Week 10 - Packers vs Jags

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, with just about all the main games in the books for week 9, time to move on to week 10.

Team is getting healthier, and this game should be like this last week. Jags won week 1 and haven't won since. Got a chance now to maintain a 1 1/2 lead on the Bears with them now sitting at 5-4. I predicted they'd lose three in a row, but given how bad Cousins has played against them as of late, that losing streak could be coming to an end now.

Just take care of business this next week and get ready for the big one in Indy after.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Jaguars...

26th in scoring offense.

Passing Offense: 25th in Net YPA; 21st in DVOA
Rushing Offense: 11th in YPA; 12th in DVOA

31st in scoring defense.

Passing Defense: 32nd in Net YPA; 32nd in DVOA
Rushing Defense: 11th in YPA; 23rd in DVOA

This is a terrible team any way you want to look at it. Their rushing offense seems respectable by the numbers, however teams are also going to give them the run when they're behind and playing in catch up mode.

They have given up 135 points in four road games so far this year-- an average of 34 points. And this isn't being skewed by one massive blowout either; they've given up 33, 33, 30, and 39.

Come off a mini bye week, healthy, and at home, the Packers ought to win by at least 2 scores.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to be positive about our chances, I really do, but I cannot. I do not know what kind of team we have anymore on defense, and until this team beats a team with a defense, its impossible to predict.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crazy though, we beat the Saints in their house, get rocked by TB, and yet the Saints are beating the brakes off of them.

So a W this Sunday puts the Bucs a full game behind us at this point.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I want to be positive about our chances, I really do, but I cannot. I do not know what kind of team we have anymore on defense, and until this team beats a team with a defense, its impossible to predict.

I know right? 6-2 start is a mirage.

I’m guessing the Jaguars hand us our butts.

42-24 Jacksonville. And that’s being generous.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I dunno man. Jake Luton is one of the better QB’s in the league, and the Jags are a really good team, but I think we can take em. Probably a little optimistic though.

/sarcasm

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dunno man. Jake Luton is one of the better QB’s in the league, and the Jags are a really good team, but I think we can take em. Probably a little optimistic though.

/sarcasm
He has crazy spin move. I saw it. It’s real

D

Deleted member 6794

Got a chance now to maintain a 1 1/2 lead on the Bears with them now sitting at 5-4. I predicted they'd lose three in a row, but given how bad Cousins has played against them as of late, that losing streak could be coming to an end now.

Cousins hasn't been terrible against the Bears since joining the Vikings. With them being significantly improved since Cook returned I like their chances of beating the Bears.

Seriously, you can't be optimistic about the Packers chances against a team that hasn't won a single game since week 1???

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, with just about all the main games in the books for week 9, time to move on to week 10.

Team is getting healthier, and this game should be like this last week. Jags won week 1 and haven't won since. Got a chance now to maintain a 1 1/2 lead on the Bears with them now sitting at 5-4. I predicted they'd lose three in a row, but given how bad Cousins has played against them as of late, that losing streak could be coming to an end now.

Just take care of business this next week and get ready for the big one in Indy after.

This is probably the worst team the Pack will face for the rest of the season, and hopefully the don't look past it. The pack has been .500% the last four weeks and needs to get the "third quarter" off on the right foot....Pack by 14 over the hapless Jags, get to 7-2.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
This is probably the worst team the Pack will face for the rest of the season, and hopefully the don't look past it. The pack has been .500% the last four weeks and needs to get the "third quarter" off on the right foot....Pack by 14 over the hapless Jags, get to 7-2.
I don’t think some fans will be satisfied with anything less than a 56-0 outcome.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Lol, The shoutbox will probably explode when the Jags get their first first down.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

After getting embarrassed by MN and Cook we can't afford to overlook anybody.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Lol, The shoutbox will probably explode when the Jags get their first first down.

The Shoutbox will explode the moment the Jags win the coin toss. :coffee:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings over the past few weeks have been a much better team than the current version of the Jags.

I agree. MN has looked like a different team with Cook. I guess I don't want the guys to over look a team like this, that's all. Any team in this league can beat you on any given day.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t think some fans will be satisfied with anything less than a 56-0 outcome.

There will always be a handful of "The sky is falling" dedicated killjoys in any fanbase....Can't worry about what they want. They believe if you're happy, you're wrong.

Winning football in the NFL is an accomplishment, no matter the score. Just win, baby.

ShockwaveRider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers beat the Saints who just pounded the crap out of the Buccaneers who pounded the crap out of the Packers.

Any given team on any given day........

That being said, I'm going with Packers 38, Jaguars 17.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Nah, they can pick up a cheap kicker off some local car lot that can make 8 of 10 from longer than 50 yards. It’s easyschmezy.

I'm still a bit surprised that the Packers didn't sign Nick Vogel or another "half capable" K to the PS when Crosby suffered his injuries. With COVID rules allowing expanded PS, it wouldn't cost much for the insurance of having a guy ready to go, just in case Crosby pulls up lame 5 days or less before a game. The 5 days being the required time for a new signing to go through COVID protocol before he can play.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts