This looks like a disaster

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another telling tale for the Bears and their defense, once again like the 85 Bears, they are leading the league in Turnover differential (+13) as well as points scored off of turnovers (82). The Packers on the other hand have a differential of Zero. I couldn't find stats on Packer points off of turnovers, but considering they only have forced 11, it can't be too high.

Danial Simpson Day ... has no grade point average.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
catch 22, with every win MM is that much closer to coming back next season lol
You know what? That may be true. But so what if he does? There's something to be said for stability. The Steelers and Saints both hit rough spots and they stuck with their guys. MM has been given very limited tools by TT the last 5 years.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers had 15 players on injured reserve at the end of the 2010 season. Of course thst year being an uncapped one helped replacing those guys.

Why are you making this more difficult than it should be? It's pretty much universally acknowledged outside of this forum that MM's time is done. Comparing this to the 2010 Packers team is a real stretch and now we're comparing this team to the Giants? Yeah, I want my coach to be one that gets lucky every couple of years with a dominant dline and incompetent QB, sounds nothing like what Green Bay has right now.

And I also like how you took one small point to disagree with out of an excellent post by Pokerbrat showing why 2010 was different than this year; makes sense since the other points were pretty much spot on and completely destroyed any comparison between 2010 and this year.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You mean like how the Patriots hired the re-tread Belichick?

I was waiting for someone to pull out the 1 in a million time it worked to prove that it's POSSIBLE!!! Not sure I want the Packers to be one of the main characters from Dumber and Dumber...So you're saying there's a chance!

Hmm...tried to insert a picture of the scene from Dumber and Dumber but I have no idea which sites I can use pictures from...so just imagine a bucktoothed Jim Carrey.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

D

Deleted member 6794

Why are you making this more difficult than it should be? It's pretty much universally acknowledged outside of this forum that MM's time is done. Comparing this to the 2010 Packers team is a real stretch and now we're comparing this team to the Giants? Yeah, I want my coach to be one that gets lucky every couple of years with a dominant dline and incompetent QB, sounds nothing like what Green Bay has right now.

And I also like how you took one small point to disagree with out of an excellent post by Pokerbrat showing why 2010 was different than this year; makes sense since the other points were pretty much spot on and completely destroyed any comparison between 2010 and this year.

Well, the Packers still holding on to McCarthy indicates the front office hasn't acknowledged that McCarthy is done but of course there's no reason to value their opinion over any media members.

I don't expect the Packers to win the Super Bowl this season either but I brought up the 2011 Giants as another example of a team nobody considered a legit contender after week 10. Once again, if they end up making it to the postseason there's a chance to get hot at the right time.

There's no reason to root for them missing the playoffs.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, the Packers still holding on to McCarthy indicates the front office hasn't acknowledged that McCarthy is done but of course there's no reason to value their opinion over any media members.

I don't expect the Packers to win the Super Bowl this season either but I brought up the 2011 Giants as another example of a team nobody considered a legit contender after week 10. Once again, if they end up making it to the postseason there's a chance to get hot at the right time.

There's no reason to root for them missing the playoffs.

I never said I was rooting for them to miss the playoffs. And the fact that the front office held onto MM just shows that they're conservative and not very good at self-awareness of the team. It's been obvious for years that MM has either not kept up with the rest of the league or has just lost the team, it's just taken about three years of disappointment for the front office and some fans to face the fact that either MM has lost this team or MM has not kept up with changes in the game.

And, while it would be wonderful for the team to "get hot" and win the Super Bowl (which I would be happy about), there is still the fear that the Packers would turn MM into the coaching equivalent of Joe Flacco following such a win. Ravens fans were ecstatic when they won the Super Bowl with Flacco but a lot of that luster has faded since they got stuck re-signing him.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While it's only for entertainment, it is nice to see that ESPN has Green Bay listed as the #1 potential coaching opening in the NFL next year. Also interesting that Barnwell points out that the biggest weakness on the team, while listed as young talent, is actually MM.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While it's only for entertainment, it is nice to see that ESPN has Green Bay listed as the #1 potential coaching opening in the NFL next year. Also interesting that Barnwell points out that the biggest weakness on the team, while listed as young talent, is actually MM.
as if someone needed anything more to realize that reading those things was a complete waste of time. LOL News generated to generate clicks. Man they have todays society just hooked and they can't get enough. For all of MM's faults, you don't win a super bowl with 15+ guys on IR. You don't get to 4 NFCCG's by being a putz for a coach and I don't care who your QB is. I can't even believe i'm taking time to respond to such drivel. I guess at least I didn't click to read it.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I find it really hard to distinguish where exactly the offensive play calling problems lie because McCarthy and Rodgers are so closely entwined. We also don’t know exactly how much of a role in this Philbin plays. At times (San Fran) the offensive line has looked bad as well. I do think Rodgers mechanics are off and I suspect much of that is injury related. I also think some it may be habitual but that’s because I think he is slow to correct his own problems.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
as if someone needed anything more to realize that reading those things was a complete waste of time. LOL News generated to generate clicks. Man they have todays society just hooked and they can't get enough. For all of MM's faults, you don't win a super bowl with 15+ guys on IR. You don't get to 4 NFCCG's by being a putz for a coach and I don't care who your QB is. I can't even believe i'm taking time to respond to such drivel. I guess at least I didn't click to read it.

As I said, entertainment only. Also, referencing a Super Bowl 7 years ago doesn't refute any part of "has lost the team or hasn't modernized". Additionally, bringing up the NFCCG's really only reminds me that his most recent trip was a terrific demonstration of his timidity. I will take nothing from his job getting an injury-plagued team to a Super Bowl win. By the same token, TT put together an amazing team that had the depth to weather those injuries. However, much like TT doesn't get a free pass because of what he did in the long ago, MM also shouldn't be getting a pass.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know what? That may be true. But so what if he does? There's something to be said for stability. The Steelers and Saints both hit rough spots and they stuck with their guys. MM has been given very limited tools by TT the last 5 years.
I do agree with the lack of support by TT and that IS important. But MM has gone stale and seems to have reached the peak of his creativity about 3 years ago. This offense looks the same not just every year, but every game. And I’d take Mike Tomlin or Sean Payton over MM. Ironically, Payton was available when the Packers picked MM (after getting dissed by, I think, the HC at Michigan State).

Anyway, time for a HC that in NOT a playcaller. That’s what an OC is for. MM is a glorified OC, and he loses sight of the overall game and the play of offense, defense and STs. Even IF the Packers make the playoffs, short of a trip to the SB, MM is coaching in Cleveland next year. That would be a great situation for him. And GB will have talent lined up well outside 1265 to interview for the HC job. Let’s Hope Murphy and especially Glute are already thinking about who that person should be.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find it really hard to distinguish where exactly the offensive play calling problems lie because McCarthy and Rodgers are so closely entwined. We also don’t know exactly how much of a role in this Philbin plays. At times (San Fran) the offensive line has looked bad as well. I do think Rodgers mechanics are off and I suspect much of that is injury related. I also think some it may be habitual but that’s because I think he is slow to correct his own problems.
You bring up a good question, what IS Philbin’s job. The OC usually calls the offensive plays. To me, he’s third man out behind MM and ARod. Too bad becasue I think Philbin has something left in the tank, as an OC, not as a HC.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You bring up a good question, what IS Philbin’s job. The OC usually calls the offensive plays. To me, he’s third man out behind MM and ARod. Too bad becasue I think Philbin has something left in the tank, as an OC, not as a HC.
Philbin was not forced to come back to the Packers... and I’m sure he knew the score when he agreed to the job.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He’s out coached a lot. Time outs, game management, he doesn’t really know how to keep a lead. His time should be up in greenbay.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts