Week 2 - Time To Drop The Hammer On The Overrated Vikes

H

HardRightEdge

Didn't know there was one. Course I should have figured, with paddlehands gone as well as RR, the anti-TE crowd had to find somebody, plus I guess some also want to inflate Lewis's tires.
I can't say I've been anti-Graham. I can say I am anti-3 years/$30 mil. The $10 mil per year average is the highest in the NFL among TEs. He better be more than a decoy as we move along through the season.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
He also looked and sounded high as kite, at least to me. ;)

If he took a needle in the knee, that wouldn't do it. In fact, that's what coming out of the zone on an adreneline high looks like. ;)

After THAT second half, I would be high as a kite too. Truth be told, he had just found out that State Farm renewed his advertising Gig for $5M, enough to take Danica out for a victory lap. :coffee:

Last edited:

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't be shocked when one of the Vikings defenders 'accidentally' stumbles into Aaron Rodgers' left leg on Sunday.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Don't be shocked when one of the Vikings defenders 'accidentally' stumbles into Aaron Rodgers' left leg on Sunday.

Or when Anthony Barr gets a "hello" from one of the Packer Players. Might be a chippy contest and I doubt the refs let players get away with much after the whistle.....Fair warning Clay Matthews.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or when Anthony Barr gets a "hello" from one of the Packer Players. Might be a chippy contest and I doubt the refs let players get away with much after the whistle.....Fair warning Clay Matthews.

Or gets a hello to his knee courtesy of a GB offensive lineman. I agree, Packers better be careful about retribution in this game.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If you think the vikings are over rated you are nuts.

I am one who doesn't think the Vikings are over rated, but I am also very happy to admit when I am wrong, so after the Packers crush them 55-0 on Sunday, I will be eating a plate of freshly cooked Crow. :coffee:

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I can't say I've been anti-Graham. I can say I am anti-3 years/$30 mil. The $10 mil per year average is the highest in the NFL among TEs. He better be more than a decoy as we move along through the season.
I'll pay him 10 million all day long if he helps allow the Packers offense to look the way that it did in the 2nd half of the Bears game, even with Rodgers on one good leg.

Teams are going to have to pick their poison. Shut down Graham in the redzone? Okay we'll pick one of our three slot/outside weapons to get the ball to. Play Graham straight up? Live with the consequences when he puts 6 on the board. To my knowledge, and maybe you can shed more light on this than I can, but I don't recall a Packers tight end getting the type of attention that Graham was getting from the Bears defense in the redzone in a really long time.

The offense has the potential to be more potent than its been since 2014, IMO.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do t think he was injected or high
I'll pay him 10 million all day long if he helps allow the Packers offense to look the way that it did in the 2nd half of the Bears game, even with Rodgers on one good leg.

Teams are going to have to pick their poison. Shut down Graham in the redzone? Okay we'll pick one of our three slot/outside weapons to get the ball to. Play Graham straight up? Live with the consequences when he puts 6 on the board. To my knowledge, and maybe you can shed more light on this than I can, but I don't recall a Packers tight end getting the type of attention that Graham was getting from the Bears defense in the redzone in a really long time.

The offense has the potential to be more potent than its been since 2014, IMO.
especially when Jones comes back. Lacy may have been nice, but he wasn't a threat to bust one at any time like Jones is. If his pass blocking is close to what Williams has been, look out. One more poison to pick from

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I do t think he was injected or high

especially when Jones comes back. Lacy may have been nice, but he wasn't a threat to bust one at any time like Jones is. If his pass blocking is close to what Williams has been, look out. One more poison to pick from
If Jones can develop in pass blocking to the level Williams is at, he'll be scary.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers in the rehab group again today.

Davante Adams will be a limited participant after not practicing yesterday.

Edit:

Per Ryan Wood, Oren Burks practiced in pads and looked more active than when he participated in last week's padded practice.

Josh Jones is the only other player besides Rodgers not practicing.

Last edited:

Dirk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man those Vikes are going to get a big *** rude awakening next week when they come here and we bust em up 38-10. They don't have the novelty offense factor that the Bears did, and even if Griffen, Joseph and Hunter are good, none of them have Mack's talents. I'm going to call a big huge Packer blowout win for several reasons:

1. 49er TEs were running crazy downfield but just dropping passes when they were thrown their way. We don't have any butterfingers (or paddlehands) on our team period, and Jimmy Graham will have his coming out party.

2. Kirk Cousins looked stupid out there and folds like a tent when you get in his face.

3. The Vikings luck has officially run out.
1. As a George Kittle fantasy owner, I agree, he could have had a huge game last week. Still decent (5 catches for 90 yards), but that huge drop was a killer. Hopefully Jimmy G can take advantage.

2. Need to get a pass rush in order to force that. Clay has to be better. Hopefully that was just rust and not a sign of what's to come from #52.

3. Not sure luck is why people think they are good. A solid roster. Might have gotten lucky that a late hit broke 12's collar bone last year. Go Pack Go!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
His eyes were super red before the game started too. Did anyone else catch that? I'll try to get a decent pic from my DVR recording.

Careful, the media gets a hold of that and next thing we know, it will be reported that "Aaron is smoking weed in the locker room with Aaron Jones and buying PEDS from Clay".

TEXPAC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I certainly hope the PACK delivers some payback for the two games last year.................

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think there is only one person here that thinks their success is due to luck. They have some good players, it's not hard to see.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I want to know is what did New Orleans and Philly figure out about the Vikings defense? Over the second half of the saints game and the Philly game the Vikings defense looked like the Packers defense from last year. Saints went 5 drives with 3 TDS and fg in the 2nd half. Eagles scored on 5 of their 1st 7 drives. Over 12 drives the Vikings defense gave up 55 points (that doesn't count the pick 6 philly had). Was it just a fluke or is there something there?

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I want to know is what did New Orleans and Philly figure out about the Vikings defense? Over the second half of the saints game and the Philly game the Vikings defense looked like the Packers defense from last year. Saints went 5 drives with 3 TDS and fg in the 2nd half. Eagles scored on 5 of their 1st 7 drives. Over 12 drives the Vikings defense gave up 55 points (that doesn't count the pick 6 philly had). Was it just a fluke or is there something there?

Vikings can give up a lot of deep balls if you give your QB time to find them, particularly to TEs.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

I am guessing and hoping Pettine is studying that. But I am also pretty sure that so are/have been the Viking Defensive coaches and if they haven't already, they are going to clean it up.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am one who doesn't think the Vikings are over rated, but I am also very happy to admit when I am wrong, so after the Packers crush them 55-0 on Sunday, I will be eating a plate of freshly cooked Crow. :coffee:

I will be happy to squeak by 24-23 like we did last week. Hope we don't have to do it the same way though.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers in the rehab group again today.

Davante Adams will be a limited participant after not practicing yesterday.

Edit:

Per Ryan Wood, Oren Burks practiced in pads and looked more active than when he participated in last week's padded practice.

Josh Jones is the only other player besides Rodgers not practicing.

I'm perfectly OK with Rodgers staying with the rehab unit. I'm not sure it says anything about whether or not he will play. I don't think they know yet and why not give Kizer the reps with the first team. Lord knows Aaron doesn't need them.

So other than Rodgers good news on the injury front. Of course that's kind of like saying other than the fact Bob is dead he is in perfect health.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am guessing and hoping Pettine is studying that. But I am also pretty sure that so are/have been the Viking Defensive coaches and if they haven't already, they are going to clean it up.
I would more hope philbin and mccarthy are studying it but Pettine can scout the Vikings defense too :)

I agree the Vikings will try to shore it up but I posted back in this thread they gave up a very high ypc average last week with some big chunck yardage plays. That is which SF leaving a few big plays on the field and turning it over in a way I would be shocked to see Rodgers do.

I think the Viking's defense like most can be taking advantage of if you block the pass rush and don't turn it over. SF didn't do either of those

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I would more hope philbin and mccarthy are studying it but Pettine can scout the Vikings defense too :)

I agree the Vikings will try to shore it up but I posted back in this thread they gave up a very high ypc average last week with some big chunck yardage plays. That is which SF leaving a few big plays on the field and turning it over in a way I would be shocked to see Rodgers do.

I think the Viking's defense like most can be taking advantage of if you block the pass rush and don't turn it over. SF didn't do either of those

LOL......thanks for correcting my mental fart.....you are correct....while Pettine might help break down what that Viking defense is doing, as you pointed out, it will be MM and Philbin devising the ways to break it.

Phazael

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My issue with Graham is not what we paid him, its how we got to him. If you watched the Raider game Monday, you might have noticed they have a tight end who is pretty good named Cook. We dumped that guy for that lump Bennet and now we are at Graham to fill the hole. We had a guy who was producing (and still is on an inferior offense) that Rogers clearly was good with. I felt this way when we dropped Kuhn for Ripfumbleski too, but for different reasons, namely we dumped a guy who could still block and catch (and run) to save a couple bucks. You will notice Jordy's absence this year for the same reason. We could be year three with Cook and Rogers, plus did some give and take over the Jordy issue until we had a real replacement for him. Instead, we are starting guys for the first season here AGAIN in key places, often less talented guys who cost us more money. The process is totally at odds with the supposed reasoning for not taking Mack onto the roster (which I personally would have dealt Clayfaker to Oakland as part of that trade to lessen both cap and draft picks). Either we need to keep consistency or we need to grab the best guy, pick one. Right now, the roster strategy seems to be schizophrenia combined with hoping Rogers can pull miracles out of his butt. Darth Bellicheck might be able to make that work, but not Padlevel McMuffin, especially the way he keeps tossing people under the bus to save his skin.

Short version, we paid a good TE a lot of money for a three year deal? Great lets actually KEEP the guy three years for a change, instead of letting people who still have gas in the tank go look productive on other teams because something shiney came along or we wanted to save a tiny amount of cap.

Members online

Latest posts