Week 2 - Time To Drop The Hammer On The Overrated Vikes

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sometimes I think the fans on this board are drinking the kool-aid a little too much. You all need to slow your roll a bit. The Vikings are a team to reckon with. They are not overrated at all and arguably are better than last year. We will need to fire on all cylinders to win a closely contested battle.

Just for the record, we did not hit on all cylinders today which is why we didn’t win.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MANY people underestimated what one man could do on D. I keep thinking mack is going to run around some corner and come after me yelling, "da bears!" that's how scary it was seeing him the first half. so I will not underestimate what the vikings d can do as a TEAM. I will be humble in my opinion of what can happen this game. I will just say one team will win and one team will lose. :tup:

I'd stay away from Vegas if I were you mongoose

They could tie.

Ties never happen in the NFL ;)

At least I put in that winkie thingie so you all knew I was not serious.

Just call for the win next time will you Dblbogey

Reggie White Cheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw Rodgers shaking his head a lot at the end of regulation, during OT, and after the game. Seems he's lost faith in the defense and MM.

See I will play both sides here.. on one hand he is sick and tired of the same routine defense and them not coming through in the clutch on multiple occasions.. they do make plays but not enough where Rodgers has to do it all himself.. a more consistent defense is what he is displeased with..

On the other hand he is shaking his head from the BS roughing the passer call (which we get our share of) where he knew it was going to heed toward Minny.. Good fought game nonetheless but Crosby had a chance and should have connected in that moment but us Packers fan just knew where this was headed after the RTP on Couains..

Heads up and on to week 3 with what 0 losses..
GO PACK GO

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See I will play both sides here.. on one hand he is sick and tired of the same routine defense and them not coming through in the clutch on multiple occasions.. they do make plays but not enough where Rodgers has to do it all himself.. a more consistent defense is what he is displeased with..

On the other hand he is shaking his head from the BS roughing the passer call (which we get our share of) where he knew it was going to heed toward Minny.. Good fought game nonetheless but Crosby had a chance and should have connected in that moment but us Packers fan just knew where this was headed after the RTP on Couains..

Heads up and on to week 3 with what 0 losses..
GO PACK GO

Well, plus I think Rodgers looks back in hindsight wishing he hadn't allowed his hard count attempts to use up those timeouts. I know he's a master at drawing defenses offsides, but he should know Zimmer knows this and would have his guys ready for hard counts.

If he saves those timeouts, he perhaps has a few more seconds to work with on the final drive of regulation giving Crosby a shot inside of 50.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard count hasn't fooled anyone the first 2 weeks, the book is pretty well out on that.

There's nothing wrong with trying it, but yeah, you need to still plan on snapping the ball. Don't burn a timeout just to try a hard count.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing not being talked about is Rodgers starting to build chemistry with Graham. I like seeing that and I think Jimmy is going to be huge for this offense down the stretch.

Reaction score
These teams are very well matched. This game could’ve been decided on both sides multiple times.
I would normally say the visitor wins a Tie while playing on the road..But with Rodgers being gimpy? this particular game goes to GB 4 out of 5 times if Aaron is playing with healthy legs.
Thank You #12! No way does GB win with Kizer today

D

Deleted member 6794

Sorry but no, and I'm usually the first to jump on the refs for bad stuff, but they called that same thing on Kendricks earlier, and it's the call we wanted made on Barr about Rodgers last year. So no I'm not going to argue the call.

Matthews hit on Cousins wasn't anywhere close to being similar than the one Barr laid on Rodgers last year. Terrible call.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game was very similar to the Seattle playoff game.
  • Double digit lead in the 4th quarter.
  • Defense played well for most of the game, but fell apart at the end.
  • Offense could only muster 1 TD and a bunch of field goals.
  • A late INT that should seal the game for most teams, but MM fails to do so again.

Last edited:

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikings cut their kicker. He may be the one who got hurt the most by the terrible penalty on Clay. He would still have a job today for sure

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry but no, and I'm usually the first to jump on the refs for bad stuff, but they called that same thing on Kendricks earlier, and it's the call we wanted made on Barr about Rodgers last year. So no I'm not going to argue the call.

I say both teams lucked out.

Vikings lucked out that Clay is on our team and is stupid.

We lucked out that they got a bad kicker.

Well, nobody predicted a tie.

None of those calls should have been made. Not on Matthews, not on Kendricks and not on Barr.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
This game was very similar to the Seattle playoff game.
  • Double digit lead in the 4th quarter.
  • Defense played well for most of the game, but fell apart at the end.
  • Offense could only muster 1 TD and a bunch of field goals.
  • A late INT that should seal the game for most teams, but MM fails to do so again.

I would toss in the "Fail Mary" game as well, when an obvious interception was ruled a Seattle TD catch, to win the game, by one very blind fill in official.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Yeah... I normally don't get too worked up. Win, lose or tie but yesterday's game got to me.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh my stream was bad and I missed the coin toss. Forgot the visitors get to call it.

This is why I sometimes wish Mike McCarthy would get a coach for life contract with being able to end it on his own terms because this is the IQ level his critics have.