Uyy Karumba...Brett announcement coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I will be there booing as loud as humanly possible. Brett Favre does not belong next to the legends in the ring of honor.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boy! He sure was awesome, wasn't he?
Especially if you were a fan of the teams he played against!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

BrINT Fart IS OVERRATED!!!!!!!
HE SUCKED!
HE IS NOTHING BUT A LOSER!!!
He holds the records for most interceptions and most fumbles.
He let us down time and time and time again!!!

Come on man. I realize you dislike what Favre did, but to say he sucked and a loser is more than pushing it.

Don't led your hatred bias your opinion that badly.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doesn't make much sense to try to correct someone when you don't know the answer, does it?

"According to a source familiar with the announcement, Favre will go into the Hall of Fame next year, once the new facility is finished inside the Lambeau Field Atrium. The new hall is scheduled to be completed in April, and Favre would go in in July."

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...ckers-hall-of-fame-b99323613z1-269760951.html
That's awesome timing! New Atrium new Favre era at Lambeau. Obviously no player is more responsible for bring the Packer organization out of the abyss, without Favre Green Bay/Lambeau would be a crumbling dump. Would Brown County voters have underwritten money to renovate Lambeau if they were still bumping along as a "playoffs every sever years?"..... No...... Would many fans have paid $100 for those souvenir stock certificates.... No. Brett Favre turned this franchise around..... PERIOD. Plus he was great to watch play when he was here. There will always be boo birds for anything, some poster here wants Green Bay fans to be like Eagle fans (who booed Santa Claus) or Raider fans , who are just idiots. I'm glad they are not !!

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guy has a private jet, and he cannot even bother to show up in person, but phones it in.
Everyone here knows my position. As I have stated before, I am pretty much resigned to this happening. What I am not resigned to happening is absolute, lockstep adoration for a man who wanted the Minnesota Vikings to be Super Bowl Champions and tried to **** over our team in every way possible. Again, and it seems this has to be repeated as a mantra, people who cheer for this man are cheering for someone who not just wanted but did everything in his power to make the Vikings Super Bowl Champions and **** us over in one fell stroke. I am also pretty sure he was also gnashing his teeth when we won Super Bowl XLV. And you people cheer for him.
As I have also stated before, I am hopeful that a sizable contingent of fans, representing those legions of us who are not so forgiving, will not be so obliging and make themselves known on any day he returns, by booing or jeering, and bringing posters and banners that denounce this man and his ultimate betrayal. That will at least be a small taste of *** for tat.
If that should not happen, if we should be represented--in monolothic and absolute fashion--as a wishy-washy, milquetoast bunch who KISS THE *** OF SOMEONE WHO TRIED TO DESTROY US, I will be ASHAMED to be a Packers fan.
One story I have not yet shared, which might give some insight into how we are perceived by other parts of the country where you actually have to have some edge to get by in life. After the 2009-2010 season, after we only just narrowly averted absolute disaster on par with a zombie apocalypse, a coworker learned of my fanatical support for the Packers. He asked me what I thought of you-know-who. In the conversation, he commented n disbelief and disgust, that Packer fans were actually cheering for a man who made it his ******** mission in life to beat us. My response was that my recollection of the November First Return to Lambeau consisted of far more many boos and jeers. But he is right, how shameful it IS that some of us were cheering for a man donning the uniform of the F***ING ENEMY, in a personal vendetta to ruin us. And how shameful it would be if all of us to a man were to simply turn our cheek and act as if it is ok. It is not okay, and it will never be ok.
Yes we won the Super Bowl, yes he failed--but only just so. The number of circumstances for each to have happened is truly daunting indeed: 12th man penalty and interception, then a Vikings touchdown recalled in the first 2010 game (controversial but most seem to think that was wrong), both Lions winning at Tampa Bay (for the first time in forever and eternity) and the Second Miracle at Meadowlands that then put the Giants and Packers in a de facto playoff game at Lambeau that yours truly witnessed, a last second interception by Tramon Williams in Philly, the Spill-It Pickett fumble without which the Steelers would likely have taken the lead and probably won. Just because a jilted lover leaves you and f**ks your sworn enemy and--in the bargain-points a gun at your head and fires only just missing, does not negate how freakishly lucky your sorry *** is OR the fact that a gun was aimed at you and fired.
NO TO RECONCILIATION! NO TO FORGIVENESS! NO TO RECONCILIATION!

BURP

** that could be considered trolling**

Please stop using burp in replies

Last edited by a moderator:

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tantrum much? You need some serious perspective on life.
Yathink
That's awesome timing! New Atrium new Favre era at Lambeau. Obviously no player is more responsible for bring the Packer organization out of the abyss, without Favre Green Bay/Lambeau would be a crumbling dump. Would Brown County voters have underwritten money to renovate Lambeau if they were still bumping along as a "playoffs every sever years?"..... No...... Would many fans have paid $100 for those souvenir stock certificates.... No. Brett Favre turned this franchise around..... PERIOD. Plus he was great to watch play when he was here. There will always be boo birds for anything, some poster here wants Green Bay fans to be like Eagle fans (who booed Santa Claus) or Raider fans , who are just idiots. I'm glad they are not !!
spot on once again AK.

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why don't you try to counter with a coherent argument? Just replying with BURP is not really adding anything to the conversation. Its actually pretty annoying and doesn't make any sense.
Along with telling someone its just a game or whatever other condescending talk the other side conjures, such behavior would surely lead to something really ugly in a bar setting. You (I believe wrongly) reported me for calling someone who thinks it is ok to cheer for everyone an imposter. In my mind this is far worse, if you simply consider what would likely happen in a real life setting if someone responded this way--to wit burping in someone's presence when expressing righteous indignation.

Last edited:

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Along with telling someone its just a game or whatever other condescending talk the other side conjures, such behavior would surely lead to something really ugly in a bar setting. You (I believe wrongly) reported me for calling someone who thinks it is ok to cheer for everyone an imposter. In my mind this is far worse, if you simply consider what would likely happen in a real life setting if someone responded this way--to wit burping in someone's presence when expressing righteous indignation.

I didn't report you for calling someone an imposter, I reported you for telling another poster to F-off and "burn in hell."

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These "conversations" (and I use that term liberally) are high comedy:

There's actually a reasonable middle ground,

...somewhere between this trashy *****:

...and this level of bitterness:

...but you wouldn't know it.

Last edited:

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why don't you try to counter with a coherent argument? Just replying with BURP is not really adding anything to the conversation. Its actually pretty annoying and doesn't make any sense.
How can you have a legconversation with that ?
your what got caught in the door?

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I will be there booing as loud as humanly possible. Brett Favre does not belong next to the legends in the ring of honor.
Weather you like it or not he brought the team back from the gutter when he arrived. Do you honestly believe we would of won SB 31 and went to SB 32 and all of those playoff runs prior to SB 31 without Favre at QB.

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Weather you like it or not he brought the team back from the gutter when he arrived. Do you honestly believe we would of won SB 31 and went to SB 32 and all of those playoff runs prior to SB 31 without Favre at QB.
Get ready for your beat down Zartan!

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Get ready for your beat down Zartan!

I'm not just ready... I'm ready freddy..

Some people forgot about before Favre came to town.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For you younger fans, Packers fans have supported the team since 1919. It has little to do with one player. It has a lot to do with the tradition, which has everything to do with ALL the players, ie, the team.

Past "stock" purchases saved the team, as did Milwaukee fans through the years when the team was struggling financially and on the field. Games have been sold out since Lombardi started winning Championships in 1961 until today. That includes the 29 years between Championships in 1967 and 1996. I was at a game in the 80s when a huge banner went up in the north endzone that said "Welcome to Lambeau Field, home of 15 years of bad football" (or something similar). It was taken down. The game was a sellout, as it always has been. Point is: the fans support the team during the bad times just as the good times.

The Brown county vote on renovation passed on a close vote because many voters were perfectly satisfied with the stadium as it was; and many thought taxes were high enough without an additional one. Regardless, I believe the referendum would have passed even if the "home of bad football" had lasted into the current millennium, because it kept the Packers alive; and it has been good for the city and state.

Favre was a tough player that showed up on the field every week. It's likely his consecutive game streak will never be broken. It's why I'd never boo him. He had good and bad games, amassing great individual records --good and bad--while being part of a single Championship. The problem with him is that he grew to be bigger than the team, or the game--in his own mind, which led him on his planned exodus. The plan didn't work with the Packers. It worked to perfection with the Jets. Because of that, I'll sit quietly in my seat if he shows up on gameday at some point.

If the team feels another QB should have his number retired, I'd vote for no. 38, or one of the 7 other numbers Arnie Herber wore. Herber was part of 4 Championship teams, was the greatest passer of his time, and is in the NFL Hall of Fame.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score

I certainly remember the time before Favre came to town. Again, Favre wasn't the reason for the Packers renaissance. Ron Wolf, Bob Harlan, and Mike Holmgren were the reason. Would the Packers have won a Super Bowl without Favre? Obviously I can't answer that question and neither can you, but there were many good pieces around #4 and we certainly still would have a good team capable of making playoff runs.

I do know this.....Marc Brunell took the Jaguars to the AFC Championship game in 1996. Now obviously I'm not comparing Marc Brunell to Brett Favre, I'm just saying there was a damn good team in place in Green Bay in the mid-90s and even an average to slightly above average QB would have been capable of making deep post season runs.

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Sat in my seats during the 70's and 80's.

Highlights were Brockington/Lane, ****ey/Lofton/JJ/Coffman, Ted Hendricks, Jan Stenerud, and MAJIK.

Outside of that, it was a trainwreck.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
For you younger fans, Packers fans have supported the team since 1919. It has little to do with one player. It has a lot to do with the tradition, which has everything to do with ALL the players, ie, the team.

Past "stock" purchases saved the team, as did Milwaukee fans through the years when the team was struggling financially and on the field. Games have been sold out since Lombardi started winning Championships in 1961 until today. That includes the 29 years between Championships in 1967 and 1996. I was at a game in the 80s when a huge banner went up in the north endzone that said "Welcome to Lambeau Field, home of 15 years of bad football" (or something similar). It was taken down. The game was a sellout, as it always has been. Point is: the fans support the team during the bad times just as the good times.

The Brown county vote on renovation passed on a close vote because many voters were perfectly satisfied with the stadium as it was; and many thought taxes were high enough without an additional one. Regardless, I believe the referendum would have passed even if the "home of bad football" had lasted into the current millennium, because it kept the Packers alive; and it has been good for the city and state.

Favre was a tough player that showed up on the field every week. It's likely his consecutive game streak will never be broken. It's why I'd never boo him. He had good and bad games, amassing great individual records --good and bad--while being part of a single Championship. The problem with him is that he grew to be bigger than the team, or the game--in his own mind, which led him on his planned exodus. The plan didn't work with the Packers. It worked to perfection with the Jets. Because of that, I'll sit quietly in my seat if he shows up on gameday at some point.

If the team feels another QB should have his number retired, I'd vote for no. 38, or one of the 7 other numbers Arnie Herber wore. Herber was part of 4 Championship teams, was the greatest passer of his time, and is in the NFL Hall of Fame.

Completely agree with you.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What you need to understand is that is only half of the story.

And whether you like it or not, his desire when he left was to put the Packers back into that gutter.

I have no idea how someone can maintain their respect for him and still consider themselves a Packer fan. It told me enough about his character and the real Brett than anything else.

His legacy still lives on and it is not in the trophy case or in the stats or his highlight reel. The Brett legacy is this and the 1000 other similar threads. That is the devisiveness within Packer nation - trying to bring down the franchise.

So go ahead and be a Favre fan. He sure as he11 is not a Packer fan and probably has laughed his butt off over your allegiance to him and drawing you away from the Packers on many an occasion.

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score

JBlood agree with almost everything. Do believe that without winning, Harlan would have had difficult time. Quite frankly, the renovation discussion may not have taken place. That includes Herber. I have autographs of Blood and Arnie!

Favre still should have the number retired.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score

And whether you like it or not, his desire when he left was to put the Packers back into that gutter.

I have no idea how someone can maintain their respect for him and still consider themselves a Packer fan. It told me enough about his character and the real Brett than anything else.

His legacy still lives on and it is not in the trophy case or in the stats or his highlight reel. The Brett legacy is this and the 1000 other similar threads. That is the devisiveness within Packer nation - trying to bring down the franchise.

So go ahead and be a Favre fan. He sure as he11 is not a Packer fan and probably has laughed his butt off over your allegiance to him and drawing you away from the Packers on many an occasion.

I don't want to get in a huge argument here but you can provide some factual evidence other than a few anecdotes to prove to me that he was "trying to bring down the franchise"? I have to be honest this seems completely silly, there is absolutely ZERO chance that any one person could or would even try to bring down an entire franchise other than an owner.

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Amish--You have every right to stomp your feet and boo.

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want to get in a huge argument here but you can provide some factual evidence other than a few anecdotes to prove to me that he was "trying to bring down the franchise"? I have to be honest this seems completely silly, there is absolutely ZERO chance that any one person could or would even try to bring down an entire franchise other than an owner.

Watch Last Day at Lambeau. Consider little kids cursing Aaron Rodgers out. Then imagine the Vikings winning the Super Bowl. It would be that fallout on steroids. No way would we have won the Super Bowl in such a toxic environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts