What Receivers (WR) Return In 2022...Pre-Training Camp Poll

What WRs are back in 2022?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Let the record show despite what many of you argued with me saying this is one of the deepest WR rooms, Davante said it is the deepest WR room he has been part of.

It is an improvement over the last 2 years and yeah maybe since Davante has been in GB or at the top of his game, the deepest. However, this was a much deeper and better group.....

Attachments

• green-bay-packers-the-perfect-pack-november-07-2011-sports-illustrated-cover.jpg
    green-bay-packers-the-perfect-pack-november-07-2011-sports-illustrated-cover.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 144

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At the moment, I think Cobb and Taylor can be upgraded if the proper player is available. Rodgers, Lazard, and MVS will be given time as none have reached their ceiling yet. Adams is a break the bank to keep player.

Absolutely agree about Adams, you simply don't let guys like that out of the building...

By all accounts MVS is determined to cash in big in free agency. He dropped just one pass all of training camp, if that trend continues watch out!!! Imagine the season MVS would have posted in 2020 had he not dropped no less than 3 tds and idk how many others that may not have gone to the house but were still big plays

And Lazard is the epitome of a role player between the work he does in the running game and his propensity to produce big plays in key moments

They not getting rid of Cobb so if a guy is added its gonna be at the expense of Taylor who is almost guaranteed to make it to the PS in that scenario

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MVS could play so well that we will not be able to afford him next year (would still rather have Adams). But he could help us win the SB. And then again, we may be able to pay him and still win the SB with him being kinda mediocre again. I don't like to think about bringing someone else in and letting go of Taylor. I like what we have. Some of you guys like to play GM too much imho.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MVS could play so well that we will not be able to afford him next year (would still rather have Adams). But he could help us win the SB. And then again, we may be able to pay him and still win the SB with him being kinda mediocre again. I don't like to think about bringing someone else in and letting go of Taylor. I like what we have. Some of you guys like to play GM too much imho.

Part of the job is to be constantly improving the roster wherever and whenever you can....

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I'm sure I'll be in the minority with this take, but I really hope that the Packers stand their ground on Adams and let him walk if they must.

If a reasonable deal can be agreed upon that doesn't commit to him too far into the future, then fine. He certainly deserves a raise. But if he wants cap commitment well into his 30's, pass.

Adams is a stellar talent and player. But this extension would start at age 29, at a time when the Packers are likely hitting the reset button at QB. I can see the argument that you want to surround Love with lots of expensive talent while he's still cheap himself, but I still see too much downside if you're committing to a wide receiver into, say, his age 33 season.

This isn't a quarterback, offensive tackle, pass rusher, or lock down corner... it's a receiver. Wide receiver is a dramatically overrated position. The entire game has been reshaped in the last 20 years to make their jobs easier. They're treated like a premium position, but they're at best 5th in terms of importance on the field. Don't over-invest.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure I'll be in the minority with this take, but I really hope that the Packers stand their ground on Adams and let him walk if they must.

If a reasonable deal can be agreed upon that doesn't commit to him too far into the future, then fine. He certainly deserves a raise. But if he wants cap commitment well into his 30's, pass.

Adams is a stellar talent and player. But this extension would start at age 29, at a time when the Packers are likely hitting the reset button at QB. I can see the argument that you want to surround Love with lots of expensive talent while he's still cheap himself, but I still see too much downside if you're committing to a wide receiver into, say, his age 33 season.

This isn't a quarterback, offensive tackle, pass rusher, or lock down corner... it's a receiver. Wide receiver is a dramatically overrated position. The entire game has been reshaped in the last 20 years to make their jobs easier. They're treated like a premium position, but they're at best 5th in terms of importance on the field. Don't over-invest.

I think there are more that understand and completely agree...no matter how hard it is to scream at the other side of our minds that just don't want to see Adams go.

I truly wanted to see us extend Adams a couple years back honestly...could have probably gotten us through Rodgers time here. The only way Adams stays with us I think is if Rodgers and him choose to play together more than not - otherwise Adams is going to cash in BIG TIME elsewhere.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Adams is going to cash in BIG TIME elsewhere.

He is going to cash in wherever he is. The Packers could figure out a way to sign him, but I'm not so sure that is a smart thing to do, especially if this is Rodgers last year in GB. Rodgers leaving starts the timer on the Packers rebuilding process and having QB like money tied up in a 30 year old WR isn't the smartest thing to do IMO.

Hate to say it, but this could be that perfect storm that I was afraid of.....both Rodgers and Adams leaving after this season and only getting a end of the 3rd round comp for Adams and probably a bit less than we would of a year earlier for Rodgers.

If the Packers have another stellar year and Rodgers is sticking around, depending on what we see from the other Packer WR's might not need to resign Davante or he might be a must to resign. I just have a hard time justifying what I think he wants to get paid.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I think there are more that understand and completely agree...no matter how hard it is to scream at the other side of our minds that just don't want to see Adams go.

I truly wanted to see us extend Adams a couple years back honestly...could have probably gotten us through Rodgers time here. The only way Adams stays with us I think is if Rodgers and him choose to play together more than not - otherwise Adams is going to cash in BIG TIME elsewhere.

If he would accept, say, 3 years, 84M, with 60M gtd (all in years 1 and 2), I could see it. That's huge money for the position, and would only commit to him financially for his age 29 and 30 seasons.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he would accept, say, 3 years, 84M, with 60M gtd (all in years 1 and 2), I could see it. That's huge money for the position, and would only commit to him financially for his age 29 and 30 seasons.

He knows he can get $80-$100M guaranteed elsewhere though easy....

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Davante's most recent comments lead me to believe that he isn't going to rush to resign with the Packers and possibly he thinks this is his final season with them as well.

"No. No chance, no," he said when asked whether deal would get done before Week 1.

Adams said he and Aaron Rodgers are entering the 2021 season with an "identical mindset."

"[K]ind of how I look at it and how we started to look at is as a team, is like, it really is the last dance for having this type of group here," the receiver said. "We don’t know what the next year is going to hold — leaving myself and Aaron and stuff out of it."

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Except they're not, their situations are not similar at all IMO.
I wasn't trying to imply that their situation was the same, but according to Davante, their mindsets are. Which I have to think means that neither of them expect to be in GB much longer. Dante leaving via Free agency and Rodgers via a requested/forced/promised trade. Maybe things change and a Super Bowl win could go a long way at helping to mend the fences, but Davante was the guy who tweeted "The Last Dance" first, AR just followed suite.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we were to get some real good picks/players for both; it would be a great way to get over the re-building hump. But I digress. Now is what is important now. Go Pack Go!

Phazael

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MVS is not worth what he will want to be paid and excellent trade bait. I suspect St Brown will be moving on too. Assuming AR plays out his last year, they will probably need to do something in the form of a one year deal with Adams. They should hang on to Lazard and pray Tonyan recovers. Lewis is pretty much played out, but the newer guys seem to be progressing well.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MVS is not worth what he will want to be paid and excellent trade bait. I suspect St Brown will be moving on too. Assuming AR plays out his last year, they will probably need to do something in the form of a one year deal with Adams. They should hang on to Lazard and pray Tonyan recovers. Lewis is pretty much played out, but the newer guys seem to be progressing well.

Every person you listed except Lewis is not signed to the team in 2022. You cannot trade people that hold no contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online