Vikings New Stadium

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool are you again, calling one of my post incorrect. Do you mean you think Lambeau Field is in village of Ashwaubenon and land which Lambeau Field stands on, was never annexed to the City of Green Bay?

.Just ride north down Oneida Street from Bay Park Shopping Center . You will see a Green and White welcome to Green Bay sign just passed Potts Ave intersection with Oneida St on right hand side next to fence on south end of Clark Hinkle practice Field in front of the Don Hutson Center. Park you car for a second and look directly back just South of Potts .

there is a large Welcome to the Village of Ashwaubenon sign in middle of Oneida Street on island with flowers and grass surounding. These 2 signs indicate where dividing line for Green Bay to the North and Aswaubenon to the south is located.

There is another welcome to Green Bay sign on Ridge Rd on south end of lambeau Field parking lot on right side of Ridge Rd going North on Ridge. next to the Lambeau Field parking lot fence just past Valley View St. Valley View St & South is in Aswaubenon.

How long have you lived in Green Bay area? I thought in one of your post you said you lived in De Pere. if you are a knowledgeable Packer fan , I would you would know that Lambeau Field is located in Green Bay and has been since 1956 when construction began on it.

Do you really think City stadium (now called lambeau Field since 1965) built and paid for by Citizens of Green Bay would be built in Ashwaubenon?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool are you again, calling one of my post incorrect. Do you mean you think Lambeau Field is in village of Ashwaubenon and land which Lambeau Field stands on, was never annexed to the City of Green Bay?

.Just ride north down Oneida Street from Bay Park Shopping Center . You will see a Green and White welcome to Green Bay sign just passed Potts Ave intersection with Oneida St on right hand side next to fence on south end of Clark Hinkle practice Field in front of the Don Hutson Center. Park you car for a second and look directly back just South of Potts .

there is a large Welcome to the Village of Ashwaubenon sign in middle of Oneida Street on island with flowers and grass surounding. These 2 signs indicate where dividing line for Green Bay to the North and Aswaubenon to the south is located.

There is another welcome to Green Bay sign on Ridge Rd on south end of lambeau Field parking lot on right side of Ridge Rd going North on Ridge. next to the Lambeau Field parking lot fence just past Valley View St. Valley View St & South is in Aswaubenon.

How long have you lived in Green Bay area? I thought in one of your post you said you lived in De Pere. if you are a knowledgeable Packer fan , I would you would know that Lambeau Field is located in Green Bay and has been since 1956 when construction began on it.

Do you really think City stadium (now called lambeau Field since 1965) built and paid for by Citizens of Green Bay would be built in Ashwaubenon?

Actually I apologize, that was meant to be a question. Did they change the border so the stadium was 'technically' in GB now?

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Yes...

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Lombardi is the line except for the stadium itself.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Just got done looking it up.

|
|
Ashwaubenon
-----------
. . . . . . . . |
Lambeau | Ashwaubenon
. . . . . . . . |
------------
| Ashwaubenon
|

That's how the border is, lol. They dip right into Ashwaubenon to keep Lambeau Field in GB. Pretty neat and amusing when you're six minutes shy of being done with work :)

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well the lion's moved an hour north to Pontiac back in the 70's. didn't work out so well. no good highway access (only I 75). pretty rural compared to detroit although very busy compared to other areas. Now with the stadium moved back downtown there are many different ways to get there. I 75, I375, I 96, I 94, M 10. Not only has the downtown area itself benefitted from the move, the new stadium has been sold out since it opened EVERY SINGLE GAME. Even though the lion's have sucked since they've been there. IMO moving a team away from a downtown area is bad for the team, and bad for the city. no more blackout since they opened the new stadium. that makes me very happy.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well the lion's moved an hour north to Pontiac back in the 70's. didn't work out so well. no good highway access (only I 75). pretty rural compared to detroit although very busy compared to other areas. Now with the stadium moved back downtown there are many different ways to get there. I 75, I375, I 96, I 94, M 10. Not only has the downtown area itself benefitted from the move, the new stadium has been sold out since it opened EVERY SINGLE GAME. Even though the lion's have sucked since they've been there. IMO moving a team away from a downtown area is bad for the team, and bad for the city. no more blackout since they opened the new stadium. that makes me very happy.

Well......"Downtown Green Bay" isn't really much of a downtown! LOLOL!!! :rotflmao:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Green Bay has done some nice things to downtown over the last few years. I think they need to abolish Port Plaza, err Washington Commons Mall. Make it a huge movie theatre or something useful. They also have to rid the one way streets. Gosh those are annoying!

Pack93z

Reaction score
I think overall Wisconsin is the king of one way streets.... Wausau is just as bad however smaller and laid out poorly. But I have to agree downtown GB is annoying as well. WCM is a waste of space.. I agree.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I think overall Wisconsin is the king of one way streets.... Wausau is just as bad however smaller and laid out poorly. But I have to agree downtown GB is annoying as well. WCM is a waste of space.. I agree.

My buddy Jim, I call him 'One Way J' ... the guy ... I swear the guy finds EVERY one way street possible and goes the wrong way.

I can recall one time where he was going head on with another car. Swearing up and down.

Jim -- HEY ****** GET OUT OF THE WAY LEARN HOW TO ****IN DRIVE **** FACE.. etc etc ...

Kevin -- (calmly) hey man this is a one way ...

Jim -- WOW WHAT A****IN MORON!

... I started laughin a bit an said 'nah dude we are going the wrong way man' I can still picture how red his face got and he quickly pulled into a parking lot.

He's not a bad guy. He's one of the few people I trust in this world, but man when it comes to driving and one way streets. I'll walk!

He's also serving our country in Iraq. He's spent over two years over there. Including this story.

He got married in december and was told he wouldn't be shipped out again til summer time. He and his wife were expecting their first born child early January. They needed him over right away so they shipped him over seas days before his child was to be born.

His little boy was born within days of him being sent overseas. Luckily, he came back in one piece. But dang, that has to be frustrating. Just DAYS away and he gets sent away.

Pack93z

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing Zero... that would suck to to be shipped out that close to the child being born... more reasons to thank them for the service that they sacrifice for our freedoms....

PS... I would do the driving :)

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing Zero... that would suck to to be shipped out that close to the child being born... more reasons to thank them for the service that they sacrifice for our freedoms....

PS... I would do the driving :)

Yeah I felt bad for him, but he is a lucky guy. He has a great wife, she's smart AND pretty and is just an all around decent person. He also now has a cute little boy and he's happy with life.

I wish I had some of the video's they made in action. Talk about gruesome **** man.

uwbadger12000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the Vikings new stadium. The only problem is that the new stadium and the Metrodome look alike.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the Vikings new stadium. The only problem is that the new stadium and the Metrodome look alike.
OHHH! And LOOK!
They have a "retractable dome" on it!!! :rotflmao:
Oh.......and thats the only "super BOWL" they will ever see!!! :thumbsup:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
The lack of turds is proof the Vikings are not on the field, as usual, they rarely show up.

They are all on a yacht on some lake in Minnesota with a crowd of strippers.
I was wondering.....how many strippers does it take to make a "crowd?" :rotflmao:
Can you give us any help Vikes??? :thumbsup:

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The lions had to cut their seating capacity in half from what the Silverdome was to be able to sell out.
Yuk, Yuk, Yuk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

V

Vikeman

uwbadger12000 said:
OHHH! And LOOK!

That's pretty funny however we have "seen" a couple superbowls. Hell we even won a playoff game I think on the Packers homefield. I don't quite remember it to well but I think some guy named Moss squatted and turned the Packers endzone into a toilet seat. I could be mistaken.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
uwbadger12000 said:
OHHH! And LOOK!

That's pretty funny however we have "seen" a couple superbowls. Hell we even won a playoff game I think on the Packers homefield. I don't quite remember it to well but I think some guy named Moss squatted and turned the Packers endzone into a toilet seat. I could be mistaken.
Yes....you have "seen" 4 Super Bowls. And you probably have "seen" what the Vince Lombardi trophy looks like..............of course the only way that could have happened was if you took a trip to Green Bay.
I guess when you have never won a championship, winning a playoff game in Green Bay has to be the high spot for you.

Members online

Latest posts