Uyy Karumba...Brett announcement coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You sure about that? Or are you just hoping the majority are as eternally bitter as you are?

http://www.jrn.com/wi-sports/Poll-Big-majority-of-fans-would-cheer-Favre-at-Lambeau-268802391.html

I have no doubt a majority would either cheer or be silent, but social media is running abut 60-40, maybe 70-30 on sites partial to the Favreists.
As I stated, if our fanbase is represented--in uniform, monolithic fashion--to be a bunch of wishy washy milquetoast jack@sses who cheer for someone who tried to destroy us, it will be something I will be ashamed of for my entire life.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Am I psychotic, or simply passionate and remember all too well how we were all looking down the barrel of a gun, how we were all standing on the razors edge.

Barrel of a gun? Razor's edge? I think the above question answers itself, although one wonders why anyone would end a question with a period.

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barrel of a gun? Razor's edge? I think the above question answers itself, although one wonders why anyone would end a question with a period.

Yeah, you see, funny thing about that. I actually give a F>ck what happens to this team. I care about it a great deal. Take your "it's just a game" and "it ain't no big deal" blather elsewhere. I am not buying it. And when I hear such insolence uttered so carelessly, I really wish we were more like Raiders or Eagles fans, or better yet football fans across the pond--venues where such utterances will land you in real world of pain.
As for a question versus a period, it is an informal message board where posts are hastily composed with little or no proofreading.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no doubt a majority would either cheer or be silent, but social media is running abut 60-40, maybe 70-30 on sites partial to the Favreists.
As I stated, if our fanbase is represented--in uniform, monolithic fashion--to be a bunch of wishy washy milquetoast jack@sses who cheer for someone who tried to destroy us, it will be something I will be ashamed of for my entire life.

I would say the majority of your hyperbolic nonsense you've spewed in the last 12 hours should be something for you to be ashamed of for your entire life. Calling any Packer fan who DARES to disagree with your infinite wisdom jack@sses and the creating a false dichotomy to further attempt to degrade them? Yeah, shame on you.

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say the majority of your hyperbolic nonsense you've spewed in the last 12 hours should be something for you to be ashamed of for your entire life. Calling any Packer fan who DARES to disagree with your infinite wisdom jack@sses and the creating a false dichotomy to further attempt to degrade them? Yeah, shame on you.

And you think I somehow give a **** what you think about me. I have said my peace to the likes of you. And I mean every word. Now, go pound sound and leave me alone.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, you see, funny thing about that. I actually give a F>ck what happens to this team. I care about it a great deal. Take your "it's just a game" and "it ain't no big deal" blather elsewhere.
So now you're resorting to outright lies? I never said any of those things. And I guarantee that you don't care one iota more than I do about this team. I've been following the Packers religiously since WELL before you became a fan in 1989. So don't preach at me about what it means to be a fan! You keep referencing 2008 as if it was some awful, difficult time to be a Packer fan or something. Try 1972-1990 on for size. Compared to that era, the whole Favre thing is utter silliness.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And you think I somehow give a **** what you think about me. I have said my peace to the likes of you. And I mean every word. Now, go pound sound and leave me alone.
Dish it but can't take it, huh?

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes you did sir, by belittling or diminishing what you call hyperbole at the stakes involved in 2009 and elsewhere. We were not really standing on the razor's edge is tantamount to saying it is no big deal, so on and so forth.
YOU are the one stoking division by belittling or insulting people like me who are *RIGHTLY* indignant about this. Step off--please and thank you!

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score

leave you alone ? everything you type screams 'please look at me and my opinion'. Which I don't fault you for because I'm a communicator and like attention too but do you believe half the stuff you type ?
how old are you ? its not 1945 anymore. Players/jocks play for money and rewards and fame and are free agents and don't treat other teams as gangs they need to hate. Peppers is A Packer now but by your logic you should still hate him because he was a Bear and a Panther before.

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
leave you alone ? everything you type screams 'please look at me and my opinion'. Which I don't fault you for because I'm a communicator and like attention too but do you believe half the stuff you type ?
how old are you ? its not 1945 anymore. Players/jocks play for money and rewards and fame and are free agents and don't treat other teams as gangs they need to hate. Peppers is A Packer now but by your logic you should still hate him because he was a Bear and a Panther before.

Aren't you that guy who thinks its fine and good to cheer for everyone? Yes I think so. Oh and I mean every single word I write. Not only that, but forum policy prevents me from writing what I really think. I am thinking of composing a poll asking if we should be more like Eagles or Raiders--or better yet European football--fans to deter this sort of nonsense.
Look at this pic I have uploaded. This is the kind of crap we have been suffering for years now, partly because of you know who, but also because Packer fans are too nice. Try doing that in Philly or Oakland, or in England for that matter, or Germany. I don't think I need to explicitly state what would happen.

Attachments

• Turncoat!.jpg
    Turncoat!.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 70

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes you did sir, by belittling or diminishing what you call hyperbole at the stakes involved in 2009 and elsewhere. We were not really standing on the razor's edge is tantamount to saying it is no big deal, so on and so forth.
YOU are the one stoking division by belittling or insulting people like me who are *RIGHTLY* indignant about this. Step off--please and thank you!
Just... unbelievable. I'm pretty sure it is you who has been calling anyone who disagrees with you "jack@sses." Just because you want to be bitter and indignant doesn't mean everyone else has to waste their energy doing as you do.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am thinking of composing a poll asking if we should be more like Eagles or Raiders--or better yet European football--fans to deter this sort of nonsense.

Oh, please do. And prepare to be disappointed... or ashamed.. or whatever.

Look at this pic I have uploaded. This is the kind of crap we have been suffering for years now

The HORROR!

Try doing that in Philly or Oakland, or in England for that matter, or Germany. I don't think I need to explicitly state what would happen.

So you advocate violence in the name of sports. Good to know. Says a lot about you.

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just... unbelievable. I'm pretty sure it is you who has been calling anyone who disagrees with you "jack@sses." Just because you want to be bitter and indignant doesn't mean everyone else has to waste their energy doing as you do.

No I said people who cheer for someone who did everything in his power to ruin our team, and in effect act like it never happened are jack@sses. I also likened them to animals with the intellect and emotional constitution of a rodeo bull. Because that is what a rodeo bull does. He gets angry at the indignation of someone trying to ride his back, trying to kill the guy, and then forgets all about five seconds later with the distraction of a rodeo clown. I find that characterization far more insulting but hey to each their own.
Some of us have dignity, and a memory. Some of us are not ALL smiles and sunshine.
Now maybe this fun ditty will do away with you, because that is all I hear when I read your this and that talk: NAG! NAG! NAG!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No I said people who cheer for someone who did everything in his power to ruin our team, and in effect act like it never happened are jack@sses.

In other words, anyone who doesn't think like you. NAG, NAG, NAG.... :rolleyes:

SSDP

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
doesn't make much sense because it's closed until next summer.
Doesn't make much sense to try to correct someone when you don't know the answer, does it?

"According to a source familiar with the announcement, Favre will go into the Hall of Fame next year, once the new facility is finished inside the Lambeau Field Atrium. The new hall is scheduled to be completed in April, and Favre would go in in July."

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...ckers-hall-of-fame-b99323613z1-269760951.html

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
Impending civil war in Ukraine, mass murder and religious persecution in Iraq, genocide in Syria, Israel/Gaza war, water shortages in California, Ebola virus outbreaks, Border crisis...

... you know, just a little perspective on things that might matter a bit more than the traitor of a professional NFL franchise. I'm not justifying his wrong doings, but really, in the GRAND scheme of things, is it really worth rupturing our emotional stability to keep up such aggressive resentment?

Favre's an a.s.s, he doesn't deserve the praise, but time marches on and so does the Packers organization. Brett Favre will be celebrated today, but will ultimately just be another stone built into the monumental history of the Green Bay Packers.

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Impending civil war in Ukraine, mass murder and religious persecution in Iraq, genocide in Syria, Israel/Gaza war, water shortages in California, Ebola virus outbreaks, Border crisis...

... you know, just a little perspective on things that might matter a bit more than the traitor of a professional NFL franchise. I'm not justifying his wrong doings, but really, in the GRAND scheme of things, is it really worth rupturing our emotional stability to keep up such aggressive resentment?

Favre's an a.s.s, he doesn't deserve the praise, but time marches on and so does the Packers organization. Brett Favre will be celebrated today, but will ultimately just be another stone built into the monumental history of the Green Bay Packers.

I care a lot more about the Packers than war or genocide in far off lands. Sorry, that may make me sound like a nutter, or a sociopath, but its true. I am affected far more by a Packers loss than, say, a local news story about a fatal car crash or random strangers dying in a fire.
The only example you provide that might compare is the situation in Ukraine, and that is only because I am aware of how things like that can spiral out of control and plunge nations of millions into war: Sudetenland and the Polish corridor, old hatred in the Balkans which ignited the Great War.
Sorry, but for me the Packers are essentially a life or death matter. I am not a pretty site when they lose a playoff game, or a really important regular season game. Sometimes I don't eat or sleep for days (2011, 2007). I have punched walls, thrown a printer against the wall smashing it to bits, or have broken down in tears like a little girl. When Rodgers went down last year, it felt very much like a bad breakup I suffered a couple years ago. I love this team so much, and the Packers are a very important part of my life. I hope that puts what this man tried to do in perspective.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I care a lot more about the Packers than war or genocide in far off lands. Sorry, that may make me sound like a nutter, or a sociopath, but its true. I am affected far more by a Packers loss than, say, a local news story about a fatal car crash or random strangers dying in a fire.
The only example you provide that might compare is the situation in Ukraine, and that is only because I am aware of how things like that can spiral out of control and plunge nations of millions into war: Sudetenland and the Polish corridor, old hatred in the Balkans which ignited the Great War.
Sorry, but for me the Packers are essentially a life or death matter. I am not a pretty site when they lose a playoff game, or a really important regular season game. Sometimes I don't eat or sleep for days (2011, 2007). I have punched walls, thrown a printer against the wall smashing it to bits, or have broken down in tears like a little girl. When Rodgers went down last year, it felt very much like a bad breakup I suffered a couple years ago. I love this team so much, and the Packers are a very important part of my life. I hope that puts what this man tried to do in perspective.

I love the super die hard fans, I really do...... but if you are losing sleep about games.....you may need to seek some sort of professional help, that is not healthy to be so overly consumed by something that you could not possibly have any shred of control over.

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love the super die hard fans, I really do...... but if you are losing sleep about games.....you may need to seek some sort of professional help, that is not healthy to be so overly consumed by something that you could not possibly have any shred of control over.

I wanted to die after that 2011-2012 loss to the Giants. Missed two days of work, was out of the gym for two weeks. Friends joked I should have been put on suicide watch, but as with all jokes, there is some truth to it. Sorry but that is how emotionally invested I am in this team. Last couple of years were easier because I was expecting the possibility we would lose, but it still sucked.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
I appreciate your passion, E. Wolf. I, too, once felt the same way you did when I was in the height of my fanaticism in my mid-teen years. Don't get me wrong, I'm still obsessed with this team, but as I've gotten older I've learned there's just a lot of other sad realities in the world and in my own personal life that will give me plenty of unwarranted stress than football. I'm still an emotional wreck during games and care about the team on a day to day basis, but it's just not healthy to let it affect your personal well-being. You've gotta love the game for the passion and fun that it brings, but not let it be the emotional determinant. Take it from somebody who let it control their life in 2005 during a 4-12 season... it's not worth it.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Can we please stop hating on him. Its over and done with its time to move forward and heal the wounds.

Has he done alot of ****** stuff yes he has. But also has he done alot of good stuff from earler in his career HELL YES. It takes alot to hate someone.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From this news release, it appears the ceremony will be held next July at the Hall of Fame ceremony in Lambeau. That will negate all (or most) of the boos that will certainly be heard any time in the next 20 years the guy shows up on gameday in Lambeau, which I think is a good thing, as it would be embarrassing for both sides. For those who think BF and TT have made up, notice TT isn't mentioned in Favray's quotes, except by inference: he mentions Wolf as "the greatest GM in the history of the NFL". As for me, I've always said Bart Starr is the greatest quarterback of the franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts