What is going on with Rodgers?

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure. We've played in some bad weather the past few games, which could explain some of his missed throws, but it's been an issue all year. And he seems to just not see open receivers like has in the past. Not sure why either, maybe he is just so surprised when the receivers do get separation that he doesn't know how to react?

OP
OP
JP Doyal

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
Do you think there is an inner issue? Like him and MM not on the same page. I took it as a jab to the coaching staff when he said Abbrederis needs more playing time.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you think there is an inner issue? Like him and MM not on the same page. I took it as a jab to the coaching staff when he said Abbrederis needs more playing time.

I've thought that earlier this season too. I think there's an issue going on that we are not being told about. I think Rodgers threw a tantrum about receivers and Mccarthy probably put him in his place which he didn't probably like. Then his buddy Clements gets the play calling taken away. This team is not a unit and they are not playing like a team, they don't show heart. I get really annoyed seeing Aaron's stupid press conferences now. Even in a win today, he seemed all depressed

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm not sure if there is an internal conflict. I'm inclined to say no, but it's hard to say. Whether or not the Abbrederis comment was a jab, who knows? He's made comments before, like back when he said that the Packers should pay JJ in 2011 or 2012. If he and MM aren't on the exact same page yet, I think that is understandable as MM hasn't called plays in almost a year. I still think the offense looked better overall today, but it just isn't the same and I have to wonder if Jordy coming back next year is going to make a significant difference.

OP
OP
JP Doyal

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
Yeah its all he say she say now. But to just clinch playoff berth you gotta be happy even though it was a rough game. I hope whatever it is it gets better before Sunday...

OP
OP
JP Doyal

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
I've thought that earlier this season too. I think there's an issue going on that we are not being told about. I think Rodgers threw a tantrum about receivers and Mccarthy probably put him in his place which he didn't probably like. Then his buddy Clements gets the play calling taken away. This team is not a unit and they are not playing like a team, they don't show heart. I get really annoyed seeing Aaron's stupid press conferences now. Even in a win today, he seemed all depressed

What I thought... Something isn't clicking.

OP
OP
JP Doyal

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
And what about that comment about trying to get the ball to Woods on on that pick. I know it was sarcasm but pretty uncalled for in my opinion.

OP
OP
JP Doyal

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
Q: T-Dub, Prescott AZ - What the heck is up with Rodgers attitude. Is there really that much of a schism between him and McCarthy dating back to the NFCCG that he can't enjoy the win a bit? Aaron is really starting to come off as a diva to me.

A: Michael Cohen - I'm not sure, but something is amiss for sure. I wasn't at his press conference (Aaron speaks at the same time the locker room is open, and since I wrote about defense I stayed in the locker room) but even his body language on the field was poor. He hangs his head, flails his arms, yells when things aren't going right. It's kind of strange.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Frustration with receivers, maybe too many sacks have him rattled, A couple of bad performances could be on the back off his mind.....

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just watched his press conference. Talk about awkward,you could see him biting his lip several times. He acted as if he wanted to say something so bad but didn't. Definitely doesn't look like a happy camper

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He seems like he doesn't like the question the guy in front asks. Doesn't want to be there. And is obviously disturbed about something. Imo. When you basic my are married to the same organization for a decade. Same coach. Brass. Everything, there's bound to be some disagreements. Its called life. But we have high character guys. We will be fine...
I believe McCarthy is pushing Adams on Rodgers. Janis too maybe a bit recently. The Abby comment might suggest he should be number 3 according to the guy throwing. But Adams upside is trumping that. Adams needs time to work through the growing pains of sophmore year. Meanwhile we have 10 wins......

Nelson hurts. But I think we were fine. We havnt been fine since da Montster went down. If I had to get money, I would be said Cobb and Adams would be still been enough. But reality is Cobb isn't a cornerstone, he is a switch blade the will slice you up. Can't build an offense on him though. Adams seems to have cracked under the pressure. And Rodgers is getting pissy watching our prospective "peak" season, turn out to be his most mediocre statistical season ever. (based off expectations)....

I want to see da Montster back.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, for the past half-decade or so there was no question in my mind who the best QB in football was, and that's our guy Aaron Rodgers. I have had supreme, unbridled confidence in him as one of the best, clutchest players I've ever seen. There was just nothing on the field he could not do, no throw he could not make. This season, however, it's like the Monstars from Space Jam sucked his ability and confidence right out of him. I don't get it, it's just a completely different guy.

In the past, I have been so excited to watch this offense operate each and every time it came onto the field, but now I don't even recognize it. Needed a score? We were gonna get it. Needed a third down conversion? We were gonna get it. Obviously that was not the case every single time, but you just got the sense that Rodgers was going to make something happen. This year, I get zero sense close to that and it's hard to watch. It seems as though they expect to go three and out every drive. Yesterday, they were spotted 14 points (mainly on the strength of the defense) and stagnated from there to allow Oakland to take the lead. I know we are expecting a lot but that's the bar A-Rod and this group has set. They just aren't reaching it as of late. I can't believe I'm saying this, but at this moment, give me Brady every day of the week and twice on Sundays. I just hope Rodgers makes me look foolish for saying that

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Rodgers is pressing but his attitude is a bigger issue to me. He needs to handle the adversity a little better. Now greats like Brady and Peyton also show their emotion and dont have the best body language but Rodgers has been a little over the top. So has McCarthy to be honest. The way he was working that official after an obvious offensive PI on Jones was ridiculous.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's a lot of frustration from McCarthy to the ball boy on this team. They know they were expected to be Championship contenders, and they aren't. They know they gave away an excellent chance to win one last year. So the frustration comes out. What irks me most is MM lecturing the press about "negative" questions. They are a 10 win team and in the playoffs for the 7th year in a row, which justifies all the positive vibes, according to Mike. And he's got a very good point. The problem is: teams and coaches are judged by Championships. And with a HOF QB during his entire tenure his teams have won 1, given away probably 2; and are definitely looking like a team that will exit early this post season. And those are reasons things have to change. He feels the heat, that's for sure.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He seems like he doesn't like the question the guy in front asks. Doesn't want to be there. And is obviously disturbed about something. Imo. When you basic my are married to the same organization for a decade. Same coach. Brass. Everything, there's bound to be some disagreements. Its called life. But we have high character guys. We will be fine...
I believe McCarthy is pushing Adams on Rodgers. Janis too maybe a bit recently. The Abby comment might suggest he should be number 3 according to the guy throwing. But Adams upside is trumping that. Adams needs time to work through the growing pains of sophmore year. Meanwhile we have 10 wins......

Nelson hurts. But I think we were fine. We havnt been fine since da Montster went down. If I had to get money, I would be said Cobb and Adams would be still been enough. But reality is Cobb isn't a cornerstone, he is a switch blade the will slice you up. Can't build an offense on him though. Adams seems to have cracked under the pressure. And Rodgers is getting pissy watching our prospective "peak" season, turn out to be his most mediocre statistical season ever. (based off expectations)....

I want to see da Montster back.

I think what was most telling about Rodgers' comment was that he said "He gets open." I find it hard to believe with all of the specific criticism the WR's have gotten about getting no separation, that this wasn't an intentional comment.

Last edited:

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmm.... I'm just going to sit back and listen to this one. After I have been talking about Rodgers attitude and leadership issues all year (Getting absolutely massacred for saying anything bad). People are seeing some of this for themselves.

To add to it though, they had a debate this morning about it on the 107.5 the Fan in Green Bay this morning on my way to work. Talking about how disappointing it is to see Aaron on the sidelines lately. Comparing his attitude to Cutler.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
IMO, AR is playing the opposite of his mantra....... T I G H T

With the season long sputtering of the offense, he has taken all the pressure of making the offense work on his own shoulders. But can you blame the guy for getting frustrated with the way the other 10 around him are playing?

But you don't just magically wipe that away and say "Look Aaron, you need to R E L A X and just play". At this point, the only thing that is going to help is the whole offense doing their jobs. Stop missing blocks, routes and well thrown balls and maybe.....just maybe......AR can get back to relaxing, which is when he is at his best.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmm.... I'm just going to sit back and listen to this one. After I have been talking about Rodgers attitude and leadership issues all year (Getting absolutely massacred for saying anything bad). People are seeing some of this for themselves.

To add to it though, they had a debate this morning about it on the 107.5 the Fan in Green Bay this morning on my way to work. Talking about how disappointing it is to see Aaron on the sidelines lately. Comparing his attitude to Cutler.

I don't think everyone disagreed with you. I don't know how I feel about his leadership, I've never been part of the team, or in the locker room. However, he sometimes has very poor body language and almost looks like he doesn't care. That doesn't confirm anything, might just be his personality and he could still be a great leader. What is more worrying to me is that he's had a few ex-players (granted, two of them may have been headcases) rip him after leaving. I've never heard a player rip McCarthy before, he seems to be well respected. I don't pay as close attention to Manning or Brady, but as far as I know they haven't been ripped by former players.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its our WR core, plain and simple. None of them are consistent. D's key on Cobb and nobody else has stepped up. Adams has been a flop. Ty can't stay healthy. Janis can't seem to get on the field much. Jones is a step or two too slow now. Our TE situation is mediocre. We miss Jordy. AARON misses Jordy.

As I have said many times in recent weeks, we need to look at a WR early in the draft with a good size/speed ratio. Hell, we might even need to look at FA for a WR. We need a damn TE too.

These are some things (likely the main things) that Rodgers is frustrated about.

Lets face it folks, since Rodgers has been here, we have always had a good WR core. This year we don't and its showing. Rodgers isn't used to this.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think everyone disagreed with you. I don't know how I feel about his leadership, I've never been part of the team, or in the locker room. However, he sometimes has very poor body language and almost looks like he doesn't care. That doesn't confirm anything, might just be his personality and he could still be a great leader. What is more worrying to me is that he's had a few ex-players (granted, two of them may have been headcases) rip him after leaving. I've never heard a player rip McCarthy before, he seems to be well respected. I don't pay as close attention to Manning or Brady, but as far as I know they haven't been ripped by former players.

I absolutely agree with everything you said. I think my point is... "If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck"

This isn't one source of knowledge... It's now media writers noticing, TV, radio, it's ex players, it's what you see with your own eyes on TV on Sundays, and on my side I have some experience with the man himself. Granted I don't suit up with him on Sundays, what I know from the limited amounts. (And I don't expect anyone to take that as reason. Just my own experience.)

I think just like it is possibly to for a head coach to lose his players mid-season... I think its possible that the receivers have given up on Rodgers. Adams was better last year than this year. How? It's not like defenses key on him. He just doesn't seem to run as hard or care as much.

I don't know any of this to be true, but it could help explain this. I mean JJ Cobb and Adams... Though not top tier, are not without talent... Add in Lacy this offense isn't lacking talent. To me they are lacking drive.

OP
OP
JP Doyal

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
I think what was most telling about Rodgers' comment was that he said "He gets open." I find it hard to believe with all of the specific criticism the WR's have gotten about getting no separation, that this wasn't an intentional comment.

This is what caught my attention as well. After reading a lot about AR especially in his SI interview, they said he is very methodical in the way he speaks to the press everything is very thought out. To me this isn't just a random comment that was made. Either it was intentional or a Freudian slip like comment.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts