What is going on with Rodgers?

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only point we are trying to make is that, there are others who have handled it better. And you don't have to point out a grown man's mistakes on the field in disgust. He's a human, he knows when he makes errors, and my guess is he doesn't want to be fired so I doubt he is doing it intentionally. Also I maybe wrong in this, but isn't that the coaches job? Not to say Aaron can't help. But if someone is really going to get on a wide receiver... Shouldn't that be a coach? Shouldn't the quarterback be defending the guy he is battling with?

There are places to voice your concerns but in the middle of the game in the spotlight is not that place. Neither is the media. You don't need to point out their flaws as many other famous quarterbacks have avoided doing over time. Embrace it and man up, and put your big boy ******* on. Fight for the guy next to you and its more likely he fights harder for you.

Furthermore, in my opinion screaming at him or looking at a fellow co-worker with disdain will likely not help him preform at a higher level. In my experience that makes a person try less, be more self conscience and try to avoid being the center of fault.
I defend Rodgers a lot, but I'm surprised by that as well. I'm not a fan of the interviews right after games, but I'm also not big on throwing people under the bus, though I don't think he has gone overboard. But he seems to be a literal guy, as opposed to throwing a bunch of cliche lines out there like many do.

But I accept that Rodgers is a different personality than Brady or Manning. He's probably not going to be on the panel of Fox or ESPN for his next career. He actually appears to have some decent acting chops relative to almost any other athlete, and you know how odd most of those types of people are.

Tacklynn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And what about that comment about trying to get the ball to Woods on on that pick. I know it was sarcasm but pretty uncalled for in my opinion.

I completely agree although I think contempt is a little strong. I am about as big of Rodgers fan as there is but his attitude needs to change. I am fine when he is being bold with players but I dont like the look of disgust

My theory on Rodgers' press conference and late game interception: Rodgers is disgusted with the lack of preparation and lackadaisical attitudes of some of the younger players. He threw the pass to Woodson as a gift that shows loyalty to an old school player who both prepared and executed, which helped them win a Super Bowl together. That late-in-the-game long ball was the middle finger to those Packers who do not strive for excellence in Rodgers' view, like Woodson does. When Woodson didn't get the interception, Rodger's angry reaction was because the other player caught it.

On to the press conference. Rodgers' unhappiness with his team was combined with his disappointment that his "gift" to Woodson was intercepted by the other guy instead of giving Woodson priority. There's a shift in player priorities and respect that Rodgers doesn't get and doesn't like. He feels lost and helpless and really pissed. It all came to a head in the press conference.

King of Jeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he is just trying to hard. There is obviously more to it than that, but that is what stands out to me. He knows he's supposed to be the superstar, the guy who puts the team on his back and comes out on top. He is over-anxious. He is not loose and focused. He seems impatient and distracted. Clearly all season we have seen that Rodgers and his receivers are not on the same page. now I don't know why that is, but it could be the fact that ours receivers are QUITE slow. Slow receivers + an over-anxious QB does not work out. Rodgers is hurrying the throw and throwing it where he thinks they SHOULD be, rather than where they actually are. Rodgers is not enjoying the game like he used to. He is getting too emotional on the field, he looks miserable. The comparisons to Cutler I totally understand. He needs to take a deep breath and work WITH his teammates to find a balanced and successful offense, as opposed to losing his cool and placing blame.

Another big factor is the **** poor run blocking we've seen this season. There is absolutely nowhere for any of our backs to go. Most of our plays on the ground are standard North-South and push the pile for a few yards, or try to get around the outside but end up getting tackled for losses because the blocking is so bad. Not having much of a running game has really hurt the passing game, and screws up the offense.

Another contributing factor is we have seen a lot of Rodgers just throwing the ball away. He's so concerned with not throwing INTs (but I don't know WTF was going on for that pass to the endzone yesterday) the receivers aren't getting enough separation as he would like, and rather than take a chance on the pass in he simply throws it away.

This is going back to the run-blocking a bit, but another problem is that 3rd and short has been a big problem for us. We are seeing quite a few drives end because we can't convert on 3rd and short. Those are drives that need to be extended, and maybe come away with points a little often.

All this being said I think our biggest problem is CONSISTENCY. We have seen this offense look pretty damn good for a few games, and then go completely stagnant in others. We were rolling the first few weeks, and then IDK something the other teams caught on tape maybe slowed us down. Regardless, this team is down and not out. I have the confidence that this team has the ability to put it all together. And if that happens at the right time, we might have a dark horse for the playoffs.

Anyways, that's just my 3 or 4 cents. Go pack go!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that late pass that was ultimately intercepted was a poor choice from the start, but it's pretty much what a lot of people have been asking for all year. Give the receivers a chance to go up and make a play. I would like to see a replay, but have not found one, because i'm just going off what I remember seeing live.

Like I said, I don't think it was a wise play choice or throw at that point to begin with. But I think Janis was in position to make a play, to go up and fight for the ball and make a play, at the very least, get interfered with. There's plays like that all over the league every week. I watch parts of other games every week and see the receivers making tough catches and think, "remember when GB's receivers did that every week?"

But regardless of the play call and where the pass was thrown, it was there for Janis to go up and make a play, like everyone has been calling for all year, give the receivers a chance, and he didn't. He took himself right out of the play, and horribly so. Instead of fighting for the ball, he gave the defense an easy INT.

he's a special teams ace. it seems 3 people can't block him on coverages and if he hits a small crease at speed on returns he's 30 yards downfield before anyone can slow him down enough to get him to the ground. But in his limited role as receiver, I think it's obvious why he's not on the field. He doesn't have even average skills when the ball is in the air and he had a critical drop on the slant for what would have been a 1st down on a ball that was about as perfect as you can expect for the route.

ETA: ok, I found it

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-...David-Amerson-picks-off-Packers-Aaron-Rodgers

The pass could have been further, higher, etc, but Janis vacated the area where the ball was going to be and left it open for the defenders to jump in and make the play. Not a great ball, but the receiver again, did no favors for Rodgers.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Thanks for the replay on that one Mondio.....looking at it again, I don't fault Janis as much as I originally thought that he deserved some of it. AR gets that ball higher and 5 yards deeper to the corner of the endzone and Janis is the only guy with a shot at it. But Janis did not have much of a shot to go defensive on that one. That was one AR definitely should have thrown away or taken the sack to keep the clock running. Of course it didn't help the play one bit that Mack was left untouched on a blitz by Richard Rodgers and then by Perillo. Not sure who blew an assignment there.

One thing this play does emphasize though, for those thinking AR just needs to "loosen up" and take more chances by "throwing the ball up", this is what typically happens when you do. I'm just glad it happened with a 10 point lead and 2:36 on the clock.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
It came from Driver as well, regarding leadership...

"We’ve always said that the quarterback is the one that needs to take the pressure off everyone else. If a guy runs the wrong route, it’s easy for the quarterback to say, ‘Hey, I told him to run that route’ than for the guy to be like, ‘Well, I ran the wrong route.’ Sometimes you ask Aaron to take the pressure off the guys so we won’t look bad, but he didn’t want to do that. He felt like if you did something bad, you do it. But I think that’s the difference. You want that leadership, and I think sometimes you may not feel like you got it. You have to earn that respect at the end of the day, and I think that’s what Greg was probably referring to.”

If you are quoting from an article, please leave a citation.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
My theory on Rodgers' press conference and late game interception: Rodgers is disgusted with the lack of preparation and lackadaisical attitudes of some of the younger players. He threw the pass to Woodson as a gift that shows loyalty to an old school player who both prepared and executed, which helped them win a Super Bowl together. That late-in-the-game long ball was the middle finger to those Packers who do not strive for excellence in Rodgers' view, like Woodson does. When Woodson didn't get the interception, Rodger's angry reaction was because the other player caught it.

On to the press conference. Rodgers' unhappiness with his team was combined with his disappointment that his "gift" to Woodson was intercepted by the other guy instead of giving Woodson priority. There's a shift in player priorities and respect that Rodgers doesn't get and doesn't like. He feels lost and helpless and really pissed. It all came to a head in the press conference.

You really think that Rodgers purposely threw the ball to Woodson? Wow. Ok.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This is outrageous on the face of it... As a competitor you NEVER give the other team anything they don't deserve. That breaks the standards of the game, and is one step away from throwing a game. Which I don't believe for a second.

Could he have tossed the pass in frustration, sure... Happens all the time, but if that was the case (Not saying it was cause I don't believe it) he really needs to get his stuff together and realize he is the heartbeat of that offense. If he is down other players will be down.

My view was, it was a bad pass... Stuff happens, defense made a play and Janis ran himself out of it. Not really as a big of a deal as some seem to think. It was only 1 throw afterall.

And the one that disturbed me more was the one to JJ (I think) down the sideline earlier in the game when he had no one within 10 yards and Rodgers skyed it on him, and they lost a big play. Even that play is just one pass, just not used to seeing Rodgers miss those.

I know a lot of people want to blame the missed deep balls on Jordy, but Aaron has been hitting them when they are there either. Maybe its that Aaron and Jordy did more work on this and he just cant seem to get a feel for anyone else on those types of throws.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is outrageous on the face of it... As a competitor you NEVER give the other team anything they don't deserve. That breaks the standards of the game, and is one step away from throwing a game. Which I don't believe for a second.

Could he have tossed the pass in frustration, sure... Happens all the time, but if that was the case (Not saying it was cause I don't believe it) he really needs to get his stuff together and realize he is the heartbeat of that offense. If he is down other players will be down.

My view was, it was a bad pass... Stuff happens, defense made a play and Janis ran himself out of it. Not really as a big of a deal as some seem to think. It was only 1 throw afterall.

And the one that disturbed me more was the one to JJ (I think) down the sideline earlier in the game when he had no one within 10 yards and Rodgers skyed it on him, and they lost a big play. Even that play is just one pass, just not used to seeing Rodgers miss those.

I know a lot of people want to blame the missed deep balls on Jordy, but Aaron has been hitting them when they are there either. Maybe its that Aaron and Jordy did more work on this and he just cant seem to get a feel for anyone else on those types of throws.
I think he was joking.

DON BARRETT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you are a Good QB in the NFL......You know if your receivers are doing their job, running routes correctly and such. If Aaron has some input and sees improvement in other players he should know and who is doing their best on the field. Just like any company you work for the workers know about what goes on more than the management does.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the replay on that one Mondio.....looking at it again, I don't fault Janis as much as I originally thought that he deserved some of it. AR gets that ball higher and 5 yards deeper to the corner of the endzone and Janis is the only guy with a shot at it. But Janis did not have much of a shot to go defensive on that one. That was one AR definitely should have thrown away or taken the sack to keep the clock running. Of course it didn't help the play one bit that Mack was left untouched on a blitz by Richard Rodgers and then by Perillo. Not sure who blew an assignment there.

One thing this play does emphasize though, for those thinking AR just needs to "loosen up" and take more chances by "throwing the ball up", this is what typically happens when you do. I'm just glad it happened with a 10 point lead and 2:36 on the clock.
It didn't look as bad as I thought after watching the replay either. The ball should have been deeper, but it wasn't. Tough throw, under pressure, in the rain all day, not excuses, but understandable. Just as it would have been tough for Janis to make that catch, the only part that really bothers me is rather than attacking the ball, he vacated the area and jumped backwards leaving an easy INT for 2 defenders.

He was running along the goal line and could have slowed and and attacked the ball at the goal line, IMO he has a good chance to get a PI, instead he slowed and then jumped 3 yards deeper into the endzone.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you are a Good QB in the NFL......You know if your receivers are doing their job, running routes correctly and such. If Aaron has some input and sees improvement in other players he should know and who is doing their best on the field. Just like any company you work for the workers know about what goes on more than the management does.

I am manager at one of the top 20 companies in the world... And Ill tell you this. If I looked at employees with the disgust and disdain that Rodgers does to his peers. I'd be fired no matter how good I was at my job. Especially if there were others in viewing my work. As a leader you are expected to help bring up the level of your employees, not make them afraid of disappointing you.

Football is a different world, than that of a business of course. BUT that doesn't change how the human mind responds. People in general will never respond to being looked down upon or embarrassed by a peer in a positive way, especially in the plain viewpoint of on lookers. This is simple psychology. It will make them close up and not want to work with them at all. These are all grown men, and yelling at them isn't going to make them run faster, or catch better. Instead of letting their mind be free and make plays they are now worried, if I don't catch this he is going to be PISSED.

A lot better way to do is to encourage, say you will get the ball in a better spot or you are looking at them on the next play. Hit that route hard and Ill have the ball on you. Instill confidence in them. That is how you get the most of people. This isn't a secret, there are thousands of leadership book out there, and I can guarantee that none of them recommend embarrassing your employees or peers in front of others. None of them recommend you looking down on them. None of them recommend you bringing your concerns to people not involved directly in the situation.

These are grown adults with kids of their own. Yelling at them like children doesn't tighten a bond. That's not leadership and not someone anyone would want to work for.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
He threw the pass to Woodson as a gift that shows loyalty to an old school player who both prepared and executed, which helped them win a Super Bowl together. That late-in-the-game long ball was the middle finger to those Packers who do not strive for excellence in Rodgers' view, like Woodson does. When Woodson didn't get the interception, Rodger's angry reaction was because the other player caught it.
Even though this is just your theory, I hope it was meant as a joke as some have suggested - IMO it's clear Rodgers' comment after the game was clearly intended as a joke.

IMO Rodgers just under threw that pass. I think he was attempting to give Janis a chance to win a "jump ball". What was most curious to me about the play is as Janis and the two Raiders were moving to Rodgers' right, as the ball arrives Janis' momentum - which again appeared to be toward the sideline - changed to going deeper in the EZ. If he misjudged that ball that badly, that's not a good sign going forward for him. Even so, because the ball was under thrown, I don't think Janis had a chance to catch the ball or even break it up.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ARod holds a lot inside because he respects the game, the team, and the fans. He is pressing this year. He holds the offense to a higher standard. Winning because your defense played well does not sit right with him when most of the money went to the offensive side of the ball. Losing to teams like the Bears and Lions hurts more than losing to an elite team like Carolina or Arizona. Those division foes he always shreds year after year. He does not have the receiving corp... No big play tight end, no tall long ball threat, no consistent 3rd down hands receiver. It is forcing him to do everything perfectly. And face it. Our receivers are not making great catches like they once did. And they are dropping even the easiest of throws. It would be frustrating for any QB. I think he knows this is not a SB contender like they were last year.

OP
OP
JP Doyal

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
Aaron needed this version of himself for the media...
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ARod holds a lot inside because he respects the game, the team, and the fans. He is pressing this year. He holds the offense to a higher standard. Winning because your defense played well does not sit right with him when most of the money went to the offensive side of the ball. Losing to teams like the Bears and Lions hurts more than losing to an elite team like Carolina or Arizona. Those division foes he always shreds year after year. He does not have the receiving corp... No big play tight end, no tall long ball threat, no consistent 3rd down hands receiver. It is forcing him to do everything perfectly. And face it. Our receivers are not making great catches like they once did. And they are dropping even the easiest of throws. It would be frustrating for any QB. I think he knows this is not a SB contender like they were last year.

I never could understand this train of thought...

So because others are not performing they way they are capable of. The best thing to do is have your leader start having outburst on the field and talking in the media? Dropping his level of commitment and professionalism. That's an excuse, and a weakness of character. That isn't appropriate and would not be tolerated in many other professional fields. But because he is rich and famous and plays football (with soooo much stress on his life) it is acceptable for him to have these character flaws.

One thing you learn over the course of working with people in any type of job or even schooling. Is that others can/will disappoint you at times. And that you are 1000% times better off supporting and helping them, then you are criticizing and belittling them. If they feel bonded with you they will do EVERYTHING possible to be better. If you make them inferior and not worthy they will go the opposite way and start to question every move that they make.

I just don't understand how people can defend this portion... Is it the end of the world? No. But Aaron is responsible for Aaron. It's not the receivers fault that Aaron gets frustrated. It's his fault that he chooses to handle it in the way he does. I have already pointed out the huge difference in the two styles and who I personally would rather work for or go to battle for.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, not trying to sound flippant here, but did I miss something that AR said/did behind closed doors or in the media? I don't see anything but a highly competitive guy speaking his mind. I have heard him be ******* himself as well as teammates. Have heard him alibi for teammates and coaches as well. But when he has done this, IMO, it has been in a constructive way, not in a self centered way. I have also heard him be highly complimentary of others when earned.

You want to point fingers of blame for what we hear, blame the media and fans for always wanting answers to things that don't have simple answers. From what I have seen, AR is constantly being hounded for answers as to "what is wrong with the offense?" Not too mention all the speculation the media/fans have decided to toss in about his personal life for nothing more then shock value. So those expecting a highly competitive cognitive guy to just stand their doe-eyed and say "I don't know", "All is well", "This is all my fault".....etc, Then stop asking the questions and even better.....stop listening to answers you don't want to hear.

Last edited:

Tacklynn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You really think that Rodgers purposely threw the ball to Woodson? Wow. Ok.

I remember there was something with Favre one time. I think they let the other team sack him gently one time so a player could get a record and the announcers talked about it. So I think it happens.

After the Packers-Raiders game when I found out Woodson was retiring I thought that was even more probable--especially since Woodson and Rodgers were chatting before the game. Maybe Woodson told Rodgers about his retirement. Maybe they even discussed a send-off.

Without all the other factors including the pouty press conference by Rodgers the possibility of gifting Woodson would not have occurred to me. Maybe it was a Freudian pass.

We'll have to wait for Rodgers' memoirs to find out for sure. I'll have to wait until the library acquires that work of literature.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, not trying to sound flippant here, but did I miss something that AR said/did behind closed doors or in the media? I don't see anything but a highly competitive guy speaking his mind. I have heard him be ******* himself as well as teammates. Have heard him alibi for teammates and coaches as well. But when he has done this, IMO, it has been in a constructive way, not in a self centered way. I have also heard him be highly complimentary of others when earned.

You want to point fingers of blame for what we hear, blame the media and fans for always wanting answers to things that don't have simple answers. From what I have seen, AR is constantly being hounded for answers as to "what is wrong with the offense?" Not too mention all the speculation the media/fans have decided to toss in about his personal life just for fun. So those expecting a highly competitive cognitive guy just to stand their doe-eyed and say "I don't know", "All is well", "This is all my fault".....etc, Then stop asking the questions and even better.....stop listening to answers you don't want to hear.

So now it's the media's fault because Aaron can't be bothered to answer the same question multiple times.?. What kind of logic is that? That logic works NO WHERE. No real job would accept, ohh i have been asked to many times so I threw my team under the bus and scream at them. NBD

Aaron isn't special.... Every qb gets asked this... Manning Brady Brees have been hounded about this for years, yet they give nothing but praise for others and take the blame square on their chin every time. Receiver blantanly drops 6 passes in a game and Brady say. That was my fault. Some may have hit his hands but they could have been in the sweet spot and I need to work on that. We have all the confidence in the world in him and I need to do a better job passing.

Which is why only 1 of Brady, Brees Manning, and Rodgers has multiple past receivers that haunt him about his leadership. Yet everyone in Green Bay seems opposed to even considering this given all the data. It's the media's fault, receivers fault, the running backs fault, the young player, the work ethic, the coaches fault... Yes the receivers suck it up lately but that has nothing to do with how Rodgers chooses to live. Nor is it even remotely helpful or "competitive". A competitor would know that is a huge mistake that is only going to bring his team down further. And if he wanted to be more "competitive" maybe learn the finer points of controlling emotions and leadership theories.

For one, I am really OK if this is a character flaw of his... Because of the many things on the field that he does do exceptionally. But at the same time I won't ignore all of the stuff that points to him just purely sucking as a leader.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
So now it's the media's fault because Aaron can't be bothered to answer the same question multiple times.?. What kind of logic is that? That logic works NO WHERE. No real job would accept, ohh i have been asked to many times so I threw my team under the bus and scream at them. NBD

For one, I am really OK if this is a character flaw of his... Because of the many things on the field that he does do exceptionally. But at the same time I won't ignore all of the stuff that points to him just purely sucking as a leader.

Where did I ever say Rodgers shouldn't have to answer media questions? How are his answers a "character flaw"? Is he blaming his mistakes solely on others? Or is he telling it like it is?

Rodgers is getting asked the same questions over and over. "Asked and answered". If you expect him to stand stoned faced like General Patton, you got the wrong guy.

Let me know when and how Rodgers threw his team under the bus? Yelling at them? When was this? If he had yelled at them....which I haven't seen or even heard of, isn't that a trait of a leader? Now you have me even more confused.

Ever watch Ray Lewis play for the Ravens? He is known as one of the great defensive leaders of all time. Ever see/hear him speak out to his teammates? Ever hear him talk real about what was happening?

AR is not a CEO of a business like you keep referring to. He is the quarterback of a professional football team. Maybe you want to make him out to be someone who should be a great leader and he falls short of this in your eyes, but I will take him for who he is and what he brings to the field.

Answer this poll question and see how many people agree with you.

http://www.jsonline.com/polls/188446761.html?

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Aaron isn't special.... Every qb gets asked this... Manning Brady Brees have been hounded about this for years, yet they give nothing but praise for others and take the blame square on their chin every time. Receiver blantanly drops 6 passes in a game and Brady say. That was my fault. Some may have hit his hands but they could have been in the sweet spot and I need to work on that. We have all the confidence in the world in him and I need to do a better job passing.

Which is why only 1 of Brady, Brees Manning, and Rodgers has multiple past receivers that haunt him about his leadership. Yet everyone in Green Bay seems opposed to even considering this given all the data. It's the media's fault, receivers fault, the running backs fault, the young player, the work ethic, the coaches fault... Yes the receivers suck it up lately but that has nothing to do with how Rodgers chooses to live. Nor is it even remotely helpful or "competitive". A competitor would know that is a huge mistake that is only going to bring his team down further. And if he wanted to be more "competitive" maybe learn the finer points of controlling emotions and leadership theories.

Like Tiki Barber questioning Eli's leadership after he left, nobody really gives a crap. He's their teammate, not the freaking coach. When the ball is in his hands, he plays like a leader.

When Seattle was about to drive the ball down the field at the end of the SB and score, was Brady keeping everyone's spirits high on the sideline? No, he was pouting like a kid who was about to have his toy taken away.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
When the ball is in his hands, he plays like a leader.

Simply put, but spot on.

Even Payton Manning made back handed comments about his offensive line during his career. Aaron Rodgers coming out and saying "guys need to spend more time with their playbooks and less time playing video games" may sound back handed to some, but hey "if the shoe fits, wear it". I do not interpret that as throwing your teammates under the bus more then I read it as "you want this team to succeed, then put the work in like the rest of us".

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where did I ever say Rodgers shouldn't have to answer media questions? How are his answers a "character flaw"? Is he blaming his mistakes solely on others? Or is he telling it like it is?

Rodgers is getting asked the same questions over and over. "Asked and answered". If you expect him to stand stoned faced like General Patton, you got the wrong guy.

Let me know when and how Rodgers threw his team under the bus? Yelling at them? When was this? If he had yelled at them....which I haven't seen or even heard of, isn't that a trait of a leader? Now you have me even more confused.

Ever watch Ray Lewis play for the Ravens? He is known as one of the great defensive leaders of all time. Ever see/hear him speak out to his teammates? Ever hear him talk real about what was happening?

AR is not a CEO of a business like you keep referring to. He is the quarterback of a professional football team. Maybe you want to make him out to be someone who should be a great leader and he falls short of this in your eyes, but I will take him for who he is and what he brings to the field.

Answer this poll question and see how many people agree with you.

http://www.jsonline.com/polls/188446761.html?

No what you stated is we should stop listening to his answers... Because he is hounded too constantly about this situation to keep his cool all the time and that it is forgivable. In my mind it isn't... That's just an excuse. No one gives me a free ride at work, and says it's ok because its hard to say the right thing all the time.

Maybe we are watching different games. It happens constantly.... Hanging his head, throwing up his arms, snears at his receivers. And no that isn't the trait of leader lol. It's typically a sign of loss of self confidence. True leaders take it on the chin... Why? Because they can. They can handle it, that is their job as leader. To instill confidence in the players around him.

Does the president yell at people? Do big corporation CEO's belittle people? Do real leaders in any type of serious business yell? Unless you are in construction, or factory work... That behavior isn't tolerated as it is anti-productive and proven to get less out of people. . And even if that was someones job... That is McCarthy's job.

I have no basis of what this poll even is... Is it ex-players, packers fans, nfl players? When was it posted? This week? 2009? If it's Packer fans, that is the most biased poll on the face of the earth. Could you get a little more objective if you are going to place a poll, even an espn nationwide poll would be more unbias.

Members online

Latest posts