Week 2 - Time To Drop The Hammer On The Overrated Vikes

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I don't care about your 2 olinemen. Or you 1 game sample size. Over the past 4 years the Vikings D has had amazing health. It's not even debatable
That is true. They have done well. I always wonder if it has to do with the Training program the team has. Since the Packers always seem to be losing players like a dead flower losing petals.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is true. They have done well. I always wonder if it has to do with the Training program the team has. Since the Packers always seem to be losing players like a dead flower losing petals.
Only if your defensive players have a different training staff than your offensive ones.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if rodger's sits this game out to let his knee heal

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sometimes I think the fans on this board are drinking the kool-aid a little too much. You all need to slow your roll a bit. The Vikings are a team to reckon with. They are not overrated at all and arguably are better than last year. We will need to fire on all cylinders to win a closely contested battle.

More like the Debbie downers come out in abundance and buy into worthless fools gold teams worse than opposing fans.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if rodger's sits this game out to let his knee heal
If the only concern with Rodgers' knee is dealing with the pain (i.e., no further risk of making it worse) he's going to be on the field.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the only concern with Rodgers' knee is dealing with the pain (i.e., no further risk of making it worse) he's going to be on the field.
It's a long season. If there is swelling, I would be ok with him taking the week off and not making this a lingering injury that just hinders him all year. We all know Rodgers becomes a huge threat when able to roll outside the pocket Luckily they made changes in the 2nd half yesterday to help get him covered

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
It's a long season. If there is swelling, I would be ok with him taking the week off and not making this a lingering injury that just hinders him all year. We all know Rodgers becomes a huge threat when able to roll outside the pocket Luckily they made changes in the 2nd half yesterday to help get him covered
It's possible, but the Vikings at home? He's gonna be licking his chops and ready for vengeance.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikings are a better team than the Bears and Cousins is a different dynamic than likes of Keenum and brings a lot to the table, but then he's still no AR12. I expect us to get the win, but it's be close.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
min is not overrated. they've earned their rating and it's accurate. as last night proved again a less mobile Rodgers gets the ball out faster and is more surgical. no time to hold the ball and look for the home run ball unless it presents itself. the o-linemen also know where Rodgers is at all times and can move their man in the appropriate direction. i like in-the-pocket move-the-chains Rodgers.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Viking defense the real deal, they really dont have a weakness on D. Every single starter on their D tackles with form.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man those Vikes are going to get a big *** rude awakening next week when they come here and we bust em up 38-10. They don't have the novelty offense factor that the Bears did, and even if Griffen, Joseph and Hunter are good, none of them have Mack's talents. I'm going to call a big huge Packer blowout win for several reasons:

1. 49er TEs were running crazy downfield but just dropping passes when they were thrown their way. We don't have any butterfingers (or paddlehands) on our team period, and Jimmy Graham will have his coming out party.

2. Kirk Cousins looked stupid out there and folds like a tent when you get in his face.

3. The Vikings luck has officially run out.
My prediction for the Vikes game last year was similar to this...

I'm going to go ahead and watch this time. Optimistically. I think we win. Realistically in nervous about #12 s knee.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Hey, they ain't dead until the last petal is lost. That doesn't make any sense but I had to come up with something.

Reaction score
Is it me or is this coming Vikings game Sunday scaring the crap out of anyone?

I will even go as far as saying Rodgers will be hurt again.
Sorry, maybe I should go back on my meds.

Last edited:

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I sure wish we had a designated place to discuss individual games on this forum..... :whistling:

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just can’t imagine this o line having a good game against the Vikings front four.. which is better than the Bears front four. I pray Rodgers can at least run some...for his sake. Expect to see a ton of max protection and 3 man routes. Our WRs better come ready to play ..and we HAVE to run the ball with success so they can’t drop 6 guys into coverage every play.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
He will sit out if the injury won't let him play. I doubt if he sits out just to let it heal.
Look at it from the perspective of Sunday nights game. They said if he played he couldn't do any more damage to it. So, that would mean that if he plays this Sunday he shouldn't be able to do any more damage to it. Unless of course they were lying. So, if he can't do any more damage, what would prevent him from playing? Pain? Well in his interview after the game, it sounded like he wasn't feeling any pain. :)

H

HardRightEdge

In the post game interview, Rodgers said he will play. I wouldn't have any reason to doubt that.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Imo, they’re not overrated. They’re a legit squad with playmakers all over. I think we edge them out though due to the Rodgers factor, I literally have not thought we were going to lose a game in so many years since Rodgers has been on top of the game.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts