What is going on with Rodgers?

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmm.... I'm just going to sit back and listen to this one. After I have been talking about Rodgers attitude and leadership issues all year (Getting absolutely massacred for saying anything bad). People are seeing some of this for themselves.

To add to it though, they had a debate this morning about it on the 107.5 the Fan in Green Bay this morning on my way to work. Talking about how disappointing it is to see Aaron on the sidelines lately. Comparing his attitude to Cutler.
I'm not sure what standard you are holding to in terms of leadership. Not every QB has a rally-the-troops kind of personality, nor is that required. Some people just want to keep to themselves when they get angry.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I have some experience with the man himself. Granted I don't suit up with him on Sundays, what I know from the limited amounts. (And I don't expect anyone to take that as reason. Just my own experience.)

Seriously? This observation/argument again? If you are going to pass judgement on the guy due to your "inside information" about him, tell us about it, tell us what you know about him off the field that the rest of us don't know. You have been asked a few times to do so and haven't. I met Brett Favre in a bar an played golf behind his 4some twice, doesn't make me an expert on Brett Favre. Except I can tell you he needs work on his swing.

I don't know any of this to be true, but it could help explain this. I mean JJ Cobb and Adams... Though not top tier, are not without talent... Add in Lacy this offense isn't lacking talent. To me they are lacking drive.
So the failing of all these talented players on offense comes directly and squarely back to AR's lack of leadership? Sorry, I don't see it. A leader delivers the ball where its intended, he can't catch it. A leader hands the ball off to a back, he can't create the holes or will the back into find them. A leader scrambles for his life, when his line doesn't do its job on a given play.

You can blame AR for not doing the best job that a great leader might do when everyone around him is failing to do their job. But blaming him for dropped balls, blown routes, basically, other players poor play really? You really lost me with "Adams sucks, because of Rodgers".

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously? This observation/argument again? If you are going to pass judgement on the guy due to your "inside information" about him, tell us about it, tell us what you know about him off the field that the rest of us don't know. You have been asked a few times to do so and haven't. I met Brett Favre in a bar an played golf behind his 4some twice, doesn't make me an expert on Brett Favre. Except I can tell you he needs work on his swing.

And Favre loved the strip club in Crivitz called "Gateway"

I'm not passing judgement on that. Nor am I asking you to. I am asking people here to look objectively upon the information at hand and make their own decision. This is the national media, it's on local radio, it's ex-players, and you can see it with your own eyes on Sunday. Yes, my aspect is separate.

My opinion isn't always correct... But it is based off of what I know and see. I just find it funny that two weeks after I started bringing this up that it's now on the radio, newpaper and in other media. Still doesn't mean I am right... Just means others are starting to see it as well.

So the failing of all these talented players on offense comes directly and squarely back to AR's lack of leadership? Sorry, I don't see it. A leader delivers the ball where its intended, he can't catch it. A leader hands the ball off to a back, he can't create the holes or will the back into find them. A leader scrambles for his life, when his line doesn't do its job on a given play.

You can blame AR for not doing the best job that a great leader might do when everyone around him is failing to do their job. But blaming him for dropped balls, blown routes, basically, other players poor play really? You really lost me with "Adams sucks, because of Rodgers".

I wish he would deliver the ball where it was intended... JJ bailed him out at least twice yesterday with horrid throws. He also missed him wide open down the sideline for a big gain by what 6 yards? Threw a rookie type interception in the fourth. Ran directly into a sack earlier in the game. Everyone makes mistakes, I can name that or many more on the wide-receivers as well. Just saying this whole "Aaron can't walk them the ball" thing is over-rated. Aaron isn't above these problems.

The wide receivers are absolutely under-performing though.. I'm not arguing that, but why are they doing that? Cobb is pro-bowl performer. Adams was better last year. JJ is good enough to get the job done. Lacy is damn good back when motivated. But this year because of no Jordy, the team falls apart on offense? Really? Doesn't seem logical with the information we have at hand.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
And Favre loved the strip club in Crivitz called "Gateway"

I'm not passing judgement on that. Nor am I asking you to.

Then stopping making statements of your inside knowledge of Rodgers as if you are holding some deep dark secret that will explain to all us idiots why the Packers offense is sputtering

Oh boy.....he attended a Strip Bar....call the media, call TT.......time to cut Rodgers immediately. Just saying something like that, says a lot about how you are forming your opinions.

I am asking people here to look objectively upon the information at hand and make their own decision. This is the national media, it's on local radio, it's ex-players, and you can see it with your own eyes on Sunday. Yes, my aspect is separate.
How does one look objectively (your words) at "information" such as this. "Information" that is mostly speculation and rumors at best? We can all sit here and guess, point fingers and throw out wild accusations, but what good does that do?

My opinion isn't always correct... But it is based off of what I know and see. I just find it funny that two weeks after I started bringing this up that it's now on the radio, newpaper and in other media. Still doesn't mean I am right... Just means others are starting to see it as well.
See what? That Packer fans and media are all clamoring at tossing any and all theories at a wall until one sticks?

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OP
OP
JP Doyal

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
I don't see it from McCarthy to be honest... I think for the most part he isn't a Rah Rah type person. He keeps the path that needs to be done. On to Arizona.

He is very Belichick like in that aspect... I don't see him as being a downer, just knows this one game... Is just one game. So on to the next one.

I might get that feeling more because of the questions that are asked.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then stopping making statements of your inside knowledge of Rodgers as if you are holding some deep dark secret that will explain to all us idiots why the Packers offense is sputtering

Oh boy.....he attended a Strip Bar....call the media, call TT.......time to cut Rodgers immediately. Just saying something like that, says a lot about how you are forming your opinions.

Lmao it was a joke man, settle... :) You said something about Favre so I threw out something funny. Gotta relax man and breathe. Everything doesn't have to be so serious

How does one look objectively (your words) at "information" such as this. "Information" that is mostly speculation and rumors at best? We can all sit here and guess, point fingers and throw out wild accusations, but what good does that do?

See what? That Packer fans and media are all clamoring at tossing any and all theories at a wall until one sticks?

Are you sure that you just aren't even open to the idea, and that logic is what is stopping you from being objective? You seem to deny anything... And implying that anyone that thinks otherwise is just making widly outrageous accusations based on nothing.

Quote from the MJS

"I'm not sure, but something is amiss for sure. I wasn't at his press conference (Aaron speaks at the same time the locker room is open, and since I wrote about defense I stayed in the locker room) but even his body language on the field was poor. He hangs his head, flails his arms, yells when things aren't going right. It's kind of strange."

Just because you refuse to see it, doesn't make it untrue... Nor wrong for others to see it. And try to relax a bit man. I don't want this to be as heated as in the past.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Un4Givn did you really post that the WRs might have given up on Rodgers? That may be the most ridiculous thing I have seen posted. You are continually overstating the talent of these WRs. James Jones has been cut twice in a year. Randall Cobb is a slot wr playing without a deep threat to open the middle of the field for him. Adams had some nice games when he was the number 3 option. Lacy has looked like a shell of his former self. Janis and Abby are 5th wrs right now. Read articles with quotes from other team's scouts on the Packer's wrs. They are incredibly harsh.

Rodgers is not playing that well right now and his body language is not good. Still he has 29 tds and 6 ints and is the qb of a team that is 10-4. His standards are just much higher.

And please if you are going to post that you have inside knowledge on a guy just post it?

Lastly I know Finley and maybe Jennings said something about Rodgers when they left but is there anyone else? If it is just those two I wouldnt be super worried.

OP
OP
JP Doyal

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
Lastly I know Finley and maybe Jennings said something about Rodgers when they left but is there anyone else? If it is just those two I wouldnt be super worried.

I didn't see this? Can you fill me in please...

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Lmao it was a joke man, settle... :) You said something about Favre so I threw out something funny. Gotta relax man and breathe. Everything doesn't have to be so serious

My bad...a quick read and I thought this was your "inside information on Rodgers" not Favre. So I am sorry for that. But as I said and many have also said. If you are going to keep saying something to the effect of "I know Aaron Rodgers better then most due to real life dealings and therefore you need to believe my opinion" Then spit it out, what do you know?

Are you sure that you just aren't even open to the idea, and that logic is what is stopping you from being objective? You seem to deny anything... And implying that anyone that thinks otherwise is just making widly outrageous accusations based on nothing.

I'm a very logical person, maybe that is why I tend not to speculate or believe in speculation. I base my opinions and theories on facts. The facts that I see are a proven top 5 QB frustrated by an offense that for many reasons has lost its way. There is equal blame that can spread around the entire offense and coaching staff for this, not just one guy. So we can all throw out theories and speculate that something is wrong with AR, but until I see facts, all I see is a frustrated QB along with 10 other equally frustrated players, all needing to get on the same page.

Fans and the media all love a smoking gun and maybe in 3 months you can come back here with that smoking gun and say "I told you so".

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Un4Givn did you really post that the WRs might have given up on Rodgers? That may be the most ridiculous thing I have seen posted. You are continually overstating the talent of these WRs. James Jones has been cut twice in a year. Randall Cobb is a slot wr playing without a deep threat to open the middle of the field for him. Adams had some nice games when he was the number 3 option. Lacy has looked like a shell of his former self. Janis and Abby are 5th wrs right now. Read articles with quotes from other team's scouts on the Packer's wrs. They are incredibly harsh.

Rodgers is not playing that well right now and his body language is not good. Still he has 29 tds and 6 ints and is the qb of a team that is 10-4. His standards are just much higher.

And please if you are going to post that you have inside knowledge on a guy just post it?

I really don't know what the problem is to be honest... Could be 100% wrong. Just an idea. But i do find that just as much plausible as the theory that everyone on the offense (including the line, WR, and running back) has become worse from one season to the next.

Two I never questioned Rodgers talent... He probably is the single most talented arm and leg talent combination I have ever watched and his TD/INT ratio is unheard of. You will NEVER hear me argue that he is not talented. Is he making more poor throws this year than normal sure, but that alone isn't a big deal and Im positive not all his fault (due to mis-run routes and other things). He human and makes mistakes.

You may think it is the most ridiculous thing you have ever heard, and that is ok... And I don't even know that I believe it currently, it just would explain a lot of what is going on.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't know what the problem is to be honest... Could be 100% wrong. Just an idea. But i do find that just as much plausible as the theory that everyone on the offense (including the line, WR, and running back) has become worse from one season to the next.

Two I never questioned Rodgers talent... He probably is the single most talented arm and leg talent combination I have ever watched and his TD/INT ratio is unheard of. You will NEVER hear me argue that he is not talented. Is he making more poor throws this year than normal sure, but that alone isn't a big deal and Im positive not all his fault (due to mis-run routes and other things). He human and makes mistakes.

You may think it is the most ridiculous thing you have ever heard, and that is ok... And I don't even know that I believe it currently, it just would explain a lot of what is going on.

Can you explain to me why you think this wrs are good? Yes they were good last year but Jordy makes these guys a lot better. He can stretch the field opening things up for Cobb. He can take the number 1 corner leaving Adams on a lesser corner. He was able to bail the offense out on back shoulder throws. This team has absolutely no one to stretch the field. Janis cant actually run the right route or catch the ball. They were too dependent on one guy and the offense hasnt changed its scheme enough to play to what they have. They continue to run a lot of vertical routes with really slow guys and or short yac type plays with guys who dont break tackles. Not a recipe for success

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My bad...a quick read and I thought this was your "inside information on Rodgers" not Favre. So I am sorry for that. But as I said and many have also said. If you are going to keep saying something to the effect of "I know Aaron Rodgers better then most due to real life dealings and therefore you need to believe my opinion" Then spit it out, what do you know?

It's all good, I understand.... And you're right, I apologize I will not bring it up anymore. I will only use things that are available for everyone to make my points.

I'm a very logical person, maybe that is why I tend not to speculate or believe in speculation. I base my opinions and theories on facts. The facts that I see are a proven top 5 QB frustrated by an offense that for many reasons has lost its way. There is equal blame that can spread around the entire offense and coaching staff for this, not just one guy. So we can all throw out theories and speculate that something is wrong with AR, but until I see facts, all I see is a frustrated QB along with 10 other equally frustrated players, all needing to get on the same page.

Fans and the media all love a smoking gun and maybe in 3 months you can come back here with that smoking gun and say "I told you so".

There is no doubt this could be 100%. And if I was him I would be frustrated too. I just never seen this from him the past. The Packers have gone 6-10, 8-7-1, and 10-6 under Rodgers. Very impressive considering those being his "worst" season.

But there is something different about his demeanor lately. I never seen him complain like this, hang his head, and show contempt for the players that he relies on.

And maybe in two months we are in the Super Bowl led by Rodgers competitive fire and I have to apologize to everyone... It's is part of having an opinion that sometimes you can be wrong.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Rodgers throws a back shoulder and the receiver is looking down field. Who's responsible? Personally I'd get rid of the entire offensive personnel and coaching staff before getting rid of Rogers. Jmo.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
IMO Rodgers demeanor in the press conference and the general attitude in the locker room reflected the fact that if the offense plays like it did yesterday, they aren't going anywhere in the playoffs. Rodgers may also be upset with receivers dropping balls - and I agree with his point that Abbrederis should be on the field more - he runs good routes and he catches the ball.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But there is something different about his demeanor lately. I never seen him complain like this, hang his head, and show contempt for the players that he relies on.

And maybe in two months we are in the Super Bowl led by Rodgers competitive fire and I have to apologize to everyone... It's is part of having an opinion that sometimes you can be wrong.

I completely agree although I think contempt is a little strong. I am about as big of Rodgers fan as there is but his attitude needs to change. I am fine when he is being bold with players but I dont like the look of disgust

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Remember, the Packers were picked by most to win SB 50 this year. So after Jordy goes down and the offense starts to sputter and have issues and the fans and media start screaming "what is wrong? who is this going to mentally effect the most? My guess is the leader, the guy that is suppose to be able to do and fix anything. The guy who the other 10 players look to for doing it all. The guy who is rumored to be the best QB around and makes bad WR's good. I think even Rodgers himself was convinced he was the reason the Packers offense was as good as its been in the past. But guess what, AR wasn't Superman and as the pressure mounted and the offense continued to play poorly across the board, it effected his play too. I get it, I was a competitive athlete and saw that snowball rolling more then once on teams or individual sports I competed in. It's called momentum and can be positive or negative.

Rodgers doesn't hide the fact that he hasn't played well, but he has also humbly tries to point out that his teammates haven't either. Maybe in the past the success of the offense has shown too brightly on one guy, Aaron Rodgers. But I think in this case, its lack of the great success we have all grown accustom to, isn't a result of AR not putting everything he has it in. It's a cumulative snowball rolling with 11 bodies tangled up inside of it and coaches scratching their heads at how to stop it.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO Rodgers demeanor in the press conference and the general attitude in the locker room reflected the fact that if the offense plays like it did yesterday, they aren't going anywhere in the playoffs. Rodgers may also be upset with receivers dropping balls - and I agree with his point that Abbrederis should be on the field more - he runs good routes and he catches the ball.

And 100 % agree with Abbrederis, I was harsh on him a couple weeks ago and may have to take it back. Dude showed up yesterday. May not be a big part of the offense yet but I was impressed when I did see him for sure.