to lose sleep over it? No
Will it occasionally be a talking point in in regard to his commitment? Yes Just because we wanted him there doesn’t imply we don’t like him or are going to extract a “pound of flesh” for his absence. He’s a terrific player. He’s not playing like he’s capable though either.

We both know we’ve got a lot more problems team-wide than just getting that sector on the same wavelength.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Oh it’s ok. I sorta see both sides on that issue. In general I agree he would’ve not need to concern himself coming in early (OTA).
On the flip side I see it as situational. If you’ve got a complete Roster changeover, which we did, I’d lean towards getting in there to show some leadership. I know it’s not required, but that’s that whole idea behind leadership is doing things above and beyond. Especially after the recent history of some abrasive relations and then a full commitment towards him with a fully guaranteed, record breaker.

The reason I consider Rodgers not showing up for OTAs as being a non-factor is that the players acquired this offseason were just learning the basic principles of the team's scheme at that point. The starting quarterback showing up for that wouldn't have made any difference in my opinion.

Reaction score
Just to be clear about it, Rodgers skipped voluntary OTAs. He showed up for the mandatory minicamp.
See! This is what happens when you don’t show up. First it’s OTA’s, then its confusing it with MiniCamp. Next thing you know your faking an illness and playing Hooky! Then your lying about your X
It’s a downward spiral!
:coffee:

Members online

Latest posts