What is your Least Favorite Packer Moment of all time?

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You knew this was coming. There always must be balance in the force. There was even balance in the Schwartz.

My quick list of lease favorite moments:
- 4th & 26
- the strip sack / score in overtime of the 2009 playoff game vs Arizona
- the 2015 Larry Fitzgerald overtime play in the playoffs
- Jim Zorn taking the safety in the 4th Qtr of the Bears game in 1985. That game was in our control until that point...or I suppose until Epps fielded the punt at the 4 yard line setting up the safety.
- The Fail Mary
- Brandon Bostick's muffed onside kick recovery in 2014
- Every playoff loss to the mid-90s Cowboys

Reaction score
I think the one that left me bruised the most was the 2011-12 Divisional loss against the Giants. We lost 1 game all season (15-1) in a seaming effort to form a Run game before playoffs (KC?)
Then we get a #1 seed bye and all home games throughout, only to blow it with a miserable effort. Coincidentally it was the week after Coordinator Philbin lost his son.

For whatever reason Bosticks blunder sticks out, but somehow knowing McCarthy could spend time burying his brother just took away the sting. I’d trade that Win to give him that family time all over again and I wouldn’t think twice about it.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to steal from El Guapo and say the Fitzgerald pass and run in overtime. That play took a long time. If I had to choose a game, it might be when Vick ran over us in the playoffs at GB.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I`d say the Bostick screw up, although I`ve long forgiven him. The fall out from that was just plain nasty.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I`d say the Bostick screw up, although I`ve long forgiven him. The fall out from that was just plain nasty.
What makes that less painful to me is that it was just one of a series of unfortunate events in that game that led to the loss. Change any one of them and the outcome would have been different. Yes it was certainly the most glaring faux pas but it could have easily been no big deal had one or more fox paws not happened. The 2 point conversion which was mentioned comes to mind.

Losing to Denver in SB 32.
Probably my most disappointing game but when I read the post I think less of an entire game and more of a particular play in a game. I guess it depends on how you define moment.

Its hard to pick just one as my least favorite and several good ones have been mentioned. Top 5 off the top of my head would be 4th and 26, the strip sack, the fail Mary, the TO TD and Rubly Tuesdays brilliant decision to throw the damn ball. I watched that game with a bunch of friends, one of whom was a drunk off his *** viking fan who didn't say a damn word all day long until that play then he wouldn't shut up.

If you want to expand the idea of "moment" I'd certainly put the last 2 minutes of the Seattle NFCC game up there at the top.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I’ve been confused we talking moments or games, seems multiple directions taken in each of these threads?

Moments I gotta go with 4th and 26 as one of the worst that quickly came into my head

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In that Seattle meltdown, I lost my lunch when I saw Clay Matthews high-fiving and laughing on the sidelines. Then the collapse began. It was the ultimate gods retribution for celebrating victory before the clock hit zero.

Reaction score
This is incredibly easy for me.
What made the Bostick fumble so egregious was that his assignment was to block. As a ST coordinator? Even Bostick catching it would’ve had me livid because he blatantly went rogue on assignment. Jordy was in position immediately behind him and I notated a few years ago that he was likely instructed to bat the ball out of bounds if it was within a few yards of sideline or step out of bounds and then any touching the ball would’ve been a Dead ball the second it hit the chalk or hand and game over. Bostick was supposed to eliminate the closest defender threatening the ball. It wasn’t the fumble that caused his dismissal

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favres interception in overtime of NFC Championship game against the Giants. Threw it right to them. Dishonorable mention, Favre laying down for Michael Strahan so he could break the season sack record - pathetic.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. the slamming of McMahon
2. Bruce Clark refusing to play in titletown.
3. Denver SB loss.
4. Favre pick off in OT v NYFG
5. Bostic debacle.
6. Fail mary
7. facemask horse ***** vs az
8. 1973 - 1991
9. Ezra Johnson hot dog eating.
10. Favre/Strahan fake sack record.
11. 2021 Aaron Rodgers

Reaction score
Oh yeah. I didn’t consider the time Suh stepped on Deitrich-Smith. Plus Suh stepping on Rodgers! I swear Suh stepped on me once on the way to the bathrooms but he disappeared into the bleachers. I was totally going to slap him around I guess he got scared :whistling:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about the other dozen plays that, if not screwed up, would have made this one irrelevant?
I have to say the loss to Seattle, and the onside kick was probably the most egregious part. But I agree, that was a full team collapse and everybody contributed to it (except Crosby).

And this isn't really one of the top least favorite moments, but I just want to mention that the NFCCG against SF in 2020 was absolutely no fun at all to watch. I didn't expect the Packers to win, and they didn't disappoint me. I think SF could have won that game without throwing a single pass.

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rodgers never wins another SB, that 2015 game against Seattle will stick out like a sore thumb. Your defense gives you five turnovers. And your star QB does nothing with it. I guess the only saving grace is we probably lose to New England anyway in the SB.

2007 doesn't hurt because that team would've been demolished by the Patriots. New England was a nightmare matchup for us. The Giants were the only team with the personnel capable of shutting them down.

SB 32 has to hurt the most. That team was outcoached and outplayed all day. I honestly think they got caught up in the NFC winning streak and thought they were going to walk all over Denver. Simply looked unprepared from the start.

Holmgren will not make the Hall of Fame. And that game is why.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SB 32 has to hurt the most. That team was outcoached and outplayed all day. I honestly think they got caught up in the NFC winning streak and thought they were going to walk all over Denver. Simply looked unprepared from the start.
That loss never bothered me that much. Probably because even though I was anticipating a win, I had a bad feeling Denver might win. I had been studying the Broncos in the weeks leading up to the game, and I couldn't figure out why we were so heavily favored. The two teams looked pretty evenly matched to me. And it was a good game. As you say, it was partly because of the NFC winning streak, and partly because we were defending champs.

That is one I'd like to have another shot at though. Play that game 10 times, and we might even win five or six of them. Maybe.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That loss never bothered me that much. Probably because even though I was anticipating a win, I had a bad feeling Denver might win. I had been studying the Broncos in the weeks leading up to the game, and I couldn't figure out why we were so heavily favored. The two teams looked pretty evenly matched to me. And it was a good game. As you say, it was partly because of the NFC winning streak, and partly because we were defending champs.

That is one I'd like to have another shot at though. Play that game 10 times, and we might even win five or six of them. Maybe.

The third reason we were so heavily favored was because up to that point, Elway had been 0-3 in Super Bowls, getting blown out every time - the Greatest Choker of All-Time.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The third reason we were so heavily favored was because up to that point, Elway had been 0-3 in Super Bowls, getting blown out every time - the Greatest Choker of All-Time.
Ah yes, that's true, I forgot about that. But he went from Greatest Choker to Helicopter Man.

Latest posts