Week 7: Oakland at Green Bay

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it was a blow-out in the end! our D playing soft gave up way too many yards though. what's up with pettine calling so much zone when it's not our strength?

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I wish I could muster the positivity on a week-to-week basis that some of you guys do...predicting double digit wins without the use of a winking emoticon. ;)

In leveling with all of you, I'm a skeptic (no....really) in real life. CAN NOT HELP MYSELF! That's right, a dyed-in-the-wool poopie pants, I am. I'm happy as a pig in s**t with 5-1. Would piddle my pants (I'm getting to that age where that may or not be "optional" anyway) if and when the Pack go 6-1 (here it comes), but ... we haven't witnessed functional execution for an entire half of one game on either side of the ball.

The Pack have won a lot of games on turnover differential and the other guys making critical mistakes at inopportune moments - blah blah blah - at one point or another, this team needs to impose it's will on the other guys. I'm waiting to see that before I work myself into a frenzy over this wonderful start which I'm using to maximize my irritation level with my friends who are Bears and Vikings fans. :)

Thing is, I was the same way in 2010. It took me until March 2011 before I could take a breather from believing that the Pack's defense from the first 3/4 of the season wouldn't revisit us in the Super Bowl. That's right .. uh huh, uh huh .. when the gun went off, I was locked in relieved amazement while the rest of my house erupted.

...anyway, the Pack better not be reading their own press clippings because as much of a clown as Gruden is, he DID manage to win a Super Bowl (with someone else's roster, but still). If you think that Mike Holmgren's former chauffeur, who chugged around Green Bay on a bicycle in the dead of winter wouldn't love to stuff the Pack ... well never mind.

This is going to be one of those games ... irritating as a bad laxative to watch. Just because it's Chuckie on the other sideline. I'm hoping that stupid smirk of his gets slapped on to the side of the blue tent, but, the Packers defense might just make him look relevant.

Packers by 1 and even that is a prediction made by a homer.

*****backs space****delete****delete****delete~~~~~~

Hope you had fresh pants after that game? :D

;):roflmao:

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On a side note, although this was expected and not much to brag of, we have already won as many games this year as we won all of last year.

Even though there are some issues on the defense atm, I'm looking forward to the game against KC. Before this season started, I was dreading it. Of course I also assumed Mahomes would be playing, but even if he was, after today I might still feel like we could win.

Rodgers has proven that if you want to take him to task in a shootout, he can still win those. Not so certain Matt Moore is up for it though.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need Savage back but the lack of a pass rush today was concerning.

It was WONDERFUL to see our elite QB show the world he is still great. :D:D:D Its been a while. We will need more of this type of play in KC this coming week.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need Savage back but the lack of a pass rush today was concerning.

It was WONDERFUL to see our elite QB show the world he is still great. :D:D:D Its been a while. We will need more of this type of play in KC this coming week.
had they played tight man coverage the rush might have gotten to carr. he got the ball out quick since we let guys run free. smh

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
*****backs space****delete****delete****delete~~~~~~

Hope you had fresh pants after that game? :D

;):roflmao:

I didn't need 'em. Persuaded the football gods to allow me run free, unobstructed right down the middle of my son's steps and get to the porcelain god, just like Pettine's defense. I got a couple of breaks along the way ... The dog tried keeping me from the inevitable, but I juked him.

You know, the Pack's defense year to date has given up 13 plays of 30 yards or more. My god, it's 2011.

BUT, 6-1!!! 'scuse me...gotta pee...,

Members online

Latest posts