Week 10 - Packers vs Jags

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You understand that it's an extremely small sample size compared to Crosby's career average, don't you???.

Of course, Just as Im sure you understand that what he is doing right now is far more important than what he has done in the past. I’m still satisfied with his overall record... but I don’t think it’s insignificant to point out his current years record when comparing him against a team that is currently struggling to do something that you have been lobbying for.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The forecast of high winds might keep the passing game and scoring in check, but I just can't see the Jags seriously threatening the Packers.
Packers, 35 -10

D

Deleted member 6794

You forgot to add in the $5.625 M cap hit they already have on the books for Josh Lambo. So about $6M on kickers this year and it appears that they are still looking for a kicker to replace Lambo who has been their kicker for the past 4 seasons and who they signed a four-year, $15.5 million contract with last year. This is Lambo's 2nd season where he was lost due to an injury.

Do you agree the Jaguars would have been better off not signing Lambo to that contract??? If so, that's what I have been advocating for the Packers to do with Crosby as well.

Crosby has yet to miss a game for the Packers in his....now 14th season with the Packers. Add that to the list of reasons why Crosby is worth the money they pay him. ;)

Most kickers don't miss a whole lot of games though.

Of course, Just as Im sure you understand that what he is doing right now is far more important than what he has done in the past. I’m still satisfied with his overall record... but I don’t think it’s insignificant to point out his current years record when comparing him against a team that is currently struggling to do something that you have been lobbying for.

There's no doubt Crosby has been stellar this season. You have to understand that he only made a difference in one game this season and in that one it would have been good enough to make one of three attempts.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kickers rarely make the difference in a game, unless they're missing them. They don't get paid for the easy ones. and in one sentence you're saying they shouldn't have signed lambo because it hasn't worked out because of injury, and in the next saying kickers are rarely injured so Crosby's longevity doesn't count.

I can think of 2 teams in our own division who went the cheap route. I think 2 of them lost playoff games because of them too. Every year teams go thru multiple kickers until they find semi-reliable. not all of them, but there always seems to be a couple teams with kicking issues. I'm glad we haven't been one of them.

D

Deleted member 6794

kickers rarely make the difference in a game, unless they're missing them.

That doesn't make any sense. A kicker can make a difference in a close game by either making or missing kicks.

and in one sentence you're saying they shouldn't have signed lambo because it hasn't worked out because of injury, and in the next saying kickers are rarely injured so Crosby's longevity doesn't count.

It was Pokerbrat indicating the Jaguars made a mistake signing Lambo to a contract averaging several million a year.

not all of them, but there always seems to be a couple teams with kicking issues. I'm glad we haven't been one of them.

Is there any reason you ignore the seasons in which the Packers had kicking issues because Crosby struggled???

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
outside of that season and half of struggles Crosby has been good, for a long time. Is there any reason you ignore that is the only reason the stats say he's average among kickers that last as long as he has. I've brought it up repeatedly through the years. Obviously haven't ignored it, maybe you're ignoring all the times i've said it? I'm ok with it. You do anything long enough, you're going to have some rough patches.

D

Deleted member 6794

outside of that season and half of struggles Crosby has been good, for a long time. Is there any reason you ignore that is the only reason the stats say he's average among kickers that last as long as he has. I've brought it up repeatedly through the years. Obviously haven't ignored it, maybe you're ignoring all the times i've said it? I'm ok with it. You do anything long enough, you're going to have some rough patches.

I have supported the claim that Crosby has been an average kicker at best after his horrendous season in 2012 with numerous facts as well.

For some reason fans tend to ignore them with him. Interestingly they're not as lenient with any other player on the team though.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lots of stats, not many kickers you've named over the years they could have had and done the same job for though.

D

Deleted member 6794

lots of stats, not many kickers you've named over the years they could have had and done the same job for though.

The Packers could have had close to all kicker that have had more success than Crosby in the past as most of them went undrafted.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Tied a single-season franchise record for FG percentage when he connected on 22 of 24 field goals in 2019 (91.67 percent), matching K Jan Stenerud's mark set in 1981 (22 of 24).

Registered a franchise-record 10 straight 100-point seasons (2007-16), one of only three players in NFL history to register 100-plus points in 10-plus consecutive seasons (Jason Elam, 16, 1993-2008; Adam Vinatieri, 13, 1996-2008).

Holds the NFL postseason record for most consecutive FGs made with 23 straight from 2010-16.

Has scored 143 points during his career in the postseason, No. 1 in team history and No. 5 in NFL playoff annals.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Back to game stuff.

Friend of mine cousin is James Robinson..need less to say she is nervois lol

jon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The forecast of high winds might keep the passing game and scoring in check, but I just can't see the Jags seriously threatening the Packers.
Packers, 35 -10

Continuing my string of impressively inaccurate predictions, I see the defense taking out their frustration on the Jags... An easy 31-3 win for GB.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers, 35 -10

yeah, forecast scared me when we were playing the vikings
not quite so much with the jags
but... any given sunday as they say
still, should be a nice win today

D

Deleted member 6794

For some reason Captain never talks about Crosby’s playoff performances.

Crosby is ranked 11th in field goal percentage among 25 kickers with at least eight playoff attempts since 2007. While that's slightly above average it's hardly elite.

In addition 17 of those kickers have a higher average distance on playoff field goal attempts than him.

D

Deleted member 6794

Packers inactives:

Jordan Love
Kevin King
Jaire Alexander
Will Redmond
Jonathan Garvin
Darrius Shepherd
Billy Winn

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Packers inactives:

Jordan Love
Kevin King
Jaire Alexander
Will Redmond
Jonathan Garvin
Darrius Shepherd
Billy Winn

vomiting in my mouth again.

right now I have absolutely no interest in the Packers offering King another contract. I reserve the right to change my mind.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Good day for running touchdowns. Field goals and passing from any medium to long distances could be problematic.
Depends if the swirl is towards either end zone. The misting bouts of rain with the 40deg temp will make it miserable. My dog doesn't even want to go out today.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts