Week 15 - Carolina Panthers In Town - Saturday Edition

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
10-3, almost there, just got a few more games we gotta take care of.

We should pound the Panthers considering how inept they were against the deadbeat Broncos. Bridgewater has made a ton of bad decisions, and if DJ Moore and CMcC aren't back, it's pretty much just Robbie Anderson and nobody else on that offense.

Their defense has looked pretty depleted most of the year too, and I don't see any reason Rodgers and the RBs shouldn't light them up.

Now, final score might be something like a 14-17 point win only because of bummenenga's kick coverage scheme, and Pettine's 4th quarter prevent D giving up garbage time scores. But aside from that, I don't see any reason these guys should come close to winning unless it's super windy out there or something.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Btw, Game is being televised on NFLN. Might have to check to see if FOX or other local TV is covering it if you don't have it. Fortunately, I do.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reports are that McCaffrey will practice this week and play against us on Saturday night: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...week-and-play-saturday-vs-packers-per-report/

I was at the snow game last year to see the Packers goal line stand against McCaffrey. I would prefer a solid win, but another goal line stand to win the game would be fun to watch as well.
Nothing fun about that for me .... I’d rather beat them 75-0. Save the nail biters for the games where I don’t care about the outcome.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Btw, Game is being televised on NFLN. Might have to check to see if FOX or other local TV is covering it if you don't have it. Fortunately, I do.
Another advantage to living near title town. Packers always on TV. Even during the gory years when I wanted to see 49ers and Cincinnati or Pittsburgh.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We will easily win, a 4-9 team at Lambeau shouldn’t be a problem.

Well, a 1-win Jags team shouldn't have been a problem either though right?

Lol, anyway I think if we come out firing like we did on our first offensive possession last week, they'll pretty much get buried like we did to the Bears. But gotta make sure we got plenty of daylight though so our ST doesn't get a chance to blow it.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
This one actually scares me more than the Lions or Bears games did. Non divisional game against a team that has nothing to play for but pride. Kind of the wounded animal theory. It scares me even more with CMC back this week.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This one actually scares me more than the Lions or Bears games did. Non divisional game against a team that has nothing to play for but pride. Kind of the wounded animal theory. It scares me even more with CMC back this week.

McCaffrey makes the Panthers a much better team no doubt, and Green Bay needs to do more than just show up and expect a win. However, if Rodgers plays like he did on Sunday, and the Pack take care of the football, they should be able to outscore Teddy Bridgewater and company.

11-3 sure would be nice.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
They should be able to outscore Teddy Bridgewater and company.

I agree. Looking at the stats the Panthers are ranked 20th in the league defensive scoring allowed. The Packers are the #1 scoring offense in the league. They should definitely outscore the Panthers. The Panthers have given up 38 TD's total on the season whereas the Packers have given up 37. Very similar defenses. One could argue that it's possible that the Panthers have a worse defense than the Packers. Personally, I wouldn't go quite that far. :laugh:

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why on earth is the nfl playing a game (Packers) during the sec championship game. This makes no sense at all. Hopefully the ratings suck and they never decide to do this again smh.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
A focused Packers team shouldn't have an issue winning this game, but the Panthers only lost by a combined 5 points to the Chiefs and Saints this season. Like the old sayin' goes...any given Sun...errrrr, Saturday.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it was earlier in the year i'd call this a trap game, but hopefully being dialed in on the #1 seed is high priority for everyone.

jon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it was earlier in the year i'd call this a trap game, but hopefully being dialed in on the #1 seed is high priority for everyone.

This is where good coaching shows itself. Pretty much everybody is impressed with MLF, and bringing out the pack to take care of business on Saturday is pretty much expected. I don't think we'll see a flat performance. GB 31-17.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why was this moved to Saturday night anyway, it's now a 1:15 kick off for me, at least I don't work a sunday
The original schedule that I have printed on my fridge, shows this game as 12/19 or 12/20 with time TBD. Mrs El Guapo keeps the Vikings schedule next to the Packers on the fridge. Their schedule showed a solid date of 12/20 for their game this weekend. The NFL must have kept a couple of teams on hold for flexing to Saturday night.

I found this on the NFL website: https://www.nfl.com/schedules/2020/reg15/
In each of Weeks 15 and 16, up to three of five designated matchups will be played on Saturday with the remainder to be played on Sunday. Specific dates and start times for such designated Week 15 and Week 16 matchups will be determined and announced no later than four weeks prior to game day.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We will easily win, a 4-9 team at Lambeau shouldn’t be a problem.

Bite your tongue. You say that and it will be a nail biter from start to finish.

I have no faith in ST and defense isn't very tough. No killer instinct. We just have to hope the Offense can put up at least 50 points.

Remember how we kept Jacksonville in the game?

Members online

Latest posts