Trade Deadline Approaching

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we do what we can to stockpile picks to repair the O-line and get WR's for Love in the offseason. Hurts is only Hurts because his Oline is insane and their management wasn't too cheap to pay AJ Brown.
So you have never watched him throw or run the ball?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we do what we can to stockpile picks to repair the O-line and get WR's for Love in the offseason. Hurts is only Hurts because his Oline is insane and their management wasn't too cheap to pay AJ Brown.
Lol we were gonna pay Adams more than AJ got

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one is trading anything of value for a 29 year old RB with a hamstring issue. I wish they would just IR him and check back in 4 weeks.

I think Smith is about the only person that might be moved.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one is trading anything of value for a 29 year old RB with a hamstring issue. I wish they would just IR him and check back in 4 weeks.
If he cannot go full this week; that's what they should do. I kind of think that with a hamstring; you either go all in or wait. Why this pitch count?

Reaction score
A day1 in return IMO - IF you are conceding as an organization we gotta hit reset and rebuild.

I don't think it happens personally, but would understand if it did.
that’s kinda my point. If that’s what it would take as a feasible trade, it’s never going to happen.

Reaction score

I think Smith is about the only person that might be moved.
Now THAT I can see.
We love drafting and developing Edge players and we’ve spent two 1st Rounders in recent history. Time to uncage LVN and break him in.
We also have a few DL that can play that Edge position in the meantime.

He might get us what..
a 4th rounder?

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now THAT I can see.
We love drafting and developing Edge players and we’ve spent two 1st Rounders in recent history. Time to uncage LVN and break him in.
We also have a few DL that can play that Edge position in the meantime.

He might get us what..
a 4th rounder?

I doubt we move him this year. He just signed a contract and got his signing bonus. If we move him, it's a 19.7m dead cap hit. I'm not even sure we can take that hit this year.

Next offseason? Maybe? His dead cap is less than his actual cap hit by about 3m. The problem with trying to move him is his base salary balloons in 2025 to ~12m.

Whoever trades for him has go in with the idea that he's potentially done after 2024. What is another team going to offer for a 32 year old EDGE defender that might be a 1 year rental? What would YOU offer for such a player?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that’s kinda my point. If that’s what it would take as a feasible trade, it’s never going to happen.

I don’t think you get a clean day 1 but it could be of day 1 value. Either a send back a three or instead of a 1 it’s a 2 and a 3.

I think if he was healthy it’s a legit possibility…but alas…

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think they do anything. Not much we can get at this time for our guys anyway. If we win Sunday we ride it out with no moves. If we lose, possible some selling.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you have never watched him throw or run the ball?
I have seen him plenty and am also aware that he has a team of frickin' Avengers to throw to or block for him.
Lol we were gonna pay Adams more than AJ got
Also aware of that, my point was that the Eagles were willing to pay AJ AND trade significant draft picks to the Titans to secure a top 5 WR for their young QB.

Reaction score
I don't think they do anything. Not much we can get at this time for our guys anyway. If we win Sunday we ride it out with no moves. If we lose, possible some selling.
Good point.
The problem I’ve noticed is many players we have under contract have terrible scenarios for dead money in a pre June 1 trade.

The primary ones that are doable without an egregious cap hit are the ending Rookie contract. Some of our other guys who are locked under contract past 2024 have enormous, punishing dead money. I suppose it’s due to the way we kept restructuring and pushing money out that the inflation is catching up. It’s like balloon payments coming due next year and it ain’t pretty. Wed be taking on a small car payment and turning in the Mercedes and paying for both payments simultaneously. However the later draft pick means we get our choice of domestic Compact vehicle. The Wife ain't gonna be happy. Good Luck! :eek:

Last edited:
OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Get Adams back, he'd do wonders for Love's development...people forget just how good of weapons Rodgers had in 2008

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Get Adams back, he'd do wonders for Love's development...people forget just how good of weapons Rodgers had in 2008
actually kind of thought about that myself. (Think the whole way the Rodgers/Adams departure was handled was kinda botched but…) would certainly be good for Love and given the circumstances probably could be a reasonable deal. But I think Adams would only want to move to a contender and we look like we’re a long long way off from that right now. Of course he spent a long time in GB so perhaps he’d be more comfortable here but he’d be exchanging one bad sporting situation for an arguably worse one

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rasul Douglas will be missed, but at least now Barry can justify the DB's playing 100 yds off the LOS, regularly.

I don't understand why Washington would get rid of BOTH DE's Sweat & Young? They created almost $16mil dead cap, increased their '24 cap space to $91mil, and severely weakened their D. Young is only 24 and got the Commanders a 3rd, Sweat 27 got a high 2nd from the Bears.

Last edited: