This looks like a disaster

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Aaron Jones and MVS finding their footing and ESB starting to contribute, I think this team can win 10 games with AR .

But is it worth it?

Or a good idea?

Then we are left with late picks again..

D

Deleted member 6794

Yeah, I prefer the Packers to not win games as well to be able to draft early instead of having a disastrous season winning 10 games :rolleyes:

OP
OP
PackinMSP

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This team .can beat the Rams in the playoffs but I don't know about the Saints

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
as always, if you play to lose, you're a loser. it's tough to wash that stank off.

Why would we even wish it? maybe these kids don't know they're not supposed to be great yet? Maybe this young team starts connecting the dots, growing getting better and hit a freaking streak come playoff time if they make it? Maybe they fall just short and leaves a fire in their belly to come back and prove to everyone how good they are next year?

You always play to win. Leave the losers somewhere else.

D

Deleted member 6794

What's your point though??? I definitely enjoy the Packers making the playoffs more than them having an early draft pick.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Maybe someone else beats the Saints? Maybe injuries catch up with them? Maybe the Packers play them and shock the world.

You don’t know unless you get a chance to find out. It’s utterly senseless to hope for the Packers to lose.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we want MM to stick around for the rest of Rodgers career and fail to make it to the Super Bowl ever again...

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nightmare scenario is Packers making playoffs just to get bounced on the road at the Vikings and the team using the playoffs as an excuse to keep MM. Dream scenario would be the Packers making the playoffs, winning on the road against the Vikings and the Packers being smart enough to STILL move on from MM.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Nightmare scenario is Packers making playoffs just to get bounced on the road at the Vikings and the team using the playoffs as an excuse to keep MM. Dream scenario would be the Packers making the playoffs, winning on the road against the Vikings and the Packers being smart enough to STILL move on from MM.

I could have quoted anyone, but yours was most convenient ;)

and if by some miracle, this team pulls it together and wins a SB...."Fire MM" still?

Not saying it will happen, but with all the MM hate out there right now, seems like that might be some "Packer fans" worst nightmare. ;)

Last edited:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score

and if by some miracle, this team pulls it together and wins a SB...."Fire MM" still?

Not saying it will happen, but with all the MM hate out there right now, that might be some "Packer fans" worst nightmare. ;)
Unfortunately many posters around here seem happier when they have someone to hate for something. I do think McCarthy could improve some of his most stubborn tendencies, but I am not enthusiastic at all about rolling the dice with the last years of Aaron Rodgers and bringing in a whole new head coach and system. I think McCarthhy has a lot of positive attributes that many in here want to ignore. Could he be better? Sure. Anyone could. But anyone old enough to have watched football for more than The Favre/Rodgers era should know that we are more likely to find a coach that isn’t as good as what we have. I don’t expect to change anyone’s mind... nor will I respond to the inevitable rebuttal this is going to get. I will just say this is my opinion... It could be wrong... but personally, I’m hoping we don’t have to test it.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want fat Mike coaching again next year
I don't want to have to read all these posts written like a middle school kid was talking about their principal but i'm not wishing for them to be mangled in car accidents and lose their fingers so they can't type either.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately many posters around here seem happier when they have someone to hate for something. I do think McCarthy could improve some of his most stubborn tendencies, but I am not enthusiastic at all about rolling the dice with the last years of Aaron Rodgers and bringing in a whole new head coach and system. I think McCarthhy has a lot of positive attributes that many in here want to ignore. Could he be better? Sure. Anyone could. But anyone old enough to have watched football for more than The Favre/Rodgers era should know that we are more likely to find a coach that isn’t as good as what we have. I don’t expect to change anyone’s mind... nor will I respond to the inevitable rebuttal this is going to get. I will just say this is my opinion... It could be wrong... but personally, I’m hoping we don’t have to test it.
Things are being leaked that indicates there are issues.. I would like a new HC, if MM can't or won't change his ways..

But the way you put it, I agree with you

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know how you absolutely 100% guarantee you don't make the Super Bowl? Don't make the playoffs.

Until they are completely out of it, I hope they win every game regardless of their perceived chances in the playoffs.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Not saying it will happen, but with all the MM hate out there right now, seems like that might be some "Packer fans" worst nightmare. ;)
I see it like this, it should be superbowl or bust for MM from here on out. lol

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I see it like this, it should be superbowl or bust for MM from here on out. lol

and if they lose that Super Bowl?

So many factors going on behind the scenes that we don't know about for the decision to be made either way. I'm expecting that if the Packers miss the playoffs, MM is out the door. How many playoff games he has to win or if he has to win the SB too, you never know.

All that said, it wouldn't shock me if he is back in a bit of a reduced role (no play calling).

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and if they lose that Super Bowl?

So many factors going on behind the scenes that we don't know about for the decision to be made either way. I'm expecting that if the Packers miss the playoffs, MM is out the door. How many playoff games he has to win or if he has to win the SB too, you never know.

All that said, it wouldn't shock me if he is back in a bit of a reduced role (no play calling).
Him being back in a reduced roll would surprise me. Unless he would choose to stop calling plays himself... I don’t know how you have a head coach... that is not allowed to run the day to day football operations.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Him being back in a reduced roll would surprise me. Unless he would choose to stop calling plays himself... I don’t know how you have a head coach... that is not allowed to run the day to day football operations.

I've brought this up several times and still don't have an answer, but I thought that was going to be the role Philbin assumed this year, play calling. My best guess is that he is just an OC that consults MM on the offense, so it feels like nothing has really changed. MM might do a lot of good things as HC, but I think it is fair to say that his play calling has gotten a bit old/stale and predictable. If there is any thoughts by Murphy/Gute to retain MM, I would hope they do it along with bringing in a more innovative OC and let him call the offensive plays as well.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've brought this up several times and still don't have an answer, but I thought that was going to be the role Philbin assumed this year, play calling. My best guess is that he is just an OC that consults MM on the offense, so it feels like nothing has really changed. MM might do a lot of good things as HC, but I think it is fair to say that his play calling has gotten a bit old/stale and predictable. If there is any thoughts by Murphy/Gute to retain MM, I would hope they do it along with bringing in a more innovative OC and let him call the offensive plays as well.
I don’t really disagree.... I just can’t imagine McCarthy sticking around if he has been told by Murphy that he is not really in charge.

Members online

Latest posts