Week 15 - Carolina Panthers In Town - Saturday Edition

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Remember how we kept Jacksonville in the game?

I remember the Jacksonville game and ultimately they won it. Don't overlook the fact that winning is tough and every team has hiccups. I would point more to the MN game than Jacksonville. The elements can be great equalizers. Weather report for Saturday night is a few clouds with a low around 20F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph. I don't see that being that adverse.

The Packers are the highest scoring offense in the league with a red hot Aaron Rodgers. The Panthers are the 20th ranked defense and they are without McCaffrey on offense. They can't just show up and think they are going to win, but my feeling is the Packers are focused. I was a little concerned about this game but without MCM and after looking at the stat lines, I'm much more comfortable. I'm hoping for a feel good win. GPG!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I think except for maybe the Falcons and 49'ers games, this is the most confident that I have been this season that the Packers will win.

Last edited:

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This one actually scares me more than the Lions or Bears games did. Non divisional game against a team that has nothing to play for but pride. Kind of the wounded animal theory. It scares me even more with CMC back this week.

I thought I heard CMC wasn't going to play Saturday night.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are no easy wins in this league.

Heck, just last week there were eight games with a winning margin of at least three scores. Now, if you mean there are no wins that should be considered easy going in, that's harder with which to argue. :)

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Heck, just last week there were eight games with a winning margin of at least three scores. Now, if you mean there are no wins that should be considered easy going in, that's harder with which to argue. :)
Just because teams are able to make it look easy at times doesn't mean it is.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I thought I was a terminal nail-biter, and even I have watched some games that never seemed to be in doubt. :)

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, decided to dig up some information about tonight's game and the TV/streaming options. Just to be clear on how you can watch it:

Local channels carrying the game:

FOX 11 in Green Bay

FOX 6 in Milwaukee

And if you're in NC, ABC 9 in Charlotte

For everyone else, your only option to watch on TV is NFL Network

If you have a smartphone, there is an option to watch on the Yahoo Sports app and NFL app. But you will need to have a mobile data connection to do so and it won't work on Wi-Fi. It only works specifically for mobile phones, and limited on tablets, and unfortunately doesn't work on laptops or connected TVs.

If anyone wants to try a possible workaround, PM me.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just a feeling the guys play one of their best all-around games of the season.
Packers, 34 - 17

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
There's really no where on either side of the ball where the Panthers have any sort of decided advantage over the Packers. Like I said previously, no easy games in the NFL, but I think this has the potential to be a tour de force kind of game for the Packers.

They don't pass great. They don't run great. They don't have true difference makers at the skill positions. They don't generate a lot of pressure, and they're weak on the backend.

All of this could add up to a decisive Packers victory.

45-17 Packers

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Packers inactives:

QB Jordan Love
CB Josh Jackson
LB Jonathan Garvin
G Simon Stepaniak
TE Jace Sternberger

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I've been surprised nobody has brought up Bridgewater and his bad decision making. And I'm not necessarily talking about interceptions as the thing ... he's only thrown 8. But he will gun that ball without setting his feet, I've seen it. I'd say the defining throw for him this year was throwing that ball way off target against Minny with a wide open receiver in the endzone.

Don't know why but I got a feeling he's going to drop a couple in Alexander and Amos's bread baskets

GBowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This offense has gone stagnant with the big lead. Rodgers is passing up open short throws. Not sharp at all. It should be over by now. They’re going to end up with a game on their hands before it’s over. 3 sacks and no big plays. It’s time to wake up.

GBowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
King drives me nuts. He plays soft coverage and never wants to make contact. I’ve watched him literally back away from a tackle. Panthers just scored. Game on. Pathetic D once again.
And why do we even put somebody back on kick returns? Special teams suck, period. I will be positive when I see something that warrants it.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
King mixes it up in the run game regularly. I don’t think you’re even really watching. Lol

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
King mixes it up in the run game regularly. I don’t think you’re even really watching. Lol
I agree, however, I wish he would spend some time with Amos and learn to wrap up up when he tackles instead of doing the dang throw your body through the guy move.

GBowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, however, I wish he would spend some time with Amos and learn to wrap up up when he tackles instead of doing the dang throw your body through the guy move.

Exactly. If he doesn’t completely whiff, he tries to shoulder bump. Very seldom wraps up.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mixed feelings from seeing all that

On the one hand, you just take your wins any way you can get them.

That Panther team does have talent but just hasn't been able to put complete games together with it. They were close to beating Kansas City, New Orleans and Minny. In fact, only two games they lost more than a TD margin were their games vs TB. But in other words, not a team that's been blown out very much.

But still.... Some of the patterns this offense has gotten itself into are ridiculous. They are better than last year for the most part, but they still got some struggles with finishing off opponents. And ********* as much as I defend Rodgers against the trolls, he can be his own worst enemy with those stupid sacks he takes.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And ********* as much as I defend Rodgers against the trolls, he can be his own worst enemy with those stupid sacks he takes.
When you are winning the game like we were; it might be better to take the sacks. And some of the sacks there was nothing he could do. A few too many of those crummy short throws in the flat. I mean, they work when they aren't really expected. We throw them too often imho.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When you are winning the game like we were; it might be better to take the sacks. And some of the sacks there was nothing he could do. A few too many of those crummy short throws in the flat. I mean, they work when they aren't really expected. We throw them too often imho.

Sometimes, and granted the pass protection this game was atrocious. But still, it drives me nuts when it happens when we're in solid FG range and the end result is either a more difficult FG for Crosby, or getting taken out of FG range.

Course on that note, man oh man do I feel lucky to have Mason. He may have had a few ups and downs over the years, but I definitely think he's on par with the likes of Gostowski and Vinatieri.

Staff online

Latest posts