Week 10 - Packers vs Jags

GBowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahhh someone that doesnt post when winning.

They are winning. I’m just a realist. What team are you watching? This team has no intensity. The D is pathetic. They waited until the last drive and finally made a play. Where is that the other 59 minutes? They love to showboat on the rare occasion they make a great play. They have no chance against the elite.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
They are winning. I’m just a realist. What team are you watching? This team has no intensity. The D is pathetic. They waited until the last drive and finally made a play. Where is that the other 59 minutes? They love to showboat on the rare occasion they make a great play. They have no chance against the elite.
U only post when looks bad

GBowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
U only post when looks bad

I guess it’s just a frustration thing. It drives me nuts when they just squeak by bad teams and think they’re a real contender in the league. They were the worst 13-3 team ever last year and proved it in the playoffs. I’ll make a point to post something positive when they beat a good team. I’ve been a Packers fan since the 60s. I guess I have high expectations.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope that LaFleur called that last time-out because he saw that Pettine was calling a 3-man rush and told him he wanted 4 rushing. Probably wishful thinking.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think probably the low energy and lack of emotion factor is probably what's got most of us a bit on edge right now. I mean ... on the one hand I like LaFleur. When he opens up the offense's flood gates he can be a very good coach. But on the other hand, it almost seems like has lapses when opposing defenses are getting his number and he doesn't adjust.

It is true, sometimes good teams do just have bad days. Crazy how the same 49er team who we handled easily last week is making New Orleans have to fight for it today. Same team that made the Bucs (who beat us) look horrendous, and yet the Bucs appeared not to miss a beat today. League is just nuts this year.

But I think collectively this team just needs to get out of this half baked mentality and get a winner's mentality, because at times it just looks like they're one quart short of that

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crosby is ranked 11th in field goal percentage among 25 kickers with at least eight playoff attempts since 2007. While that's slightly above average it's hardly elite.

In addition 17 of those kickers have a higher average distance on playoff field goal attempts than him.

He’s missed 3 FG’s in the playoffs in his career out of 29 attempts. 90% for his career. 2 of those came within his first 3 years. From 2011 til present, he has missed one FG in the playoffs.

If you think that’s slightly above average, then you’re being intentionally disingenuous, and you know it too, which is why you didn’t post any stats.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Do you agree the Jaguars would have been better off not signing Lambo to that contract??? If so, that's what I have been advocating for the Packers to do with Crosby as well.

Most kickers don't miss a whole lot of games though.

There's no doubt Crosby has been stellar this season. You have to understand that he only made a difference in one game this season and in that one it would have been good enough to make one of three attempts.

No, I don't agree that the Jags should have let Lambo walk, he is an solid kicker. Why would I not want a solid kicker on my team? You are right, most kickers dont miss a whole lot of games, especially Crosby, who has missed NONE, which is another reason he is valuable.

The Jaguars situation is a situation that I totally want to avoid....having to go fishing for capable guys all season long. Thankfully, the Packers have Mason Crosby.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I guess it’s just a frustration thing. It drives me nuts when they just squeak by bad teams and think they’re a real contender in the league. They were the worst 13-3 team ever last year and proved it in the playoffs. I’ll make a point to post something positive when they beat a good team. I’ve been a Packers fan since the 60s. I guess I have high expectations.
When they were 4 and 0 why not post then?

We have a hand full of posters like you.. Only show when they look bad to complain

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Pretty sure that got disproved when they won in the playoffs and made the NFCCG.

As for posting when they beat a good team where were you when they beat the Saints or did that not count?

There's a self fulfilling prophecy going on with posters of this ilk. As long as the Packers don't win the SB you get to come back and with an "i told you so" in some way shape and form which makes you feel as though you were right even though all you're doing in the end is hedging your bets

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can’t wait until GB becomes “the worst Super Bowl winner ever”. Boy will the haters ever be mad!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They only made it to the nffcg, I told you they weren’t any good. Seattle was way better than the Packers were. This is title town dammit, I expect titles!

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They only made it to the nffcg, I told you they weren’t any good. Seattle was way better than the Packers were. This is title town dammit, I expect titles!

With a HOF QB you should win the SB every year! I’m an owner dammit!”

D

Deleted member 6794

Nor his consistency on kickoffs throughout his career.

Come on, kickoffs are mostly a non-factor in the game at this point.

He’s missed 3 FG’s in the playoffs in his career out of 29 attempts. 90% for his career. 2 of those came within his first 3 years. From 2011 til present, he has missed one FG in the playoffs.

If you think that’s slightly above average, then you’re being intentionally disingenuous, and you know it too, which is why you didn’t post any stats.

Here's a link to the playoff numbers for kickers since 2007:

https://stathead.com/tiny/B4ALS

As I've mentioned, Crosby is ranked 11th out of 25 kickers in field goal percentage with at least eight attempts. As mentioned before, slightly above average.

No, I don't agree that the Jags should have let Lambo walk, he is an solid kicker. Why would I not want a solid kicker on my team?

The reason teams shouldn't want a kicker like Lambo or Crosby on their team is that they make too much money.

The Jaguars situation is a situation that I totally want to avoid....having to go fishing for capable guys all season long. Thankfully, the Packers have Mason Crosby.

McLaughlin looked pretty capable kicking at Lambeau on Sunday.

With a HOF QB you should win the SB every year! I’m an owner dammit!”

No, but having 28 consecutive seasons of HOF quarterbacks starting should result in more than two Super Bowl wins.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's a link to the playoff numbers for kickers since 2007:

https://stathead.com/tiny/B4ALS

As I've mentioned, Crosby is ranked 11th out of 25 kickers in field goal percentage with at least eight attempts. As mentioned before, slightly above average.

I have a few questions, and I’d look them up myself but I don’t have a subscription so I can’t.

Why start in 2007? Crosby’s first playoff season was 2009. Start there.

Why 8 attempts? Seems like a pretty arbitrary number, and you only end up with 25 kickers. I would use one, or two attempts. Then I’d also use like, 15 attempts. That way you get a good range for all the kickers, and also the ones who have been there continually.

I also saw one for distance in there? Maybe put in a filter for 45+ and 40+, take out the chip shots. At this point I’m just curious.

If you could do all that, I’ll give you internet points. If not, I’ll only cry for a minute or two. Thanks!

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Being an owner doesn't always count. You need to have seen the Lombardi teams in person. Bonus if you were one of the 273,341 fans that claim to have been at the Ice Bowl.

It must have been hard back in the Great depression old timer !

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
McLaughlin looked pretty capable kicking at Lambeau on Sunday.

So you would make your decision based on 1 game?

McLaughlin being the 6th kicker for the Jaguars this year, as well as the team 63.7% FG ave. without Lambo doesn't give you pause in regards to your theory?

Come on, kickoffs are mostly a non-factor in the game at this point.

Bears return man Cordarrelle Patterson might make Crosby or Scott think a lot more about their kickoffs in the coming 2 games with the Bears.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Why start in 2007? Crosby’s first playoff season was 2009. Start there.

Actually Crosby saw his first playoff action in 2007, making two field goals against the Giants in the NFCCG.

I would use one, or two attempts. Then I’d also use like, 15 attempts. That way you get a good range for all the kickers, and also the ones who have been there continually.

Fine, 58 kickers have at least attempted one field goal in the playoffs since 2007. Crosby's percentage of 89.7% ranks 28th among them. Once again, average. There are only 11 kickers who have tried at least 15 field goals in the postseason over that period with Crosby ranking a respectable third among them in success percentage.

I also saw one for distance in there? Maybe put in a filter for 45+ and 40+, take out the chip shots. At this point I’m just curious.

Crosby is 9-of-12 (75.0%, ranking 22nd out of 50 kickers with at least one attempt) from 40+ yards in the playoffs as well as 5-of-7 from at least 45 yards (71.4%, 26th out of 48).

As I've mentioned a lot of times, you can change the criteria to compare him to other kickers however you want, the results will always support he has been an average kicker at best.

So you would make your decision based on 1 game?

McLaughlin being the 6th kicker for the Jaguars this year, as well as the team 63.7% FG ave. without Lambo doesn't give you pause in regards to your theory?

I wouldn't feel comfortable about evaluating a kicker based on a single game but it seems none of you is actually interested in truly evaluating the Packers kicker based on a 14-year career either.

Bears return man Cordarrelle Patterson might make Crosby or Scott think a lot more about their kickoffs in the coming 2 games with the Bears.

My point being that every kicker in the league is capable of putting the ball into the end zone on kickoffs in this era. Of course that doesn't change the fact that there are dangerous return man trying to bring it out.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I wouldn't feel comfortable about evaluating a kicker based on a single game but it seems none of you is actually interested in truly evaluating the Packers kicker based on a 14-year career either.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I for one am looking at Crosby over his entire career. He had one terrible year (2012) and 1 marginal year (2009), otherwise he has been pretty rock solid, especially in the clutch. He is 12 for 12 this season, 22/24 last season, has a life time FG ave. of 81.6% and XP ave. of 97.9%.

All is good with the Packers Kicking situation. :D