Wahle / Rivera ... FINAL TAKE.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
porky88 said:
pyledriver80 said:
Porky do you think if we had Wahle, that we would have gotten AJ Hawk in the draft this year? Wanting Wahle and having him are different things. If we had retained him, I think we would have eeked out more games last year, and our whole off season would have shaken out differently.

Seems like that is what was said.

I did not post the above. So don't put the blame on me. If you didn't and I mis read yours or TA's posts, then I am sorry.

If I had to choose Wahle or Hawk, I'd take Wahle any day. He's proven.

As far as where resigning Wahle would have put us in Cap Hell was said.......Please go back and read NUMEROUS other posts.
I don't recall but I will go back. I never said it'd put us in cap hell. I believe it couldn't of been done or would of taken the release of several other players. I now know it could be done and I said, it was a mistake BUT the guy shouldn't lose his job as a GM over one mistake. Ron Wolf said many times his big mistake was Bryce Paup. Ted Thompson's is Mike Wahle.

[quote:7sa9hz0i]Your idea of rebuilding is strange however. You are saying that TT is rebuilding this team and it will take a few years for it to pay off. It seems to me we have a QB with over a decades experience and he brought in Woodson who is on the downhill side of his career. How is this building for the future? Isn't this reloading?

I think he's trying too do both. 20+ Draft picks in 2 years is rebuilding. Woodson is only 29 and his best year are likely gone but he can still give you 4 solid good years. I think Thompson is trying to build a team over the course of 3 off seasons. I think year 1 was cleaning up the mess. He didn't do much to help the mess but he did get rid of many players that needed to go. Cledius Hunt for one. Year 2 is this year and from the looks of things he focused on the Defense. Year 3 (and this is just what I would do) I think he should go out and sign a RB that can run a one cut well, a DT (possibly through the Draft), a Guard and add depth to the offensive line.

[quote:7sa9hz0i]You threw out options that only fit your argument. Teams like the Panthers are competitive year in and year out because they patch holes that need repaired. The Steelers had a bad year or two but were not "Rebuilding" and were competitive almost every year.

We currently had one bad year. Pittsburgh had a few up and down years. 6-10 in 1999, and 9-7 the year after. 13-3 after that. 10-5-1 the next. 6-10 after that. So Pittsburgh was and up and down team before Ben Roelisberger got there. I believe GB will pick in the 10 to 15 range in the 2007 Draft and climb out likely with Rodgers as our QB and hopefully go 9-7 and then make a run at the wild card.

The "let's just start from scratch" approach isn't the norm anymore. Any team can make the right moves in the off-season and be competitive.

Since Free Agency started, only 1 team has really went out and bought a Super Bowl in one off season. The 1994 49ers and they were coming off of back to back NFC Title loses to the Cowboys.

Most of the teams that have built dynasties or won a Super Bowl this decade have done it through the course of many off seasons. St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Baltimore, New England and even the Steelers. NFL is a copy cat league and I think Thompson is trying to copy the above teams philosophies.[/quote:7sa9hz0i]

Ok, so whats the difference between Sherman and TT?[/quote:7sa9hz0i]

http://www.packerforum.com/index.php?na ... pic&t=6909

Sherman inherited a team built by Wolf. Thompson inherited a team built by Sherman as a GM.

Sherman would also spend money left and right left and right.

Where did I hear that.

Chris Havel on the radio. Where did he hear it. Andrew Brandt is the name he said.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
"We've hopefully reached the point where we'll continue to maintain flexibility to achieve our priorities," said team vice president Andrew Brandt, who manages the Packers' salary cap. "We've used a lot of cap this year, yet we've been able to protect the future."

This was said in the last few days.

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dl ... 50497/1951

Now those who were not sure who Andrew Brandt is, now ya know.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
its something a user who no longer is allowed to post here started, and unfortunately his name calling ideas still linger...

Says the poster that has been suspended a number of times for doing such thing :roll:

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, the irony!!

But then again, this is coming from DePack, who "wouldn't know a pigskin from a ********!!" *

* This phrase was created by, and is the sole property of, DePack. Any use of said phrase without proper licensing is strictly frowned upon, and punishable by the full extent of a good cyber rebuke.

Sorry, De...hadn't used it in a while and wanted to keep my chops fresh!! LOL Big plans for the weekend?

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh digs.....I'm too tired for this banter.

Hey I got an idea. I say we start a thread about the job that Make Sherman did while he was GM and/or headcoach of the Packers. Do you think we can get any dialogue going or will people shy away from the subject?

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It just goes in one big circle, and gets tiresome real quick. Both sides have valid points, but are so entrenched in their positions it is ridiculous.

Later you "hater"!! LOL

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
It just goes in one big circle, and gets tiresome real quick. Both sides have valid points, but are so entrenched in their positions it is ridiculous.

Later you "hater"!! LOL
I think the whole issue can be resolved when De comes to Wisconsin in December. Depack represents the Sherman crew and Diggs will represent the good guys, and we will have a Tequila shot drinking contest. The first guy to puke loses. My money is on Diggs but if he loses I'm renaming my wood chipper.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man....I used to do shots of tequila all the time when young...not so much anymore. That said, I put 2 crowning double shots on top of about 10 - 12 beers back in June. Man, that ***** puts one over the top, does it not!!?!

I will have you on your knees....no not like during your stint in the county lockup, DePack....hurling and praying for the sweet release that will be death.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
tromadz said:
its something a user who no longer is allowed to post here started, and unfortunately his name calling ideas still linger...

Says the poster that has been suspended a number of times for doing such thing :roll:

yep, he started it, i finished it. Hes no longer here. You wanna be next? Huh, do ya! You wanna get nuts? lets get nuts!

(thats from batman, btw)

Reaction score
tromadz said:
yep, he started it, i finished it. Hes no longer here. You wanna be next? Huh, do ya! You wanna get nuts? lets get nuts!

QUIET BUTTERS! :p

Actually I agree with digs, that in the end both sides make valid points but are firmly entrenched in their stance. It comes full circle without much progress being made, but people loosing their cools.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know. I gotta agree with digs also, but hey what fun would that be.

Digs.....I rarely do shots anymore. Every once in awhile a little Tequila. Strictly beer now....except after about 18-20 I get a little bloated, I'll switch to Absolute or Grey Goose. My contest days are over. Once your youngest child is in college playing beer pong you realize it's time to stop competing. But Damn I love beer!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Beer is like the Montgomery Wards catalog....."good, better, best"....no such thing as a bad beer!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts