Uyy Karumba...Brett announcement coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Yes, the 1996 Packer defense was good, but not historically good." "I clearly stated the 1996 defense was good, but not historically good, which is true."

In neither of the posts did I mention the team itself and its historical relevance, only the defense.

The facts show that teams in the recent NFL have won a Super Bowl with either great QB play or historically good defense. You keep disagreeing with my posts, but have yet to produce any evidence that suggests otherwise.

Don't you know? He doesn't need evidence. He is... the Most Extraordinary Man in the World.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't you know? He doesn't need evidence. He is... the Most Extraordinary Man in the World.

He clearly doesn't think presenting evidence is relevant.

I gave very strong evidence in support of the slim possibility of the Packers winning Super Bowl 31 without Favre, but apparently making weird analogies and sounding frustrated is as good as evidence.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anecdotal? How can you possibly be serious? Do you just ignore most of Brett's interviews during this time?

Maybe I am stomping my feet and booing as OCPB suggests, but its a better position than covering my eyes and ears and chanting "Brett is a Packer hero" over and over ignoring his words and actions since 5 retirements ago.

Here's the thing, the Brett we knew and loved was bound to make an *** of himself on the way out. Hyper competitive to the bitter end, and the classic leap without looking personality. I'll happily welcome him back even though I was very critical of him during the Favre Rodgers mess. Of course I do think they should wait another year or two, would like to see his number retired during a game.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's the thing, the Brett we knew and loved was bound to make an *** of himself on the way out. Hyper competitive to the bitter end, and the classic leap without looking personality. I'll happily welcome him back even though I was very critical of him during the Favre Rodgers mess. Of course I do think they should wait another year or two, would like to see his number retired during a game.

Okay, I am sure you are all wonder how the Amish would broker a truce if/when called upon.

I would lay out the following compromise:

1. BF apologizes publicly to TT
2. BF apologizes to the fans for his behavior, throwing those stupid INTs to end the last few promising seasons, and for thinking he was bigger than the Packers.
3. Deanna wears a "sorry Ted" jersey at the ceremony. She keeps her eyes lowered in shame the whole time.
4. A few days after the # is retired, TT suddenly announces it is unretired. This is repeated 8 times over the next 5 years, retire the #, then u retire. (only one ceremony is necessary though). Each time BF has to say in a meek voice, yes I guess I had that coming.
5. BF has free tenderloin night every Tuesday where anyone wearing a packer jersey with Aaron Rodgers # gets a free 12oz tenderloin. This will run the next 5 years.
6 He is not allowed to ever text a female member of the Packer org - and his engraving will have some kind of double entendre small ***** joke/crocs joke.

Last edited:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am thinking of composing a poll asking if we should be more like Eagles or Raiders--or better yet European football--fans to deter this sort of nonsense.
Look at this pic I have uploaded. This is the kind of crap we have been suffering for years now, partly because of you know who, but also because Packer fans are too nice. Try doing that in Philly or Oakland, or in England for that matter, or Germany. I don't think I need to explicitly state what would happen.
I'd rather cheering on a team with fans who are nice.
Lambeau has a reputation for taking the higher road when fans of opposing teams come to watch and are treated with respect.
Yet, Philly, (The city of brotherly love.) has a reputation for hating you or starting fights if you show your loyalty to an opposing team in their stadium.
And you probably know about the infamous story of them throwing snowballs at Santa Claus. It something that I thought that just happened like a few years ago. I was very surprised to find out that it's something that happened in 1968 and yet gets talked about as if it was more recent.

http://www.snopes.com/holidays/christmas/santa/philadelphia.asp

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

So I dunno about you but I would much rather be part of a fan base known for being nice and respectful instead of mean and angry.
Booing and jeering is fine.
Spilling a drink or starting a fist fight or any other acts of aggression or violence against another fan because of who they want to cheer for no matter who it is? Not cool.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Impending civil war in Ukraine, mass murder and religious persecution in Iraq, genocide in Syria, Israel/Gaza war, water shortages in California, Ebola virus outbreaks, Border crisis...

... you know, just a little perspective on things that might matter a bit more than the traitor of a professional NFL franchise. I'm not justifying his wrong doings, but really, in the GRAND scheme of things, is it really worth rupturing our emotional stability to keep up such aggressive resentment?

Favre's an a.s.s, he doesn't deserve the praise, but time marches on and so does the Packers organization. Brett Favre will be celebrated today, but will ultimately just be another stone built into the monumental history of the Green Bay Packers.
We ignore all that other stuff around the world because rumor has it that they are all Lions, Bears or Vikings fans.
Now if they were all Packers fans, holy spit! Send aid and get those situations resolved immediately!

All kidding aside, thank you for the reality check.
Sometimes other things should matter more than football and the drama that goes with it.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Come on man. I realize you dislike what Favre did, but to say he sucked and a loser is more than pushing it.

Don't led your hatred bias your opinion that badly.
And don't let your excitement over him bias your opinion.

If you really look at all the games he lost, all those games he lost that were decided by one of his interceptions, losing tons of play off games, an SB, leader in fumbles and interceptions etc, etc.
When I look at him like that, I see a player who the media and fans put the blinders on for his faults and a player, just like Joe Namath, who is way overrated.
And from that footage that shows him joking and laughing it up, I see a player who just didn't give a darn at all about winning or losing. I think that all he cared about was just playing and just had fun with that and didn't care at all to even try to take his team back to the SB.
This is the only article that I have come across where the media dared to get it right about Brent.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=paolantonio_sal&id=3281535

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JBlood agree with almost everything. Do believe that without winning, Harlan would have had difficult time. Quite frankly, the renovation discussion may not have taken place. That includes Herber. I have autographs of Blood and Arnie!

Favre still should have the number retired.
I'm envious. Those 2 autographs should be in the Packers Hall! Favre deserves to be in the Packers' Hall. I disagree with retiring his number.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I certainly remember the time before Favre came to town. Again, Favre wasn't the reason for the Packers renaissance. Ron Wolf, Bob Harlan, and Mike Holmgren were the reason. Would the Packers have won a Super Bowl without Favre? Obviously I can't answer that question and neither can you, but there were many good pieces around #4 and we certainly still would have a good team capable of making playoff runs.

I do know this.....Marc Brunell took the Jaguars to the AFC Championship game in 1996. Now obviously I'm not comparing Marc Brunell to Brett Favre, I'm just saying there was a damn good team in place in Green Bay in the mid-90s and even an average to slightly above average QB would have been capable of making deep post season runs.
Majik is one of the great sports, "What if....?" stories.
Sucks that he got hurt and that we never got to see what could have happened had he played longer or in more games.

For anyone who is interested here is an update on the Majik Man.
(Poor guy has had to go through so much afterwards.)

http://www.foxsports.com/wisconsin/story/at-49-majkowski-has-already-lived-nightmare-032813

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Forderick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Along with telling someone its just a game or whatever other condescending talk the other side conjures, such behavior would surely lead to something really ugly in a bar setting. You (I believe wrongly) reported me for calling someone who thinks it is ok to cheer for everyone an imposter. In my mind this is far worse, if you simply consider what would likely happen in a real life setting if someone responded this way--to wit burping in someone's presence when expressing righteous indignation.

Um but it is just a game. This isn't life or death, and if you really truly believe it is, you need help.

Opinions are great aren't they but please don't disagree with Ewolf he will likely fight you.

Darth Garfunkel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4. A few days after the # is retired, TT suddenly announces it is unretired. This is repeated 8 times over the next 5 years, retire the #, then u retire. (only one ceremony is necessary though). Each time BF has to say in a meek voice, yes I guess I had that coming.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And don't let your excitement over him bias your opinion.

If you really look at all the games he lost, all those games he lost that were decided by one of his interceptions, losing tons of play off games, an SB, leader in fumbles and interceptions etc, etc.
When I look at him like that, I see a player who the media and fans put the blinders on for his faults and a player, just like Joe Namath, who is way overrated.
And from that footage that shows him joking and laughing it up, I see a player who just didn't give a darn at all about winning or losing. I think that all he cared about was just playing and just had fun with that and didn't care at all to even try to take his team back to the SB.
This is the only article that I have come across where the media dared to get it right about Brent.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=paolantonio_sal&id=3281535

I didn't give you any opinion on him other than he's not a loser and didn't suck, which is pretty clear to me and I'd bet to almost any football fan.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone that lived through the Lambeau magic... I mean it brought the franchise back. Thompson/McCarthy/Rodgers were an amazing second act. But Wolfe/Holmgren/Favre/White brought us back from the dark ages... Especially Favre and his cannon! The Iron horse, The Bambino, all in one. Best ever in my opinion. Green and Gold for Canton.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Anyone that lived through the Lambeau magic... I mean it brought the franchise back. Thompson/McCarthy/Rodgers were an amazing second act. But Wolfe/Holmgren/Favre/White brought us back from the dark ages... Especially Favre and his cannon! The Iron horse, The Bambino, all in one. Best ever in my opinion. Green and Gold for Canton.

Favre is the third best QB in Packer history.

The comparison to Lou Gehrig can only be made in regards to Favre's consecutive games played record. The comparison to Babe Ruth only works when you consider that both the Babe and Favre were womanizers and like to drink a lot.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Majik is one of the great sports, "What if....?" stories.
Sucks that he got hurt and that we never got to see what could have happened had he played longer or in more games.

For anyone who is interested here is an update on the Majik Man.
(Poor guy has had to go through so much afterwards.)

http://www.foxsports.com/wisconsin/story/at-49-majkowski-has-already-lived-nightmare-032813

That 89 Cardiac Pack team was very exciting. It would have been amazing to see what Majik could have done if he hadn't had that rotator cuff injury. Very sad to see what has happened to him and the pain he is going through.

Darth Garfunkel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heres my formula:
Faver played roughly 15% of his career with other teams. 5% with the Jets and 10% with the Vikes.
So I will start with a base hatred of 15% of his NFL playing existence.

Adjustments for my frail human emotional spaz response:
-10% for 16 exciting Packer years
+2.5% for boneheaded ints
+.5% for playing for the Jets
-.5% because I don't care about the Jets
+5% because he went to the Vikes
+2.5% because of the pre 2008 waffling
-5% for continuing boneheaded picks with the Vikes.

I end up with 10% hatred for his career.
That puts him roughly in the same range as Mexican food in my book, I mostly like it but it sometimes gives me gas.
margin of error +/- 2%

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if you had the world class women chasing you, that he had chasing him (and the bambino). and you say no! and go home to deanna.... Then you can say something... Until then, get off your high horse. IMO.

Gehrig is remembered because of his streak playing baseball..........baseball... Same for Cal Ripken. They arent chiz without the streaks...
Bambino because he was the undesputed home run king. Ruth was a bigger Icon, but Favre has TD, and Yardage marks that are a careers worth of stats ahead of Elway.....

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Generally after a game, that's what players do on the field, they wish each other luck. And of course he wanted to beat the Packers. That's what he was paid to do, isn't it???

If that's the criteria for who gets on the RoH, then the Packers need to break out some green paint.

You quoted wrong person

But to be a player for the Pack for how long, and with all the drama surrounding him, he tells Peppers to beat the Pack??

Brett wasnt paid anymore to beat the Pack as his season was done and he wasnt playing the Pack anymore.

You can sugar coat it, but it still was something he shouldnt have said...If it was Adrian Peterson, that's a way different situation and no one would have blinked an eye

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That 89 Cardiac Pack team was very exciting. It would have been amazing to see what Majik could have done if he hadn't had that rotator cuff injury. Very sad to see what has happened to him and the pain he is going through.

The Majik Man was the won who first started to turn the culture around. That 89 season was the first moment people started uttering that "The Pack is back."

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if you had the world class women chasing you, that he had chasing him (and the bambino). and you say no! and go home to deanna.... Then you can say something... Until then, get off your high horse. IMO.

Let me see if I understand this and if I don't, please clarify.

There is only one chick that I am aware of who Brent was chasing after and it was an incompletion.
Apparently in subliminal ways according to Deanna, he was a skirt chaser.
But how many he got or what they looked like, I have no idea.
So where is this "world class women" chasing him coming from?
And are you justifying cheating?

Gehrig is remembered because of his streak playing baseball..........baseball... Same for Cal Ripken. They arent chiz without the streaks...
Bambino because he was the undesputed home run king. Ruth was a bigger Icon, but Favre has TD, and Yardage marks that are a careers worth of stats ahead of Elway.....
Maybe to you stats matter but I think winning the big ones matter more.
Favre may have the stats but Elway has two rings.
Even though one of those is against the Pack, well, Fail had a lot more chances to get another one since Elway retired soon after winning that one.

Last edited:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that RobDog better get a back up generator for the forum when the retirement of #4 and the Packers HOF enshrinement of BrINT Fail gets closer to and on the date itself.
This place might implode.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
i've tried and tried to stay away from this topic/thread ect..even liked a few of the comments... at the VERY least, I think the Packers need to announce that they were a bit "premature" on this decision....then announce it again for 2016...then come back for another "premature" decision and then announce it again for 2017....yada yada.... just sayin. :sneaky:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest posts