1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Week 7: Oakland at Green Bay

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers Fan Forum' started by PackAttack12, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Pintsizedbox9

Pintsizedbox9 Cheesehead

The Raiders aren't a bad team by any means. They didn't surrender a single sack against da Bears, and they managed to run the ball fairly well on top of that as well.

Not the best receiving group to say the least and I think the Packers match up pretty well.

GB 33 - OAK 17.

2. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Maybe they can beat us in the trenches, but they can't beat our refs!

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Pay the man his money

4. PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Well, while a healthy Davantae Adams gives us a true one and two receiving duo with MVS. But with him out, we got maybe MVS and ... Whoever else.

Future wise though, I think GMo may be just about done with Lazard possibly about to take his job. ESB or Kumerow may be filling in that fourth spot.

So basically, I think LaFleur is starting to figure out who the reliable guys behind Davante are, and who knows, maybe Gute will finally add the star power into that mix in this next draft.

I think going forward though, Graham must be demoted for M Lewis since Lewis appears to have better hands.

5. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I have zero doubt that offensive playmakers are going to be targeted for next season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    My doubts would be far from zero. The first 3 picks could go OT, ILB and slot. We've got a couple of FAs at those first two positions. If the Packers make a splashy WR signing in the next 12 days as many are predicting in these pages, you might scratch slot off that list and put a DL or CB on it. If Burks doesn't get out there and show something you might be looking at a second ILB.

You have to see who does what in the last 10+ games. Will we say at the conclusion that Lazard looks like a player? Does MVS progress into a respectable short route runner? How does your 3rd. round TE look by the end of this season? Does somebody you count on for next year sustain a bad injury?

Too much time, too many variables.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  7. Curly Calhoun

Curly Calhoun Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Zero doubt?

There should always be some, no?

8. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    very little this time around. I don't mean move up in the first to get a WR, but I definitely see OT and WR being 1 of the 1st 2 picks. Of course the guy they target could be gone and a heck of a DB is sitting there or ILB or something, but then I expect them to bring some in from somewhere in trade or FA before the season starts

I guess a Tackle doesn't qualify as a "playmaker" on offense, but it's a premium offensive position

9. elcid

elcid Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I don’t see why Kumerow will be higher in the pecking order. I think we will extend gmo for his experience going forward

10. PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Like I said, he (Kumerow) probably will have to contend with ESB once he gets off the IR. Not great, but he's done enough thus far that he may have a future as a number 4 depending how things go.

GMo should definitely not be extended unless he stops dropping and fumbling balls on a regular, and stops being injury prone. There's a reason he's not gaining Rodgers confidence the way Adams and Cobb had it, and no doubt Lazard is out to capitalize on him being out.

11. mongoosev

mongoosev Cheesehead

my predictions for TDs by Graham, Adams(2), and Jones. Don't ask me how they score but lets just say they cross the goal line.

12. Curly Calhoun

Curly Calhoun Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:

Speaking of Kumerow, I'm starting to wonder if he's just another pre-season star that fades away when the games start to count. With Adams out one would think that this is his chance to step up.....Still waiting.

I'm rooting for the guy, but the clock is ticking on him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. GleefulGary

GleefulGary Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I've said it for a long time, he's just not that good.

It's hard for people to realize, but stats in pre-season mean diddly squat.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. swhitset

swhitset Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Frankly i’m of the opinion that preseason in general means diddly squat.

15. Poppa San

Poppa San Levelheaded Staff Member Moderator

Packer Fan Since:
    nit pick
    At least that is how his employer spells it in their publications.

16. GleefulGary

GleefulGary Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Pretty much.

17. RRyder

RRyder Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    That's what happens when a man flops a nut strait and your holding top two pair

• Like Like x 1
  18. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Packer Fan Since:
    Yup and the Chiefs will be coming off a "mini bye week" (Thursday night game last night) to be able to rest up and prepare for the Packers next Sunday. So 3 games in a row for the Packers to face teams that have had a lot more prep time.

I know I am being a bit nit picky, but I really wish schedule makers could figure out a way to match teams up after bye weeks, so that one team doesn't have that edge. 3 straight games against those teams with the edge is really poor planning on the schedule makers part. Obviously, Thursday night Mini byes would be hard to even out, but the Chiefs could be scheduled to play a team that had a bye this week.

19. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    When I looked at these home games early, I thought they were giving the new coach a bit of a break on his learning curve. And then I saw they're on short weeks or/and or teams coming off a bye which quickly erased that thought.

20. Cheese Headed Monster

Cheese Headed Monster Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    He beat me... Straight up....

• Like Like x 1
  21. PackAttack12

PackAttack12 R-E-L-A-X

Packer Fan Since:
    Hoping it doesn't catch up to us. It does create quite the advantage for the opponent. Fortunately (for the Packers) we'll get Kansas City without Mahomes. That's a game that, before the season, I had pegged as a loss. We could still very well lose that game, but I'd venture to say that now it's a game in which the Packers "should" win, even with them having another couple of days to game plan. Their defense is putrid and that's being polite.

So now the toughest challenges we have from now until the end (not including divisional opponents) is at the Chargers (who have been pretty bad thusfar), Carolina at home, and at Frisco.

You have to figure on a divisional loss somewhere because it's very rare to sweep the division, and two of them will be on the road. But even if we lose two divisional games out of three to finish, and 2 nonconference games, we're looking at an 11-5 season, which is what I forecasted prior to the season.

Being (somewhat) arrogant, worst case for the Packers is 10-6, with every opportunity to play great football and obtain the #1 seed in the NFC at 12-14 wins. Gotta go out there and do it though.

22. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Packer Fan Since:
    Only 4 WR's practiced for the Packers today: Kumerow, Lazard, Shepherd and Grant. Could be a long day on Sunday for those 4, if MVS can't go. I have to assume Davante and G-Mo aren't playing.

23. Pkrjones

Pkrjones Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    With the lack of WR's healthy, available and/or able to run a route AND catch a pass this is the IDEAL game for MLF to roll with multiple-TE sets. I'd love to see Lewis & Tonyan in on 80%+ snaps giving GB the option of run or pass. Mix in Vitale AND Jones/Williams, also giving the option of run or pass.

Go with 1 or 2 WR (on occasion) to force them to change personnel but it's time to use those TE's as both blockers and receivers. Hopefully Graham gets in on 20% of the snaps in passing situations, only.

24. Cheese Headed Monster

Cheese Headed Monster Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Take away Adams and this is one of, currently as is, the worst receiving cores i have seen. full of nothing but j.a.g.s. (just another guy)

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. Pugger

Pugger Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    This bunch beat the Bears so we can't take them lightly at all.

• Agree Agree x 2