1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Your favorite Aaron Rodgers throw ever

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers Fan Forum' started by PackAttack12, Oct 28, 2019.

1. PackAttack12

PackAttack12 R-E-L-A-X

Packer Fan Since:
    @Cheese Headed Monster made me think of the idea to start this thread. Obviously Aaron Rodgers has made some really insane throws in his career, throws that only he can consistently make. I could list several of my favorites off the top of my head, but I don't want to name them all myself.

To me, my favorite throw and probably most impressive throw he's ever made was against the Cardinals in the 2015 playoffs. He had just made the insane hail mary throw several weeks earlier against the Lions which was impressive in and of itself, so the Cardinals had the (smart) idea to bring pressure in this hail mary situation. Instead of rushing three and allowing Rodgers time to set his feet and really step into the throw, they bring pressure which theoretically would prevent Rodgers the time to buy in the pocket for the receivers to get far enough down the field to get to the end zone.

So Rodgers has to immediately move out to his left off of a spin move, turns around and somehow is able to open his hips while falling away, and launching a perfect throw to the end zone for Janis to then haul it in. Honestly, it might be the greatest throw that I've ever seen especially given what was on the line in that situation.

The only thing that sucks about the throw is that it was the last one of the game because the defense **** the bed in overtime and blew the coverage on Fitzgerald.

So how about it? What's your favorite throw? Or most impressive throw? However you want to define it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cheese Headed Monster

Cheese Headed Monster Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Ill rehash what i mentioned on a previous thread. I think the best throw in terms of physical and raw athleticism was the Cardinals hail mary for the reason PackAttack12 mentioned above.

Last nights throw imo was his best "skill throw" I have ever seen. The pinpoint accuracy and touch on that ball was insane. I PROMISE you only a few QBs in NFL history could replicate that. (I dont even know if that is true, he honestly may be the only one.) Maybe Mahomes in the future when he gets to his prime.

Also I hate to bring up Favre in a AR thread but he had a good quote. Something like, "Any QB can throw a ball through a door. Good QB's can hit the doorknob. Great QB's can throw it through the key hole." AR can throw it through a key hole easily.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    this is like hitting a comedy club and the guy comes out and just blasts you in the face with funny stuff for an hour. You're laughing so hard and thinking how hard your friends are going to laugh when you tell them how funny this comedian was. Next thing you know, the show is over and the next day you maybe remember 10% of what you heard because it was a constant barrage of funny your brain couldn't keep up.

That's how I feel with the QB's we've had, I don't have the memory for this LOL

4. PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I'll say in terms of individual QB throw in clutch time and in as dire a situation as we were in, yes the Hail Janis throw in Arizona will go down for me as number 1. That one will never ever be forgotten and man, still to this day wonder what would have happened had we gone for 2 there.

Now, in terms of ridiculous good throws combined with amazing receiver footwork, I'd say last night's throw to Jamaal Williams tied the one he threw to Jared Cook in Dallas. That catch alone should have given Cook a contract extension.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Packer Fan Since:
    Dallas to Jared

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Arod2gjdd

Arod2gjdd Cheesehead

Without question

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cheese Headed Monster

Packer Fan Since:
    Or how about "Rodgers.... COBB!!!!!!!!!!! TOUCHDOWN!!!"

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wi. Mike now in Florida

Wi. Mike now in Florida Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    The one Sunday night against KC wasn't bad, even tho some say he was just throw it away

9. LambeauLombardi

LambeauLombardi Cheesehead

Rodgers to Adams Week 4 2014. It got overturned because of a hold but still..

10. C-Lee

C-Lee Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Rodgers to Rodgers in the 2014 divisional game against Dallas.

• Like Like x 1
  11. gbgary

gbgary Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    too many to pick one.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Arod2gjdd

Arod2gjdd Cheesehead

I remember leaping out of my chair when this happened. The offense had been sluggish, Rodgers was coming out off an injury, but then this came out of nowhere. I specifically remember texting my friend, "That laser came out of nowhere."

13. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I resist this question, much like being forced to pick a favorite Zeppelin song. There are too many to even list in a top 10.

14. felix145

felix145 Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    That's mine, too.

And this one (2016 Week 1 in Jacksonville):

Still can't believe how a human being can make that throw.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Packer Fan Since:
    Bend it like Beckham? How about bend it like Rodgers?

16. TEXPAC

TEXPAC Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I prefer the deep throws but there really are way too many of those to pick just one......

17. Pokerbrat2000

Packer Fan Since:
    The hail marys are definitely the most exciting thing to watch and yes, Rodgers has the skills to deliver a deep long ball in the general vicinity of a receiver in those situations and has. But most of the time, those rely a lot on luck and what the defense does/doesn't do. All of those will be on his career highlight reel, but the balls he delivers quite frequently, to a well covered receiver, with pinpoint accuracy are IMO, the ones that set him apart from most QB's.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Cheese Headed Monster

Packer Fan Since:
    upload_2019-10-29_16-31-46.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. C-Lee

C-Lee Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Underrated throw: James Jones touchdown in 2015 @ Vikings

20. Poppa San

Poppa San Levelheaded Staff Member Moderator

Packer Fan Since:
    pass to Jennings with 6 minutes left in SB to extend a drive to get the FG.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. OldSchool101

OldSchool101 Peerless Beer, Lacrosse WI

Packer Fan Since:
    I’m not even sure. The sheer number of improbable throws and catches in clutch situations makes it indiscernible to pick out just 1. The sideline throw to Cook against Dallas in the playoffs, the 60+ yard Hail Mary to beat the Lions.

I’m going on a limb here. His best throw has not been made yet. I’ll be watching though.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  22. Simms87

Simms87 Cheesehead

I‘m going with the pass to Cobb Week 17 in Chicago on 4th down. Playoffs on the line, 4th down, at Soldier Field, just perfect.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Pokerbrat2000

Packer Fan Since:
    Great point. Probably will come in Super Bowl LIV and then again in Super Bowl LV :tup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. PackAttack12

PackAttack12 R-E-L-A-X

Packer Fan Since:
    I think both of those will be trumped by LVI. ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Ceodore

Ceodore Cheesehead

Not the most significant nor probably the most impressive, but I distinctly being on a plane to FL during the GB/Det game. Following the game on my phone watching them go down big. By the time we landed they had begun the comeback. We were staying at my in-laws and I insisted they put the game on (they're not football fans). When he made the hail mary for the win i sprinted all around the house while the rest of the people there couldn't have given less of AF.