What is going on with Rodgers?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Not sure if Favre's method or Rodgers' way of handling it is better (or if it doesn't matter) but perhaps that is a reason for some apparent resentment to Rodgers, which has exclusively come from receivers.

Rodgers method, whatever it may be/was seemed to work just fine until this year. Favre had his off stretches too, just a part of Sports. I'm still chalking it up to a group of guys all wanting to win and perform, but just not hitting on all cylinders collectively over 4 quarters each and every game. Rodgers being the hub of the offense just happens to stand out more to some, since he is involved pretty much with every play.

At this point I will take #12 as our QB, be happy at 10-4 and just hope the offensive wheel gets some grease soon, so that the hub and all the spokes start turning together.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Nah, this was just to show how bad Rodgers has been playing the last few weeks. Don't read to much into it. 4 of Teddy's td's came in the Bears game. That's why it says, "Fun with Stats". Shows how stats can misleading to a point.

I don't think anyone is contending that AR has sucked for 26 games. Also, "fun with stats".

Oh I know what he was doing :whistling: I just didn't want him too think Teddy was in someway better the Aaron :roflmao:

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers method, whatever it may be/was seemed to work just fine until this year. Favre had his off stretches too, just a part of Sports. I'm still chalking it up to a group of guys all wanting to win and perform, but just not hitting on all cylinders collectively over 4 quarters each and every game. Rodgers being the hub of the offense just happens to stand out more to some, since he is involved pretty much with every play.

At this point I will take #12 as our QB, be happy at 10-4 and just hope the offensive wheel gets some grease soon, so that the hub and all the spokes start turning together.

I don't believe anyone in these forums wants to get #12 out of town. And just because something has worked out ok, doesn't mean it can't be better right?

As far as leadership... Leading by example is great when you are perfect. It raises the expectations for all of those around you. The flip side is when you are not perfect, people can point fingers at you just as fast, and things can get out of hand quickly.

Where as sometimes when you "have someones back", that day when you aren't perfect either... They have your back. That bond can bring things together.

Brandon Lafell dropped 6 passes in one fricking game... This is what Tom had to say after.

“Everyone has confidence in him,” Brady said Monday on WEEI’s “Dennis & Callahan.” “It was his first game back, and those weren’t all easy catches. Some may have hit his hands, but they weren’t right in the sweet spot. I think for all of us, it’s getting back in football mode and dealing with the game speed and so forth. I have a lot of confidence in Jo and what he’s able to do. He’s been a great player for us since he got here. We’re going to keep finding ways to get him the football.”

And of 1 of 2 catches he made the entire game since he dropped the other 6

“Phenomenal play — he got sandwiched there and held onto it,” Brady said. “He’s that physical presence that, honestly, that we don’t have a lot of other guys can provide. The way he’s played, the way he can take hits, give them out, run through the defense, break tackles, he’s a very unique player to our team.”

People can think what they want, but just reading that gives me confidence... Makes you feel good about the team. Tom Brady takes 6 blatant drops on himself, deflecting and protecting his teammates from criticism. Saying he needs to throw them better. Everyone with a brain knows it wasn't Brady's fault. Just saying, who would you rather go to battle with?

Last edited:

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Oh I know what he was doing :whistling: I just didn't want him too think Teddy was in someway better the Aaron :roflmao:
Well against Oakland he was. Against the Bears 2nd game he was. Against Detroit this year he was. Against Denver he was. So that't a least 5 games so far this year were Teddy played better than Rodgers. That tells me that something is wrong with Rodgers for sure. And in actuality, Teddy played better against the Packers the first game than Rodgers did against the Vikings. But, who's keeping track? Let's see how Rodgers does against the Cardinals. :whistling:

Sky King

Reaction score
One has no choice but to play the hand that's dealt them. The results are a measure of how one handles adversity.

Rodgers demeanor this season has been a curious site to see. From outward appearances it has not been particularly flattering to his image. For a guy that has a winning record, division lead, a playoff spot guaranteed, a delightful girlfriend, and financial security well-beyond most peoples' dreams, something sure seems amiss -- whether it be personal or professional, real or imagined. Whatever that might be, I hope all parties involved can put it to rest. Soon.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Well against Oakland he was. Against the Bears 2nd game he was. Against Detroit this year he was. Against Denver he was. So that't a least 5 games so far this year were Teddy played better than Rodgers. That tells me that something is wrong with Rodgers for sure. And in actuality, Teddy played better against the Packers the first game than Rodgers did against the Vikings. But, who's keeping track? Let's see how Rodgers does against the Cardinals. :whistling:

Now you are sounding like my Bear fan friend who to this day insists Cutler is better then Rodgers. This I know not to be true. I will say TB has potential at the speed he is learning the game. I think AP makes him better, but that isn't taking anything away from him. With a better offensive line and another weapon at WR, TB may end up being that Franchise QB the Vikings have lacked for awhile. But it will be many years before anyone can say he is a better QB during the course of a career then AR.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Now you are sounding like my Bear fan friend who to this day insists Cutler is better then Rodgers. This I know not to be true. I will say TB has potential at the speed he is learning the game. I think AP makes him better, but that isn't taking anything away from him. With a better offensive line and another weapon at WR, TB may end up being that Franchise QB the Vikings have lacked for awhile. But it will be many years before anyone can say he is a better QB during the course of a career then AR.
Not claiming Teddy is better than Rodgers. Never would. But for some games this year he has certainly played better than Rodgers.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
One has no choice but to play the hand that's dealt them. The results are a measure of how one handles adversity.

Rodgers demeanor this season has been a curious site to see. From outward appearances it has not been particularly flattering to his image. For a guy that has a winning record, division lead, a playoff spot guaranteed, a delightful girlfriend, and financial security well-beyond most peoples' dreams, something sure seems amiss -- whether it be personal or professional, real or imagined. Whatever that might be, I hope all parties involved can put it to rest. Soon.
or....he just hates to lose or play bad. I think its obvious AR is a competitive guy. Favre was too, but he put fun over business. AR seems to do the opposite. Not saying one is a better approach then the other, but when you are on the business end of a sputtering offense, nobody is having fun.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Not claiming Teddy is better than Rodgers. Never would. But for some games this year he has certainly played better than Rodgers.
No doubts there. Then again, some games Lacy has played better then AP, but the two aren't even in the same league to be compared.

Reaction score
I think it's US. I think we're spoiled rotten fans (matter of fact I think this attitude goes much farther than sports) 7 consecutive playoff appearances (this year wrapped with 3 games to go but we want cookies n milk also) The Packer organization doesn't owe us one penny and that goes for Aaron Rodgers also.
I defend Aaron because I, like some of you, understand that life isn't a cakewalk. The only way to understand and appreciate greatness is to struggle. So Im 100% dead serious when I say "I'm glad we're struggling!" because it makes earning Victory far sweeter.
It's one thing to have an opinion or hypothesis about a struggling player etc.. It's another to turn into a conspiracy theorist and constantly play the blame game as a habit. It's ironically the same attitude that fuels poor moral in the 1st place.
That's where I draw the line in the sand with my sword (notice the Zorro pic). BTW, I'll choose Aaron Rodgers all day and twice on Sunday's over Tom Brady, even now.
I'll choose long term ethics over foolishness and blatant lies. I still wonder why Brady didn't just make light of the "deflating "and man up. I would've respected him far more and maybe even argued for him.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's US. I think we're spoiled rotten fans (matter of fact I think this attitude goes much farther than sports) 7 consecutive playoff appearances (this year wrapped with 3 games to go but we want cookies n milk also) The Packer organization doesn't owe us one penny and that goes for Aaron Rodgers also.
I defend Aaron because I, like some of you, understand that life isn't a cakewalk. The only way to understand and appreciate greatness is to struggle. So Im 100% dead serious when I say "I'm glad we're struggling!" because it makes earning Victory far sweeter.
It's one thing to have an opinion or hypothesis about a struggling player etc.. It's another to turn into a conspiracy theorist and constantly play the blame game as a habit. It's ironically the same attitude that fuels poor moral in the 1st place.
That's where I draw the line in the sand with my sword (notice the Zorro pic). BTW, I'll choose Aaron Rodgers all day and twice on Sunday's over Tom Brady, even now.
I'll choose long term ethics over foolishness and blatant lies. I still wonder why Brady didn't just make light of the "deflating "and man up. I would've respected him far more and maybe even argued for him.

Deflate gate is such a joke. Scientist have now almost unanimously agreed that it is possible for them to lose the pressure naturally. Given that and the fact it has had ZERO affect on him dicing up the best defense in the league in the Super Bowl or his 12-2 team this year.

And to deny Tom Brady even a spot as one of the best ever is absurdly homer in my mind...

My thoughts of the two

Aaron is more physically talented, ability to make more throws, in tighter spaces when he is one. Has a chance to be even better than Tom

Brady - is the true sense of a leader. He gets angry just like anyone else, but puts it on himself more often than not even if it isn't his fault. No ex-player (that I know of) ever talks bad about him. Nothing but praise. He is also a proven winner.

I'm not trying to compare the as full careers... That impossible given the years between them. And Aaron is no where near Brady at this point in a career standpoint. But is it crazy to think Aaron could learn some things from Brady as well. Instead of acting like he is perfect and everyone else around him needs to change?

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's US. I think we're spoiled rotten fans not if the objective is a championship (matter of fact I think this attitude goes much farther than sports) 7 consecutive playoff appearances (this year wrapped with 3 games to go but we want cookies n milk also) or, instead, a feeling that, somehow, this team can give us the championship The Packer organization doesn't owe us one penny and that goes for Aaron Rodgers also.no pennies, but for the obscene money they're making, I'd say they do owe us a less schizoid team
I defend Aaron because I, like some of you, understand that life isn't a cakewalk. The only way to understand and appreciate greatness is to struggle. So Im 100% dead serious when I say "I'm glad we're struggling!" because it makes earning Victory far sweeter. provided that the victory eventually shows up - ala 2010
That's where I draw the line in the sand with my sword (notice the Zorro pic). BTW, I'll choose Aaron Rodgers all day and twice on Sunday's over Tom Brady, even now. feel free, it's all subjective - I'll take the championships
I'll choose long term ethics over foolishness and blatant lies. I still wonder why Brady didn't just make light of the "deflating "and man up. as noted elsewhere, one has to really, really have it in for Brady to think that deflated footballs had any impact on his record I would've respected him far more and maybe even argued for him.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Deflate gate is such a joke. Scientist have now almost unanimously agreed that it is possible for them to lose the pressure naturally. Given that and the fact it has had ZERO affect on him dicing up the best defense in the league in the Super Bowl or his 12-2 team this year.

And to deny Tom Brady even a spot as one of the best ever is absurdly homer in my mind...

My thoughts of the two

Aaron is more physically talented, ability to make more throws, in tighter spaces when he is one. Has a chance to be even better than Tom

Brady - is the true sense of a leader. He gets angry just like anyone else, but puts it on himself more often than not even if it isn't his fault. No ex-player (that I know of) ever talks bad about him. Nothing but praise. He is also a proven winner.

I'm not trying to compare the as full careers... That impossible given the years between them. And Aaron is no where near Brady at this point in a career standpoint. But is it crazy to think Aaron could learn some things from Brady as well. Instead of acting like he is perfect and everyone else around him needs to change?
I could care less about Deflategate, but their is a reason they likened the Spygate investigation to Watergate. The things they did to get an advantage were despicable, and I don't care how good Belichick is, he's a cheater and that organization didn't receive nearly enough punishment or tarnish for that.

And this whole thing about Brady's legacy has become overblown. He hasn't even been considered the best QB in the league during most of his career. Now they've won a SB, their first since the QBs like Rodgers, Big Ben, Brees, and Eli have established themselves in the league, and he's the best who ever played. I don't care about what he did 11 years ago, because his team has been bested every year since then except the last, in which he had one of the most dominant TEs ever.

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The corporation is doing fine. We are 10-4 and teams/fans from at least 16 other teams would like to be where the Packers are.

One division in the corporation has been stagnant. The offense isn't performing to their usual standards. Duh! State the obvious! It must gnaw at our hypercompetitive QB to be part of the under performing group on this team. Now imagine having to answer hundreds of asinine questions and being under scrutiny 24/7 and being the face of the group that isn't performing up to their usual standards. Yes I know the guy makes $$$$$, but I probably wouldn't have half of his grace under pressure in dealing with that whole scenario.

I am not enamored of the offense of late but I'm cutting everyone including our QB some slack! This entire team seems like a prideful and accountable group. However, if not for Rodgers, we would be freaking Cleveland and long out of the playoff picture. I know that we at least have "a chance" with Rodgers under center and we were all reminded of that fact in Detroit this year! GPG!;)

Packerfan0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could care less about Deflategate, but their is a reason they likened the Spygate investigation to Watergate. The things they did to get an advantage were despicable, and I don't care how good Belichick is, he's a cheater and that organization didn't receive nearly enough punishment or tarnish for that.

And this whole thing about Brady's legacy has become overblown. He hasn't even been considered the best QB in the league during most of his career. Now they've won a SB, their first since the QBs like Rodgers, Big Ben, Brees, and Eli have established themselves in the league, and he's the best who ever played. I don't care about what he did 11 years ago, because his team has been bested every year since then except the last, in which he had one of the most dominant TEs ever.

No offense, but Spygate was the most overblown story of our generation. First of all, let's not pretend like the Patriots were the only team to be filming other teams. Many NFL executives of other teams have came out saying they were doing the same thing because it wasn't any big deal at the time. I'm a huge fan of Rodgers, but let's not pretend like the Pats are full-blown cheaters just because the media tells us so. Let's not forget the Pats went 16-0 the year after Spygate, so it's not like it gave them any sort of advantage like you say. Give credit where credit is due.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score

6 x AFC Champion
4 x Super Bowl Champion
3 x Super Bowl MVP
2 x League MVP

I don't know about you, but I think overblown is a little homerific. Those are some damn good stats and if Rodgers gets close to approaching that I will call him the best ever too because I am a Packer fan first.

But like Packerfan0 said

Give credit where credit is due.

You don't have to believe he is the best ever. That is subjective and for each person to decide. But to say he doesn't belong in the conversation, especially seeing him this year with basically no weapons anywhere anymore. It just ignorant to football in general.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The corporation is doing fine. We are 10-4 and teams/fans from at least 16 other teams would like to be where the Packers are.

One division in the corporation has been stagnant. The offense isn't performing to their usual standards. Duh! State the obvious! It must gnaw at our hypercompetitive QB to be part of the under performing group on this team. Now imagine having to answer hundreds of asinine questions and being under scrutiny 24/7 and being the face of the group that isn't performing up to their usual standards. Yes I know the guy makes $$$$$, but I probably wouldn't have half of his grace under pressure in dealing with that whole scenario.

I am not enamored of the offense of late but I'm cutting everyone including our QB some slack! This entire team seems like a prideful and accountable group. However, if not for Rodgers, we would be freaking Cleveland and long out of the playoff picture. I know that we at least have "a chance" with Rodgers under center and we were all reminded of that fact in Detroit this year! GPG!;)

The only point we are trying to make is that, there are others who have handled it better. And you don't have to point out a grown man's mistakes on the field in disgust. He's a human, he knows when he makes errors, and my guess is he doesn't want to be fired so I doubt he is doing it intentionally. Also I maybe wrong in this, but isn't that the coaches job? Not to say Aaron can't help. But if someone is really going to get on a wide receiver... Shouldn't that be a coach? Shouldn't the quarterback be defending the guy he is battling with?

There are places to voice your concerns but in the middle of the game in the spotlight is not that place. Neither is the media. You don't need to point out their flaws as many other famous quarterbacks have avoided doing over time. Embrace it and man up, and put your big boy ******* on. Fight for the guy next to you and its more likely he fights harder for you.

Furthermore, in my opinion screaming at him or looking at a fellow co-worker with disdain will likely not help him preform at a higher level. In my experience that makes a person try less, be more self conscience and try to avoid being the center of fault.

Wynnebeck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its our WR core, plain and simple. None of them are consistent. D's key on Cobb and nobody else has stepped up. Adams has been a flop. Ty can't stay healthy. Janis can't seem to get on the field much. Jones is a step or two too slow now. Our TE situation is mediocre. We miss Jordy. AARON misses Jordy.

As I have said many times in recent weeks, we need to look at a WR early in the draft with a good size/speed ratio. Hell, we might even need to look at FA for a WR. We need a damn TE too.

These are some things (likely the main things) that Rodgers is frustrated about.

Lets face it folks, since Rodgers has been here, we have always had a good WR core. This year we don't and its showing. Rodgers isn't used to this.

I don't agree. This WR corp is still very talented. How else would we have gotten to 6-0 and now at 10-4 if our WR corps wasn't competent? It comes down to lack of preparation and AR is fed up with it. A good example? Sunday's 3 play touchdown drive that took less than a minute to complete. It was so fast that several people in the chatbox (including myself) were left scratching our heads. If the Packers O were playing like that the whole season, 10-4 very well could be anywhere from 16-0 to 13-3 at the least.

Unfortunately, this season has not gone as accordingly and now we are in a precarious position. Once Jordy comes back next season, the O is going to open up again just watch. I will agree we need to do something about TE however. Rodgers has good hands, but no speed. If we can get a TE built like Graham or Gronk, we'll be downright scary.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't agree. This WR corp is still very talented. How else would we have gotten to 6-0 and now at 10-4 if our WR corps wasn't competent? It comes down to lack of preparation and AR is fed up with it. A good example? Sunday's 3 play touchdown drive that took less than a minute to complete. It was so fast that several people in the chatbox (including myself) were left scratching our heads. If the Packers O were playing like that the whole season, 10-4 very well could be anywhere from 16-0 to 13-3 at the least.

Unfortunately, this season has not gone as accordingly and now we are in a precarious position. Once Jordy comes back next season, the O is going to open up again just watch. I will agree we need to do something about TE however. Rodgers has good hands, but no speed. If we can get a TE built like Graham or Gronk, we'll be downright scary.
Many people oversell these receivers. Every receiving Corp in the league is very talented, ours have just made names for themselves because they've been around for a while and have had opportunities to catch many passes from and develop chemistry with an excellent QB. When Jones is on the same page as Rodgers, it looks like the GB we're used to seeing. But that hasn't happened enough.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts