What is going on with Rodgers?

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Which side of the argument that ensued do you support? That this was meant as dig at AR, inferring that Nelson is what made him, or that this was a compliment, meaning that this is a chance for him to show what he's got, even without his #1 receiver?

OP
OP
JP Doyal

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
Which side of the argument that ensued do you support? That this was meant as dig at AR, inferring that Nelson is what made him, or that this was a compliment, meaning that this is a chance for him to show what he's got, even without his #1 receiver?

It is hard to say reading it and not hearing it in person, but the way it is worded it sounded like a dig to me. Like AR's true colors will show without Jordy.

OP
OP
JP Doyal

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
How do you take this? What do you think she meant by this?...;)

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score

He clarified later on 540 Milwaukee... That he kind of meant both, and makes no apology for that.

His agent also once said
"Finley's agent, Blake Baratz, who in 2012 called Rodgers a great quarterback not a great a leader"

So I truly believe he meant both.

OP
OP
JP Doyal

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
Here is Greg Jenning's comments.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is Greg Jenning's comments.

This is so funny coming from Jennings. I know some people with in the Vikings organization who say he was the most "me first" player they knew. They were all extremely happy to see him go. Rodger's may not be a great leader but Greg Jennings saying Rodgers isnt about the team is funny.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I don't know, maybe its just me, but Jennings (and his sisters comments) always came off like the jilted ex's bashing their former lover. Maybe had "the star receiver" been an MVP or Pro Bowl player after he left GB I would put more stock in what he or his sister said.

I wonder if Greg ever thanked Rodgers for the stats that Rodgers directly contributed to, stats that no doubt helped Greg get the kind of money the Vikings paid him and he never earned.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is so funny coming from Jennings. I know some people with in the Vikings organization who say he was the most "me first" player they knew. They were all extremely happy to see him go. Rodger's may not be a great leader but Greg Jennings saying Rodgers isnt about the team is funny.

It came from Driver as well, regarding leadership...

"We’ve always said that the quarterback is the one that needs to take the pressure off everyone else. If a guy runs the wrong route, it’s easy for the quarterback to say, ‘Hey, I told him to run that route’ than for the guy to be like, ‘Well, I ran the wrong route.’ Sometimes you ask Aaron to take the pressure off the guys so we won’t look bad, but he didn’t want to do that. He felt like if you did something bad, you do it. But I think that’s the difference. You want that leadership, and I think sometimes you may not feel like you got it. You have to earn that respect at the end of the day, and I think that’s what Greg was probably referring to.”

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know, maybe its just me, but Jennings (and his sisters comments) always came off like the jilted ex's bashing their former lover. Maybe had "the star receiver" been an MVP or Pro Bowl player after he left GB I would put more stock in what he or his sister said.

LMAO ya, I wouldn't take those comments for anything... Maybe if she wrote something with some substance but jilted ex-lover is the perfect way to describe that spree.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
So, what's wrong with Rodgers. Want to see something really scary?

Fun with stats. The last 4 games. Rodgers vs Bridgewater. :)
Code:
         Cmp   Att    %   Yards    YPA    TD's    TD %    INT    INT %
Rodgers   90   153  58.8    897    5.5     6      3.9      3     2.0
Bwater    79   112  70.5    857    7.7     5      4.5      2     1.8

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It came from Driver as well, regarding leadership...

"We’ve always said that the quarterback is the one that needs to take the pressure off everyone else. If a guy runs the wrong route, it’s easy for the quarterback to say, ‘Hey, I told him to run that route’ than for the guy to be like, ‘Well, I ran the wrong route.’ Sometimes you ask Aaron to take the pressure off the guys so we won’t look bad, but he didn’t want to do that. He felt like if you did something bad, you do it. But I think that’s the difference. You want that leadership, and I think sometimes you may not feel like you got it. You have to earn that respect at the end of the day, and I think that’s what Greg was probably referring to.”

I love DD but i have zero issue with accountability. Qbs get crucified for every mistake so a WR should be man enough to get called out.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Code:

Well played. The Vikings destroyed the Bears yesterday. There were a couple times it seemed like the Bears were going to make a game out of it but the bears self-destructed and Vikings took advantage of every single opportunity.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love DD but i have zero issue with accountability. Qbs get crucified for every mistake so a WR should be man enough to get called out.

Yeah I have no problem with accountability... The problem I see is if the leader isn't respected because he won't hold himself just as accountable to everyone else. Now maybe all of these guys are wrong. But what are the chances that Jennings, Driver, and Finley... All are making absurd comments on the same subject related to no real substance?

As someone else mentioned have any ex patriots said stuff about Tom after leaving? Seriously question I don't know the answer to.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Well played. The Vikings destroyed the Bears yesterday. There were a couple times it seemed like the Bears were going to make a game out of it but the bears self-destructed and Vikings took advantage of every single opportunity.
Bears didn't self destruct, the Vikings D, short it's 3 top players stopped them. But then it was the Bears.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Code:

Can I see the previous 26 games for a bigger sample? :coffee:

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears didn't self destruct, the Vikings D, short it's 3 top players stopped them. But then it was the Bears.

Well the Bears did have a ton defensive offsides and holding penalties and some turnovers at really bad times. Now obviously the Vikings defense plays a role in that. I am no way taking anything away from them. It was a perfect storm. The Vikings played incredibly well and the Bears didnt.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DD's comments should be put into context. He was trying to explain why Jennings was upset. Sure, it wasn't exactly a ringing endorsement of Rodgers, but Driver did not initiate anything.

However, I think there is something to glean from Driver's comments and another comment I remember him making a few years back. According to Driver, as a QB Favre did not give his WR's a hard time when they screwed up. When they messed up, they knew they messed up, and that was that. However (as we've all noticed by now) Rodgers does not handle it the same. Driver said that Rodgers has no problem ripping into a WR if they screw up. Not sure if Favre's method or Rodgers' way of handling it is better (or if it doesn't matter) but perhaps that is a reason for some apparent resentment to Rodgers, which has exclusively come from receivers. I do not remember a single teammate in Favre's 16 years here saying anything negative about him, save when Javon Walker was annoyed that Favre told him to end his holdout, which is unrelated to on the field issues. And Walker was kind of a diva.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Well the Bears did have a ton defensive offsides and holding penalties and some turnovers at really bad times. Now obviously the Vikings defense plays a role in that. I am no way taking anything away from them. It was a perfect storm. The Vikings played incredibly well and the Bears didnt.
Well they had 3 offensive holding and 2 offside's accepted. They only had 6 penalties accepted during the game. The also had their first TD drive helped by a face mask call against the Vikings.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Can I see the previous 26 games for a bigger sample? :coffee:
Nah, this was just to show how bad Rodgers has been playing the last few weeks. Don't read to much into it. 4 of Teddy's td's came in the Bears game. That's why it says, "Fun with Stats". Shows how stats can misleading to a point.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well they had 3 offensive holding and 2 offside's accepted. They only had 6 penalties accepted during the game. The also had their first TD drive helped by a face mask call against the Vikings.

Not sure why you are arguing with me on this. The Bears had two turnovers and a couple penalties negate 20 yard plus plays and a couple penalties on 3rd down on defense giving the Vikings a first down. The Vikings played great and the bears didn't. Just like Oakland didn't play well against the packers.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Not sure why you are arguing with me on this. The Bears had two turnovers and a couple penalties negate 20 yard plus plays and a couple penalties on 3rd down on defense giving the Vikings a first down. The Vikings played great and the bears didn't. Just like Oakland didn't play well against the packers.
Well, when one of the reasons the play went 20+ yards was from the penalty they have nothing to complain about. It's not like the penalties were called away from the play. When an O-line holds so your QB can make the throw without being hit, or holds for the RB to get through the hole, yeah it's coming back. And yeah, Teddy got the Bears with a hard count, something Rodgers is known for.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, when one of the reasons the play went 20+ yards was from the penalty they have nothing to complain about. It's not like the penalties were called away from the play. When an O-line holds so your QB can make the throw without being hit, or holds for the RB to get through the hole, yeah it's coming back. And yeah, Teddy got the Bears with a hard count, something Rodgers is known for.
OK you got me. The Bears played a really clean game and did their best but the Vikings were just that much better ;)

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
or that this was a compliment, meaning that this is a chance for him to show what he's got, even without his #1 receiver?
He legit tweeted exactly this a couple minutes later . He worded his first tweet poorly.

Latest posts