What is your Least Favorite Packer Moment of all time?

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers had beaten the Patriots earlier in the season, albeit at Lambeau.

2014 will forever be the one that got away.
Not so sure I put that game on Rodgers. MM went conservative after that last INT. Seattle had I believe the best defense in the league and we faced the 12th man. Between Peppers telling our man to go down, the 2 point Hail Mary, and the onside flub the team appeared to self destruct. And do not forget that Rodgers had to hobble through 3 games with that pulled calf muscle.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Not so sure I put that game on Rodgers. MM went conservative after that last INT. Seattle had I believe the best defense in the league and we faced the 12th man. Between Peppers telling our man to go down, the 2 point Hail Mary, and the onside flub the team appeared to self destruct. And do not forget that Rodgers had to hobble through 3 games with that pulled calf muscle.
Plenty of blame to go around, but Rodgers isn't even in the top 5 for blame in that game. Many forget that he got us into field goal range to get the tying FG to get the game to OT. And then, of course, he doesn't get the ball back.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers played well in that game. Nit picking aside, he was not one of the reasons that we lost that game. The rest of the team/coaches failed.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Plenty of blame to go around, but Rodgers isn't even in the top 5 for blame in that game. Many forget that he got us into field goal range to get the tying FG to get the game to OT. And then, of course, he doesn't get the ball back.
He hobbled out of bounds to get us in range.

Reaction score
Probability wise. Had we simply executed on that ST debacle and had Bostick not went rogue? that game was over Packers Win.
I think based on how Seattle faired against NE a few weeks later? The Pack had a 50/50 chance in a SB. They were an ascending team that gave Russell fits near all day. No way does Brady scramble all over like Wilson did. He’d get sacked 3-4 times.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Always hated the 3 man rush. 99 per cent of the time it is foolish. On the famous " Owens caught it pass," Fritz used a 3 man rush. It gave Steve Young plenty of time to slip, get up, and find his target.
I always thought LeRoy Butler failing to tackle the SF FB on 3rd down earlier in that drive was the biggest failure.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And in SB 32 we played Denver because they escaped KC 14-10 in the AFC game. KC was the better team that year. I was more afraid of Schottenheimer and Derrick Thomas than I was of Elway and their coach. The year before in 96 we beat Denver 41-6 at Lambeau but lost 27-20 at KC. I even thought Parcells team the year before was better than Denver. But Favre made 2 critical errors in the first half. The INT deep in our end and the fumble when he did not see the safety blitz. Denver got a 51 yard FG. And after we forced Davis to fumble early in the 3rd all we got was a FG out of it.
KC was overrated that year because their QB was Elvis Grbac. And Schottenheimer was Schottenheimer.

As bad as the SB played out, we still got the ball at the 40 yard line in the 4th quarter at 24-24. Then we go 3 and out. Bad play calling.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't use the calf injury as an excuse. For a QB supposedly as great as Rodgers, he should be able to beat teams, even great defenses, strictly with his arm.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You knew this was coming. There always must be balance in the force. There was even balance in the Schwartz.

My quick list of lease favorite moments:
- 4th & 26
- the strip sack / score in overtime of the 2009 playoff game vs Arizona
- the 2015 Larry Fitzgerald overtime play in the playoffs
- Jim Zorn taking the safety in the 4th Qtr of the Bears game in 1985. That game was in our control until that point...or I suppose until Epps fielded the punt at the 4 yard line setting up the safety.
- The Fail Mary
- Brandon Bostick's muffed onside kick recovery in 2014
- Every playoff loss to the mid-90s Cowboys

That's a pretty complete list...Not much to add, except maybe Favre's overtime interception against the Giants and losing a Super Bowl to Denver.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You do not know what it is like to play QB with that kind of injury. One muscle and he is on the ground done without a hit. A QB in the NFL has to set. Plant. And move his feet. Recall he is up against the best D in the league.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to throw out another game. The 2001 playoff loss to the Rams. Ahman Green had rushed for almost 1,400 yards that season, the defense was great (3rd least points allowed in team history, broke record for most sacks in a season with 52), and we had just beaten the 49ers in the wildcard round - payback for the 1999 Terrell Owens let down. With Brett Favre leaning on a powerful running game and strong defense, we shouldn't need to sling the ball around with reckless abandon...

Then Favre throws six interceptions, including three pick-6s en route to a 17-45 loss. That was one of my least favorite moments.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to throw out another game. The 2001 playoff loss to the Rams. Ahman Green had rushed for almost 1,400 yards that season, the defense was great (3rd least points allowed in team history, broke record for most sacks in a season with 52), and we had just beaten the 49ers in the wildcard round - payback for the 1999 Terrell Owens let down. With Brett Favre leaning on a powerful running game and strong defense, we shouldn't need to sling the ball around with reckless abandon...

Then Favre throws six interceptions, including three pick-6s en route to a 17-45 loss. That was one of my least favorite moments.
I actually went to that game. It was horrible.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't remember when but one year we started off very badly. And all of a sudden we just started winning. we looked great. Favre, Ahman and co. I think.. The last game was away at the Jets and we won. I thought if we could just get in the playoffs we were gonna win it all. But the Rams or somebody had to lose. And they didn't.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't really expect to beat the Rams that year, but those six interceptions were humiliating. That was the moment that I kind of felt like our Favre era was over. We weren't going to be dominant with him again. That was probably too pessimistic, but was more or less true.

Reaction score
2014 NFC Championship game and 4th and 26.
I remember they did a poll in Philadelphia concerning that play and like 65% of the households polled knew the players name who got that first down like several years later. He was a household icon.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It was horrible. The Rams had a Lovey defense. Green fumbled after a good run when hit by Archaletta. He was down the sideline and failed to switch the ball to his right hand because he was left handed. Had he done that the ball goes out if bounds. Bad day. But Rams lost that year eventually.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That year the Rams defense took offense to the media saying the game would be a shootout. Why didn't our defense take offense to that?
I guess because no one stopped the Rams all season on that side of the ball.

Members online

Latest posts