Vikings will win the Division

Status
Not open for further replies.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since when did being real end up being pessimistic? The defense has had trouble with ANY QB lately. How can you possibly deny that? I am not saying that this team could possibly lose those games because I want them to. Get serious. Calling me a Viking fan is laughable. I love the Packers. Always have, always will.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the laughs. The Packers produce career games for even the most obscure back up qb. Arguing that the Lions qb is a nobody is asking for a 400 yard game with a 120 passer rating. Didn't Matt Barkley go for 400 a couple of years ago?

TornSolace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now that I got you attention and I don't intend to spoil your Holidays, but
you heard it hear first Packer fans, read'em and weep.
In the spirit of Thanksgiving Mike has consumed a little too much "spirits"

Sleep it of Mike and come back when you are sober

TornSolace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since when did being real end up being pessimistic? The defense has had trouble with ANY QB lately. How can you possibly deny that? I am not saying that this team could possibly lose those games because I want them to. Get serious. Calling me a Viking fan is laughable. I love the Packers. Always have, always will.
Before the 49ers game the packers defense has given up exactly the same amount of points as the Vikings defense (205) and the vikqueens defense is better than ours but that should tell you something. Yes we give up yards but those yards are empty calories.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously? I really wonder how much football some of you watch. I watch a lot of pro football (too much if you ask my wife). Just for the hell of it, let's throw out all the stats. When I watch the Packers defense, it is not even close to the caliber of the 49ers, the Ravens, the Chiefs, the Vikings etc. etc. on and on. You simply cannot be watching if you believe that it is. I do agree that a team can give up a lot of yards and still have them be "empty calories". But you can only do that for so long before it eventually bites you in the butt. That's whats happening now. Throw in a punter that is obviously in a slump and a below average special teams unit and you got yourself a crap stew.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still think we'll win the division. My guess is that we'll be on the road for the divisional round and that our season will be ending there.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still think we'll win the division. My guess is that we'll be on the road for the divisional round and that our season will be ending there.
Probably the most realistic scenario.

Threads like this are funny, because they predictably bubble up after a loss. A lot of people struggle to see the forest through the trees.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I don`t think we need to go down that road again, do we ?

Agreed.

Not even sure why there is a Thread of its own like this, its been talked about in various threads all year. I guess some people like to create hundreds of threads to somehow make it look like they have had an epiphany and their point is somehow unique? When in reality, it is just their opinion on a topic that has been discussed elsewhere.

Or as the OP says "now that I have your attention".....someone who just wants attention? :rolleyes:

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I understand why you both think that, but you know I mean throwing out insults to other members. The thread will die a natural death given time.

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Before the 49ers game the packers defense has given up exactly the same amount of points as the Vikings defense (205) and the vikqueens defense is better than ours but that should tell you something. Yes we give up yards but those yards are empty calories.

Lets wait for the end of the season to have that argument.

One simple fact though, you take a look at yards per play allowed and a you don't see many good football teams.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/opp.htm

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well you know it's not me because I never pick my team to win. Ever. Only two ways the Vikings win the division. The Packers lose to the Giants or some other scrub team like the Bear or Lions. Matter of fact, a loss to the Bears or Lions has to be in the mix in my book, And the Vikings beat the Packers. One thing we do know, both teams can't win out. I just don't see the Lions or Bears beating Green Bay.

Vikings will almost definitely have to have a better record than us. We win nearly every tiebreaker scenario.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikings will almost definitely have to have a better record than us. We win nearly every tiebreaker scenario.
As is always the case, the proof will be shown on the field. All I know is what I see from week to week lately. Rodgers with that faraway look in his eyes. The offense getting farther and farther away from maybe their best player at this time - Aaron JONES. A defense that appears to be literally running around in circles. And the most alarming thing of all, look at the body language on the sidelines. Rodgers is the worst person that I have seen at hiding his disgust. He doesn't converse with anyone, he just looks sad, old and picked on. Wake up and show some damn leadership! I am sick of seeing your happy face in commercials, in countless photos with Danica yet you look so unhappy when on the field. Couldn't help but rant once I got started.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
That involves the division. If the Vikings win out, (unlikely) it won't matter. If they don't, and they end up tied, if the Vikings beat the Packers and the Pack losses to either Detroit or Chicago the tie-breakers I believe go to MN at this point in time. But I could be wrong. Way too many possibilities to say at this point. In about 2 weeks we will have a much better grasp of who's doing what.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Rodgers is the worst person that I have seen at hiding his disgust. He doesn't converse with anyone, he just looks sad, old and picked on. Wake up and show some damn leadership! I am sick of seeing your happy face in commercials, in countless photos with Danica yet you look so unhappy when on the field. Couldn't help but rant once I got started.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Normally, when you complain about someone else doing something that you don't like, you shouldn't be doing the same thing or it just looks like hypocrisy.

Last edited:

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You might want to consider how bad the offense has been in the games we've lost. Doesn't mean that our defense isn't still without its holes because there are those. But in 2 if the 3 games we've lost this offense has been putrid, and without getting consistent drives and a ton of points on the board - which it's their job to do - defense is going to be asked to do too many things that they shouldn't have to be doing.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is the worst person that I have seen at hiding his disgust.
He's usually out there rolling his eyes on the first drive. Some of it is probably self directed, as he sets a high standard. But bad body language, for sure. Reminds me a bit of John McEnroe, but his frustrations came out in different ways. I was a huge fan of McEnroe, by the way - behavior aside, his game was so much fun to watch.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As is always the case, the proof will be shown on the field. All I know is what I see from week to week lately. Rodgers with that faraway look in his eyes. The offense getting farther and farther away from maybe their best player at this time - Aaron JONES. A defense that appears to be literally running around in circles. And the most alarming thing of all, look at the body language on the sidelines. Rodgers is the worst person that I have seen at hiding his disgust. He doesn't converse with anyone, he just looks sad, old and picked on. Wake up and show some damn leadership! I am sick of seeing your happy face in commercials, in countless photos with Danica yet you look so unhappy when on the field. Couldn't help but rant once I got started.

Then you have haven't watched a lot of NE games. I've seen Brady rant and rave on the sidelines when things aren't going well. Happy face in commercials? When does he smile in those inane insurance commercials?

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Then you have haven't watched a lot of NE games. I've seen Brady rant and rave on the sidelines when things aren't going well. Happy face in commercials? When does he smile in those inane insurance commercials?
Oh man. When Brady gets hit on 2 or 3 plays in a row he goes off on his O-line. It's fun to watch. It also rattles him more than just about any QB I have ever seen in the NFL. He doesn't like to be hit. Not like Favre. Hit him and you would just **** him off and he would play better.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yup he was going bizirk in their loss to the Ravens.

Anyway, yes this is what drives me nuts in these anti Rodgers threads is that we got people here who don't even know what he said on the field and for sure are pretending to be psychologists diagnosing someone from afar. Nor have any of them played QB before.

Now I've certainly gotten upset in games where he takes too many sacks because I wish he would gun it into the tight windows a little more even if there is heavy coverage. But other games I seen this year have shown me he can still sling it around with the best of them.

The other factors are we got an OL that's better with Jenkins in at G, but Bulaga's too inconsistent with his play, and he has been injured way too much.

So as far as our upcoming FAs are concerned, expiring contracts on Bulaga and GMo should not be renewed. Our next draft should be get a healthy ILB whose never missed a start to compliment Martinez who has both run stop and TE cover abilities. Then get our next RT and WR.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought that's what I said. I would like to see Rodgers lose his cool just once and get in his teammates faces. SOMETHING! ANYTHING!

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I gotta believe that 99.9% of the people on here have never played QB. Do I have to be a professional cook to tell a chef that my steak is tough and overcooked? I'm sure that some of you played many sports and were probably pretty damn good at them. Does that mean those of us that didn't play football are excluded from having opinions?

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I gotta believe that 99.9% of the people on here have never played QB. Do I have to be a professional cook to tell a chef that my steak is tough and overcooked? I'm sure that some of you played many sports and were probably pretty damn good at them. Does that mean those of us that didn't play football are excluded from having opinions?

Your Football opinion only matters in that case if you stayed at a Holiday Inn Express before a game.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup he was going bizirk in their loss to the Ravens.

Anyway, yes this is what drives me nuts in these anti Rodgers threads is that we got people here who don't even know what he said on the field and for sure are pretending to be psychologists diagnosing someone from afar. Nor have any of them played QB before.

Now I've certainly gotten upset in games where he takes too many sacks because I wish he would gun it into the tight windows a little more even if there is heavy coverage. But other games I seen this year have shown me he can still sling it around with the best of them.

The other factors are we got an OL that's better with Jenkins in at G, but Bulaga's too inconsistent with his play, and he has been injured way too much.

So as far as our upcoming FAs are concerned, expiring contracts on Bulaga and GMo should not be renewed. Our next draft should be get a healthy ILB whose never missed a start to compliment Martinez who has both run stop and TE cover abilities. Then get our next RT and WR.

I thought Bulaga on that bum knee had a nice game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts