2025 Draft in Green Bay

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Very curious on how many of you plan on attending at least 1 day. Coming alone? General location you'll be coming from?

Personally, when I first heard the news, my initial reaction was I'm in for all 3 days. Coming probably alone from Arkansas. I want to volunteer work to the Packers for at least 1 day. I've already got my place to stay reserved about an hour and a half away.

What say you?

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm coming up for the whole thing, from Kentucky unless we've moved back to WI/MN by that time. I'd also like to volunteer to help make the event as special as possible. If I come up from Kentucky, I'll probably be in a camper.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've debated....doubt I do it, just not the right call for family and budgetary things. Would love to though!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I told the wife I'd retire if need be to go. I plan on days 2 & 3 for sure. I think day 1 will be super crazy and maybe we'll just do the outside the stadium stuff like we did for the season opener after the SB in 2011. I expect to not be drafting until 10-10:30 day one anyway (29+) Helps the budget to live 25 minutes away.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate crowds. Don't think I'd go if I lived down the street and you paid me. That would probably be one of those rent out the house and take a mini vacation times.

Todd Princl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live like 2 miles away and wouldn’t mind being a tour guide for any of you guys. I know where all the sights are (Old City Stadium, Vince Lonbardi’s house, Bart’s, Brett Favre’s in Park Place. James Starks lived a couple houses down from us)
I too am looking to volunteer.
Heard the other day that the Packer houses across from the stadium all got bought out by the Packers for celebrities and the media. They are getting a cool 25 grand. Not too shabby!!

OP
OP
PikeBadger

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I told the wife I'd retire if need be to go. I plan on days 2 & 3 for sure. I think day 1 will be super crazy and maybe we'll just do the outside the stadium stuff like we did for the season opener after the SB in 2011. I expect to not be drafting until 10-10:30 day one anyway (29+) Helps the budget to live 25 minutes away.
I'm much more interested in days 2 & 3. Don't care much about the first night. The only appeal for the first night is seeing the groups of fans from other NFL teams in a frenzy.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm much more interested in days 2 & 3. Don't care much about the first night. The only appeal for the first night is seeing the groups of fans from other NFL teams in a frenzy.
Truthfully speaking I would love to see someone that didn’t get their QB early or at all, and see JJ or Bo or Penix still there and they like the guy enough to get that fifth year option to work with and trade us out of night one. Of course if a Verse type prospect or DeJea that trade back could be tough to do but still this draft is bloated with a lot of 7 out of 10 type prospects rather than blue chip 8 or betters

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That scenario is going to depend on just where Cousins, Fields, Mayfield and Wilson wind up IMO.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Truthfully speaking I would love to see someone that didn’t get their QB early or at all, and see JJ or Bo or Penix still there and they like the guy enough to get that fifth year option to work with and trade us out of night one. Of course if a Verse type prospect or DeJea that trade back could be tough to do but still this draft is bloated with a lot of 7 out of 10 type prospects rather than blue chip 8 or betters
You realize you posted this in the 2025 draft thread?

OP
OP
PikeBadger

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
That scenario is going to depend on just where Cousins, Fields, Mayfield and Wilson wind up IMO.
I agree. Although imo, Maye and McCarthy are not 1st round prospects to begin with but there still no shortage of desperado GM's willing to reach. I'm very thankful for that too.

Reaction score
Im formulating a plan to come for 1 day. It’s going to be a visit to LaCrosse (family) Madison (friend) and I’m trying to convince him to come with me (although he’s a Vikings fan).

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Im formulating a plan to come for 1 day. It’s going to be a visit to LaCrosse (family) Madison (friend) and I’m trying to convince him to come with me (although he’s a Vikings fan).
Hopefully the Vikings have the first pick every round. Right after the Packers pick to finish the round before after day 1. He can tune out early.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will be taking a couple days off. I live close enough that on game day you can hear the roar of the crowd from my patio. (If you turn up the TV and open the window). I will check out the first round, but do I really want to wait till the end to hear the Packers pick? Maybe.

edensmage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A good friend of mine - cowboys fan - asked me about going to the draft at some point. I told him "Hell yeah!" Lets go in 2025 when it'll be in Green Bay. So I think we'll definitely be up there. Possibly even have the wives come along. If I have wine for them I'm sure they'll be content to hang out with us crazies. I've been to Lambeau a few times but if anyone local knows the landscape of good places to hang while not at the draft, lmk. Would love to meet up.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
A good friend of mine - cowboys fan - asked me about going to the draft at some point. I told him "Hell yeah!" Lets go in 2025 when it'll be in Green Bay. So I think we'll definitely be up there. Possibly even have the wives come along. If I have wine for them I'm sure they'll be content to hang out with us crazies. I've been to Lambeau a few times but if anyone local knows the landscape of good places to hang while not at the draft, lmk. Would love to meet up.
Someplace around here is a thing to do thread.

OP
OP
PikeBadger

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Door County has all kinds of wine and is a great place to hang away from the crowds in Green Bay

edensmage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We actually just booked a place. Not sure we'll keep it. The prices are insane but we at least have a place. So either way we'll find a way to be there. We may look at appleton or something further out.

Members online

Latest posts