Vikings will win the Division

Status
Not open for further replies.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dalvin Cook left the game in the 3rd Quarter with a shoulder injury after he fumbled, he previously injured it in the Broncos game. They face another good defense in the Chargers next week, if Melvin Ingram or Joey Bosa gives him a good pop, he and the Vikings may drop again.

Adam Thielen was also out with his hamstring injury. That could easily be the difference as well next week. If they drop to the Chargers as I predicted that's it no matter what happens Week 16.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Good joke, Poker!

No joke, if the season ended tonight, that would be what the playoffs would look like. However, I don't expect it to look the same in 4 weeks.

Raise your hand if you are thankful that we had to play the NFC East this year and not every team from the NFC West!

D

Deleted member 6794

Well this is why a Viking win might be the better outcome. While our records are tied, we still control our own destiny with the Vikings and that ties us (record wise) with the Sea Turkeys. Not saying its a "must do", but if the Packers really are a contending team, they should be able to go up to Minnesota on 12/23 and take care of business and in the process, hopefully further distancing themselves. We don't get that crack at the SeaHags and if we do, it won't be until the Playoffs and SeaBird is much better served up frozen than wet and soaked in coffee.

The Vikings loss made it significantly easier for the Packers to win the division which should be the most important goal to start with.

In addition if the team is truly a contender they should be able to win at Seattle, New Orleans or San Francisco as well.

If this thing is clinched after week 16 and we know we can't get 1st round bye week 17 may be a rest the starters type of game. Zero threat of the NFC East 4 seed catching us anyway.

Still wanted to see Vikes win tonight, 1st round bye is over unless 2 of 3 between NO, SF, or SEA collapse the next 4 weeks.

The Packers would get a first round bye by winning out and the Saints losing to either the Niners or Panthers.

Both the Seahawks and Niners would have to lose two more for Green Bay to move past the NFC West champion though.

Dalvin Cook left the game in the 3rd Quarter with a shoulder injury after he fumbled, he previously injured it in the Broncos game. They face another good defense in the Chargers next week, if Melvin Ingram or Joey Bosa gives him a good pop, he and the Vikings may drop again.

Adam Thielen was also out with his hamstring injury. That could easily be the difference as well next week. If they drop to the Chargers as I predicted that's it no matter what happens Week 16.

That's only true if the Packers win their remaining three games aside of the one vs. the Vikings.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I was saying. Cousins comes up small in big games. He is now 0-8 in his career in Monday night football games.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I was saying. Cousins comes up small in big games. He is now 0-8 in his career in Monday night football games.

And that's the thing....EVERY game is a big game here on out. They can't afford to lose a single one. The Playoffs have already started in a sense. Can they lose one? Sure. Can they lose two? Maybe but they better beat the Bears. Hope they don't overlook David Blough and the Lions....

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Know what? I just want Rodgers to win a game in the Glass Menagerie. Everything else would work out in the end.

For this team, in its current configuration, I would be thrilled to get a Division championship hat and shirt. From there, as I said, things will take care of themselves.

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm in the camp of winning the division being the top priority. Therefore I'm generally pleased with the Vikes' loss. The game in Minneapolis is going to be highly revealing. Beat them in their house and the Packers are clearly the best team in the division and clearly a top four team in the NFC.

First things first. Don't overlook Washington. On any given Sunday and all that. Would love to see A. Jones get more involved in both running and passing against the Redskins, but at Lambeau in December J. Williams with his power game may be the better fit. Perhaps some reverse type plays to MVS since he isn't winning balls in the air. Vitale sneaky misdirection screen for big yardage. And more Lazard, please!

On D let's hope King gets some confidence from the pick and progresses further.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Minny is now 0-3 in games against teams that currently have winning records.

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Who you play makes a big difference. Also when you play them.

The sequence of opponents really stacked up well for the Packers this year, playing KC without Mahomes for example. Even the Giants -- playing them when their secondary was banged up. Too bad Kittle got healthy in time to abuse us.

Packers have stayed comparatively healthy this year. Knock on wood.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm in the camp of winning the division being the top priority.
Agreed. By most accounts, that's probably the most we can hope for anyway. A lot of people dismiss the idea, but I find some value in a division championship. True, it's not a Super Bowl, but it's a championship of some sort, a small bit of bragging rights. Better than nothing.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The narrative around Kirk Cousins is that he can't win in the big spots. He's now 0-8 on Monday Night Football. @Raptorman has offered some evidence that this narrative may be more coincidental than substantive. I can't really say, as I haven't watched him intently in all of these games. But I can say that he came up small last night.

He was 22/38 for 276, 2, and 1. However, 58 yards and one of the touchdowns came on one of the worst blown coverages you'll ever see. Treadwell was completely alone down the right sideline. Without that gimme, he was 21/37 (57%) for 218 yards (5.9 YPA), with one TD and one INT. Additionally, a good chunk of his yardage came on screens to the backs that Seattle was doing a poor job of defending.

He's going to be playing at home on Monday Night again in three weeks, against Green Bay. It will be very interesting to see how he performs in that game.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The narrative around Kirk Cousins is that he can't win in the big spots. He's now 0-8 on Monday Night Football. @Raptorman has offered some evidence that this narrative may be more coincidental than substantive. I can't really say, as I haven't watched him intently in all of these games. But I can say that he came up small last night.

He was 22/38 for 276, 2, and 1. However, 58 yards and one of the touchdowns came on one of the worst blown coverages you'll ever see. Treadwell was completely alone down the right sideline. Without that gimme, he was 21/37 (57%) for 218 yards (5.9 YPA), with one TD and one INT. Additionally, a good chunk of his yardage came on screens to the backs that Seattle was doing a poor job of defending.

He's going to be playing at home on Monday Night again in three weeks, against Green Bay. It will be very interesting to see how he performs in that game.
He'll wilt under the pressure when he sees 12 on the other sideline.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Who you play makes a big difference. Also when you play them.

The sequence of opponents really stacked up well for the Packers this year, playing KC without Mahomes for example. Even the Giants -- playing them when their secondary was banged up. Too bad Kittle got healthy in time to abuse us.

Packers have stayed comparatively healthy this year. Knock on wood.

Getting KC without Mahomes was fortunate for us. Of course, Minnesota got the same good fortune and lost.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score

So if he came up small last night what does this line tell you about a QB?

22/33 for 104 1 and 3.76 YPA

Of those 8 games, the average the other teams scored was 28 ppg. And granted, yes he sucked in a couple of them, but some of them were not his fault.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
So if he came up small last night what does this line tell you about a QB?

22/33 for 104 1 and 3.76 YPA

Of those 8 games, the average the other teams scored was 28 ppg. And granted, yes he sucked in a couple of them, but some of them were not his fault.

It tells me that Rodgers had a wretched outing.

I think your statistics make a good point. I just wasn't paying close attention to have my own take in previous games.

D

Deleted member 6794

13-3. The Seahawks host the 49ers at home Week 17. Which means we definitely want to win out so we have a home game for the Wildcard if necessary.

If the Packers win the division they would host a wild card game (assuming they don't grab a bye) even if their opponent ends up with a better record.

D

Deleted member 6794

Cousins is a combined 5-30 during his career against teams that finished the season with a winning record.

SexyCorn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now that I got you attention and I don't intend to spoil your Holidays, but
you heard it hear first Packer fans, read'em and weep.

Based on what? Are you practicing your clickbait BS titles for a career with ESPN? Get bent man, if you're going to post something like this, at least come with some insight or ANY kind of argument.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. By most accounts, that's probably the most we can hope for anyway. A lot of people dismiss the idea, but I find some value in a division championship. True, it's not a Super Bowl, but it's a championship of some sort, a small bit of bragging rights. Better than nothing.
And better than the last two years. I seem to recall the consensus of most experts back in August was that the Pack would finish somewhere around 8-8, especially with a first time HC.

Well that didn’t happen. Say what you will about the Packers and their areas of need, they’ve outperformed this year.

The next few weeks will tell us a lot about this team. There’s a lot to still play for and a favorable schedule. Good teams step up and I expect the Packers will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts