Uyy Karumba...Brett announcement coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre doesn't come to GB and become what he was Reggie White sure as hell doesn't sign with GB nor does Santana Dotson, Eugene Robinson, Andre Rison, Keith Jackson,Sean Jones, Desmond Howard..... NONE of those guy come to Green Bay if they were still the doormats of the pre Favre years..... They came there to play with a winner, they came to play with Favre

Ron Wolf built the resurrected Packers around Brett Favre..... Anyone who does see or won't admit that just really isn't worth paying attention to

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre doesn't come to GB and become what he was Reggie White sure as hell doesn't sign with GB nor does Santana Dotson, Eugene Robinson, Andre Rison, Keith Jackson,Sean Jones, Desmond Howard..... NONE of those guy come to Green Bay if they were still the doormats of the pre Favre years..... They came there to play with a winner, they came to play with Favre

Ron Wolf built the resurrected Packers around Brett Favre..... Anyone who does see or won't admit that just really isn't worth paying attention to
Yep

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't think anyone has a problem with that.
What we do have a problem with is certain things Fail did later on after he quit on the Packers.

One thing I can't stand about him is the way that he kept on being wishy-washy and changing his mind.
Just make up your mind and stick to it. You say you're going to retire and then you don't and go and play for the Jets instead? What a flake!
So when I'm unable to follow through on something I thought I could do, I call it "Pulling a Brett Favre."

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also don't have a problem with what Favre did during his career. He had a wonderful tenure with the Packers and will be a legend no matter what people think of him now. It is however his actions after the whole retirement thing started up that bothers me. Seeing an iconic Packers figure in a Vikings uniform didn't help. None of that is a slight on his performance as an active player though I think a lot of the records he broke were a result of the longevity of his career.

I've never heard a fellow Packers fan have anything bad to say about him when we won the Superbowl in '97.

All things considered, my reasons to dislike him seem a bit petty in the grand scheme of things. There remain a lot of fans who feel very passionate about how he "turned on" the Packers. There are also a lot of fans who remain fans of his. I think there should be a place for both sets of fans as despite our differences over Favre, we remain Packers fans. In the end that is what is important. To Favre or not to Farve, will be debated for some time. I'm more in the spirit of taking the past for what it is and moving on a stronger team and fan base.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I don't think anyone has a problem with that.
What we do have a problem with is certain things Fail did later on after he quit on the Packers.

One thing I can't stand about him is the way that he kept on being wishy-washy and changing his mind.
Just make up your mind and stick to it. You say you're going to retire and then you don't and go and play for the Jets instead? What a flake!
So when I'm unable to follow through on something I thought I could do, I call it "Pulling a Brett Favre."

Extremely well put

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
To the people saying he should not be allowed in the ring of honor. Would you be all for he be in the Ring of Honor had he not done his shenanigans.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre never ever ever said he was retiring, he said the same thing every year, " I'm going home take a couple months think about it and make a decision" that's essentially what I heard him say in 2005, 2006, 2007.... If somebody has a verified Quote of him announcing his retirement prior to 2008 then please cite it. Yes he changed his mind in 2008. I retired in 1998 at the age of 42, changed my mind and came back in 2005, thought about retiring again in 2008 but changed jobs instead, finally hung em up for good 2 years ago. People change their mind all the time. Some days I still think I'm too young to be retired. I think most people who begrudge Favre contemplating retirement and actually deciding to retire and then change his mind, can't wrap their mind around HAVING that opportunity. Why should Favre (or any NFL player for that matter) owe their team any answer before reporting date? The team doesn't owe any player any answer ever..... There are no garaunteed contracts from the owner so why should there be from the player? Bottom line is Favre retired from the Packers ONE time..... All the other stuff was a bunch of BS largely whipped up by the press. If you paid any attention to it that's your problem, if TT or MM or anyone else paid much attention to it that was their problem. I never had any doubt whatsoever that Favre would be back every single year. Favre did what he was paid to do and he did it better than all but a handful of Packers. If some of you have illusions that any professional owes you more than that then you live in a dream world. But by all means boo him, that's your right when you buy a ticket, just like it was his right to think about retirement every year (omg an athlete actually thinking and sharing his thoughts ...... Wow !!!) just like it's his right to announce his retirement one day and change his mind a couple months later. Green Bay had the right to trade him, Favre had the right (in fact the obligation) to do his level best to win for his new team and beat the Packers when they played. Brett Favre gave Green Bay and the fans every single thing he owed them and he did it better than almost everyone who ever played the game ANYWHERE. That's what gets you in a HOF folks. peace out ( one this subject)

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i've tried and tried to stay away from this topic/thread ect..even liked a few of the comments... at the VERY least, I think the Packers need to announce that they were a bit "premature" on this decision....then announce it again for 2016...then come back for another "premature" decision and then announce it again for 2017....yada yada.... just sayin. :sneaky:
Sometime years from now in the future: OK Brett.
Packers office: This year we are going to do it for sure!
(A few months later.) Oh wait. Hold it! First we are going to put Aaron Rodgers into the Packers HOF, retire his number and put his name in the ring of honor before you.
Brett: Aw, forget you guys! I'm going to the Vikings and get my number retired there instead!

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Who is the ONLY coach who has ever been able to tame this guy? Holmgren, and perhaps Mariucci as his QB coach. Without Holmgren, number four would never have become what he was. I get Favre was an indispensable part, but so were Wolf, Harlan and Holmgren. It is like a bunch of parts in a high performance engine which, absent any one of thise parts, cannot operate.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who is the ONLY coach who has ever been able to tame this guy? Holmgren, and perhaps Mariucci as his QB coach. Without Holmgren, number four would never have become what he was. I get Favre was an indispensable part, but so were Wolf, Harlan and Holmgren. It is like a bunch of parts in a high performance engine which, absent any one of thise parts, cannot operate.
Yup.
Sure they made the team around Fail but he didn't do any of the homework to make it happen.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre never ever ever said he was retiring, he said the same thing every year, " I'm going home take a couple months think about it and make a decision" that's essentially what I heard him say in 2005, 2006, 2007.... If somebody has a verified Quote of him announcing his retirement prior to 2008 then please cite it. Yes he changed his mind in 2008. I retired in 1998 at the age of 42, changed my mind and came back in 2005, thought about retiring again in 2008 but changed jobs instead, finally hung em up for good 2 years ago. People change their mind all the time. Some days I still think I'm too young to be retired. I think most people who begrudge Favre contemplating retirement and actually deciding to retire and then change his mind, can't wrap their mind around HAVING that opportunity. Why should Favre (or any NFL player for that matter) owe their team any answer before reporting date? The team doesn't owe any player any answer ever..... There are no garaunteed contracts from the owner so why should there be from the player? Bottom line is Favre retired from the Packers ONE time..... All the other stuff was a bunch of BS largely whipped up by the press. If you paid any attention to it that's your problem, if TT or MM or anyone else paid much attention to it that was their problem. I never had any doubt whatsoever that Favre would be back every single year. Favre did what he was paid to do and he did it better than all but a handful of Packers. If some of you have illusions that any professional owes you more than that then you live in a dream world. But by all means boo him, that's your right when you buy a ticket, just like it was his right to think about retirement every year (omg an athlete actually thinking and sharing his thoughts ...... Wow !!!) just like it's his right to announce his retirement one day and change his mind a couple months later. Green Bay had the right to trade him, Favre had the right (in fact the obligation) to do his level best to win for his new team and beat the Packers when they played. Brett Favre gave Green Bay and the fans every single thing he owed them and he did it better than almost everyone who ever played the game ANYWHERE. That's what gets you in a HOF folks. peace out ( one this subject)
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Once again the Favreist set neglects to mention that he could have remained a Jet (the Jets went to the AFC Championship game with Sanchez), that he finagled his way out of that contract to wage a vendetta against our Packers. Keep churning those lies, half truths and false analogies.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once again the Favreist set neglects to mention that he could have remained a Jet (the Jets went to the AFC Championship game with Sanchez), that he finagled his way out of that contract to wage a vendetta against our Packers. Keep churning those lies, half truths and false analogies.
I guess he never watched this or else left the film room whenever Rex Ryan played it to motivate the team.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I threw away my 4 jersey after he went to the Vikings. But I remember how many times I would say to my co-workers "Farve is a god". He gave us 16 years of greatness. He put everything into the games. How many QB's do you see running down field to put a block on a defender, or when he would get in the face of the guy who just sacked him. Watching Brett was pure joy and a thrill a minute to watch.

Time to bring him home to the franchise he resurrected.

Favre is a God!!!!!

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

THAT`S what the scumbag said. Retire the bastards number and be done with it. I`ll never buy any #4 merchandize so screw him. Have a nice day :tup:

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Favre is going to "stick it" to the Packers once again. Only this time the Packers are actively aiding and abetting their own humiliation. Favre doesn't care about the Packers. This is a feed to his own excessive ego. How much he must be enjoying the courtship pursuit and the final surrender of the Packers to him. In Minnesota the media is already chortling about the Packers and their fans giving in to him. I'm sure more is to come from other quarters as well.

Watch Vaseline stock rise. It's going to take a lot for the Packers to take it in the end.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Correct-no one can deny most of it..but why the free pass from 99 on?

I posted how great Brett was and how average he was after 99

Just on games alone his numbers dont show him as being great from 99 on. Sure he had a good season here or there, but on average he was-- average..

The game is to win, and go to the SB

Here is a little story

Few years after starting, Aaron gave an interview to Michael Irvin and was talking about Brett and he never talked..

A friend of Brett's posted this on Brett's forum

"shut and and win games. When you win a mvp and a playoff game then you can talk"

Even Brett's inner circle knew the only thing that mattered was to win.. And from 99 on- Brett was average in that dept even when he had teams that wrre really good

So again some of us wont give a free pass just because he won a SB 18 years ago

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Even told his family this is the real deal-- believe me it is... Is what he told them

http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawks/2008735082_nfl12.html

Its more then just " changing your mind"

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Wolf built an exceptionally talented and deep T E A M and it was Reggie more than any one else who could be said to have been the pivotal player. And he came to Green Bay for the M O N E Y. Reggie White never said anywhere that he came to the Packers because of their quarterback.

The '96 team was so good and complete that it could cover and overcome Favre's periodic reckless gunslinging and win the Super Bowl. But if Favre was the one built around, why did he never return to the Super Bowl or win one once Holmgren, Reggie and the rest of that team left?

For awhile in the early '90's Holmgren was ready to bench Favre and go with Mark Brunell as quarterback. If he hadn't gotten hurt Don Majkowski might have stayed on as the starter through those years. And all else being equal the Packers could still have won the Super Bowl when they did.

I'll give Favre his due and his place but let's not retroactively exalt him higher than in fact he was.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
After many years, he had learned how to tell the media what they want to hear.....sort of media manipulation, then WHAM!!! I'm off to the bitter rival, just as I planned from day one of leaving GB.......Muuuuuhahahaha (evil laugh)
The vikequeens had their eye on him from jump street, yet that clause said he couldn't go to a rival, so evil plan.....go to the Jets for a season, an AFC team that had nothing to do with the packers...... blah blah blah retire yet again.......get flown in by private jet to Minn., and strike a deal to get even with TT and the packers. ...... and some people want to honor this guy? To me, in my world, in my way of thinking.....he is a traitor......and in my background a traitor is the lowest form of life. BUCK FRET

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree. And Harlan, Wolf, Holmgren and Mariucci think Favre should have his number retired. Are these people not Packer fans?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Agree. And Harlan, Wolf, Holmgren and Mariucci think Favre should have his number retired. Are these people not Packer fans?

and do you expect people with their name and credability to bad mouth #4? No, they tend to be smarter and more savvy when it come to speaking out. I can bet that TT will be grinding his teeth during the entire ceremony and I would love to know what he is really thinking the whole time.

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-train...camp-scuffle?campaign=Facebook_videos_packers

Steve also said that the relationship--between fans, Brett and team is not repaired yet...It is a start and all need to go through this process..He also stated that after the ceremony at the stadium during a game will most of this be over
Yeah and most of the Favre haters on this forum say that if you support him, you can't be a GB fan. So, in the eyes of the haters, Harlan, Wolf, Holmgren and Mariucci are not GB fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts