What is your Favorite Packer Moment of all time?

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I remember this game where Hasselbeck claimed to score a TD when they got call of heads on the toss. Was awesome to see him toss a pick six on the first drive.

Here is the only video I found that should the coin toss and INT(fast forward to 1:30) and you will also have to view it on YT. :(

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

What is your all time favorite moment or play?

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Doesnt get any better than this...

Freakin love Scud! Dude was a hitter! He's now a coach on the Wildcats down here.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow...so many l..hard to pick.

Vs Pitts Xmas eve 94? Was at he game and yancy thigpen dropped a td and packers won to secure the central divsion.

Budman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So many to chose from. Favre to Freeman with Al Michaels on the call. Favre to Sharpe for a TD against the Lions in the wildcard game. Just too many to pick from but here's one from my youth.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For me it was the hit that Wayne Simmons put on the 49ers to start the 1995 divisional playoff game. The Packers had stunk for 25 years, had a promising 1994 season, but still were unproven. The Packers beat the Falcons the week before in the wildcard game, but still were severe underdogs against the reigning Super Bowl champions on the road. On the first play by the 49ers, Steve Young swung the ball into the flat for their RB but Simmons flew into him like a truck running over a mailbox. The football flew out and Craig Newsome scooped it up, running it back for a TD.

That play not only set the tone for a thrashing of the champs, but set the tone for the 1996 team to win the Super Bowl. We still needed to beat the Cowboys for once (and never really did while Dallas was in its prime) but it was the hit that sparked the notion that this team was legit.

Budman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For me it was the hit that Wayne Simmons put on the 49ers to start the 1995 divisional playoff game. The Packers had stunk for 25 years, had a promising 1994 season, but still were unproven. The Packers beat the Falcons the week before in the wildcard game, but still were severe underdogs against the reigning Super Bowl champions on the road. On the first play by the 49ers, Steve Young swung the ball into the flat for their RB but Simmons flew into him like a truck running over a mailbox. The football flew out and Craig Newsome scooped it up, running it back for a TD.

That play not only set the tone for a thrashing of the champs, but set the tone for the 1996 team to win the Super Bowl. We still needed to beat the Cowboys for once (and never really did while Dallas was in its prime) but it was the hit that sparked the notion that this team was legit.

Great call! You nailed it. That was a great turning point for the franchise.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to choose Clay Mathews and Ryan Picket'***** on Rashard Mendenhall (had to look him up though I remember him) to create a HUGE fumble that Desmond Bishop deftly picked up. btw I am hoping our Kris Barnes comes through like Bishop did. The situations are similar imho

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My favorite moment was October 29, 1978 when Chester Marcol nailed a 48 yard field goal in the final seconds to beat the Tampa Bay Buccaneers 9-7.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw Desmond Bishop's name in Gopkrs post above, which lead me to think about another recent cathartic moment. In 2009 Favre destroyed the Packers. In 2010, we faced Favre again at Lambeau. At one point in the game, Favre stepped up in the pocket and began to scramble straight ahead. Desmond Bishop planted his facemask right on Favre's purple #4 and smacked him into the turf. It may have been a 1yd gain, but the impact of the hit spoke volumes. That was the moment that I knew that we had turned the corner....and we won the Super Bowl later that season.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I saw Desmond Bishop's name in Gopkrs post above, which lead me to think about another recent cathartic moment. In 2009 Favre destroyed the Packers. In 2010, we faced Favre again at Lambeau. At one point in the game, Favre stepped up in the pocket and began to scramble straight ahead. Desmond Bishop planted his facemask right on Favre's purple #4 and smacked him into the turf. It may have been a 1yd gain, but the impact of the hit spoke volumes. That was the moment that I knew that we had turned the corner....and we won the Super Bowl later that season.

Attachments

• 531D56CC-5507-46D1-9DE5-A9D2E6A8F624.png
    531D56CC-5507-46D1-9DE5-A9D2E6A8F624.png
    301 KB · Views: 172
  • F47B7CFA-9A84-4E53-B59F-A54A819F3045.png
    F47B7CFA-9A84-4E53-B59F-A54A819F3045.png
    343.8 KB · Views: 183

JKramer64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Goal line stand in 1966 NFL Championship game. Dave Robinson pressuring Don Meredith into an interception by Tom Brown.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is fun that this and the Ice Bowl were both against the 'Boys. However, I still sort of favor the latter, as the game started off as a laugher victory, got serious, the went the whole second half, minus the last drive, with nothing but frustration.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to go with the one that made BOTH 'Top 10' DVD sets and the only game Mark Murphy was a part of as a player. The Monday Night Game against the Redskins in '83. It was the first time I knew my Packers had a snowballs chance in **** of winning a championship because we beat the Superbowl Champs.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was that the 48-47 game where OJ Simpson said "I can't believe they scored 105 points."?

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The last drive in the Ice Bowl.
So did you actually see this or are you picking it because it is the most famous rather bland moment in NFL history?

I really can’t think of anything more boring in the NFL than oops I fell forward.

I am not saying it is not an iconic Packers and NFL moment but honestly the play is pretty much hohum

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So did you actually see this or are you picking it because it is the most famous rather bland moment in NFL history?
Bland!? As a play, it's about as iconic as can get. It's been on highlight reels for a long time, but it still endures. Even if you don't think much of the play, it's a climactic moment with huge stakes.

By the way, even though you didn't address the question to me, I'm going to answer it. I saw the play, but I don't remember seeing it. I was seven years old. I remember watching the game, and I remember the Packers winning, but I have no memory of the actual play.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
This isn't like some of the iconic moments that have been mentioned here, but for some reason this one stands out. It was 4th-and-8, with 46 seconds left on the clock, and Aaron Rodgers tossed a game winning touchdown pass to Randall Cobb to steal the NFC North title from the Chicago Bears. There was just something about Rodgers coming off injury and tearing the hearts out of Bears fans to make it to the playoffs. Just the reaction of the fans in the crowd was spectacular.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I really can’t think of anything more boring in the NFL than oops I fell forward.

I am not saying it is not an iconic Packers and NFL moment but honestly the play is pretty much hohum
Don't want to speak for PikeBadger, who posted it, or Rmontro, who replied pretty much as I would/will, but I watched it while in my first Air Force assignment out of college. It's actually the last time I remember getting really excited about sports, and I almost pummeled my Air Force buddy when, as I was going berserk, he looked at the TV and said "offensive penalty?". Fortunately, he was twice my size, so no harm done.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

He did not say the play. He said "the drive." And that was anything but bland. And if you think the play was bland then you just did not understand the situation.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts