What is going on with Rodgers?

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like Tiki Barber questioning Eli's leadership after he left, nobody really gives a crap. He's their teammate, not the freaking coach. When the ball is in his hands, he plays like a leader.

I understand that you don't believe leadership matters... But I am of a different belief. I think one of the big difference between this team and 2011 if lack of leadership, and positive motivation. Also to me why the defense can play with fire week in and week out and the offense looks BLAH. Someone on the defense has them fired up. IMO they play above there talent level more often than not.

No, he was pouting like a kid who was about to have his toy taken away.

I have the Super Bowl at home, and I am not saying this didn't happen I just don't remember it. So Ill go back tonight and watch. Get back to you on this.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I have no basis of what this poll even is... Is it ex-players, packers fans, nfl players? When was it posted? This week? 2009? If it's Packer fans, that is the most biased poll on the face of the earth. Could you get a little more objective if you are going to place a poll, even an espn nationwide poll would be more unbias.

I guess if I wanted a poll that actually mattered and meant something on this subject, I would want it to come from Packer fans/players. You may call that bias, I guess I would call it pertinent information from those it matters most to. Just as I would have no interest in a poll that asked me if "Joe Smith was a great leader at Widgets Are Us". We aren't electing a president here, some of us just disagree on the abilities of AR to lead a team and I would say that his track record proves you wrong. But that is my opinion. BTW...you refer to 2011, who was the QB then?

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess if I wanted a poll that actually mattered and meant something on this subject, I would want it to come from Packer fans/players. You may call that bias, I guess I would call it pertinent information from those it matters most to. Just as I would have no interest in a poll that asked me if "Joe Smith was a great leader at Widgets Are Us". We aren't electing a president here, some of us just disagree on the abilities of AR to lead a team and I would say that his track record proves you wrong. But that is my opinion. BTW...you refer to 2011, who was the QB then?

I think many would argue the leaders of that team were Woodson and Driver...

You're sense of leader is someone that plays well... (which Rodgers played fantastically) Which is a valid opinion but it is not the same definition I have of a leader.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think many would argue the leaders of that team were Woodson and Driver...

You're sense of leader is someone that plays well... (which Rodgers played fantastically) Which is a valid opinion but it is not the same definition I have of a leader.

To be fair, game performance is the only leadership metric we are at all qualified as fans to comment on. We dunno squat about how these guys are in a locker room, in the huddle, at home, or in practices.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be fair, game performance is the only leadership metric we are at all qualified as fans to comment on. We dunno squat about how these guys are in a locker room, in the huddle, at home, or in practices.

I agree to a certain degree... Until you get multiple complaints from past receivers, and start to see it for yourself what they are talking about on TV. At this point there are multiple media stories regarding his demeanor. It's not based on nothing either. But I will agree the sources could all be wrong.

Just to make sure others understand this has nothing to do with work ethic, ability to play the position, smarts... None of that. Leadership is completely separate of all of those things. All of which Rodgers is amazing at.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Without all the other factors including the pouty press conference by Rodgers the possibility of gifting Woodson would not have occurred to me. Maybe it was a Freudian pass.

So you're saying Rodgers put gifting Woodson more important than putting Packers in play offs?

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
So because others are not performing they way they are capable of. The best thing to do is have your leader start having outburst on the field and talking in the media? Dropping his level of commitment and professionalism. That's an excuse, and a weakness of character. That isn't appropriate and would not be tolerated in many other professional fields. But because he is rich and famous and plays football (with soooo much stress on his life) it is acceptable for him to have these character flaws. One thing you learn over the course of working with people in any type of job or even schooling. Is that others can/will disappoint you at times. And that you are 1000% times better off supporting and helping them, then you are criticizing and belittling them. If they feel bonded with you they will do EVERYTHING possible to be better. If you make them inferior and not worthy they will go the opposite way and start to question every move that they make.
You know for someone who claims to have no agenda regarding Rodgers, you sure do post a lot about his off-field behavior. :D How does Rodgers being emotional on the field or how he talks to the media show a lack of commitment? The former could be indicative of commitment and the latter really doesn't matter much in that regard. And BTW I see a bit of envy in your post: Does it bother you Rodgers is rich and famous? If not, why mention it?

Lombardi was a genius with regard to leadership and motivating others, and he didn’t coddle his players as you suggest. Instead he loudly berated, publicly embarrassed, and publicly and sometimes privately encouraged them. Read Jerry Kramer’s books and quotes from other players and you’ll know his genius was in knowing what form of motivation was needed by each player. Of course I’m not saying Rodgers’ is engaging in this kind of motivation. Only that the one size fits all leadership/motivation that may work well in middle management of a corporation doesn’t translate to a football field.

BTW, as I remember the Super Bowl 45 team the team leader was clearly Woodson. And the leader of the offense was clearly Rodgers. But I understand why you wouldn't want to acknowledge that.

Tacklynn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was Michael Strahan of the Giants

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/228065491.html

If Rodgers had wanted to send Woodson off with an interception, he would have.

Thanks for your good memory and sports knowledge.

-----------------
With all this angst and conflict, it would make for a more dramatic Super Bowl win for the Packers. It might even be fodder for a movie about this season some day, starting with the Seattle game of last year. Then we can debate who will be playing Aaron Rodgers and Mike McCarthy.

Tacklynn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you're saying Rodgers put gifting Woodson more important than putting Packers in play offs?

No, I would not have even thought about such a gift to Woodson if the score had been close at the time the interception was thrown. Trading a spot in the playoffs for a goodwill sendoff I don't think would ever be considered. I probably would not have thought about a gift to Woodson if there had not been such a bizarre postgame press conference by Rodgers. Then there's Woodson's announced retirement. All those factors together make me think it could have been a "loyalty throw."

But Pokerbrat2000 may have negated the whole theory with the observation: "If Rodgers had wanted to send Woodson off with an interception, he would have."

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree to a certain degree... Until you get multiple complaints from past receivers, and start to see it for yourself what they are talking about on TV. At this point there are multiple media stories regarding his demeanor. It's not based on nothing either. But I will agree the sources could all be wrong.

Just to make sure others understand this has nothing to do with work ethic, ability to play the position, smarts... None of that. Leadership is completely separate of all of those things. All of which Rodgers is amazing at.
Yeah, even his current teammates dismiss him and have no respect for him. The way Raji and Matthews got their discount double check on at State Farm knowing good and well they were infringing on his move just shows they don't respect him as a leader. If Brady were the QB and State Farm Stole his move, they would have been looking elsewhere for car insurance.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know for someone who claims to have no agenda regarding Rodgers, you sure do post a lot about his off-field behavior. :D How does Rodgers being emotional on the field or how he talks to the media show a lack of commitment? The former could be indicative of commitment and the latter really doesn't matter much in that regard. And BTW I see a bit of envy in your post: Does it bother you Rodgers is rich and famous? If not, why mention it?

Lol I was waiting for you!

I think that is because I find NFL quarterbacks in general fascinating. I post about about plenty of things though... On Ty Montgomery, the Arizona game, playoff odds, Rodgers being a coach! lol, and Woodson's retirement. But yes, I do take a liking to quarterback and cornerbacks oddly more than other things.

Envy? Ummm sure, I suppose that is correct. I think anyone that stated they didn't would be lying. Who doesn't want to travel 6 months out of year... Visit every place ever seen in books. That's awesome stuff! Plus I could pay for Packer tickets to every game home/away and private jets to take me. But as people no... I truly do not. Besides the honest truth if I envied anyones life it's Brady's... Supermodel wife who makes more money than he does... 4x super bowl champ. And I don't talk badly about him. Aaron has a better arm.. Brady is better leader. That's how I see that. No hate for either. Just objective opinion.

Lombardi was a genius with regard to leadership and motivating others, and he didn’t coddle his players as you suggest. Instead he loudly berated, publicly embarrassed, and publicly and sometimes privately encouraged them. Read Jerry Kramer’s books and quotes from other players and you’ll know his genius was in knowing what form of motivation was needed by each player. Of course I’m not saying Rodgers’ is engaging in this kind of motivation. Only that the one size fits all leadership/motivation that may work well in middle management of a corporation doesn’t translate to a football field.

I remember Lomardi (EDIT: I wasn't alive then I'm not young, but I was raised in the biggest Packers house ever, still visit my family for games on Sunday, we watch during thanksgiving dinner, its part of who we are. I watched so many old games growing up its insane.)... So many differences though. 1 that 60 years ago. What worked then doesn't work now... Fortune 500 companies use to get drunk during the day and smoke in the office. They were successful back then too. Doesn't mean that would work now. Businesses are more successful and you need to step or game or get left behind.

Look at the absolute GREATEST coaches in the last 20 years... Phil Jackson, Gregg Popovich, Bill Belichick... All quiet. Never had to scream. The only person I could think of different that could be included with those coaches is maybe Jimmy Johnson. He was the loudest of those 4. If I miss someone, please point it out... But I am talking not even hall of fame coaches... But the best of their generations type.

Another key difference is Lombardi is a coach, not a player... Different dynamic completely to the guys that are out on the field with you.

Also, I do take slight offense to this middle management garbage. In the business world, Aaron and his paycheck is middle of the road and mediocre at best. Some of the people I work with daily make more in a year than he will make in his career of being a professional athlete. Hold triple doctorate and prestigious awards for things much more valuable than throwing a football. So please don't try to dismiss my statement because business isn't worthy or up to the standards of pro football leadership. In fact if anything is the case, it's the other way around. (Sorry for this paragraph but if we can stay off taking digs at my personal life that would be much appreciated.)

The reason me and you differ is because you think there is something magical about leading football players, than there is in any other walk of life... It's the same thing they teach you in the military, business... It doesn't matter.

BTW, as I remember the Super Bowl 45 team the team leader was clearly Woodson. And the leader of the offense was clearly Rodgers. But I understand why you wouldn't want to acknowledge that.

This is the honest to god truth I am never heard that... All I ever heard was we did this for Wood, and all about his halftime speech and even DD. If you can show me something that say people played hard for Rodgers, Ill believe you for sure... Just haven't heard it myself.

I have heard Woodson defend Rodgers after the Jennings thing. But he says the same thing everyone else does. Basically he plays awesome, which makes him a good leader. Doesn't say a word about his leadership. And I don't doubt his ability. So if you are saying throwing the ball well, is the same as leading... I can't disagree that you would be talking about a good leader. The guy is baller more often than not. But performance in my mind doesn't dictate leadership.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
A quote from Julius Peppers made on 9/29/15 concerning Aaron:

“I played on some teams where I wished I had a guy like him. I think the fans here, I think everybody takes it for granted.

“Enjoy it. Enjoy what you’re seeing.”

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, even his current teammates dismiss him and have no respect for him. The way Raji and Matthews got their discount double check on at State Farm knowing good and well they were infringing on his move just shows they don't respect him as a leader. If Brady were the QB and State Farm Stole his move, they would have been looking elsewhere for car insurance.

That makes me sad, I wish it was funny :(

And paying Rodgers 7.5 million a year to do the belt is hardly stealing... ;)

A quote from Julius Peppers made on 9/29/15 concerning Aaron:

“I played on some teams where I wished I had a guy like him. I think the fans here, I think everybody takes it for granted.

“Enjoy it. Enjoy what you’re seeing.”

I don't understand how people don't see the difference between leadership... And performance. I get it guys. Aaron is a baller! I agree 100%! No argument at all. The guy can toss a football maybe better than anyone I have ever seen.

But in my mind that is not leadership... That is performance. At least where I work those are two different things.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
But in my mind that is not leadership... That is performance. At least where I work those are two different things.

Just curious, do you work on a football field in the NFL? Not doubting what you say about your job and that Aaron probably wouldn't make a great leader at your job. I doubt even Brady could walk into your office and lead whatever you do. What I am saying is that leadership roles are not just a cookie cutter thing you can put in a box and say "yup, this is what is required to be a leader, now go lead!" It's job dependent. IMO, Rodgers leads by his play, by his study, by his work ethics...what he does on the field. You may not like his demeanor or what you have supposedly seen off the field of him, but just because he doesn't fit the mold that you have drawn up, doesn't tell the rest of us that he isn't a good leader on the field in the NFL. Personally, I love the fire and intensity out of him this year and this team needs some fire. Probably the reason we never saw it to this extent in the past, was the team for the most part was playing up to its potential. Now if he hurt some feelings along the way because someone is staying up too late playing video games or missed curfew and he publicly called them out on it, that's on them for not being able to accept it, but don't shoot "the leader" for not being afraid to call a spade a spade.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just curious, do you work on a football field in the NFL? Not doubting what you say about your job and that Aaron probably wouldn't make a great leader at your job. I doubt even Brady could walk into your office and lead whatever you do. What I am saying is that leadership roles are not just a cookie cutter thing you can put in a box and say "yup, this is what is required to be a leader, now go lead!" It's job dependent. IMO, Rodgers leads by his play, by his study, by his work ethics...what he does on the field. You may not like his demeanor or what you have supposedly seen off the field of him, but just because he doesn't fit the mold that you have drawn up, doesn't negate that he isn't a good leader on the field in the NFL. Personally, I love the fire and intensity out of him this year and this team needs some fire. Probably the reason we never saw it to this extent in the past, was the team for the most part was playing up to its potential. Now if he hurt some feelings along the way because someone is staying up too late playing video games or missed curfew and he publicly called them out on it, that's on them for not being able to accept it, but don't shoot "the leader" for not being afraid to call a spade a spade.

Human's are humans... The same thing is taught to everyone. Do you go about it somewhat differently if you are school teacher, business or the NFL.. Sure in the language you use, or the stressors that are upon you. But the purpose what you are saying stays the same. The methods for people working the best together as a team and at optimal condition are the same. Doesn't matter if you are a 10 year old girl or 70 year old guy. There is a reason why highly regarded military leaders become leaders in other professions. It doesn't change group to group.

The difference you are referring to is the fact that they are unable to full fill that role... Leading by example occurs at my work to. The problem is you can be tremendously hard working and lead a team of say 8 people. When things are going great... They go great. No one has complaints of course.

The second things start going off, that's when **** hits the proverbial fan. The blame gets passed around the boss is like well I am working overtime I don't know what the problem is. Which only leaves the employees to blame. The workers are like screw you buddy and push back. It's a bad cycle, that never helps no matter what you are doing.

Whereas if they boss takes hit, no one thinks anything of it. They know he's an awesome employee, and he will get it fixed. The employees understand what the boss just did for them, they push it harder to not have it happen again. They all respect each other for it and ride it out together.

What I hear a lot of people referring to as leadership is Aaron doing more than his part by being an extraordinary thrower. To me that is not the same. That is performance based. And for as much as everyone thinks I hate him. I don't. And I don't think he should have to shoulder that much weight to perform that well. But when you separate the game, from the people. You will get that.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting that this has come up. never did I imagine that something could have happened during bye week were rogers' team mates had hostility towards him and just decided not to "win" couple of games to put rogers' in his place. could it be? I hope not! I do wish the chemistry between the players is a solid one until the season is over. HAH! seriously I do hope lack of respect or not liking rogers' is not the issue for their dismal performance after the bye week.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really hope they put Abbrederis out there more, and incorporate more plays that don't get him set up to get popped in the middle of the field. He was praised for his work ethic and football IQ by scouts, and they really need an overachiever like that who will hopefully elevate the play of the other guys. And for goodness sakes, enough of Adams. Even Rodgers is sick of seeing him out there.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now if he hurt some feelings along the way because someone is staying up too late playing video games or missed curfew and he publicly called them out on it, that's on them for not being able to accept it, but don't shoot "the leader" for not being afraid to call a spade a spade.

I wanted to make this a separate post because I believe it proves 100 percent what I am saying.

In that instance about video games... Saying that. Who does that benefit? Does it benefit Aaron? Will Aaron play better because he said that? Will the Packers organization be stronger because he said that? Will they make it further in the playoffs or win more games? Do you really believe that speaking out to the public is the correct way to go about that? Do you call the news crew when someone messes up at your work so that you can out them? Even if you did, do you think that would be beneficial to them working harder knowing that person likely isnt going to be fired? They are adults they understand the consequences of their actions at this point one would hope. If not send them packing.

The answer is no to all of them... it has zero benefit at all to anyone. It was said for 1 reason and 1 reason only. It takes heat off of him in the media. It was an excuse that serves no purpose to the team what-so-ever. If that is a serious problem you bring it to you player and try to explain to him the benefits, if he respects you enough he will change. if that doesn't work... You go to your coach... That doesn't work you talk to TT. And if all of them feel it's a bad idea to do anything else. YOU SUCK IT UP. You're a quarterback not GM. Stop trying to use your media fame to prove a point it's someone else messing the team up. People can already see you perform, you don't need out other people.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really hope they put Abbrederis out there more, and incorporate more plays that don't get him set up to get popped in the middle of the field. He was praised for his work ethic and football IQ by scouts, and they really need an overachiever like that who will hopefully elevate the play of the other guys. And for goodness sakes, enough of Adams. Even Rodgers is sick of seeing him out there.

After being so ******* Abbrederis a while back... I couldn't agree more. Get him out there more! I wish I knew what was wrong with Adams because I see some athletic ability. More last year than this one.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I wanted to make this a separate post because I believe it proves 100 percent what I am saying.

In that instance about video games... Saying that. Who does that benefit? Does it benefit Aaron? Will Aaron play better because he said that? Will the Packers organization be stronger because he said that? Will they make it further in the playoffs or win more games? Do you really believe that speaking out to the public is the correct way to go about that? Do you call the news crew when someone messes up at your work so that you can out them? Even if you did, do you think that would be beneficial to them working harder knowing that person likely isnt going to be fired? They are adults they understand the consequences of their actions at this point one would hope. If not send them packing.

The answer is no to all of them... it has zero benefit at all to anyone. It was said for 1 reason and 1 reason only. It takes heat off of him in the media. It was an excuse that serves no purpose to the team what-so-ever. If that is a serious problem you bring it to you player and try to explain to him the benefits, if he respects you enough he will change. if that doesn't work... You go to your coach... That doesn't work you talk to TT. And if all of them feel it's a bad idea to do anything else. YOU SUCK IT UP. You're a quarterback not GM. Stop trying to use your media fame to prove a point it's someone else messing the team up. People can already see you perform, you don't need out other people.

So your issue is that he stated things in public? Because if that is your issue with what/how he did it, then you aren't questioning his leadership, you are questioning the medium he used in order to lead. You are going to have a really hard time convincing me that calling out teammates for not doing their jobs, for the good of the team, isn't trying to lead. Are you certain he did not approach these individuals personally before saying what he said publicly? Did he name names?

How is there zero benefit to what he did? You screw up at your job and your team leader calls you on it. This either makes you a better player or you flip him the finger and fail your job. This is a publicly owned organization in a highly publicized arena, if they can't handle constructive criticism, then they are in the wrong business. Should coaches not pull a player (public shaming) off the field when he screws up? Should penalties be quietly discussed amoung the referees, the yardage walked off without explanation so that the offending player isn't shamed? Should AR walk up to a player, who just messed up a route and cost the team the game, pat him on the *** and say "its OK tiger, we will get them next time".

By definition AR was leading, by stepping up and answering a question with facts. You may not like what he said and think that it hurt some feelings, but I would guess that there were quite a few guys on that team who were quietly applauding him for having the balls to say it, in the open or behind closed doors. They were also probably applauding that someone was finally giving the media some answers that might curtail the endless questions. This was AR talking about behavior that was negatively effecting the team. Not someone ranting about trivial things.

You seem to think that because Aaron is sought out by the media that he somehow only uses it for his own good. Did you catch what happened after the Badger Basketball game when a reporter (Dennis Dodd) pressed him for an interview?

Last edited:

Wynnebeck

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Did you honestly just take something that Cris Collinsworth probably heard in passing and that Rodgers himself even said that never happened and nowhere in the way Cris heard it, and then try to extrapolate some deeper meaning from it? I'm sorry bro, but that's stretching that not even Mr. Incredible can reach. Rodgers is a very deliberate person. Nothing he says is off the cuff or without meaning. Him addressing how he feels is not a sign of him throwing someone under the bus. It's him being human and expressing how he feels.

Next you keep talking about players calling Rodgers out. Hmm. Finley (someone salty that he got cut by the Packers medical staff and couldn't return), Jennings (a prima donna WR who was made by Rodgers), and Driver (only WR who actually used common sense in his talking about Rodgers' leadership). Oh yeah, a smattering of quotes by random journalists talking about Rodgers demeanor. Really? Is this what your entire argument is boiling down to? I mean seriously, what is your point? Where is your smoking gun? I'm genuinely curious.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So your issue is that he stated things in public? Because if that is your issue with what/how he did it, then you aren't questioning his leadership, you are questioning the medium he used in order to lead. You are going to have a really hard time convincing me that calling out teammates for not doing their jobs, for the good of the team, isn't trying to lead. Are you certain he did not approach these individuals personally before saying what he said publicly? Did he name names?

How is there zero benefit to what he did? You screw up at your job and your team leader calls you on it. This either makes you a better player or you flip him the finger and fail your job. This is a publicly owned organization in a highly publicized arena, if they can't handle constructive criticism, then they are in the wrong business. Should coaches not pull a player (public shaming) off the field when he screws up? Should penalties be quietly discussed amoung the referees, the yardage walked off without explanation so that the offending player isn't shamed? Should AR walk up to a player, who just messed up a route and cost the team the game, pat him on the *** and say "its OK tiger, we will get them next time".

By definition AR was leading, by stepping up and answering a question with facts. You may not like what he said and think that it hurt some feelings, but I would guess that there were quite a few guys on that team who were quietly applauding him for having the balls to say it, in the open or behind closed doors. They were also probably applauding that someone was finally giving the media some answers that might curtail the endless questions. This was AR talking about behavior that was negatively effecting the team. Not someone ranting about trivial things.

You seem to think that because Aaron is sought out by the media that he somehow only uses it for his own good. Did you catch what happened after the Badger Basketball game when a reporter pressed him for an interview?

Yes I am questioning his leadership skill, how you portray the member of your team in a public setting is leadership. It hurts or helps morale. Believe it or not there is reasoning behind why people shy away from talking badly about players on their team in the media. It isn't just for the fun of it, or because they are such good people. It's because it is better for the organization (for the team) for you to say nothing at all, than to talk badly.

You're failing to see what I am saying... The way that it is expressed to the members of the team has a bearing on their success as well... Sure if the person wants to get fired, you can be picture perfect and they will still flip you the finger and quit... Doesn't change the fact of the person in charge doing it right or wrong. Doesn't mean that you wouldn't have a different emotional response depending on how it was portrayed to you.

And again we have changed the subject to coaches... Rodgers is not a coach, he doesn't watch from the sidelines, he's not in personnel. He is on the field of battle with the guys. They are completely separate and shouldn't be brought into this as equals.

Also you are beginning to take this to an out there level.... Should he say "its OK tiger, we will get them next time" No, that is patronizing if he lost the game. But what you don't understand is there is difference between saying to him "Mistakes happen, I should have got that ball in closer to you... We will work on the route this week." and shaking your head with disdain and outing him in public (Aaron has never done this but just going with the analogy brought to me). One way will instill confidence that he can do better, push him to try harder, bring you closer as players, show him you are willing to help and believe in him, that you aren't perfect either, and overall help your team. The other does absolutely no good at all beside hurt the confidence of a grown person who already knows he messed up. Resentment is not a good motivator when it comes to wanting to obtain positive results.

Don't you believe there is a reason why people in jobs like mine have to sign non-disclosure and zero media contracts. It is because of things like this. You believe he is some type of office hero behind the scenes for outing someone, when the organization benefited zero from the comments. If they feel it is bad enough they will out him or fire him for his action. They don't need a player to alienate him... But of course NFL has media obligations for certain players, so that these kind of things can unfold. Causes controversy.

I don't know how you fail to see this... Agreeing or not is one thing. But the point I am trying to make is not difficult to understand.

Did you honestly just take something that Cris Collinsworth probably heard in passing and that Rodgers himself even said that never happened and nowhere in the way Cris heard it, and then try to extrapolate some deeper meaning from it? I'm sorry bro, but that's stretching that not even Mr. Incredible can reach. Rodgers is a very deliberate person. Nothing he says is off the cuff or without meaning. Him addressing how he feels is not a sign of him throwing someone under the bus. It's him being human and expressing how he feels.

Next you keep talking about players calling Rodgers out. Hmm. Finley (someone salty that he got cut by the Packers medical staff and couldn't return), Jennings (a prima donna WR who was made by Rodgers), and Driver (only WR who actually used common sense in his talking about Rodgers' leadership). Oh yeah, a smattering of quotes by random journalists talking about Rodgers demeanor. Really? Is this what your entire argument is boiling down to? I mean seriously, what is your point? Where is your smoking gun? I'm genuinely curious.

I didn't even bring that situation up actually... Look at what I quoted in that post. Just refuting what was brought to me.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have two theories about un4givn's inside information.

1) he is really Olivia

2) his inside information stems from the fact that he knows Aaron does in fact want fries with that.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have two theories about un4givn's inside information.

1) he is really Olivia

2) his inside information stems from the fact that he knows Aaron does in fact want fries with that.

It's definitely the second one... He likes a number 1 with extra pickles and a grape crush.

Mystery solved.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I think that is because I find NFL quarterbacks in general fascinating. I post about about plenty of things though... On Ty Montgomery, the Arizona game, playoff odds, Rodgers being a coach! lol, and Woodson's retirement. But yes, I do take a liking to quarterback and cornerbacks oddly more than other things.
Sure, it’s just your interest in QBs and CBs :roflmao:. C’mon look at the volume and emotion/enthusiasm you put into the subject of Rodgers compared to your other posts. May as well just admit it, it’s obvious for anyone who cares to see.
I remember Lomardi ... So many differences though. 1 that 60 years ago.
People are people and human nature hasn’t changed in 60 years. Humans are humans, right? Of course yelling at corporate employees like Lombardi yelled at his players isn’t appropriate but some need tough love and some need encouragement with most in between those extremes. If you attempt to motivate all of them in the same way, you aren’t a good leader IMO.
Also, I do take slight offense to this middle management garbage.
If you are offended by my referencing your job in middle management don’t bring it up! I didn’t investigate your life – you posted about your job. You know why you don’t post about what I do for a living? Because I’ve never posted about it. And BTW, I’m not dismissing your statement; I’m dismissing your attacks on Rodgers’ character because I see obvious bias in them, which you reinforce with almost every post on the subject.
The reason me and you differ is because you think there is something magical about leading football players, than there is in any other walk of life…
Here you go with the “magical” thing again. You admitted to misstating this previously writing that I thought McCarthy’s play-calling was “magical”, and then apologized after you were corrected, remember? What does it say about your argument when you repeat this kind of exaggeration? And BTW, don’t ever complain about words being put in your mouth when you engage in that very thing again here. IOW, point out where I posted anything like, “there is something magical about leading football players”.
This is the honest to god truth I am never heard that... All I ever heard was we did this for Wood, and all about his halftime speech and even DD. If you can show me something that say people played hard for Rodgers, Ill believe you for sure... Just haven't heard it myself.
Show me where Driver was viewed as the leader of the offense.

Members online

Latest posts