What is your Least Favorite Packer Moment of all time?

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rodgers never wins another SB, that 2015 game against Seattle will stick out like a sore thumb. Your defense gives you five turnovers. And your star QB does nothing with it. I guess the only saving grace is we probably lose to New England anyway in the SB.

2007 doesn't hurt because that team would've been demolished by the Patriots. New England was a nightmare matchup for us. The Giants were the only team with the personnel capable of shutting them down.

SB 32 has to hurt the most. That team was outcoached and outplayed all day. I honestly think they got caught up in the NFC winning streak and thought they were going to walk all over Denver. Simply looked unprepared from the start.

Holmgren will not make the Hall of Fame. And that game is why.
And in SB 32 we played Denver because they escaped KC 14-10 in the AFC game. KC was the better team that year. I was more afraid of Schottenheimer and Derrick Thomas than I was of Elway and their coach. The year before in 96 we beat Denver 41-6 at Lambeau but lost 27-20 at KC. I even thought Parcells team the year before was better than Denver. But Favre made 2 critical errors in the first half. The INT deep in our end and the fumble when he did not see the safety blitz. Denver got a 51 yard FG. And after we forced Davis to fumble early in the 3rd all we got was a FG out of it.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to say the loss to Seattle, and the onside kick was probably the most egregious part. But I agree, that was a full team collapse and everybody contributed to it (except Crosby).

And this isn't really one of the top least favorite moments, but I just want to mention that the NFCCG against SF in 2020 was absolutely no fun at all to watch. I didn't expect the Packers to win, and they didn't disappoint me. I think SF could have won that game without throwing a single pass.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes. Full team collapse as if the whole 45 or nearly 45 came down with COVID. One bad play seemed to spark another and another.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. the slamming of McMahon
2. Bruce Clark refusing to play in titletown.
3. Denver SB loss.
4. Favre pick off in OT v NYFG
5. Bostic debacle.
6. Fail mary
7. facemask horse ***** vs az
8. 1973 - 1991
9. Ezra Johnson hot dog eating.
10. Favre/Strahan fake sack record.
11. 2021 Aaron Rodgers
That 1973-1991 is the true kicker. Any of us who knew the entire Lombardi era truly suffered in that period. It was miserable. Back then they did a special on Starr at a halftime. They showed his highlights and his lowlights to the tune of Barbra Streisand's Memories. Well. That is all WE had at the time: MEMORIES.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What made the Bostick fumble so egregious was that his assignment was to block. As a ST coordinator? Even Bostick catching it would’ve had me livid because he blatantly went rogue on assignment. Jordy was in position immediately behind him and I notated a few years ago that he was likely instructed to bat the ball out of bounds if it was within a few yards of sideline or step out of bounds and then any touching the ball would’ve been a Dead ball the second it hit the chalk or hand and game over. Bostick was supposed to eliminate the closest defender threatening the ball. It wasn’t the fumble that caused his dismissal
It was stupidity.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny thing was in 2010 and in 2013 I recall Sam Shields picking off passes in the last seconds of two games when he should have gone down.
I don't remember who it was, I just remember Peppers telling him to get down. Was he acting as a Bear infiltrator lol?

Regarding one of your other comments, I agree there are similarities between the Seattle debacle and the 4th and 26 game. When I think of one I tend to think of the other. But the Seattle game was worse, biggest choke job in history.

And in SB 32 we played Denver because they escaped KC 14-10 in the AFC game. KC was the better team that year. I was more afraid of Schottenheimer and Derrick Thomas than I was of Elway and their coach.
And yet Denver was able to win back to back Super Bowls, something no Packer team has been able to do since Lombardi. The Broncos were pretty tough the year prior also, had a 13-3 record but lost in the first round of the playoffs.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't remember who it was, I just remember Peppers telling him to get down. Was he acting as a Bear infiltrator lol?

Regarding one of your other comments, I agree there are similarities between the Seattle debacle and the 4th and 26 game. When I think of one I tend to think of the other. But the Seattle game was worse, biggest choke job in history.

And yet Denver was able to win back to back Super Bowls, something no Packer team has been able to do since Lombardi. The Broncos were pretty tough the year prior also, had a 13-3 record but lost in the first round of the playoffs.
Yes. They lost to Coughlin and Natron Means of the Jags in Denver. And Mark Brunell.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And in SB 32 we played Denver because they escaped KC 14-10 in the AFC game. KC was the better team that year. I was more afraid of Schottenheimer and Derrick Thomas than I was of Elway and their coach. The year before in 96 we beat Denver 41-6 at Lambeau but lost 27-20 at KC. I even thought Parcells team the year before was better than Denver. But Favre made 2 critical errors in the first half. The INT deep in our end and the fumble when he did not see the safety blitz. Denver got a 51 yard FG. And after we forced Davis to fumble early in the 3rd all we got was a FG out of it.
The play I remember was in the 2nd half. Freeman was wide open down the left sidelines and Favre missed him. I also thought that in general, they should have kept a back with Favre for protection. He was constantly getting pressured.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You hit it on the head. And it was Morgan Burnett not the actor Freeman. But yes. Why Peppers said to go down was ridiculous but better coaching and clock awareness would have prevented that. How far down would Morgan have gone? Good chance he gets us in or near FG range.
Yikes, Morgan Freeman..... Thanks for the correction. I just wish he had kept running. And yeah, MM decided to play not to lose about mid way through Q4. Playing not to lose is always a great way to lose.

Reaction score
Obviously looking around the league there are many choke jobs. The double doink Chicago FG, Atlanta blowing a massive lead against the Pats a few years ago, Seattle not running it from the 1 in Beast Mode etc..

but that being said, under Rodgers and Favre, we’ve been in position to put away so many big games and just floundered. Just eliminating a 4th quarter blunder play per game and we’d likely have several more SB appearances with Favre and Rodgers at the helm.

Last edited:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
but that being said, under Rodgers and Favre, we’ve been in position to put away so many big games and just floundered. Just eliminating a 4th quarter blunder play per game and we’d likely have several more SB appearances with Favre and Rodgers at the helm.
So many games seem to turn on just one or two plays.

VegasFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nick Collins breaking his neck... One of my favorite players ever. Cinderella story... Cornerstone of the defense... And they showed the replay so many times bouncing off some panthers butt... Just a little tappy tap and it ended his career... the rb who got drafted with Lacy was the second worst memory... Little guy put up like 300 yards on The bengals in the first half and then Career over.... UCLA hb... I'll look it up in a sec but it's always the career enders that I saw happen that mess with me.

Love you Nick!!! Ball hawking it!

VegasFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jonathan Franklin! Oh and my 3rd worst memory and 1 good one to boot... Every memory of Mike McCarthy.... Every one with his stupid face.... Wasted Half of Aarons career... Except that one time Jordy picked up the red flag and was like "your our coach???" "Idiot... How'd you get this job?..." And now watchinging MM singlehandedly destroy the cowgirls for the next decade.... Hahahaha why would you hire that dolt?

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You hit it on the head. All of these and a few others really hurt. But believe it or not I have to go back to my childhood. The Sunday before the JFK assassination. November17, 1963. As an adult I lived with those losses you just enumerated but on this one Sunday I cried like a widow at her husband's funeral. Both the Bears and us were 9-1 going into this one. But we had won 9 in a row. The opening day loss to them was a fluke we thought. So we wanted revenge. But Hornung was on suspension that year and Starr was still out with a broken hand. For some reason Vince did not have us ready that day. Papa Bear kicked our *** 26-7. I lost count of the turnovers and sacks. That was the season. Bears went 2-0-2 in the last 4 games and edged us out by half a game. They escaped defeat in all four of them. Lombardi would have gotten his 3rd straight in 1963 instead of 1967. Took another 2 years to go from tears of mourning to tears of joy.
The other one that came close was the 1962 famous Thanksgiving clobbering the Lions gave us 26-14. It was historic because it was are only loss of the season. Because if blackouts we did not always get an NFL game every week. Thanksgiving was a national exception. It was a shock. I cried and cried and cried. My mother was so worried about me because I would not eat my turkey dinner that day.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Little guy put up like 300 yards on The bengals in the first half and then Career over.... UCLA hb... I'll look it up in a sec but it's always the career enders that I saw happen that mess with me.
Jonathan Franklin. He did look good for one game. I always feel bad for those guys (hs, college, or pros) that get a debilitating injury that ends their career and they never made the money to help with all of the pain & medical bills.

My two worst injury moments to watch were Theisman's leg and Tim Crumrie's leg ('86 Super Bowl?). They showed the replays over and over.

One the Packers though, I will always remember the end of Roland Mitchell's career. If I remember, the flicked the ball into the flat probably for a screen. Roland ran up to make the tackle but instead ran into a pulling offensive lineman. You could see the ripples go through his body as he got hit. I think it was a herniated disc but it was like watching the shock wave from a dynamite blast go through his body. That was the end of his career.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jonathan Franklin. He did look good for one game. I always feel bad for those guys (hs, college, or pros) that get a debilitating injury that ends their career and they never made the money to help with all of the pain & medical bills.

My two worst injury moments to watch were Theisman's leg and Tim Crumrie's leg ('86 Super Bowl?). They showed the replays over and over.

One the Packers though, I will always remember the end of Roland Mitchell's career. If I remember, the flicked the ball into the flat probably for a screen. Roland ran up to make the tackle but instead ran into a pulling offensive lineman. You could see the ripples go through his body as he got hit. I think it was a herniated disc but it was like watching the shock wave from a dynamite blast go through his body. That was the end of his career.
Sad.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. the slamming of McMahon
2. Bruce Clark refusing to play in titletown.
3. Denver SB loss.
4. Favre pick off in OT v NYFG
5. Bostic debacle.
6. Fail mary
7. facemask horse ***** vs az
8. 1973 - 1991
9. Ezra Johnson hot dog eating.
10. Favre/Strahan fake sack record.
11. 2021 Aaron Rodgers
I mostly agree with this list but why the hot dog?

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A co-worker said the moment it was clear that Tony Mandarich was a bust.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They thought it was really important at the time. But The Pack were kind of mess at that time if I remember correctly. And I always loved Ezra.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
If Rodgers never wins another SB, that 2015 game against Seattle will stick out like a sore thumb. Your defense gives you five turnovers. And your star QB does nothing with it. I guess the only saving grace is we probably lose to New England anyway in the SB.
The Packers had beaten the Patriots earlier in the season, albeit at Lambeau.

2014 will forever be the one that got away.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts