1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Wahle / Rivera ... FINAL TAKE.

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zero2Cool, Aug 22, 2006.

1. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    We currently had one bad year. Pittsburgh had a few up and down years. 6-10 in 1999, and 9-7 the year after. 13-3 after that. 10-5-1 the next. 6-10 after that. So Pittsburgh was and up and down team before Ben Roelisberger got there. I believe GB will pick in the 10 to 15 range in the 2007 Draft and climb out likely with Rodgers as our QB and hopefully go 9-7 and then make a run at the wild card.

Since Free Agency started, only 1 team has really went out and bought a Super Bowl in one off season. The 1994 49ers and they were coming off of back to back NFC Title loses to the Cowboys.

Most of the teams that have built dynasties or won a Super Bowl this decade have done it through the course of many off seasons. St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Baltimore, New England and even the Steelers. NFL is a copy cat league and I think Thompson is trying to copy the above teams philosophies.[/quote:7sa9hz0i]

Ok, so whats the difference between Sherman and TT?[/quote:7sa9hz0i]

http://www.packerforum.com/index.php?na ... pic&t=6909

Sherman inherited a team built by Wolf. Thompson inherited a team built by Sherman as a GM.

Sherman would also spend money left and right left and right.

Where did I hear that.

Chris Havel on the radio. Where did he hear it. Andrew Brandt is the name he said.

2. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    "We've hopefully reached the point where we'll continue to maintain flexibility to achieve our priorities," said team vice president Andrew Brandt, who manages the Packers' salary cap. "We've used a lot of cap this year, yet we've been able to protect the future."

This was said in the last few days.

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dl ... 50497/1951

Now those who were not sure who Andrew Brandt is, now ya know.

3. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Says the poster that has been suspended a number of times for doing such thing :roll:

4. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh, the irony!!

But then again, this is coming from DePack, who "wouldn't know a pigskin from a foreskin!!" *

* This phrase was created by, and is the sole property of, DePack. Any use of said phrase without proper licensing is strictly frowned upon, and punishable by the full extent of a good cyber rebuke.

Sorry, De...hadn't used it in a while and wanted to keep my chops fresh!! LOL Big plans for the weekend?

5. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Oh digs.....I'm too tired for this banter.

Hey I got an idea. I say we start a thread about the job that Make Sherman did while he was GM and/or headcoach of the Packers. Do you think we can get any dialogue going or will people shy away from the subject?

6. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It just goes in one big circle, and gets tiresome real quick. Both sides have valid points, but are so entrenched in their positions it is ridiculous.

Later you "hater"!! LOL

7. DakotaT

DakotaT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think the whole issue can be resolved when De comes to Wisconsin in December. Depack represents the Sherman crew and Diggs will represent the good guys, and we will have a Tequila shot drinking contest. The first guy to puke loses. My money is on Diggs but if he loses I'm renaming my wood chipper.

8. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Man....I used to do shots of tequila all the time when young...not so much anymore. That said, I put 2 crowning double shots on top of about 10 - 12 beers back in June. Man, that shite puts one over the top, does it not!!?!

I will have you on your knees....no not like during your stint in the county lockup, DePack....hurling and praying for the sweet release that will be death.

9. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    yep, he started it, i finished it. Hes no longer here. You wanna be next? Huh, do ya! You wanna get nuts? lets get nuts!

(thats from batman, btw)

10. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    QUIET BUTTERS! :p

Actually I agree with digs, that in the end both sides make valid points but are firmly entrenched in their stance. It comes full circle without much progress being made, but people loosing their cools.

11. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    You know. I gotta agree with digs also, but hey what fun would that be.

Digs.....I rarely do shots anymore. Every once in awhile a little Tequila. Strictly beer now....except after about 18-20 I get a little bloated, I'll switch to Absolute or Grey Goose. My contest days are over. Once your youngest child is in college playing beer pong you realize it's time to stop competing. But Damn I love beer!

12. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Beer is like the Montgomery Wards catalog....."good, better, best"....no such thing as a bad beer!!