Week 2 - Time To Drop The Hammer On The Overrated Vikes

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I’m optimistic But! If Arod gets hurt I still don’t have much Kizer confidence, can anyone tell me if their any step in backups who are finishers?

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MANY people underestimated what one man could do on D. I keep thinking mack is going to run around some corner and come after me yelling, "da bears!" that's how scary it was seeing him the first half. so I will not underestimate what the vikings d can do as a TEAM. I will be humble in my opinion of what can happen this game. I will just say one team will win and one team will lose. :tup:

They could tie.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is going to be a really tough game. Just read this article - http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/...better-everywhere-but-qb-if-its-aaron-rodgers

I would agree that the Vikings are better position by position on defense. Would be hard to argue that. A little tough to compare 3-4 to 4-3 but maybe interior dline is close with Joseph and Richardson compared to Clark, Daniels, Wilkerson. Both very good.

I think they are completely wrong about O-line. I would take the Packers oline every day of the week. Bahk is easily the best of the two groups and it isnt close. Bulaga might be second best.

At wr/te I actually think it is pretty close. The Vikings have two very good wrs - even if I think Diggs is overrated some - and a solid TE. The Packers have two very good wrs - as Cobb showed last week he is still a playmaker with Rodgers - and a solid TE. I think GB is better with their 3rd wr. Allison has just shown way more than the bust that is Treadwell. I would call this a wash.

So if Rodgers plays gb has a large edge at qb and to me oline. Pass catchers is close. The Vikings running game was not impressive last week but I guess it is better. But after that the Vikings really are the better roster. Should be a fun game. I will be holding my breath a lot when Rodgers drops back to pass

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know this much, the Queens have a very talented roster as much I want to say otherwise. Their D has playmakers at every level and are typically sound schematically. Cousins is an upgrade over CK in my eyes and by a fair margin. AT and SD are two quality WR's and Rudolph is always a threat although we've contained him for the most part over the years. Cook and Murray give them a dynamic 1-2 punch out of the backfield as well. As much as I wish I could say this is a team in decline but I just don't see it that way. I still believe we win the game if we play well but there is no way we win this game if we play a mediocre ballgame. We will get boat-raced. Give me the Good Guys 23-20

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MANY people underestimated what one man could do on D. I keep thinking mack is going to run around some corner and come after me yelling, "da bears!" that's how scary it was seeing him the first half. so I will not underestimate what the vikings d can do as a TEAM. I will be humble in my opinion of what can happen this game. I will just say one team will win and one team will lose. :tup:

The Bears are more than one man on defense. I think the combination of the "not different" play calling and the fact that Mack and Smith were on second half play counts (and got wore down like the rest of the D did when not able to substitute due to the "not different" play calling.) They are not as good as the vikings but they are more of a team than just one man.

I did, but you cannot make a claim about a team after one week. Dalvin Cook / Murray ARE better than Howard/Cohen who ate us up last night. Kirk Cousins IS better than Mitch Truibisky. Thelien / Diggs ARE better than Robinson/Gabriel. The Vikings offense is simply better than the Bears offense. Point blank.

I wouldn't say Cook/Murray are better than Howard/Cohen. Cook may be better than both Bears backs but I'd say both Bears backs are better than Murray. QB and WR yeah, the vikings get the nod.

Yesterday's numbers of 323 pass yards 3 TDs to about 240 and 2 TDs suggest otherwise.

Using stats from one game to prove one player is better than another. Come on man, I thought you were smarter than that.

This. I still am not sure Cousins will be better than Keenum was last year for the Vikings because Keenum played out of his mind but Cousins is a better qb. My hope is that the Packers can exploit the Vikings oline which gave up 3 sacks and a fair amount of qb hits - actually similar to what the Packers oline gave up. Also Cousins wasnt incredible accurate completing 20 of 36. Another potentially good sign is the Vikings rbs really didnt run well. 27 carries for 82 yards. Cook had 16 carries for just 40 yards and 15 came on one run. on the other 15 he had just 25 yards. I think our interior line can hold them in check.

The Vikings defense on the other hand is a wrecking crew. They forced 4 turnovers and had 4 sacks and 9 qb hits. The 49ers were banged up heading in and the Vikings banged them up more so I expect the Packers offense to play much better. A silver lining the 49ers average a crazy 17.4 ypc. Garoppolo was inaccurate and made some bad decisions but when he did complete passes they picked up big chunks of yardage - passes of 36, 39, and 56 yards.

Cousins may not put up better numbers over the course of a season than Keenum did last year because like you said Keenum played out of his mind but I think Cousins will be a more steady and reliable QB. There will be less of a chance for him to lay an egg if you will. Even with Rodgers it will be a difficult test and I think you are right, it will come down to our D-line Vs their O-line If we can pressure Cousins and slow down Cook Rodgers will have a shot.

They could tie.

Ties never happen in the NFL ;)

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Davante on the injury report today, possible back injury.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Can't attach a fancy tweet like C-Lee on my work computer ;)

But per Tom Pelissero on AR's media session:

- Says knee felt a little better each day
- Does he need to practice to play?
"Nope"
- Noted he's played with left knee issues since he was 16, also had surgery at 20 and after 2015 season
- Said it's accurate to call it a sprain

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
As someone else said, no Rodgers, no doubt about outcome. Even with Aaron, make no mistake that the Vikes are the more talented team.

And...it's not the first time I've said over the years...and the Packers have still beat them. The better TEAM will win Sunday. It may even come down to "the better team on Sunday, will win on Sunday".

I will say that I'm not crapping nickels and flipping handsprings at the Pack's chances. If the Pack's defense can stifle their offense as their defense is going to stifle ours...we have a shot.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't attach a fancy tweet like C-Lee on my work computer ;)

But per Tom Pelissero on AR's media session:

- Says knee felt a little better each day
- Does he need to practice to play?
"Nope"
- Noted he's played with left knee issues since he was 16, also had surgery at 20 and after 2015 season
- Said it's accurate to call it a sprain

Pretty interesting too how Rodgers described the Jimmy Graham factor opening space for receivers

https://www.packers.com/news/aaron-rodgers-hoping-to-play-sunday

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Btw, I'll retract part of my statement on Cousins being the most overpaid overinflated garbage dump QB to saying he's second in that category.

The big prize winner is Matthew Stafford who showed he isn't worth what the Lions paid him at all on Monday.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Btw, I'll retract part of my statement on Cousins being the most overpaid overinflated garbage dump QB to saying he's second in that category.

The big prize winner is Matthew Stafford who showed he isn't worth what the Lions paid him at all on Monday.
You let individual performances sway your thoughts way too easily.

Wayne Gregory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have absolutely no idea what to expect with this game.
Rodgers will play! I believe The Pack will stomp the life out of this Queen team! I would love it if we were up 30 points in the 4th and still throwingvit all over the place!

"Hello wound" - Salt

Wayne Gregory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You should be worried about whether or not your $140 million QB can walk today or practice this week rather than go around making boastful statements of how well your team will do next week. But that's just me.
Why are you here? Go to your teams forum...

Pack 38

Vikings 20

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Why are you here? Go to your teams forum...
@Raptorman is one of the longest tenured members of this board. He'll come in handy when the trolls show up later this week. even if his team fandom is a bit misguided. We have 5-8 regular posters that are fans of other teams. Once you can take the newbie off your tag line, you'll understand.

Starr To Dowler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am guessing this is heavy sarcasm since the Vikings beat a 49ers team that isn't great by just 8 at home. The Vikings defense is great but if the Packers limit turnovers and make catches unlike Jimmy G and 49ers they will be right there.

I guess you could just be talking about the first half Packers from last night. But the second half Packers could definitely beat the Vikings

Second-half Packers probably win the Super Bowl.

Members online