Week 17 - At Detroit, the Lions Finale No. 4 in a row- Let's Get That 1 Seed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
*silently wonders to himself and hopes the answer is "zero", but how many heart attacks and were suffered today in shout box?*

Well, probably less than the amount that the Patriots fans had today. While we may have struggled with a bad injury depleted Lions team, at least in the end we won and get our first round bye whether it's as a number 1 or 2. The Patriots actually got beat by that bad Dolphins team and lost the number 2 seed to KC as a result, an event that I think all but ensures they don't even come close to sniffing the Lombardi this year.

UpNort

Cheesehead
Reaction score
52 weeks ago, the Lions beat the Packers 31-0 to close out the Joe Philbin era. With a new, inexperienced head coach and a bunch of holes to fill, I would have been happy with 9-7 and a 6th seed.

The fact that we are watching SF-SEA with a chance to be the one seed is a gift!

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
after seeing the MLF offense work last week Rodgers decides to run the McCarthy O today. so frustrating.

The offense didn't get clicking until they went back to the short passing and running game. I was displeased when AR stopped running that O in the 4th quarter. :mad:

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s a mental thing. He needs to get out of his head and click-in his passing ability. This is a first rate NFL team that will win any forthcoming game where Aaron Rogers is throwing well. Maybe he needs to take another split second to assure accuracy. We know he Can do it!

Maybe he ought to lay off the scotch. ;)

Did you go to Premontre - class of 1969? My brother went to Pennings (class of 69) and I went to the Academy (73).

UpNort

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm watching the DAL-WAS game. Wouldn't it be great to have a WR trio like Cooper/Gallup/Cobb? And a decent TE to boot?

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, probably less than the amount that the Patriots fans had today. While we may have struggled with a bad injury depleted Lions team, at least in the end we won and get our first round bye whether it's as a number 1 or 2. The Patriots actually got beat by that bad Dolphins team and lost the number 2 seed to KC as a result, an event that I think all but ensures they don't even come close to sniffing the Lombardi this year.

Heck NE was at home! We had to go on the road after a short week.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm watching the DAL-WAS game. Wouldn't it be great to have a WR trio like Cooper/Gallup/Cobb? And a decent TE to boot?

It'd be better to use a team like KC as an example where at least their WRs make big plays, and they got a threat at returner with Hardman. And at least they're actually winning.

I certainly have said today included that we got several receivers who we could upgrade from, most notably MVS, GMo and Kume. But those Cowboys receivers sure as hell didn't show up in the big games this year, including last week when the division was on the line. Sorry, but I just can't bring myself to envy any players on a team that blew big chances to make the playoffs and is going to fire their HC tomorrow.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't believe anyone was criticizing Kumerow for the INT. He was so open that he had a long way to come back to try and break it up.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't believe anyone was criticizing Kumerow for the INT. He was so open that he had a long way to come back to try and break it up.

Ball was underthrown. Rodgers had been overthrowing his receivers early on, perhaps he was trying to compensate.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He overthrows DA17 but underthrows everyone else it seems.

Aaron has not played all that well this season, at least by the standards we've all become accustomed to. Still, he's played well enough when he's had to, and the defense has had his back.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm disappointed the Seahawks didn't quite take it last night.

Still ... 13-3 with a home game for our opener isn't that bad. Way better than how I thought the season would go.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm disappointed the Seahawks didn't quite take it last night.

Still ... 13-3 with a home game for our opener isn't that bad. Way better than how I thought the season would go.

I had to take a hot, soapy, ****** shower after that game last night, I felt so dirty cheering on the Seahawks until the bitter end! I even wanted Smirking Pete to wrongfully win another instant replay.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See I’m a different animal. I’d rather see Lions get 1 than the Pats get to 7. I tend to naturally go underdog as a general rule. I’ll never go Patriots, no Offense to you though.
I respect fan bases that are generally modest. I don’t see Lions fans as obnoxious. Nothing like Seattle in their recent heyday. Pete Carroll might be a good coach, but my track coach was exactly like him. I can’t stand the guy honestly. I didn’t like him in college either.
My wife hates Carroll. And she only began to learn football 10 years ago. She calls him a Weasel. He is a strong motivator. But it is hard to give him sympathy for the bad call he got yesterday in lieu of the fact that he praised the Fail Mary call.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It may be just that but time and again I never bet against Bellichick.

D

Deleted member 6794

While the Packers need to improve their receiving corps next season the team shouldn't strive for copying a team that has missed the playoffs.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It may be just that but time and again I never bet against Bellichick.

The thing is, Bellichek and the Pats have only been relegated to the wildcard round four times in all the years that they made the playoffs, but in all of those four years they were stopped short of the Superbowl.

They'll probably beat the Titans, but I think they're dead meat against either the Chiefs or Ravens.

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing is, Bellichek and the Pats have only been relegated to the wildcard round four times in all the years that they made the playoffs, but in all of those four years they were stopped short of the Superbowl.

They'll probably beat the Titans, but I think they're dead meat against either the Chiefs or Ravens.
I kept telling myself all those years that that is the case. They have a knack for winning more road playoff games than anyone else. They just do not go away. Maybe this will be one of those years when they JUST fall short. Belicheck is a master game planner. Give him 2 weeks and he gets even better.

D

Deleted member 6794

They have a knack for winning more road playoff games than anyone else.

The Patriots have a knack for winning more playoff games than anyone else, no matter where those games are played. Period.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol Brady and the Pats one and done

I really don't care for the Titans, but thank God!!! No more of this same old garbage year in and year out!!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn’t call winning Super Bowls garbage

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn’t call winning Super Bowls garbage

If it's our team winning them no, but good riddance, they already have the league record so I say enough.

Seriously though, you can't help but wonder how many of their fanbase is going to jump the ship when Brady retires. I'm going to guess a lot, or at least way more than ours will be when Rodgers retires.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol Brady and the Pats one and done

I really don't care for the Titans, but thank God!!! No more of this same old garbage year in and year out!!
The Saints and Pats gone in the first weekend. Changes the playing field somewhat. Ravens and 9ers still the favorites. Someone has to face them on the road of course.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the Ravens in the AFC, they have a dominating D and a very dynamic QB who arguably had one of the greatest SINGLE SEASONS ever. 3000+ passing yards, 36td passes, 1000+ rush yards

With the 49ers, Jimmy G will throw INTs, so it's all about winning the turnover battle.

Also, I think that Emanuel Sanders has helped them out quite a bit(wish we had gotten him)... There isn't really another receiving threat BESIDES Kittle that really scares anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.