What is your Least Favorite Packer Moment of all time?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2007 doesn't hurt because that team would've been demolished by the Patriots. New England was a nightmare matchup for us. The Giants were the only team with the personnel capable of shutting them down.
I hate to admit it but I felt the same. And I did not want NE to go undefeated.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2007 doesn't hurt because that team would've been demolished by the Patriots. New England was a nightmare matchup for us. The Giants were the only team with the personnel capable of shutting them down.
I understand your reasoning, but I absolutely hate losing playoff games at Lambeau. Especially since before 2003, it had never happened. That loss seemed to open the floodgates. And a cold weather game too.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The home playoff loss to Vick was bad not because it happened. I mean, we were going to lose a playoff game at home at some point. It was bad because of how we lost - like we didn't even show up for the game.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You knew this was coming. There always must be balance in the force. There was even balance in the Schwartz.

My quick list of lease favorite moments:
- 4th & 26
- the strip sack / score in overtime of the 2009 playoff game vs Arizona
- the 2015 Larry Fitzgerald overtime play in the playoffs
- Jim Zorn taking the safety in the 4th Qtr of the Bears game in 1985. That game was in our control until that point...or I suppose until Epps fielded the punt at the 4 yard line setting up the safety.
- The Fail Mary
- Brandon Bostick's muffed onside kick recovery in 2014
- Every playoff loss to the mid-90s Cowboys
Awesome thread! I'll think this one over.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The home playoff loss to Vick was bad not because it happened. I mean, we were going to lose a playoff game at home at some point. It was bad because of how we lost - like we didn't even show up for the game.
I don't remember our situation really well but I know I was planning on winning that game and then keep watching. And we did have home field that game. When we won with Rodgers we were the last seed.

Chuck47

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So long ago only the pain remains. Jerry Rice clearly traps a ball for a gain of 20 (needed 19) on 4th down in a Packers 49ers playoff game in the days before replay. Next play is a long game winning 49er TD to win and end the game.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't remember our situation really well but I know I was planning on winning that game and then keep watching. And we did have home field that game. When we won with Rodgers we were the last seed.
As has happened numerous times to numerous teams, an extremely mobile QB in Michael Vick took over the game with his legs. It also was essentially the end of the perceived home-field invincibility during the playoffs. Teams were no longer scared to come win a playoff game at Lambeau.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You knew this was coming. There always must be balance in the force. There was even balance in the Schwartz.

- 4th & 26
- Jim Zorn taking the safety in the 4th Qtr of the Bears game in 1985. That game was in our control until that point...or I suppose until Epps fielded the punt at the 4 yard line setting up the safety.
- The Fail Mary

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You hit it on the head. All of these and a few others really hurt. But believe it or not I have to go back to my childhood. The Sunday before the JFK assassination. November17, 1963. As an adult I lived with those losses you just enumerated but on this one Sunday I cried like a widow at her husband's funeral. Both the Bears and us were 9-1 going into this one. But we had won 9 in a row. The opening day loss to them was a fluke we thought. So we wanted revenge. But Hornung was on suspension that year and Starr was still out with a broken hand. For some reason Vince did not have us ready that day. Papa Bear kicked our *** 26-7. I lost count of the turnovers and sacks. That was the season. Bears went 2-0-2 in the last 4 games and edged us out by half a game. They escaped defeat in all four of them. Lombardi would have gotten his 3rd straight in 1963 instead of 1967. Took another 2 years to go from tears of mourning to tears of joy.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know the exact time when things went south for the Packers in the 2014 NFCCG against the Hags. I remember thinking the dagger in that game was Morgan Freeman's INT in the 4th quarter (I think it was Freeman) and Julius Peppers waiving him to go to the ground. Every play from that point until the end of the game in OT would qualify as my worst Packer moment. I never thought 4th and 26 could be eclipsed. I was wrong.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know the exact time when things went south for the Packers in the 2014 NFCCG against the Hags. I remember thinking the dagger in that game was Morgan Freeman's INT in the 4th quarter (I think it was Freeman) and Julius Peppers waiving him to go to the ground. Every play from that point until the end of the game in OT would qualify as my worst Packer moment. I never thought 4th and 26 could be eclipsed. I was wrong.
5 minutes or so left and I think pretty much everyone thought the game was sealed at that point but you are right, that was the point everything seemed to go south. Still, the Packers forced 5 turnovers and only managed 1 TD the whole game. Even though that last 5:00 was tough to watch it never should have gotten to that point.

Oh, and you got the Morgan part right but it was Burnett not Freeman.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM wimping out twice on the goal line during the NFCCG against the Seahawks. His fear cost the Packers a title with those two calls.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When MM decided to coach scared is when it was over.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When MM decided to coach scared is when it was over.
You hit it on the head. And it was Morgan Burnett not the actor Freeman. But yes. Why Peppers said to go down was ridiculous but better coaching and clock awareness would have prevented that. How far down would Morgan have gone? Good chance he gets us in or near FG range.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The narration would have been better with Morgan though. "Get busy running, or get busy blowing the game. That's damn right".
Funny thing was in 2010 and in 2013 I recall Sam Shields picking off passes in the last seconds of two games when he should have gone down.
Funny thing was in the 2010 Championship Shields tries to run one back with just seconds to go when he should have gone down. Then in 2013 in the season finale Shields picks Cutler with seconds to go and tries to run it back when he should have gone down again. Why couldn't Burnett be as dumb as Shield?

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 3 man rush lost that game
Always hated the 3 man rush. 99 per cent of the time it is foolish. On the famous " Owens caught it pass," Fritz used a 3 man rush. It gave Steve Young plenty of time to slip, get up, and find his target.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last year's loss vs Tampa
1)it was the most recent
2)it could have eased the blow of all the bad playoff losses. Now just left with a good, but not great team over the past 3 decades.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes. That one was on a snowy Saturday night. Our defense had a decent year but a few weeks earlier we lost players left and right. Sherman did not have enough on D to really stop anyone. We beat Vick in Week One 40-37 in OT. We could have beaten the Jets the week before and got a bye. But they made us look silly. The Falcons played like they were from Siberia and we were from the Tropics. We even had a punt blocked. Sherman did not have us ready. The takeaway from this one. Never sign a 15 year veteran MLB even if his name is Hardy Nickerson. Drafted Nick Barnett a year late.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

- 4th & 26
- The Fail Mary
Know what is eerily similar. The loss at Seattle and the loss at Philly. Both in OT. Had the game in hand late in the 4th. And in both we were stopped on 4th down near the goal line against defenses that were on their heels. In both we had to settle for FGs. The 4th and 26 was like the long one that Wilson beat us with in OT. And the aftermath was bad.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the one that left me bruised the most was the 2011-12 Divisional loss against the Giants. We lost 1 game all season (15-1) in a seaming effort to form a Run game before playoffs (KC?)
Then we get a #1 seed bye and all home games throughout, only to blow it with a miserable effort. Coincidentally it was the week after Coordinator Philbin lost his son.

For whatever reason Bosticks blunder sticks out, but somehow knowing McCarthy could spend time burying his brother just took away the sting. I’d trade that Win to give him that family time all over again and I wouldn’t think twice about it.
That hurt because a 15-1 team should never get trounced at home in its first game. Very embarrassing.

Members online

Latest posts