Week 17 - At Detroit, the Lions Finale No. 4 in a row- Let's Get That 1 Seed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure they do, but in this crazy week to week league I don't think that one is going to play much of a role in either team's approach. Not to mention most of the Detroit players who were factors in that game are on IR now and won't be playing on Sunday.

I think what we just have to be careful of is coming off a high of beating a good team on the road in a heavily hyped game and then coming out here flat here. That is certainly a challenge.

On the other hand, I'd say the Detroit fans have gotten themselves a bit of a taste of the Green Bay injury medicine. To anyone who gloated about beating us when Rodgers and Jones were out over the last two years prior to this, well karma is a *****. Welcome to our world.
And getting smoked 4 times by the Lions in a row before the 23-22 win still lingers in the back of many of our players. It is pay back time.

Reaction score
detroit secretly loves us so they want big brother to advance as 1 seed! bears on the other hand, they are in the corner....
Might sound strange to some, but the years we’ve been knocked out of the playoffs I normally want the AFC team to lose the SB. At one point recently the NFC vs AFC was .500 each. What’s the probability?.
I’d be mildly supporting the Lions if they earned it and were finally able to make an appearance, most of their fans seem down to earth.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Might sound strange to some, but the years we’ve been knocked out of the playoffs I normally want the AFC team to lose the SB. At one point recently the NFC vs AFC was .500 each. What’s the probability?.
I’d be mildly supporting the Lions if they earned it and were finally able to make an appearance, most of their fans seem down to earth.
I never routed for any team in our division that went to a SB. And if the NFC team made havoc for us at some point I routed for the AFC team. Case in point Atlanta and Seattle. I pulled for the Pats. Yet I was glad for the Eagles when they knocked off the Vikes so I pulled for their SB win. Yet back in the McNabb days I routed for the Pats because he escaped a few games against us that he should not have. All 4 times the Vikings went back in the day I routed for the AFC team. And every time the AFC team won.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lions aren’t going to roll over. They’d love nothing more than to beat us. They are going to run the ball and they are going to be aggressive on defense. This has trap game written all over it. These dudes better come to play or they’ll be hosting the Queens next Sunday.

D

Deleted member 6794

Side note: if Dallas and Seattle win their divisions this weekend, our opponents next season will be identical to the 2008 season. Not positive on locations.

The Packers play Jacksonville and Tennessee at home next season which they didn't in 2008. The rest of the schedule would be the exact same.

Hopefully, the players will remember how close they came to losing the first meeting in Green Bay.

The Lions had Stafford at quarterback for that game though.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So sorry to hear about Lions' receiver, Marvin Jones's son. How heartbreaking. I would probably root for them if we weren't playing them.

That being said, the Packers have to play smart and if they get a large lead, I would sit some of the starters.

D

Deleted member 6794

Packers inactives:

Ryan Grant
Will Redmond
Jamaal Williams
Danny Vitale
Alex Light
John Leglue

Reaction score
I never routed for any team in our division that went to a SB. And if the NFC team made havoc for us at some point I routed for the AFC team. Case in point Atlanta and Seattle. I pulled for the Pats. Yet I was glad for the Eagles when they knocked off the Vikes so I pulled for their SB win. Yet back in the McNabb days I routed for the Pats because he escaped a few games against us that he should not have. All 4 times the Vikings went back in the day I routed for the AFC team. And every time the AFC team won.
See I’m a different animal. I’d rather see Lions get 1 than the Pats get to 7. I tend to naturally go underdog as a general rule. I’ll never go Patriots, no Offense to you though.
I respect fan bases that are generally modest. I don’t see Lions fans as obnoxious. Nothing like Seattle in their recent heyday. Pete Carroll might be a good coach, but my track coach was exactly like him. I can’t stand the guy honestly. I didn’t like him in college either.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is terrible but I feel that if AR, wants to prove all the naysayers and doubters wrong and "get hot"...this and the SECOND HALF and into the playoffs is the PERFECT TIME to do that

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DO they want the #1 seed?

GB desperately needs to upgrade this WR corp for next season. MVS and Allison have regressed, while Lazard needs a couple more years.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not just the WRs... he has just flat out MISSED some throws

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure they do, but in this crazy week to week league I don't think that one is going to play much of a role in either team's approach. Not to mention most of the Detroit players who were factors in that game are on IR now and won't be playing on Sunday.

I think what we just have to be careful of is coming off a high of beating a good team on the road in a heavily hyped game and then coming out here flat here. That is certainly a challenge.

On the other hand, I'd say the Detroit fans have gotten themselves a bit of a taste of the Green Bay injury medicine. To anyone who gloated about beating us when Rodgers and Jones were out over the last two years prior to this, well karma is a *****. Welcome to our world.

This certainly doesn't look like our world today.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll say it again, if AR wants to "get hot" and carry it into the playoffs (where it matters)... NOW is the perfect time for that

Premontre1969

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll say it again, if AR wants to "get hot" and carry it into the playoffs (where it matters)... NOW is the perfect time for that
It’s a mental thing. He needs to get out of his head and click-in his passing ability. This is a first rate NFL team that will win any forthcoming game where Aaron Rogers is throwing well. Maybe he needs to take another split second to assure accuracy. We know he Can do it!

Spencer Gray

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know there is still time but this is killing me. I haven't complained all year to anybody. I know there will be up and down games, but this is ridiculous. We are playing like we don't care, and AR is playing terrible. At what point does Lafleur change something? I know AR basically does whatever he wants, but there has to be something to do. Call him out, make sure we put it on him. There's no tempo, no rhythm, nothing. We just drop back, miss, hand off, next play miss. It's awful. Once in a great while we move with some flow and plays that move guys around, but then it stops. It's killing me. I just want to see this team play like they are capable.

Spencer Gray

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know there is still time but this is killing me. I haven't complained all year to anybody. I know there will be up and down games, but this is ridiculous. We are playing like we don't care, and AR is playing terrible. At what point does Lafleur change something? I know AR basically does whatever he wants, but there has to be something to do. Call him out, make sure we put it on him. There's no tempo, no rhythm, nothing. We just drop back, miss, hand off, next play miss. It's awful. Once in a great while we move with some flow and plays that move guys around, but then it stops. It's killing me. I just want to see this team play like they are capable.

Why the big shot that last play. Just a huge overthrow and a wasted play. I don't understand right now. and to follow that up with another bad play / throw. I'm lost.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wooohoooo

WE DID IT!!!!

We got our bye week!

That was way too close and much more than it should have been, but ....

Money Mason does it again !!!

Spencer Gray

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a headache. I love this team, I love that we are 13-3, I love that we have a bye and still technically could have the 1 seed. I just struggle in games like this. We have so many spurts where you see the potential. We have Aaron Jones making plays, Lazard looks good, Davante is always solid, etc. We have the team. We are able to make the plays. We have to take the bye now to clean this up and get ready to play a whole game. We have to have that to win. It's time for the playoffs and I am ready. I will be rooting as hard as ever. We have to clean this up and we can go far. GO PACK GO!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
*silently wonders to himself and hopes the answer is "zero", but how many heart attacks were suffered today in shout box?*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts